Type keyword(s) to search

The Star Wars Saga

Joe
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Donald Glover and Brother Stephen to Write ‘Lando’ Series at Disney+ as Justin Simien Exits
By BreAnna Bell   July 27, 2023
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/donald-glover-stephen-write-lando-series-disney-justin-simien-exits-1235681988/ 

Brothers Donald and Stephen Glover have signed on to write Lucasfilm’s “Lando” series for Disney+, Variety has confirmed.

News first broke of a Lando Calrissian limited series being in the works in December 2020. At the time, “Dear White People” creator Justin Simien was attached to the project. Though, it would seem he’s no longer attached as Variety has been told the Glover brothers will be writing the series alone. Simien most recently directed Disney’s “Haunted Mansion,” which is scheduled for a July 28 release. The deal was reached prior to the writers strike.

Edited by tv echo
7 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Donald Glover and Brother Stephen to Write ‘Lando’ Series at Disney+ as Justin Simien Exits
By BreAnna Bell   July 27, 2023
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/donald-glover-stephen-write-lando-series-disney-justin-simien-exits-1235681988/ 

I hated the Solo movie, so I'm pretty cynical that this show will be any good. Glover played it way too broad, a live-action cartoon character. He wasn't helped by the terrible writing. Robosexual? Seriously? If he's closer to the Lando we see in the OT and TROS, maybe there's a chance. But I'm not exactly anticipating much.

(edited)
On 7/28/2023 at 6:43 AM, Anduin said:

I hated the Solo movie, so I'm pretty cynical that this show will be any good. Glover played it way too broad, a live-action cartoon character. He wasn't helped by the terrible writing. Robosexual? Seriously? If he's closer to the Lando we see in the OT and TROS, maybe there's a chance. But I'm not exactly anticipating much.

In Rebels he was literally a cartoon with Billy Dee Williams voicing him as the smooth talking gambler which he really wasn't in the OT and TROS. The series could be more of that or seeing his arc from scoundrel to "businessman and responsible leader" when he becomes administrator of Cloud City.

I don't remember the term "Robosexual" said in the movie. 

Edited by Fool to cry
5 hours ago, Fool to cry said:

In Rebels he was literally a cartoon with Billy Dee Williams voicing him as the smooth talking gambler which he really wasn't in the OT and TROS. The series could be more of that or seeing his arc from scoundrel to "businessman and responsible leader" when he becomes administrator of Cloud City.

You know what I mean. Williams wasn't that broad in the movies. Lando was far from the only problem with the Solo movie, but he was certainly one of them.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

It's from Futurama. They're making a joke about Lando flirting with the droid. 

Although the comics, which are canonical, did establish Lando as being pansexual.

18 hours ago, Fool to cry said:

The series could be more of that or seeing his arc from scoundrel to "businessman and responsible leader" when he becomes administrator of Cloud City.

When Solo came out and there were whispers of a Lando spinoff, that was my first thought for a series. Lando conning his way into running Cloud City, and unexpectedly starting to care about it.

• Like 3

So Ahsoka is coming to Galaxy's Edge. My first thought, she's really going to go through the orange body paint. Second, I hope those gloves are plastic, because metal is heavy. Third, her upper arms are exposed. Is there a sleeved version of her costume for when it's cold? Fourth, has anyone ever interviewed a Galaxy's Edge actor, or are they all under long-term NDAs?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Anduin said:

So Ahsoka is coming to Galaxy's Edge. My first thought, she's really going to go through the orange body paint. Second, I hope those gloves are plastic, because metal is heavy. Third, her upper arms are exposed. Is there a sleeved version of her costume for when it's cold? Fourth, has anyone ever interviewed a Galaxy's Edge actor, or are they all under long-term NDAs?

Wow that's fast. We were at Disney world last August and they didn't even have a Mando character.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Anduin said:

If they go with the sleeveless look, they could give her an orange skintight bodysuit for under the costume- it would just have to match the face paint.  Also, Ahsoka has worn a grayish cloak at times, so I imagine they may do that instead.  Hopefully the performer wouldn’t have to worry too much about cold in either outfit- if anything Anaheim will probably be pretty warm for the near future.  As for the armor, I’d imagine it’s fairly lightweight- probably similar to the stuff high end cosplayers make, which is often moldable plastic.

