Type keyword(s) to search

The Star Wars Saga

Joe
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Anduin said:

FFS. I don't like Waititi's stuff. Feige has a mixed track record, but there's a lot of good in there. And Jenkins' movie sounded interesting. To me, this is completely the wrong move. I also want to see more of Rian Johnson.

I was looking forward to Rogue Squadron.

• Like 1

Plan Ahead with the Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 Panel Schedule
StarWars.com Team    March 7, 2023
https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-panel-schedule 

Friday, April 7

Lucasfilm’s Studio Showcase

11:00AM - 12:30PM, Live on the Celebration Stage; streamed to the Galaxy and Twin Suns Stages

Star Wars Celebration returns, launching with a must-see showcase that will kick the weekend's festivities into hyperdrive. Lucasfilm’s current crop of live-action filmmakers will be joined by special guests to discuss the many current and upcoming Star Wars adventures, including The Mandalorian, Andor, and more!
The Making of Andor  Season One

3:00PM - 4:00PM, Live on the Celebration Stage; streamed to the Galaxy and Twin Suns Stages

Executive producers Tony Gilroy and Diego Luna and their team of creatives recount the making of the epic first season of Star Wars: Andor.
Saturday, April 8

Ahsoka

11:00AM - 12:00PM, Live on the Celebration Stage; streamed to the Galaxy and Twin Suns Stages

Join executive producers Dave Filoni, Jon Favreau, and special guests for a look at the upcoming Disney+ series, Ahsoka.
40 Years of Return of the Jedi

2:00PM - 3:00PM, Live on the Celebration Stage

Forty years ago, Return of the Jedi was the highly-anticipated sequel that Star Wars fans had been waiting years to see, and the last Star Wars theatrical adventure to be released for the foreseeable future. Counted as a favorite episode by many, Return of the Jedi’s story, characters, settings, and score still resonate with fans today, and its 40th anniversary offers the perfect opportunity to celebrate this time-honored classic. Join special guest host Ming-Na Wen as she chats with Star Wars legends of the past, present, and future about the influence of this beloved chapter in the galaxy far, far away.
Hasbro Star Wars & Indiana Jones Panel

4:00PM - 5:00PM, Live on the Twin Suns Stage

Join Hasbro's Marketing & Design team members as they discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars and Indiana Jones lines, including the Black Series, The Vintage Collection, Adventure Series, and the Retro Collection. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure and premium roleplay offerings from throughout the sagas. Word is there may also be a few surprises.
Clone Wars - 15 Year Anniversary Panel

5:30PM - 6:30PM, Live on the Galaxy Stage; streamed to the Twin Suns Stage

Join Dave Filoni, Athena Portillo, Matthew Wood, Dee Bradley Baker, Ashley Eckstein, Matt Lanter, and James Arnold Taylor for a look back at the beginning of Lucasfilm Animation and how Star Wars: The Clone Wars came to be.
Sunday, April 9

Villains of the Sequel Trilogy

11:00AM - 12:00PM, Live on the Celebration Stage; streamed to the Galaxy Stage

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many panels some consider to be...can't-miss! Join host Amy Ratcliffe as she sits down with Ian McDiarmid (Emperor Palpatine), Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke), and Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) as they discuss their villainous roles in the final chapters of the Skywalker Saga.
Behind the Magic: The Visual Effects of Andor

12:00PM - 1:00PM, Live on the Twin Suns Stage

Join host Amy Ratcliffe, Industrial Light & Magic, and members of the creature effects and special effects teams for a deep dive into the special and visual effects that brought a burgeoning rebellion to life in Star Wars: Andor.
A Look Back at Obi-Wan Kenobi

1:30PM - 2:30PM, Live on the Celebration Stage

Take a look back at the hit limited series with Obi-Wan Kenobi cast members Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Indira Varma and Vivien Lyra Blair, and executive producer/director Deborah Chow.
Monday, April 10
Doug Chiang: Designing Obi-Wan Kenobi and The Mandalorian

