Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

Works for me!!! 

Not to change the subject, but remember that Ree is going to be a regular judge on the Christmas cookie baking competition show that starts tonight right after "Holiday Baking Championship." Eddie Jackson (YEAH!) is the host.

This should be interesting. I hope they pair her up with some high flautin' pastry chef like Zac Young.  Lorraine Pascal would also be a good foil. I'd pay good money to see that!

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

Works for me!!! 

Not to change the subject, but remember that Ree is going to be a regular judge on the Christmas cookie baking competition show that starts tonight right after "Holiday Baking Championship." Eddie Jackson (YEAH!) is the host.

This should be interesting. I hope they pair her up with some high flautin' pastry chef like Zac Young.  Lorraine Pascal would also be a good foil. I'd pay good money to see that!

I didn't know she was going to be a judge until seeing her just now when the show started. Ugh. Will be interesting to see how well she does at critiquing.  

Just imagine all of the fancy cookies Ree will make for her many, many friends in Pawtuska this Christmas.  They'll have to be real visual and edible delights if she's now a cookie competition judge.  I still can't believe the FN hired her for this job.  The only big plus is Eddie Jackson as host.  I had to record the show but can't wait to see it tomorrow.

I hope Ree took Paige with her to NYC so that Paige could enjoy another afternoon tea, not like the cruddy one her mother tried to emulate.  I hope Paige majors in Foods in college and teaches Ree how to cook.  :D

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

I couldn't believe the amount of make-up Ree had caked on.  I generally like her personality and I think her 'natural' look is pretty.  As the year's have gone on, her make up is getting thicker and thicker.  It really ages her.

I don't think she added much to the judging, but at least she wasn't Nancy.

38 minutes ago, Frost said:

I don't think she added much to the judging, but at least she wasn't Nancy.

I prefer Nancy to Ree.  Nancy knows how to bake & cook. Ree is clueless about that.  Ree is better than Nancy at shameless self promotion.

• Love 3

Ree looked very white and pasty.  And too stiff, not natural, did not say enough.  She is also giving away 4 "neato bandito" sets of her new holiday line at walmart.  It is very tacky and cheap looking.  But that is what her followers love.

• Love 1

We named the baby William after my husband's late grandfather, they were inseparable when he was alive. He's doing great, he turned one week yesterday! 

I live in the Bible Belt and I know people of Ree's ilk, I doubt she reads the Bible everyday but they have to seem holier than everybody else so they'll say stuff like that so people will think highly of them.

I am currently trying to talk my mother in law out of buying a Pioneer Woman crockpot.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, mamadani said:

We named the baby William after my husband's late grandfather, they were inseparable when he was alive. He's doing great, he turned one week yesterday! 

I live in the Bible Belt and I know people of Ree's ilk, I doubt she reads the Bible everyday but they have to seem holier than everybody else so they'll say stuff like that so people will think highly of them.

I am currently trying to talk my mother in law out of buying a Pioneer Woman crockpot.

William! I love traditional family names. Did you tell your mom that Ree's cheap ass Chinese crap explodes?

• Love 2

I like the name William, Mamadani.  My grandfather, father and one brother were all named William.

One of these days, I hope that Ree's cooker is reviewed and rated by Consumer Reports so that everyone who uses it can see that it's junk with a big J.

When the first words out of Ree's mouth on the cookie show were "This cookie is mir-a-cu-lous," I knew Ree had arrived on the set.  She is just not very smart.  I doubt there's much between her ears but hay.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, grisgris said:

I come from a family of Williams, too. My paternal grandfather, my father, one of my brothers and my nephew.

But who do you think *you* are, Grisgris? ; )

18 hours ago, mamadani said:

Wiliam is a beautiful name  -- it means "strong willed protector" -- not bad for a one week old :)

Congrats again, MamaDani!

• Love 3

I wish that I could offer sweet little William my clean and scrubbed little finger.  I love when babies take their whole hands and wrap them 'round your little finger.  That's usually when I want to take them home with me.  Then, I come to my senses and remember that changing goopy diapers is a part of mothering.  You deserve a bouquet (of Sweet Williams?) for all of your hard work.