13 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Wow that's fast. We were at Disney world last August and they didn't even have a Mando character.

Iirc, Mando is coming to Disney World later this fall.  Disneyland has had him since around S3 earlier this year- they’ve also had Boba and Fennec there.  My theory for why these characters are showing up in Disneyland instead of Disney World (so far) is because DW still has the Starcruiser.  So, everything at that Galaxy’s Edge needs to fit with that storyline- it doesn’t work (at least in the minds of the park designers) to have Mando and Grogu around if they’re not involved in whatever Rey or Chewy or Kylo are up to back on the ship.  Once the Starcruiser has closed for good though, they will probably have more flexibility on walk around characters in Orlando as well.

In general, Disneyland has been pretty good about doing tie-in characters - Indiana Jones was out in Adventureland around his movie premiere, and practically every Marvel character has shown up at Avengers Campus at California Adventure.  In that respect, it’s great to see Ahsoka in the mix- it’s really fun to see these characters out there interacting with park guests.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Chyromaniac said:

If they go with the sleeveless look, they could give her an orange skintight bodysuit for under the costume- it would just have to match the face paint.  Also, Ahsoka has worn a grayish cloak at times, so I imagine they may do that instead.  Hopefully the performer wouldn’t have to worry too much about cold in either outfit- if anything Anaheim will probably be pretty warm for the near future.  As for the armor, I’d imagine it’s fairly lightweight- probably similar to the stuff high end cosplayers make, which is often moldable plastic.

That's good to hear! I do worry about the real people in these situations.

54 minutes ago, Chyromaniac said:

My theory for why these characters are showing up in Disneyland instead of Disney World (so far) is because DW still has the Starcruiser.  So, everything at that Galaxy’s Edge needs to fit with that storyline- it doesn’t work (at least in the minds of the park designers) to have Mando and Grogu around if they’re not involved in whatever Rey or Chewy or Kylo are up to back on the ship

But there is also the other area in WDW where you can meet star wars characters in there building near the Disney Junior area. My daughter met Chewie and BB-8 there. At first your theory kind of made sense to me but then I remembered you could also meet Darth Vader there (my daughter didn't want to meet him).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

But there is also the other area in WDW where you can meet star wars characters in their building near the Disney Junior area. My daughter met Chewie and BB-8 there. At first your theory kind of made sense to me but then I remembered you could also meet Darth Vader there (my daughter didn't want to meet him).

What I’m saying applies only to Galaxy’s Edge.  When you go to that part of the park, they treat it like you are literally entering a specific time and place within the Star Wars story, set sometime in the Episode 7-9 era. Therefore the only characters that can be in that area, are ones involved in those events.  Again, I think it’s set up this way because in Florida at least, it’s connected to the Starcruiser, where people pay a lot of money to pretend that they are actually taking part in a Star Wars adventure.  So, the land has to have the same level of immersion as the ship experience.  Disneyland doesn’t have the Starcruiser, but the actual land is the same.  So, the lore connected to all the rides, shops, characters, etc… is also the same.

I agree that it’s somewhat weird that they treat Galaxy’s Edge like that, while in other parts of the same parks, they still have classic Star Wars characters and attractions mixed in with all their other rides.  They just represent two different philosophies of theme park design.

6 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

What I’m saying applies only to Galaxy’s Edge.  When you go to that part of the park, they treat it like you are literally entering a specific time and place within the Star Wars story, set sometime in the Episode 7-9 era. Therefore the only characters that can be in that area, are ones involved in those events.  Again, I think it’s set up this way because in Florida at least, it’s connected to the Starcruiser, where people pay a lot of money to pretend that they are actually taking part in a Star Wars adventure.  So, the land has to have the same level of immersion as the ship experience

But my point was that there wasn't anywhere on the park where you could meet Mando and Grogu at least last August there wasn't. Baby Yoda was the biggest thing Star Wars has come up with in years so it seemed weird not to put a guy in a suit holding a little animatronic doll and put him in the building with Darth Vader or outside Star Tours. 

Star Wars minute has finished! The first episode was released 3 June 2013. The last was 31 October 2023. In that time, five new movies were released. Pete and Alex probably weren't expecting that, but they soldiered through to the end. However, they didn't do the Ewok movies or The Clone Wars. Shirking their duty? Looking after their mental health? It's your call.