2:30PM - 3:30PM, Live on the Galaxy Stage

Doug Chiang, Obi-Wan Kenobi and The Mandalorian production designer and Lucasfilm’s vice president and executive creative director,  will present an in-depth talk about designing the characters, spaceships, and worlds for Obi-Wan Kenobi and The Mandalorian Season 3. He will share the challenges they faced in revisiting iconic Star Wars characters like Obi-Wan and Darth Vader. Attendees will also have the chance to ask Doug their own questions.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Disney Being “Very Careful” With ‘Star Wars’ Movie Development, CEO Bob Iger Says; Marvel Brand Not “Inherently Off,” But “Do You Need A Third Or Fourth” Sequel For Every Character?
By Dade Hayes   March 9, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/03/disney-star-wars-marvel-ceo-bob-iger-1235283774/ 

Disney CEO Bob Iger says the company still is being “very careful” with developing Star Wars feature films in the wake of Solo‘s soft box office, while Marvel is also getting a rethink in terms of how many sequels characters get.
As far as Star Wars, Iger said “disappointing” box office returns in 2018 for Solo, one of two stand-alone films integrated among three “saga” installments, “gave us pause” in terms of the feature pipeline. Executives determined that “maybe the cadence was a little too aggressive,” he added. Disney is “still developing Star Wars films,” Iger continued, but “we’re going to make sure when we make one, it’s the right one. So we’re being very careful there.”

Episodic series based on Star Wars mythology, including The Mandalorian, Andor and several others, have been “extremely successful,” the CEO noted.

The main Disney brand, Iger said, remains “very strong, certainly the most powerful brand in family entertainment” 100 years after it was created. The forthcoming live-action version of The Little Mermaid, he said, attests to the potency of Disney. “I think when you see that, it will remind you just how strong the brand is,” he said.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Daisy Ridley is coming back as Rey in a new movie! Yes!

Okay, there's still time for things to go wrong. But I choose to be optimistic and enthusiastic!

I just saw the announcement, and so many Star Wars projects have been canceled, that my feeling is: I'll believe it when I see it. Still, I think this is the first time one of the projects has had an actor attached, so maybe it might actually come to fruition this time!

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I just saw the announcement, and so many Star Wars projects have been canceled, that my feeling is: I'll believe it when I see it. Still, I think this is the first time one of the projects has had an actor attached, so maybe it might actually come to fruition this time!

Be positive! You can do it! Given the trolls are already on the loose, more positivity is always welcome.

(edited)

SWCE 2023: Three New Star Wars Movies Announced
StarWars.com Team    April 7, 2023
https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-new-star-wars-films 

Today during Lucasfilm's Studio Showcase at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced that three new live-action Star Wars films are on the way. Helming the movies are James Mangold (Logan, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny), Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Ahsoka), and Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face).

James Mangold’s movie will go back to the dawn of the Jedi, while Dave Filoni’s will focus on the New Republic, and close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other Disney+ series. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy’s film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron Could Still Happen, Says Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy
BY RYAN DINSDALE  APR 7, 2023
https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-rogue-squadron-could-still-happen-says-lucasfilm-president-kathleen-kennedy 

Speaking to IGN at Star Wars Celebration, Kennedy gave fans disappointed by the film's supposed cancellation a little hope.

"Rogue Squadron, that definitely is something that we still talk about," she said, though alluded that it may not return in the same way. "Whether it's a movie, or whether it ends up being in the series space, that's definitely something."

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Be positive! You can do it! Given the trolls are already on the loose, more positivity is always welcome.

I feel a disturbance in the Force.  It's the oncoming storm of fans who are recording their outrage over bringing Rey back and ruining the ruined remnants of what Lucas built.

• LOL 1
20 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

I feel a disturbance in the Force.  It's the oncoming storm of fans who are recording their outrage over bringing Rey back and ruining the ruined remnants of what Lucas built.

Rey just needs to wait 15 years, and a few animated series to flesh out her character, maybe she'll one day receive Hayden Christensen's hero's welcome back to the franchise. 

• Like 2

Aaaand the Reylo fans already swarming Twitter demanding Bitch Boy back too, even  in a flashback. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

If there was any justice, Finn would be back and got the story he deserved, but I wouldn’t blame John Boyega one bit if he wanted nothing to do with any of it.

• Like 6
(edited)

All the biggest reveals from Star Wars Celebration 2023 (so far)
By Emlyn Travis   April 07, 2023 
https://ew.com/movies/star-wars-celebration-2023-big-reveals/ 

Here are all of the announcements that were revealed so far at Star Wars Celebration 2023.

