Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Kimmy Meets a Drunk Lady!

This episode might have been my favorite so far this season, maybe tied with "Kimmy Goes on a Playdate!" So many good little jokes. Tina's cameo didn't hurt. I guess she's gonna play a different character every season?

"What's his name? Titties?"

"Girls are funny. Take that, original Ghostbusters."

I loved all of the fake songs/artists, and Titus's quest for a cassette tower. Lmao at him digging through the land dump to travel through time.

Even though I know the ending was supposed to be funny because of "I'm Convinced I Can Swim" by Art Smelly, I thought it was wonderfully sweet. It was the first time I really felt something for the Kimmy/Titus friendship.

• Love 5

I loved all the NOW that sounds like music songs. I was able to recognize all but one. What was "I'm freaking out" by The Error Car Men supposed to be a ripoff of? 

And though I do find him funny, I admit I was also a little pleased that Kimmy beat up Billy Eichner, 

• Love 2

Hands down my favorite episode of the season (so far). That's largely due to my love of Tina Fey, but I also like that we're getting to see some personal growth from Kimmy. She's needed to deal with all the stuff from the bunker for a while. I also like that Andrea encouraged Kimmy to stand up to Titus, because that needed to happen. 

I loved that Titus worked so hard on the tape tower. 

I would play the hell out of that Now parody tape. I want all of those songs. They were just fantastic.

• Love 8

When Kimmy and Titus are arguing about the Barbies in the shower, Titus says, "There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."  I recognized this immediately as the exact quote that Taylor Swift used against Tina Fey and Amy Poehler back when they were feuding over an Emmy joke in 2013. BRILLIANT. And well-played, Tina. 

• Love 22

When Kimmy and Titus are arguing about the Barbies in the shower, Titus says, "There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."  I recognized this immediately as the exact quote that Taylor Swift used against Tina Fey and Amy Poehler back when they were feuding over an Emmy joke in 2013. BRILLIANT. And well-played, Tina. 

Tina and Amy have been throwing that dumb quote back in Taylor's face for years. It's been wonderful.

• Love 3

Thank God they finally addressed the burps. She's done it in every episode so far, so I like the continuity/callback/foreshadowing of it.

As someone mildly obsessed with "The Jinx" when it aired, I liked how we got a couple of clues to the burping - when Lillian's old flame "Bobby" Durst shows up, he repeats the mutters of the actual Durst in the first episode when he was all, "And the burping - what a disaster." Then Andrea correctly identified Kimmy's burping as "Dursting" - that she was sitting on some awful, secret emotional turmoil and that was her body's way of dealing with it.

• Love 2

This is a much better Tina Fey role than that crappy Marcia Cross last season. Drunk! Mess! Love!

And I'm glad Kimmy finally stood up for herself with Titus and that Titus responded better than I expected. And that the disgusting burps were explained.

• Love 3

I do agree this was a better role for Tina fey..and showed her range going from subtle to over the top. that said, I do find it funny she's doing so send up on a line Taylor Swift said eons ago. I figure it must have hit a nerve if she's using it a long time after the fact. And let's face it, there is a little truth to it...though I'll say that she is talented...but I kind of agree with Taylor Swift a little :)

I like that were getting more and more into the after effects of Kimmy entrapment. She stood up to Jacqueline before and it was about time she did so with Titus.

• Love 3

I recognized this immediately as the exact quote that Taylor Swift used against Tina Fey and Amy Poehler back when they were feuding over an Emmy joke in 2013.

I'm going to be the annoying person that says it was the Golden Globes.  That said, it was a great jab.  I always thought Taylor was a bit too sensitive over it considering Tinamy (why have we not made a hybrid of their names yet?) went after a lot more people that night and far worse. 

• Love 8

I have too many unread emails.
My child's not learning enough Mandarin.
Why is it cold in November?
= The therapist's normal patient's complaints, LOL

List of songs used in this episode below.  I really really like the soundtrack this season.  I really like that song "Sister Christian" but I thought it was called "Motoring".

http://www.tunefind.com/show/unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt/season-2/28873

Taylor Swift has never been good at taking criticism.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I am Canadian after all.

May I please point out that Taylor created an entire song dissing another woman?  ("Bad Blood"?)  So I just find her response very rich.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

As mentioned above, one of the songs they changed on the tape was "All By Myself" by Eric Carmen. I really loved that, later in the episode, Titus said he found the tape holder "All by myself"!

Also love how Arrested Development-y Tina's shows can be.

• Love 1

Kimmy attacking Billy Eichner made me laugh more then it should have.  A lot it was because he was asking the Cate Blanchett question that Titus had just asked last episode.  The callbacks and inside jokes are perfect.

I thought Tina Fey's appearance worked better here, compared to her Marcia Clark from last season (made even more dated and weak by Sarah Paulson's on The People vs. OJ Simpson.)  I loved that therapist basically had two different personalities for the day and evening, and how the evening one ends up bribing day one to help Kimmy.  I'm glad that it is being addressed, and hope Kimmy gets some help.

Loved the "NOW, that sounds like music songs" gag.

Totally noticed the Taylor Swift jab.  Part of me thinks maybe they should just move past it, but then another part of me still can't believe that Taylor got so offended by what Tina and Amy Poehler joked about, when you consider they were much, much worse on others, and the other victims managed to take it in spirit, and not basically say they are going to hell.  Then again, I think that was the same Globe ceremony where Taylor was shooting daggers at Adele over her being beaten for Best Song.  Shake it off, Taylor!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4

One of the best episode openings. "What is this nunsense you're singing?"

I didn't think Tina Fey would play another character. I am liking this whole Jekyll and Hyde thing though.

I didn't love the "there's a special place in hell..." line. UKS should not be the place Tina airs out her Taylor Swift grievances.

LOL. Billy on the Street cameo was amazing. 

Titus time traveling in the junkyard was brilliant.

I didn't like all the legal pop songs as much as the forgotten musicals but I enjoyed how committed they were to the bit.

• Love 1

I think this episode is the funniest of the series so far. The song parodies were making me laugh to the point of tears. For some reason the one that made me laugh the most was the "Life is a Highway" parody. Someone has got to make that song collection a reality. I think I still have room on my cassette tape rack for it.

• Love 2