In that time, they predicted the future at least once. Minute 63 of ANH, they joke about how if the Death Star wasn't destroyed, the Empire would have decorated it with gardens. Yeah, Starkiller Base. It must have happened a few times, and there's probably a few times where they were completely wrong.

Anyway, they still have their YT channel and Patreon. Further, they say they're coming back for the Rey movie, but that's still a long way off. They have earned a good long break from daily podcasting, and we thank them for their hard work.

• Like 1

Star Wars Undertakes Universe-Shaking Changes After Ahsoka
BY ANTHONY BREZNICAN   NOVEMBER 21, 2023
https://www.vanityfair.com./hollywood/2023/11/star-wars-ahsoka-dave-filoni 

... The writer-producer-director, who started out working alongside George Lucas on the animated Clone Wars show nearly two decades ago, has ascended to a new position at Lucasfilm—one that will give him input into all the galactic storytelling going forward.

“Now I’m what’s called chief creative officer of Lucasfilm,” Filoni tells Vanity Fair, which places him into the development process much earlier and in a much more expansive capacity than his previous advisory duties. “In the past, in a lot of projects I would be brought into, I would see it after it had already developed a good ways.” 

Filoni will now work more directly with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and alongside Carrie Beck, a veteran producer turned head of development, to originate and shepherd the next generation of Star Wars shows and movies. After spending many years involved in the creation of Star Wars animation, including the Rebels series, he became increasingly involved in live-action as a producer with Jon Favreau on the The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett. “In this new role, it’s opened up to basically everything that’s going on,” Filoni says. “When we’re planning the future of what we’re doing now, I’m involved at the inception phase.”
At the Star Wars Celebration fan convention this past spring, a number of new projects were announced by Kennedy, including a feature film from Filoni that would help bridge the decades-long gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens—a space that The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and Ahsoka are already busy filling. 

Filoni will continue developing his film, as well as exploring a possible second season of Ahsoka, while serving in his new position. “To truly help filmmakers, it was really important for me to experience it firsthand,” he says. “I can also lend a perspective on the challenges that telling these stories will present. I feel more capable of actually being helpful outside of just saying, ‘Well, Jedi are like this, and Sith are like this…’”

All the titles from Star Wars Celebration are still on the books, Lucasfilm officials say, including a historical epic about the early origins of the Force from Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny filmmaker James Mangold, and a story revisiting Daisy Ridley’s Rey from director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy. Upcoming television projects include The Acolyte, set in the High Republic era about a century before the Star Wars story fans first encountered in the 1977 original, and Skeleton Crew, a show about a group of lost young space travelers set sometime after the Empire’s defeat in Return of the Jedi.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2

I saw this yesterday and it was a pretty big "meh" for me. The first season of The Mandalorian was great but nothing he has been connected with since then has really come close to to being that good. The following seasons were just too connected to the true ruler of Mandalore and other crap I don't really care about. And Ahsoka was even worse about being about stuff I don't care about (plus it being all set up). And Boba Fett was just dumb. Meanwhile Andor was awesome and even the Obi-wan show was solid. I am not really too excited for the Mando-time movie and I expect any further movies he is in charge of will just be about some obscure comic book or cartoon character.

It's weird the lesson that Lucasfilm should have learned from Mando season 1 is new characters and stories can be really good. But it seemed since then they have like doubled down on making sure new stuff is connected to old stuff.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I saw this yesterday and it was a pretty big "meh" for me. The first season of The Mandalorian was great but nothing he has been connected with since then has really come close to to being that good. The following seasons were just too connected to the true ruler of Mandalore and other crap I don't really care about. And Ahsoka was even worse about being about stuff I don't care about (plus it being all set up). And Boba Fett was just dumb. Meanwhile Andor was awesome and even the Obi-wan show was solid. I am not really too excited for the Mando-time movie and I expect any further movies he is in charge of will just be about some obscure comic book or cartoon character.

It's weird the lesson that Lucasfilm should have learned from Mando season 1 is new characters and stories can be really good. But it seemed since then they have like doubled down on making sure new stuff is connected to old stuff.

I agree not everything has to be connected to the old stuff.