Rey is back!
Dave Filoni and James Mangold will direct new Star Wars films
Ahsoka
The Mandalorian
The Acolyte
Andor
Skeleton Crew
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Ignore them. Be strong, be positive. Dwelling on negativity never helped anyone.

On 4/7/2023 at 12:49 PM, tv echo said:

All the biggest reveals from Star Wars Celebration 2023 (so far)
By Emlyn Travis   April 07, 2023 
https://ew.com/movies/star-wars-celebration-2023-big-reveals/ 

Rey is back!
Dave Filoni and James Mangold will direct new Star Wars films
Ahsoka
The Mandalorian
The Acolyte
Andor
Skeleton Crew
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

If Dave Filoni is on board the movies might actually be really good.

Apropos of nothing, I'd like Star Wars movies to get some different female leads in. We've had too many brunettes. Unless you count Ahsoka in TCW or Cindel Towani in the Ewok movies, they've all had one look. I remember the speculation that Rey was Luke and Jyn's daughter. Sure it didn't pan out, but it was plausible at the time. Assuming we get white women, l could really go a blonde or redhead. Or even better, a WOC in the lead.

Yeah, the shows have gone a way to expanding lead actresses, but I'm talking specifically movies.

• Like 1
On 4/9/2023 at 8:35 AM, Anduin said:

I remember the speculation that Rey was Luke and Jyn's daughter. Sure it didn't pan out, but it was plausible at the time.

Jyn died before Luke ever left Tatooine. Unless the speculation was that she visited Tatooine a couple years ago on Space Spring Break then forgot she had a kid, I don't see that theory as ever being plausible.

1 hour ago, ICantDoThatDave said:

Jyn died before Luke ever left Tatooine. Unless the speculation was that she visited Tatooine a couple years ago on Space Spring Break then forgot she had a kid, I don't see that theory as ever being plausible.

This was before R1 came out, when we didn't know she was going to die.

3 hours ago, Anduin said:

This was before R1 came out, when we didn't know she was going to die.

I remember that. I lot of people believed that Jyn was going to end up being Mara Jade. It really did seem plausible at the time. I also remember some people being certain that Rey was going to be Han and Leia’s daughter. Them favoring actresses with the same coloring and general build really did feed those rumors. 

7 minutes ago, Dani said:

I remember that. I lot of people believed that Jyn was going to end up being Mara Jade. It really did seem plausible at the time. I also remember some people being certain that Rey was going to be Han and Leia’s daughter. Them favoring actresses with the same coloring and general build really did feed those rumors. 

Yep. Diversity is the spice of life!

On 4/9/2023 at 3:51 AM, andromeda331 said:

If Dave Filoni is on board the movies might actually be really good.

I don't know, Filoni was an executive producer on The Book of Boba Fett and I didn't think that was very good. I think the only guarantee with him is that any movie he creates will probably directly reference something he created before.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I don't know, Filoni was an executive producer on The Book of Boba Fett and I didn't think that was very good. I think the only guarantee with him is that any movie he creates will probably directly reference something he created before.

True. I didn't like that one either. But he has created a lot of really good shows. I loved most of the ones he's done.

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I may be wrong but I think Book of Boba Fett was Favreau’s baby and that he is given a lot of leeway on his projects while Filoni was focused on Bad Batch, Ahsoka, Skelton Crew and Tales of the Jedi. Just like Favreau is an executive producer on Ahsoka but it is definitely a Filoni project. 

16 hours ago, Dani said:

I liked that theory. I thought Rey would end up being Han and Leia's daughter too. That they hide her after Ben slaughtered Luke's Jedi Academy. The idea of them hiding one of their kids to save her and to go against Ren later was a really good idea.  I guess I just really wanted some stuff from Legends like Mara Jade and Han and Leia's daughter Jaina to be part of the new version. I really liked both.  

• Like 3
(edited)

Billie Lourd and Mark Hamill honor 'our princess' Carrie Fisher at Walk of Fame ceremony
By Devan Coggan    May 04, 2023
https://ew.com/movies/billie-lourd-mark-hamill-honor-carrie-fisher-hollywood-walk-of-fame-star/ 

On May the Fourth — a.k.a. Star Wars Day — Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd, and beloved costar Mark Hamill paid tribute to the late actress and writer, helping to unveil her long-awaited star. Surrounded by lightsaber-carrying fans, the two honored Fisher, who died in 2016 at the age of 60.

