Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

Next is Trisha' Yearwood's show.  The beginning shows part of the outside of her house.  It does not seem grand enough for she and Garth, they are hugely rich.  

It's not really the mansion you would expect but when they show the house from overhead, it does appear to be much larger than the entryway would suggest.

Grisgris, you look good, and with that nice, big smile I'd never guess you were sick with a cold.  I love your costume!  Tres chic!

I get the impression that Trisha and Garth have a considerable amount of land out in back, which he enjoys farming.  On one show, she prepared him lunch and took it out in the fields for him.  Neither one of them strikes me as being very pretentious people

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Fairfax said:

Are the other guests all dressed as their mothers?  The sweatshirt girls look comfy -- I might be willing to go to parties if I could dress that way (& if they were held at breakfast time instead of after dark)

The women in that photo weren't dressed as their mothers. The couple in the hoodies were supposed to be "thugs." 

• Love 1

I wonder whether one of Ree's new shows will deal with her boarding house.  We haven't had a tour of it yet.  With all the people coming from near and far to see the Merc and the ranch, I imagine she'll do good business at the "house."  Then, maybe the kids will be transferred to the house from the Merc to learn how to tuck in sheets with French corners.

• Love 2

@Lura looks like my mother in law could soon be making a trip to see Ree's merc! She was talking about all of us going the other day. If it ever happens I'll be sure to let you all know.

I am currently watching The Food Network from a hospital bed waiting on my first son to decide to join us in this world! They say I'll have a Halloween baby!

• Love 10

How exciting for you, mamadani. No little ghoul in pink for you this time, but a boy should be fun.  While you do the hard part, maybe we'll give your little pumpkin a Halloween name.  Best of luck to you.

How about Hal Owen?  Yeah, pretty bad.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, mamadani said:

@Lura looks like my mother in law could soon be making a trip to see Ree's merc! She was talking about all of us going the other day. If it ever happens I'll be sure to let you all know.

I am currently watching The Food Network from a hospital bed waiting on my first son to decide to join us in this world! They say I'll have a Halloween baby!

How exciting, MamaDani!  We need to get busy cooking up some of Ree’s favorites to celebrate and bring to you as the busy new mom.  I will bring the 20 pound, bacon-covered meatloaf.  It’s never too early to get that little guy appreciating red meat in mass quantities.  :-)  Anyone else have something to contribute?

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, anneofcleves said:

How exciting, MamaDani!  We need to get busy cooking up some of Ree’s favorites to celebrate and bring to you as the busy new mom.  I will bring the 20 pound, bacon-covered meatloaf.  It’s never too early to get that little guy appreciating red meat in mass quantities.  :-)  Anyone else have something to contribute?

Who wouldn't want a big ole pot of her 7 Can Soup? I'll make a triple batch to make it a 21 Can Soup! Yum ...

• Love 4

Oh, Westiepeach, you stole my idea!  I think we should have a big ol' catfight to decide who gets to make that clever soup!  Uh, scratch that -- bad idea.

I have no choice but to make the little sweetheart a double batch of 3/4 pound hamburgers with all the fixins'.  They should keep the little mister and his mama well fed for at least a couple of days.  In case those burgers leave 'em thirsty, I'll throw in a few gallons of cherry lemonade, a nice change from formula or Mama's milk.

• Love 4

Congratulations Mamadani!!  Also, there is another hit piece in the current "In touch" magazine about how Ree's mom left her dad for the town pastor.  The issue has fixer upper's Joanna and Chip on the cover.  The article title is if I recall "Ree's mom married the family Pastor"!  It said that as her marriage was breaking up, Gerre (the mom) was being counseled by Doug, the Pastor.  They both eventually left their spouses.  The article says it was the biggest scandal the town has ever seen.  They also quote a local insider who claims that he's seen letters Gerre wrote to Doug and that he was a little embarrassed by them.  One said "I saw you, and you saw me, and I was shaking so hard."  Now that is Harlequin romance novel stuff.  It should in the movie Ree wants to make about that night in the smokey bar.  Ree's dad initially contested the divorce, but eventually gave in.

• Love 4

Cathy, what a juicy little tidbit!  So, what happened?  Did Gerre and Doug marry?  That sentence written by Gerre sounds a little bit like Ree when she's waxing poetic.  Now, we have Ree baking pumpkin rolls for this pastor!  I highly doubt it's the same thing, though.  That episode must have been hard on Ree and her siblings, going through a scandal like that in a small town.