21 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I loved Clone Wars and Rebels and most of AHSOKA so I'm happy. People say they don't want anything connected to the old stuff but Andor was connected to Rogue One! Ray Stevenson played a new character who didn't appear before in the animated shows and fans who didn't watch them agree he was one of the best things about AHSOKA. Shin Hati already has her fans and she's new too. So I think Filoni can come up with new things that people who only watch live action will like.  I just think wanting new Star Wars that doesn't reference anything at all is ridiculous. Like it or not there is now a canon history considering of hundreds hours of stories. Yeah fans say they want the simplicity of the first movie but what they really miss when it all seemed fresh and new. The irony is the story and archetypes were as old as humanity, it's just the setting and aesthetic was new.

Edited by Fool to cry
  • Like 1

I also agree not everything needs to be connected to the old stuff, but I'm here for jedi/sith/force whatever you want to call it. The most interesting "modern" development, and I would go so far as to say it is the linchpin to the success of the franchise today, was Ahsoka walking away from the Jedi order. 

What I liked about the Kenobi and Ahsoka shows is that they got back to the concept of jedi as ronin, and I really want more of that. An important part of the Ahsoka show was that there actually weren't "jedi" and "sith". 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I also agree not everything needs to be connected to the old stuff, but I'm here for jedi/sith/force whatever you want to call it. The most interesting "modern" development, and I would go so far as to say it is the linchpin to the success of the franchise today, was Ahsoka walking away from the Jedi order. 

What I liked about the Kenobi and Ahsoka shows is that they got back to the concept of jedi as ronin, and I really want more of that. An important part of the Ahsoka show was that there actually weren't "jedi" and "sith". 

I am really interested in where they go with the not Jedi and not Sith. And the Mortis. 

13 hours ago, Fool to cry said:

People say they don't want anything connected to the old stuff but Andor was connected to Rogue One!

Andor was connected to Rogue one but even that was relatively new and it was only like one character from Rogue one who was in that show. Like I said I think my favourite thing Filoni did was Mando season 1, just a bunch of new characters and locations and it was really good. But by season 2 we got to see more characters from other stories show up which was topped off with literally The Mandalorian meets Luke Skywalker. 

13 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Andor was connected to Rogue one but even that was relatively new and it was only like one character from Rogue one who was in that show. Like I said I think my favourite thing Filoni did was Mando season 1, just a bunch of new characters and locations and it was really good. But by season 2 we got to see more characters from other stories show up which was topped off with literally The Mandalorian meets Luke Skywalker. 

I love The Mandalorian season 1 but to say it was all new is laughable. You had Boba Fett looking armor, Ugnaughts, a robot like IG-88 a baby version of Yoda, Jawas, Imperial stormtroopers  scout walkers, X-Wings etc. It was all familiar stuff to old Star Wars fans. Now for a lot of younger viewers who've never seen tne classic trilogy the show is their first Star Wars experience and all that stuff is new to them along with the characters that appear in season 2. For older fans though they know they appeared in other shows and resent being left out because they chose not to watch them. Also people wouldn't have a problem with seeing Luke if it was Mark Hamill without any digital effects and uncanny valley.

On 11/23/2023 at 10:46 AM, Fool to cry said:

People say they don't want anything connected to the old stuff but Andor was connected to Rogue One!

It reminds me of a Simpsons quote: so you want a realistic, down to earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?

1 hour ago, Fool to cry said:

Also people wouldn't have a problem with seeing Luke if it was Mark Hamill without any digital effects and uncanny valley.

They would if he was supposed to be portraying a 30 year old Luke Skywalker.  It was either cast a new actor (which probably would have been fine) or use the magic of CGI.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, baldryanr said:

It reminds me of a Simpsons quote: so you want a realistic, down to earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?

They would if he was supposed to be portraying a 30 year old Luke Skywalker.  It was either cast a new actor (which probably would have been fine) or use the magic of CGI.

Or shoot him from behind and not show his face like Jesus in Ben Hur! 😂

ben-hur-jesus-head.jpg.7b3817ced00c2960b5338146e5579804.jpg

I didn't have a problem with the deaged Luke. I don't think we need to see Luke in that era too much, but with Mando toting around a powerful baby force user, it's hard for them to not cross paths with literally the only jedi left (that anyone knew about). 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Fool to cry said:

love The Mandalorian season 1 but to say it was all new is laughable

Well I did never say that it was all new. Just that it had a bunch of new characters and locations. Because as far as I know Mando or Grogu or Kuiil or Carl Weathers or Werner Herzog had never been in Star Wars before. 