• Love 2

@film noire, I see what you did there. Too bad, it's not "William the Conquerer." LOL!

4 hours ago, Jaded said:

I want to request a forum for the Christmas Cookie Challenge but I'm having trouble coming up with thread titles. 

I love thinking these up but it's too early in the morning. If nobody else comes up with anything, I'll noodle on this during the day.

C'mon peeps, the title for the Judges thread is a throw-away!

How about ...

Small Talk: Recipe Swap

The Judges: Jackson and the Joker

The Contestants: Whose Cookie Crumbles Best?

That's a start to get us thinking!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, grisgris said:

@film noire, I see what you did there. Too bad, it's not "William the Conquerer." LOL!

I love thinking these up but it's too early in the morning. If nobody else comes up with anything, I'll noodle on this during the day.

How about ...

And then the murders began....

• Love 4
(edited)
40 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

And then the murders began....

LOL

GrisGris, you are brilliant at naming threads (includng this one - my fav of all time ;)

Ree's latest giveaway is for 250.00 gift cards (good only to buy Pioneer Xmas Woman merch). Her plates seem "off" to me somehow -- she's trying to copy old fashioned designs (which could be charming) but those older plates had depth (maybe b/c of how the design was embedded in the china). There's also age adding patina, but I've seen vintage looking "fresh" and they still have more depth - like the design goes all the way down, intead of "sitting" on top of the china.

plates.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

Those plates look like the ones from a Groupon I saw recently.  The Groupon is for a class where you drink wine & paint pottery at the same time.  Maybe Ree was drinking copious amounts of wine when she came up with her inspirations for this.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, grisgris said:

How about ...

Someone requested the show forum about 15 min ago. The thread titles are kinda meh (no offense to the person who requested it if they read this thread) but they got there ahead of me. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

I used to have to write a lot of headlines and advertising copy.

I am saving this show for weekend viewing (Chiefs have a bye week.) I can't wait for the week when Damiano is the guest judge!

Damiano: "That-a cookie is-a way-a a-a too-ah reech. What are you thinking ah adding ah too-ah much butter."

Ree: "Because she can."

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 1

Adding my 2 cents' worth to the Pasty Ree Club.  Good Lord, she was scary!  Short of applying white shoe polish to her face, she couldn't have gotten much whiter.  Ree must be sick.  One way or another, she seems to draw attention to herself in the most unusual ways.  I cannot imagine that her appearance was caused by a sightless makeup person or the lighting.  I think it was deliberate.  I think she hired a handyman who works on home repairs and had him apply stucco to fill in the cracks.  The amazing thing to me was that she was able to move her face into a slight smile without the whole mask shattering like one of her crockpots.  Whew!

And then the murderer was revealed.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

The only items I had to purchase for my Ree costume were the wig and the very lightest face powder I could find at Target. 

You looked great, HyeChaps ; )

On 11/9/2017 at 8:50 PM, chessiegal said:

I doubt it - I think we'd need a dining room at Versailles to fit us all in. 

LOL

• Love 2

What can one say about this morning's show?  That dessert was horrifying.  Way, Way too much marshmallow topping. A mountain.  And that was on top of chocolate, on top of store bought pumpkin pie.  And topped off with lollipops (?????).  Just plain weird, and tacky and unhealthy.  Even for Thanksgiving, it is just too much sugar, calories, and theater.  The lollipops would be ok on a pie at a children's birthday party.  The shortcuts aspect of the show is not too different from her regular shows.  I can tell she had a professional decorator do the Thanksgiving décor.  Too many pumpkins.  Too many fall garlands gracing the counters.  I think if a family is very busy/unable to do real cooking/ill/etc, using shortcuts is ok, no one's life is perfect.  But that pie blew us away!!  I think I saw on her facebook or website that she said she gave up eating grains, then gained 8 pounds.  Then she went back to eating them, and lost the 8 pounds.  I don't get how that is possible.  So she does diet, and probably does not eat the crap she puts in her books and website.  That is reserved for the unwashed masses.  Last week I saw 10 copies of her fall magazine at Walmart.  I went to Walmart (China-mart) after the show for something, and counted the same number of magazines, so none sold.  The magazine is just the same old, same old, boring woman's magazine with a few cowboy pictures thrown in.  A waste of time to read, and money to buy.  Her book was at China mart also, with it's own display in a center isle.   