Hamill, Fisher's onscreen twin brother, kicked off the ceremony, sharing memories of their first meeting in the early days of filming Star Wars. He was a "worldly 24," he explained, and expected to have nothing in common with the 19-year-old FIsher. Sitting down to dinner together, Hamill said "every expectation I had was just obliterated," and he immediately connected with his "charming" and "wise beyond her years" costar.

Hamill went on to share some words he wrote after he first learned of Fisher's death seven years ago. "Carrie was one of a kind, who belonged to us all whether we liked it or not," he told the audience. "She was our princess, damn it, and the actress who played her blurred into one gorgeous, fiercely independent, and ferociously funny, take-charge woman who took our collective breath away."
Lourd embraced her onscreen uncle after his speech, and she later took the stage herself wearing a dress with her mom's image on it. The actress opened up about her mother's extensive career, from writing books and screenplays to starring in films like When Harry Met Sally and The Blues Brothers. But Lourd dedicated much of her speech to Fisher's most iconic role: Princess Leia. Lourd recalled that as a kid, she used to roll her eyes whenever her mom would try to show her a Star Wars movie. It wasn't until she hit middle school and her male peers started gushing about how much they loved her mother that she finally sat down to watch it.

"My mom?" she remembered saying. "The embarrassing lady who wore glitter makeup like it was lotion and didn't wear a bra to support her much-support-needed double-Ds? They couldn't be talking about her."

Lourd went on to explain that she's since become a diehard Star Wars fan, the kind who sobs while watching The Mandalorian and has a lightsaber lamp in her living room. (Lourd herself appeared alongside her mother in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, playing Lieutenant Connix in The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker.) She also added that she wants to pass the torch — or lightsaber — on to her two young children, Kingston and Jackson.
Lourd and Hamill concluded Thursday's ceremony by unveiling Fisher's star, surrounded by C-3PO, R2-D2, and a stormtrooper. Lourd ended things by paying tribute to her mother's lifelong love of sparkle, pouring glitter on the star itself. "My mom was glitter," she said. "She covered her world in it both literally and metaphorically. She left a mark of her sparkle on everyone she met."

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 3

I was watching Empire with my daughter last night and there was a line that reminded me how much it annoys me how Yoda just sort of bailed on the rebellion. When Luke is leaving Yoda to go help his friends Yoda says something like "Only a fully trained Jedi can defeat Vader". I really wanted Luke to reply "Aren't you a fully trained Jedi?".

• LOL 2

How would he even really know what's going on galaxy-wide anyway? He bailed at the end of Sith when he faced Palpatine. Unless Kenobi took some trips to visit him and fill him in on what's going on. 

Would he even know who Vader was?

They established in Empire that he could see visions and shit about what was going on. He knew that Han and Leia were in danger, just not if they were going to die. Plus we know that Jedi can communicate using their force brain powers (Luke and Vader did it in this movie). So he seemed to know what was going on. I just would have loved it if Luke said, why don't you come and help me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

You'd think with all those force brain powers, Yoda might have had an iota of an inkling about Palpatine. 

That sort of goes back to one of my big issues I had with the prequels. Yoda is supposed to be the greatest Jedi force user ever, but all he can sense is that a little kid taken from his home is scared. Not that a guy he works with on a daily basis who has tons of power is the most evil person in the galaxy. And not even a hint that Palpatine is hiding something. 

And then, even in Empire Yoda keeps talking about how fear is the path to the dark side. But he is the one in hiding.  In general it seems that Yoda kind of sucks.

• Like 1

40 Years of Return of the Jedi Panel | Star Wars Celebration LIVE! 2023
Star Wars   May 24, 2023

... Moderator Ming-Na Wen discusses 40 years of Return of the Jedi with Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, Warwick Davis, Ian McDiarmid, Doug Chiang, Rob Bredow, and Neal Scanlan.

• Like 1
(edited)

No Lucasfilm panels at SDCC this year...

Comic-Con Crisis: Marvel, Netflix, Sony, HBO and Universal to Skip SDCC as Fest Faces Another Existential Threat
By Adam B. Vary    June 23, 2023
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/comic-con-schedule-marvel-netflix-hbo-sony-universal-skipping-1235653256/

Amid that uncertainty, several studios have preemptively nixed plans for a robust presence at SDCC this year. Disney and its subsidiaries Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm are not planning any panels, cutting off the chance to showcase the casts for upcoming projects like “The Marvels,” “Loki” Season 2, “Ahsoka” and “Haunted Mansion.” ....