• Like 1

Natalie Portman is open to return to Star Wars. Not desperate to return, not lobbying for a job, open to return. Some Youtubers will absolutely make a mountain out of this molehill. Don't be like them.

I go two directions on this. She wasn't exactly the greatest thing about the prequels. What would her role be? More Mon Mothma on the political side, or more Leia on the action side? Since Mon Mothma was in a ROTS deleted political scene, I suppose Padme would hold down the Leia role because OG Leia would be too young at this point.

However, for a long time I've wanted to see a kind of flash sideways. What could have been. The Skywalker-Amidala family home. Anakin, Padme, Luke, Leia, and just to twist the knife, a third kid. That could be fun in a kind of stinging way. Maybe a Force vision, showing Vader what he lost. Set it right before ROTJ and it might just work.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Anduin said:

I go two directions on this. She wasn't exactly the greatest thing about the prequels. What would her role be? More Mon Mothma on the political side, or more Leia on the action side? Since Mon Mothma was in a ROTS deleted political scene, I suppose Padme would hold down the Leia role because OG Leia would be too young at this point.

They could potentially use her in Andor if they give Mon Mothma flashbacks next season to cover the arc from the ROTS deleted scenes. Or Padme could pop up in Ahsoka if they do anymore Clone War era flashbacks.

• Like 1
(edited)

Star Wars Prequel Cast Revisits The Trilogy 25 Years Later In Empire’s Anniversary Issue – Exclusive
By Ben Travis   Feb 9, 2024
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-prequel-cast-interviews-25-anniversary-exclusive/ 

For Ewan McGregor, the pressure of playing the young Obi-Wan Kenobi was eased by working alongside Liam Neeson – whose Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn suffers a noble end in the final act of Episode I – The Phantom Menace. “There are moments in any script that become like little pinnacles, that there’s an expectation that you hit emotionally. And that was one of them,” McGregor tells Empire now of the scene. “I was so fond of Liam [Neeson]. He’s such a generous and wonderful man — playing it was super-easy, because he was right in the moment with me, and I was in there with him.”

Revisiting his time on Episode I, Liam Neeson fondly remembered working not just with McGregor, but with Ahmed Best – the actor behind Jar Jar Binks. “Ahmed was so funny and inventive,” Neeson enthuses, remembering his dismay at the Binks backlash that lasted for years. “Myself and Ewan were personally hurt and offended by the critical reaction to the character.”
With Episode II – Attack Of The Clones, the time came to cast the 19-year-old Anakin Skywalker – requiring an actor who would have to, come the trilogy’s end, become Darth Vader. That task fell to Hayden Christensen, who took part in a major new interview and photo shoot with Empire for the issue. “The scope of the opportunity — the enormity of it all — was exciting to me. It was obviously a little daunting too, but there’s a saying: ‘Pressure is privilege’. I just felt very lucky to have it,” he says of becoming Anakin. And the films gave him one hell of an arc to play. “I was really thrilled that I was gonna get to express George’s mapping out of how someone goes from good to bad.”

Also daunted was Natalie Portman, who played formidable politician (and later Anakin’s secret wife) Padmé Amidala across all three films. “I was worried about doing it, that I wouldn’t be able to do anything else after, because the series carries such a mythology in American life. But that was precisely why it was such an incredible opportunity,” she tells Empire now. “It bridged my career from a child to an adult.”
Underlying the journey of the heroes and villains, stirring the pot across all three films, was Ian McDiarmid’s sinister Sith Lord, Sheev Palpatine. Having played the Emperor in Return Of The Jedi back in 1983, decked out in old-age makeup, the timing worked perfectly for McDiarmid to reprise the role of the younger Chancellor in the prequels. While the earlier prequels involved much politicking, he got to revel in all-out evil by Episode III – Revenge Of The Sith. “George [Lucas] kept hyping me up on that,” he remembers of the scene in which he attacks Samuel L. Jackson’s Mace Windu. “I was screaming, ‘ABSOLUTE POWER!’ I said, ‘Do you want me to do some quiet ones, because this is a bit much?’ George said, ‘No, go further, go further!’ So I did, and he seems to have kept most of it — there’s no holding back there.” It’s one of many lines that fans still request from the actor today. “The one that they like most of all is, ‘DO IT!’ People just love it,” he says. It’s official: the dark side has more fun.