• Love 5
On 11/9/2017 at 11:26 AM, Jaded said:

Someone requested the show forum about 15 min ago. The thread titles are kinda meh (no offense to the person who requested it if they read this thread) but they got there ahead of me. 

I requested the forum and I agree the titles were meh. I panicked and could not come up with anything. Please add your better $0.02!

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 5

I also noticed yet another different kitchen aide mixer.  I can't help but wonder if she keeps some of her "giveaways."  She has it seems a dozen kitchen aide mixers.  even a TV cook does not need so many.  And I have noticed that she has worn at least a few of the same/similar cowgirl boots that she "gives away."  I have seen one of the ugly green cake carriers in Edna Mae's house.  I wonder if she just doesn't make up some winners names, and keep a few things for herself.  She seems to be the type to do that. 

• Love 1

I remember once seeing Ree claim that she cries every time she hears "amazing grace" sung at church.  She is such a good Christian, I wonder if she supports Judge Roy Moore?  I bet most of her fans do,

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cathy said:

I also noticed yet another different kitchen aide mixer.  I can't help but wonder if she keeps some of her "giveaways."  She has it seems a dozen kitchen aide mixers.  even a TV cook does not need so many.  And I have noticed that she has worn at least a few of the same/similar cowgirl boots that she "gives away."  I have seen one of the ugly green cake carriers in Edna Mae's house.  I wonder if she just doesn't make up some winners names, and keep a few things for herself.  She seems to be the type to do that. 

If one is good enough for Ina, it's good enough for her.

• Love 2

Not that Ree is incapable of showing off all of her mixers, but there's just a chance that her contract with the artist stipulates that she use all designs on her show.  I can't believe that I would offer Ree an out about anything, but just sayin'.

If Ree's cakes would hold the weight, I think she'd strip down, spray her body gold, stick a sparkler between her cheeks, and lie down on top of the candles.  I'm sure she considers her body worthy of representing a piece of high art.

I read the same thing about Ree giving up wheat and gaining weight, etc., and I didn't believe a word of it.  Not unless she made up for the missing wheat by adding extra whipped cream to her desserts.  The sad thing about Ree Dummund is that she thinks her audience is as stupid as she is.

Love the name ChinaMart!  LOL

• Love 1

It's been a "glorious" experience reading through all these comments "heehee" <- (in cute little girl voice).

Sigh!

I need a therapist. I can't stand the show but I can't help to watch like a bad accident. And, as annoying as I find the show, there is something about it that I find somewhat endearing. I know----shoot me! :-)

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Nikki-OC said:

It's been a "glorious" experience reading through all these comments "heehee" <- (in cute little girl voice).

Sigh!

I need a therapist. I can't stand the show but I can't help to watch like a bad accident. And, as annoying as I find the show, there is something about it that I find somewhat endearing. I know----shoot me! :-)

I get what you’re saying.  Sometimes, I have a similar feeling when Donald Trump says or tweets something more stupid than usual.  For a brief moment I laugh, then I realize how serious it all is and weep inside.  At least with Ree, it’s just a stupid cooking show.  If she really truly enraged me, I wouldn’t tune in.

• Love 6

I guess I'm more the quiet type.  I don't talk a lot around the house or spend time voicing my opinions.  But I must have some hidden aggressions because when Ree is on TV, I talk all the way through the show.  I talk back to her.