Yes, Gerre and Doug did marry in 1999, then they moved to Signal Mountain Tennessee.  The article said that both William and Gerre are remarried and that both couples see each other twice a year.  There is a picture of Gerre and Doug in the article.  They both look really old now.  Wonder if he was hot when he was younger, must have been to make her shake hard. Still hard to imagine 2 members of an Oklahoma Episcopal church having an affair.  It must be an emotional kick in the face for Ree's dad to read that in a national magazine that is sold everywhere and in your local small town stores, that your wife was trembling for another man

LOL, grisgris!  I'm thinkin' mebbe all-a them Drummond fillies are in danger of hiney tingling judging from the way things are playin' out.  So that's why Gerre was all-a grinnin' the whole time she visited Ree.  She's a gol-durned blushin' bride again.

Seriously, now it's making more sense why Ree is so loving to her dad and also to Patsy.  All along, I thought that he was probably the one with the wandering eye.  Now that I know otherwise, I can see why Ree might try so hard to show her affection for both of them. 

• Love 3

No, LiveenLetLive.  Ree's mother lives in TN now and isn't around to be on the show often.  You may have missed a recent episode in which Ree's mother and sister visit Ree on the ranch.  Ree's mother is in the entire episode

(edited)
On 10/30/2017 at 2:04 PM, peacheslatour said:

Fantastic grisgris! You knocked out of the park.

You  looked fab, @grisgris -- the horizontal stripe + newsboy cap + fur totally sold it (and your pretty face, too ; )

LOL @HyeChaps - bravo!  Wig + facial expression + floral shirt -  so good.

Of course Ree's line of crock pots are exploding -- just like her, they're full of hot air (Thank yew! Please tip the waitress on your way out!)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

I almost told grisgris how pretty I thought she was, but I thought it sounded fawning!  Grisgris, I would almost kill to have high cheekbones like you do!  And yes, you ARE pretty! 

That exploding crockpot is the best picture I've seen all week!  LOLOLOLOL

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2

Thank you for the compliments. Wow! I usually don't photograph very well at all.  Had I gotten the memo about the party theme, I would have been in good shape as I look exactly like my late mother, only I got my dad's coloring.

I gotta go next year as Ree! I don't care if people don't "get it." (Maybe by next Halloween I can "educate" my friends.) LOL!

• Love 3

I hope the owner of the exploding crock pot gets her money back.  Maybe a complaint with the better business bureau?  Or some safety organization.  It is really not safe, could have sent glass into someone's eye.  Cheap Chinese crap.  It is cheaper to make, but they won't lower the retail price.  More money for them.  I saw the new show this morning.  Ladd's dad Chuck looks like a cross between Alfred E. Newman and Yoda.  Ree never uses a measuring cup, not good.  I see they have Trayvon the token black kid on to drum up sales with the African Americans.  I wonder how much they paid his mom to rent him for the show.  Chuck's new outdoor kitchen is nice.  My wealthy sister had one put in a few years ago at a cost of $50,000.

I guess I am late to discussion but did one of Ree's branded crockpots explode?  I Googled it but nothing came up.

I caught a second of an old episode this morning when I turned on my TV (and quickly changed the channel.) Ree was blathering on about how making one of her f-ing meal kits "shows somebody you love them."

I thought ... "NO!" If you are going to go to the trouble to assemble all of the ingredients to put together a meal kit, then why not just go ahead and prepare the dish and give the recipient the final product? If I was sick, busy, etc., and somebody came over toting a sheet pan filled with numerous containers of stuff that I had to prepare myself, I'm not sure what my reaction would be. Not to mention all of the stuff you'd have to wash and dry and return to the owner. Ugh. No thanks. Bring me a pizza (preferably not one made by Ree) and I'll be eternally grateful!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, cathy said:

I hope the owner of the exploding crock pot gets her money back.  Maybe a complaint with the better business bureau?  Or some safety organization.  It is really not safe, could have sent glass into someone's eye.  Cheap Chinese crap.  It is cheaper to make, but they won't lower the retail price.  More money for them.  I saw the new show this morning.  Ladd's dad Chuck looks like a cross between Alfred E. Newman and Yoda.  Ree never uses a measuring cup, not good.  I see they have Trayvon the token black kid on to drum up sales with the African Americans.  I wonder how much they paid his mom to rent him for the show.  Chuck's new outdoor kitchen is nice.  My wealthy sister had one put in a few years ago at a cost of $50,000.

The BBB can't/won't do shit. They need to get an attorney.