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Kathleen Kennedy explains why the Rey and James Mangold Star Wars movies are linked
By Molly Edwards    June 27, 2023
https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-rey-james-mangold-movies-linked-kathleen-kennedy-interview/ 

Rey's movie is set to focus on the rebuilding of the Jedi Order, but, of course, she won't be the first to try and restore the Jedi to their former glory. As we've seen across the Disney Plus TV shows and The Last Jedi, Luke Skywalker did his best to build his own Jedi academy, though ultimately his efforts were destroyed by Kylo Ren. 

Considering that history, how will Rey's Star Wars movie break new ground, then? "I think what's always great about Star Wars is it's a big galaxy, and we're coming off what was a major war with the First Order," Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy tells GamesRadar+, while discussing Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. "And now, Rey has made a promise to Luke and that's really the core of where we're going and what this story will be. And I think it offers just tremendous opportunity to introduce new characters and start with something fresh, because we culminated with what George [Lucas] was creating, and now we take all of that and move it to the next chapter." 

As for Mangold's movie, that film will take us back a long way on the Star Wars timeline to the Force's very beginnings. Kennedy tells us that this has been a major consideration for some time. "That's come up a lot, from the moment I stepped in and George brought me into the company, there's been a lot of interest in that," she explains. 

While Rey's movie is all about the future, Mangold's will look to the distant past; but, according to Kennedy, the two share surprising connective tissue. "It was something that Jim [Mangold] immediately sparked to, and I think it's a really nice compliment to what we're doing with moving into the future with Rey, and then understanding a bit more of where this all came from," she explains. "Because it will be at the heart of creating the new Jedi Order, so to get a real sense of where that might have began with the dawn of the Jedi could be pretty cool." 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

James Mangold Says His STAR WARS Movie May Not Include Words Like "Jedi" and "The Force"
Joey Paur    June 30, 2023
https://geektyrant.com/news/james-mangold-says-his-star-wars-movie-may-not-include-words-like-jedi-and-the-force 

Director James Mangold is offering additional insight into his Star Wars movie that will be set in ancient times of the universe. The movie is said to take place 25,000 years before the events of Episode I and it will focus on the birth of The Force, but it may not actually be called “The Force” in the film. It also may not use the word “Jedi,” which makes complete sense for the time period that the movie is set in.

During a recent interview on the Happy Sad Confused podcast, when Mangold was asked if those terms would be used, he said:

"I don't wanna make any guarantees one way or another, but it will be before Jedi, meaning you might be experiencing something that might become Jedi. Despite the fact that other people make movies other ways, I don't tend to think people brand themselves before they've actually found themselves. So you don't come up with a name for your organization ... 'Let's put this big thing on our chests.' I think that the branding tends to happen later."
"When I talk to some of the Star Wars clerics who keep track of all these timelines, I was like, 'So when would this have happened?' and they were like, '25,000 years before Episode I.' And I was like, 'Oh, I was looking for some distance, but that's distance.’ The reality, for me, was that feeling of space, pun not intended but apropos, was something that I felt was really important. Not to get away from -- again, fan service or the intricacies of what George [Lucas] has set up and dreamed of, but to just have the space to tell a story and not be instantly encumbered by the bases you have to hit. Which, honestly, there's no way to explain it to folks other than to say it's like that game we played as kids, Twister, that at a certain point, you're in a tangle because you just are trying to find a way to tell a story with so many constraints that you can't."
"I have not had a chance to talk to him [George Lucas] at all about what I'm thinking. He was involved and read the script and was a Ford v Ferrari fan, I'm told, but it would be very interesting to talk to him. I'm very protective of myself, in the sense of ... Even describing meeting Bob Dylan in relation to the Dylan film, I like to have my sh-t together before I get into those kinds of situations. Because every good idea skates at the very edge of being precipitously awful. And every safe idea never gets towards that edge. So the trick is always to develop your idea enough that you're compatriates and consultants and mentor can understand how you're avoiding going over the edge, not just daring it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
On 6/28/2023 at 10:13 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

They need to get away from jedi, jedi, jedi. Ahsoka is a popular character and she's proof positive you don't need 'jedi' per se. 