• Love 3

I was re-watching the Cookie Challenge show while waiting for my dinner to finish cooking. When judging one of the baker's cookies Ree said something about how her kids brawl with each other over being the one to put whatever they do on top of their Xmas tree. I'm not sure if she mentioned that they put an angel up there or what. I was kinda flabbergasted that she said that about her kids because it sounded so idiotic and tone deaf.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lura said:

I don't talk a lot around the house or spend time voicing my opinions.  But I must have some hidden aggressions because when Ree is on TV, I talk all the way through the show.  I talk back to her.

Lura, I would watch a you tube show of you talking back to Ree.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

I was re-watching the Cookie Challenge show while waiting for my dinner to finish cooking. When judging one of the baker's cookies Ree said something about how her kids brawl with each other over being the one to put whatever they do on top of their Xmas tree. I'm not sure if she mentioned that they put an angel up there or what. I was kinda flabbergasted that she said that about her kids because it sounded so idiotic and tone deaf.

Oh right.  I finally saw the cookie challenged and heard her make that comment about her kids brawling.  Didn’t she also say something like, “And isn’t this what Christmas is all about?,” or something like that? I about died laughing that she’d say that on tv,  but then the show just moved on without comment.  I assume that one probably would have completely ended on the cutting room floor if it could have. 

I think Ree is naturally a very sarcastic person, far more sarcastic than the saccharine personality she projects on her show.  Honestly, as a selectively sarcastic individual, I wish she’d be herself more than being so fake and saccharine.  It would be more fun.  Lol.

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, anneofcleves said:

I get what you’re saying.  Sometimes, I have a similar feeling when Donald Trump says or tweets something more stupid than usual.  For a brief moment I laugh, then I realize how serious it all is and weep inside.  At least with Ree, it’s just a stupid cooking show.  If she really truly enraged me, I wouldn’t tune in.

You are my soulmate, Anne! ;-)  And you are correct...It's just a show and one way or another, I'm entertained. 

• Love 2

Wow, everyone look at "the daily mail online" the Daily mail website.  Ree has made the headlines.  She is the 23rd largest landowner in the U.S.  And the US government has paid her 23.9 million dollars in rent over the past decade.  Not bad for a simple ranch wife.

• Love 1

The comments section of the article on the daily mail are interesting.  They are mixed.  Some defend her, and say she is hard working.  Others say things like "a face made for radio" and "her voice is like nails on a chalkboard."  This article must have been written because of the "In touch" articles.  They did not go into depth about how Fred Drummond took advantage of the Osage Indians thereby becoming wealthy.  I wish some Osage Indians would comment here, what their thoughts are.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cathy said:

Wow, everyone look at "the daily mail online" the Daily mail website.  Ree has made the headlines.  She is the 23rd largest landowner in the U.S.  And the US government has paid her 23.9 million dollars in rent over the past decade.  Not bad for a simple ranch wife.

Ah, you beat me to it.  The Drummond ranch is 765 square miles....and those Mustangs they keep on the old homestead bring in at least a mil a year, sometimes 2 mil. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5079173/Pioneer-Woman-Ree-Drummond-revealed-largest-landowner.html

• Love 2

I have a new idea for Ree!  You've heard her say that the family vacations in Vail, Colorado ($$$$) every summer.  Well, how about if Ree takes a cooking class while she's there?  There must be cooking schools or good local chefs who would be happy to have her part with some of her money and teach her some new recipes and techniques.  THEN, when she got home and started a new season, she'd have all kinds of new dishes to show us!  Don't you think that would be a great change for the viewers and especially for the poor cowboys who have to eat pulled pork every other day?  Maybe we'd actually have a whole season of non-Mexican, non-Chinese, and non-church cookbook dishes to try!

• Love 5

I read probably all of the comments on that article.  One man mentioned a book called "Killers of the flower moon."  About how many Osage Indians were murdered for their "headrights" which were the mineral rights to the oil that was on the Osage land, and that every Osage Indian was given as a member of the tribe.  Interesting.  A lot of nasty greed in the heartland.  The book will be made into a movie sometime into the future. I can't help but wonder what those Indians think of the Drummonds, especially Ree.

• Love 3