Type keyword(s) to search

The Star Wars Saga

Joe
  • Start Topic

On 2/11/2024 at 7:47 AM, baldryanr said:

This would be the perfect jumping off point for a streaming series - less pew-pew, more politics.  It would really give them room to explore a post-Empire galaxy because there's a big difference between winning a rebellion and constructing a lasting peace. 

Isn’t that exactly what the Mandalorian Universe is doing? 

On 2/10/2024 at 11:16 PM, HoodlumSheep said:

Was super excited about the EP 1 anniversary news but was immediately saddened by lots and lots of people trashing it across various platforms :'(. I know it's a terrible movie but I've always found it the fun kind of terrible. Also Attack of the Clones is worse, fight me.

Attack of the Clones is definitely worse. Phantom Menace at least has Dual of the Fates and podracing to make up for all the cringingly bad parts. 

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Isn’t that exactly what the Mandalorian Universe is doing? 

Attack of the Clones is definitely worse. Phantom Menace at least has Dual of the Fates and podracing to make up for all the cringingly bad parts. 

AOTC. Obi-Wan dives out of a window a hundred floors up. Padme in the black leather number. The arena and first battle of the Clone Wars. It's not all bad.

• Like 1
On 3/14/2024 at 2:35 PM, Anduin said:

I'll believe it when I actually see it in the cinema, but at this point I'm interested.

I agree at this point they'd be better of just announcing new Star Wars movies the actual day there being released in the theaters. 

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I agree at this point they'd be better of just announcing new Star Wars movies the actual day there being released in the theaters. 

I think that's going a little too far, but I'm not entirely opposed.

• Like 1

Star Wars Empire State Building Takeover
Star Wars   Mar 21, 2024

LIVE: Star Wars' Hayden Christensen joins Empire State Building lighting for takeover celebration
Associated Press   Streamed Mar 21, 2024

Hayden Christensen kicks off Star Wars-themed ‘takeover’ at Empire State Building
Associated Press   Mar 21, 2024

• Like 1
(edited)

Skywalker Saga Marathon Coming to Theaters on May the 4th
See all nine films on the big screen!
StarWars.com Team    March 21, 2024
https://www.starwars.com/news/skywalker-saga-marathon 

Lucasfilm announced today that in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, fans will have the chance to experience the entire Skywalker Saga in theaters this May the 4th, also known as Star Wars Day. This includes all nine episodic films in chronological order: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

In addition, an exclusive look at The Acolyte, the upcoming Disney+ series set during the High Republic era, will be part of The Phantom Menace screenings. Finally, those attending will receive a special limited edition poster. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Friday, March 22, at 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Just got back from TFA live in concert. Still as fun as ever. I remember 2015. At the time, I thought it was a pretty subpar year. In hindsight, it was pretty good. A job where I felt both useful and valued, several people were alive who now aren't, and so on. There was Fury Road in May, and TFA in December/January. I even picked my work days so I'd be free to see movies on release days. :)

2018 was ANH, ESB in 2019, ROTJ in 2022, now TFA. Given how the conductor ran down the prequels, "We don't talk about those ones," I'm guessing she didn't want to do them. Admittedly I'm not a fan either, but I know that lots of people are.

Anyway, it was a good time. A couple of jokes I'd forgotten, lots I remembered but still laughed at, some dialogue I'd never noticed until watching with captions, and some music that had previously been in the background. I even found myself remembering what was in the trailer vs what was in the movie. Yes to this, no to that.

If you ever have the chance to go see one of these live in concert showings, for a movie you like at least, then you should take it. I hope they do TLJ next year.

(edited)

George Lucas Honorary Palme d’or of the 77th Festival de Cannes
OFFICIAL SELECTION   published on 09.04.2024
https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/press/press-releases/george-lucas-honorary-palme-d-or-of-the-77th-festival-de-cannes/ 

A Hollywood legend, the director, screenwriter and producer George Lucas will receive the Honorary Palme d’or on Saturday, May 25, at the Closing Ceremony of the 77th Festival de Cannes, to be broadcast live on French TV channel France 2.
The Honorary Palme d’or will be presented to him on stage at the Grand Théâtre Lumière during the Closing Ceremony on Saturday May 25, 2024.
The Closing Ceremony of the 77th Festival de Cannes will be broadcast live on France Télévisions and Brut. on Saturday, May 25. Camille Cottin will serve as Master of Ceremony.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1