Hayden Christensen Reflects On The Star Wars Prequels: ‘Those Movies Have Held Up Well’ – Exclusive
By Ben Travis   Updated Feb 9, 2024
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/hayden-christensen-star-wars-prequels-trilogy-movies-held-up-well-exclusive/ 

Speaking to Empire in a major new interview – and original photo shoot – for our 25th anniversary celebration of the prequel trilogy, Christensen opened up on his time in the galaxy far, far away. “It’s been a remarkable experience. And just a very heartwarming one,” he tells Empire. “The journey that I’ve been on with Star Wars over the last 20 plus years... it’s been a wild ride, and where we’re at now is really meaningful to me.” While the backlash against the prequels was difficult to take, he’s pleased to see how beloved all three films are today. “I think that those movies have held up well over time,” he says. “It feels like vindication for the work that we did. Everyone that worked on those movies thought that we were part of something special. We all wanted to do our very best work, and we cared a lot about it. And so to see the response from the fans now, it’s very cool.”
Having ridden out the stormy reception to the prequels – and returned to the Star Wars galaxy in recent years for appearances in Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka – Christensen reflected on the advice that he would give to his younger self before stepping into Attack Of The Clones. “Even though I was a bit overwhelmed, I was also a confident young man, and I wanted to make my mark. But I guess if I were to have some advice for me during that general time in my life, it would be: ‘Patience’,” he decides. “Because my journey with the character and with Star Wars has at times been a bumpy one... but I’m in a good place with it now. And so that’s why I say patience.” In 2024, there’s undoubtedly balance to the Force.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
(edited)

Lucas' decision to make Darth Vader Luke's father(which was late in the TESB screenwriting process), while elevating the movie and the original trilogy as a whole would artistically doom the prequels. It would have been much easier for Lucas to write a story about a friendship of two good guys where one of then is killed by the other's student who was already evil(as Lucas had originally planned) then it is a to write a good guy who turns evil and betrays everyone he loves. Someone with far better skills as a dramatic writer could pull it off but not Lucas. Similarly the decision to kill the Emperor and have the Empire defeated in the third movie would negatively effect the sequels. Lucas originally planned to do that after another trilogy but the movies turned out to be so time consuming and expensive to make that he just wanted to finish the trilogy. Once you defeat the main villain and the good guys win the story is basically over. There's nowhere to go.

Edited by Fool to cry
  • Like 1

I'm going to disagree with the 'there's nowhere to go.' I'd say the whole plot of "We won. Now what?" can be very interesting if done correctly. 

Now, the sequels essentially rehashing the OT probably isn't the strongest narrative direction. However, I'd point out that Babylon 5 pulled off the "now what?" quite well. 

I mean, here, we're talking about a galaxy's worth of individual governments throwing off the empire. They're all going to have ideas on what to do next. There's plenty there in the right hands. I've always been all about the Force. So just breaking the cycle of Jedi-Sith, and I'm there. 

• Like 2

I think you can tell that story but for one movie as an epilogue. That's what Lucas intended in his original handwritten outline for 12 movies. Fans though wanted and expected another trilogy.

• Like 1

Also it's the target audience too. Babylon 5 was for adults. Star Wars always was for kids really. I'm saying more of an adult plot. 

But you could have had a good plot of Leia being a senator. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Was super excited about the EP 1 anniversary news but was immediately saddened by lots and lots of people trashing it across various platforms :'(. I know it's a terrible movie but I've always found it the fun kind of terrible. Also Attack of the Clones is worse, fight me.

Seeing the Darth Maul duel on the big screen again is tempting ngl. Also, getting to listen to John Williams' Duel of the Fates in theater surround sound again?!?!?!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Fool to cry said:

I think you can tell that story but for one movie as an epilogue. That's what Lucas intended in his original handwritten outline for 12 movies. Fans though wanted and expected another trilogy.

This would be the perfect jumping off point for a streaming series - less pew-pew, more politics.  It would really give them room to explore a post-Empire galaxy because there's a big difference between winning a rebellion and constructing a lasting peace. 

• Like 2