• Love 2

Hi all, just giving an update and thanking you for the congrats and the laughs about Ree (I needed them the past couple of days).

My little boy was born at 10:22pm on Halloween, he was 6lbs and 6.5 ounces. He was born with his cord wrapped around his neck though and when I delivered him it tore causing him to lose blood. He was transferred to the neo natal intensive care unit at a wonderful hospital close by. I got discharged the next day and went to be with him. We just got home yesterday, but he is doing well now and I am so happy to have him home.

also he's already been introduced to Ree! Lol

• Love 15

Congratulations, mamadani, on the birth of your beautiful little boy.  I’m so glad he’s ok and you’re ok (scary stuff) and now you can get down to the business of planning that little cowboy’s first birthday party.  (Remember, no vegetables.  Men hate vegetables.)  OMG, Halloween birthdays are the best!  

• Love 3

Congratulations, mamadani! That's great news and I'm so happy and relieved you both are OK. Do you have a name?

BTW, there is a viral story going around about a baby boy born on Halloween (in Florida, maybe?) his actual legal last name is Frankenstein!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mamadani said:

Hi all, just giving an update and thanking you for the congrats and the laughs about Ree (I needed them the past couple of days).

My little boy was born at 10:22pm on Halloween, he was 6lbs and 6.5 ounces. He was born with his cord wrapped around his neck though and when I delivered him it tore causing him to lose blood. He was transferred to the neo natal intensive care unit at a wonderful hospital close by. I got discharged the next day and went to be with him. We just got home yesterday, but he is doing well now and I am so happy to have him home.

also he's already been introduced to Ree! Lol

Congratulations mamadani! Nothing is more fun than a little boy. My son is 31 and I love him more than my life but sometimes I truly miss my little boy.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Congratulations mamadani! Nothing is more fun than a little boy. My son is 31 and I love him more than my life but sometimes I truly miss my little boy.

I feel the same way.  You blink and they’re all grown up.  :-)

• Love 2

Wow.  Now she is on the cover of CLOSER magazine, with an article about how her whole life revolves around her family, traditional values, and the bible.  She reads the psalms every morning or she will go nuts.  If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.  The article mentions internet critics and that Sue Gordon woman.  I don't know who Sue Gordon is (food blogger?).  Closer magazine is a celebrity magazine I think aimed at the senior citizen crowd.  Unsophististicated  people who believe everything they read.  Ree has crow's feet around her eyes.  Where is the plastic surgeon when you need him?  She needs fillers and/or a facelift.  MEOW!!!

• Love 1

Is that the issue of CLOSER with Stevie Nicks further down on the cover? (I am a sucker for anything about SN.) I picked up a copy at Price Chopper and spend 25 seconds reading the recycled piece about SN but didn't notice anything about Ree. Must have been an old edition I was looking at. So that makes what, four tabloids that have featured Ree in the past month? Her publicist must be working overtime.

My question is why now?

P.S.: A quick Google search for Sue Gordon (food blogger) brought up this:

http://foodnetworkmusings.blogspot.com/p/contact.html

I had to drill down a bit and click on a few links to at least confirm the author of this blog's name is Sue. She is keeping her identity pretty well hidden. Wonder why?

Now the dormant investigator in me wants to find out more about this Sue Gordon and why she has such a hard-on for Ree. (Not that it takes much ... )

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 3
(edited)

Congrats to @mamadani! Well done you!

GrisGris, if you love (as all sane people should) Stevie, maybe that's your costume next year ; )

stevie.jpg

Okay, Pioneer peeps -- who you coming as, next Halloween?

Me, I'm thinking Annie Lennox:

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, grisgris said:

Is that the issue of CLOSER with Stevie Nicks further down on the cover? (I am a sucker for anything about SN.) I picked up a copy at Price Chopper and spend 25 seconds reading the recycled piece about SN but didn't notice anything about Ree. Must have been an old edition I was looking at. So that makes what, four tabloids that have featured Ree in the past month? Her publicist must be working overtime.

My question is why now?

P.S.: A quick Google search for Sue Gordon (food blogger) brought up this:

http://foodnetworkmusings.blogspot.com/p/contact.html

I had to drill down a bit and click on a few links to at least confirm the author of this blog's name is Sue. She is keeping her identity pretty well hidden. Wonder why?