That said, if you're going into the past just do a KOTOR movie. 

I would love to see a KOTOR movie.

24 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Everyone wants to see a KOTOR movie. You're printing money. 

I know some stories from the comics and the Tartakovsky Clone Wars made it to Filoni's Clone Wars, but have any game stories popped up in other formats? I doubt that KOTOR will be adapted, because of the big twist that's common knowledge these days. However, I wouldn't mind a better fate for the Exile. The Revan novel was so terrible.

Also, they'd probably only cast the wrong Revan. Everyone knows what Revan looks like, and you can't deviate too far or else you'd get yelled at. :)

• Like 1
(edited)

From the SDCC programming schedule (all times are PDT)...

https://comiccon2023.sched.com/event/1Oke8/star-wars-past-present-future 

Thursday, July 20 • 10:00am - 2:30pm

Star Wars: Past, Present, Future
Gigi Edgley, actor (Farscape, Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge), Spencer Wilding, actor (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Doctor Who), James Ganiere, director/producer (Farscape 20th Anniversary, Space Command) Friday only, Christian Ganiere, actor (Stranger Things, Days of Our Lives), Bruce Logan, visual effects (Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope) - Friday only, Leilani Shui, actor (Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Mandalorian), Julie Dolan, actor (Star Wars: Rebels, Star Wars: Uprising) Friday only

https://comiccon2023.sched.com/event/1OX6Y/star-wars-memories 

Friday, July 21 • 12:00pm - 1:00pm

Star Wars Memories
Craig Miller, Lucasfilm's original director of fan relations, presents a slide show on the early days of Lucasfilm and marketing Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back to comics and science fiction fandom and the rest of the world. He’ll tell you all about 20th Century Fox's market research on making Star Wars, George Lucas's original explanation for the Millennium Falcon's 12-parsec Kesel Run, picking Leigh Brackett to write The Empire Strikes Back, the phone messages that shut down Illinois' phone system, Underwear That’s Fun To Wear, taking droids to Sesame Street, and more.

https://comiccon2023.sched.com/event/1OXBL/star-wars-past-present-future 

Friday, July 21 • 4:00pm - 5:00pm

Spencer Wilding (Darth Vader, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story; Gorg, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves), Leilani Shiu (Teeka the Jawa, Obi-Wan, Boba Fett, Mandalorian), Bruce Logan (SFX cinematographer, Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope; cinematographer, Tron), Gigi Edgley (Chiana, Farscape), Christian Ganiere (Ten, Stranger Things), Julie Dolan (Princess Leia, Star Wars: Rebels, Star Wars: Uprising, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue), and James Ganiere (Emmy Award–nominated director/producer) discuss favorite moments, storylines, characters, droids, games, merchandise, and what worked and what didn’t.

https://comiccon2023.sched.com/event/1Okho/star-wars-past-present-future 

Saturday, July 22 • 10:00am - 2:30pm

Gigi Edgley, actor (Farscape, Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge), Spencer Wilding, actor (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Doctor Who), James Ganiere, director/producer (Farscape 20th Anniversary, Space Command) Friday only, Christian Ganiere, actor (Stranger Things, Days of Our Lives), Bruce Logan, visual effects (Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope) - Friday only, Leilani Shui, actor (Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Mandalorian), Julie Dolan, actor (Star Wars: Rebels, Star Wars: Uprising) Friday only

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Lucasfilm and Star Wars Receive a Combined 23 Emmy Nominations
StarWars.com Team   July 12, 2023
https://www.starwars.com/news/emmy-nominations-2023 

Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Mandalorian, and Light & Magic have been honored with 23 nominations in 21 different categories at the 75th Primetime Emmy® Awards. Among the top honors, Andor was nominated in the Outstanding Drama Series category with a total of 8 nominations, Obi-Wan Kenobi nabbed a nomination in the Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series category and a total of 5 nominations, and The Mandalorian was nominated for a total of 9 nominations. 

"This morning the 2023 Emmy nominations were announced and I am thrilled to share that a record four of our productions – The Mandalorian, Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Light & Magic – have received an outstanding combined 23 nods across 21 categories," Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy said in a message to employees. "I am so proud of everyone who worked on these productions and the acknowledgement each one of them has so dearly earned for their dedication and hard work." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1