Now the dormant investigator in me wants to find out more about this Sue Gordon and why she has such a hard-on for Ree. (Not that it takes much ... )

Interesting. Thanks for the detective work.  I had never heard of Sue Gordon and am more familiar with sites like Pioneer Woman Sux, which in all honesty I’ve not followed because it’s just too much.  When I look at the Sue Gordon blog and scan a few of the posts about Ree, it reads more like commentary on the cooking..  Maybe there is more buried on the site, or other sites, but it doesn’t seem like anything too weird.  Unless Ree is like Donald Trump and can’t stomach criticism of any kind.  Sue seems to like Ina.

• Love 2

Ha! Ha! @film noire, I actually had a costume like that back in the early 80s. I used to sew a lot when I was a young adult and somehow I got cornered into making that black Rhiannon/"Rumors" cover outfit for a few friends and then I made one for myself. It was hard as hell to make because I had to improvise off of a vest pattern and also, we used jersey and sheer fabric for the sleeves which were slippery as hell. Then for mine, I made it lace-up, so adding grommets was a lot of fun (NOT!) The KC area Renaissance Festival is held right outside the town where I grew up and I would work out there as an "extra" during college, so the costume was perfect as sort of a wood nymph/friendly witch. LOL!

So, my hat's off to Margie Kent! (She's the seamstress/designer who has made all of Stevie's on-stage costumes since the early FM days.)

Actually, if I go to the same party next Halloween, the attendees would be more likely to recognize Annie Lennox (who I LOVE!) as opposed to Stevie. OTOH, if Edie Sedgwick fell flat, that might be a huge risk. I am banking on next year's costume theme being go as your father or grandmother?

Edited to add: I didn't mean to sound like I was being critical/snobbish towards people who were unfamiliar with Edie Sedgwick as she's not exactly a household name. Just at the party I was at, several of the people were artists, very familiar with Andy Warhol, etc., so I thought they'd "get it." Apparently not!

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 4

I had to go back to the store, so I checked out the closer magazine again.  I did not buy it, $4.99 is too much to pay for a "propaganda sheet."  Also, I noticed that both In Touch magazine, and Closer magazine are published by the same company, Bauer magazine LTD.  I wonder why the In Touch articles were critical and gossipy, and the Closer one seems to have been written by Ree's publicist.  Maybe they paid for a fawning article.  It makes her look like Mother Teresa, Rebecca of Sunnybrook farm, and mother of the year all rolled into one.  It plays up the traditional values stuff.  Going to church , I read the psalms every morning (cough cough cough) I spend a lot of time with my kids, they are my priority.  What the article does not mention is that she has a full time housekeeper, two full time tutors, a professional cleaning crew (a tax deduction, so that is paid for by you and I and her slobbering fans who pay most of the taxes in this country).  Also a webmaster, a manager for her product line, a publicist, an assistant, a girl who runs the giveaways (another tax write off paid for by the tax payers).  The article mentions internet critics, and just says that we are critical because she is rich but has a down home persona.  No, we are critical because she is a liar. 

Gris Gris, your costume was good, as was the lady in Long Island. 

• Love 1

Closer magazine has many articles about stars from the olden days.  So it is aimed at the over 70 crowd.  I guess that is her main demographic.  People of that age group like traditional old fashioned stuff.     That must be why they pandered to Ree, the old folks like it along with a regular dose of Clark Gable.  I always thought that her demographic was toothless hill-billy third grade drop out kkk member.  And I wondered why she never made a dish out of possum, squirrel, chipmonk, roadkill, (it's just fine as long as the eyes are still clear!!) etc, as her people are the hunt'en, fish'en coon trapp'in down home folk, just like her.  I bet Ladd and Cowboy Josh are out right now driving along the roads of Pawhuska looking for a dead deer on the side of the road.  One other thing I have noticed about the people in pictures at the merc, and at book signings, is that almost everyone is obese.  From making her recipies, of course.

• Love 1

Mamadani, I am so happy for you!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  To go through delivery and then have something unexpected happen must be agony.  I'm so glad your baby received excellent care and your little pumpkin is back in the patch again!  What an exciting birthday he'll have every year!  What name did you give him?

I loved seeing some of Ree's crackpots.  One of them I actually thought was pretty, but I already have a great slow cooker and wouldn't buy Ree's if it were the only one on the market.

I think that Ree probably does read the Bible every morning.  Isn't that the thing to do in the Bible Belt?  It probably helps keep her image with Ladd pure, just the way he likes his wimmin.

Grisgris, what's all this talk about other costumes next Halloween?  I thought you'd settled on Ree, which delights me to no end!  You would be so perfect with your long, red wig and one of her Mexican-style tops!

• Love 3