Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Who Do You Believe?

• Start Topic

They get together for family events and occasions, parties, birthdays, holidays, kids events like runway shows or football games, and dinners.  The kids, even if the girls have moved out, have been blessed with never having the parents make them feel they had to choose, or not like the other parent.  I call that co-parenting.  Parents are always your parents, even if you are lucky enough to hit 60 and still have them alive.

Yeah last I checked we are parents to our child for all of our lives no matter where they go or live and no matter where their other parent goes or lives. The co parenting doesn't stop after they reach 18 the same way being parents doesn't stop. Parenting isn't just about "raising" them its about, well, being their parents. Mo and Yo still like participating in their lives pretty regularly and so the need to get along doesn't just stop because the children have begun to have lives of their own.

• Love 4

Yeah last I checked we are parents to our child for all of our lives no matter where they go or live and no matter where their other parent goes or lives. The co parenting doesn't stop after they reach 18 the same way being parents doesn't stop. Parenting isn't just about "raising" them its about, well, being their parents. Mo and Yo still like participating in their lives pretty regularly and so the need to get along doesn't just stop because the children have begun to have lives of their own.

While I agree that parenting never ends, being a co-parent kind of does end when the kids are out of the nest and on their own. You stop needing to make joint decisions about your kids other than making nice on the holidays so everyone is able to be in the same place/home together.

• Love 5

While I agree that parenting never ends, being a co-parent kind of does end when the kids are out of the nest and on their own. You stop needing to make joint decisions about your kids other than making nice on the holidays so everyone is able to be in the same place/home together.

Decisions are still made within the family. That, in their case, may or may not incorporate ALL of them. Also, it's pretty evident that "playing nice" isn't all they are after. I mean I'm sure they have moments where boundaries are seriously drawn in the sand simply because Yo and Mo's relationship aren't that of an intimate couple but I do believe they both enjoy the comfortable intimacy they are able to display as a whole family when certain situations arises. I think they chose to hold on to that familiarity and that's what they have agreed to salvage because it's what they desire. Yeah, I think it's way more than just playing nice. They don't want to just "socialize" with their children. They want to genuinely share their children and enjoy as many milestones as they can as a family. That takes a bit of caring, respect and love so I can believe that Mo is invested in more than just appearances or to just keep Yo happy for his own sanity.  I believe he's is dedicated for the same reasons Yolanda is, maybe not to the same degree as Yolanda but enough that he continues to stay true to how they've decided to proceed after their divorce.  It seems pretty obvious that their arrangement is just as important to him and isn't some sacrifice he's making for his kids sake.

• Love 5

(Is he truly her Godfather or was he saying it as a term of affection? I cannot find any reference to this outside an aside comment made at the engagement party. It would seem odd because at the time Pandora was born 30 years ago there is no indication they even lived on the same continent. It has never been brought up since.

I don't always trust Mohamed. It would seem at some point Yolanda or LVP would have brought this up again.)

If I remember correctly, it was Lisa that said it when explaining why the party was being hosted by Mohamed. Wasn't Mohamed born overseas? They may have met at one of Lisa & Kens European or London venues.

Sorry I couldn't use the quote function but have now figured it out.

Edited by RHofOZ
  • Love 2

So it's more of a technicality than any real moral issue. I mean come on....

It is about Yolanda publicly discussing the more intimate details of her daughters' very public lives.  This is a woman who came off the rails because the information regarding the non-Gigi's affected her.

• Love 7

(Is he truly her Godfather or was he saying it as a term of affection? I cannot find any reference to this outside an aside comment made at the engagement party. It would seem odd because at the time Pandora was born 30 years ago there is no indication they even lived on the same continent. It has never been brought up since.

I don't always trust Mohamed. It would seem at some point Yolanda or LVP would have brought this up again.)

If I remember correctly, it was Lisa that said it when explaining why the party was being hosted by Mohamed. Wasn't Mohamed born overseas? They may have met at one of Lisa & Kens European or London venues.

Sorry I couldn't use the quote function but have now figured it out.

Mohamed moved to the United States while a minor.  Again, I think it is entirely possible Mohamed was trying to explain his level of friendship rather than a official designation.  I don't doubt they could have met in Europe, I just don't see a really close friendship between the two 30 years ago.

Here is a Bravo history of Mohamed:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/12-things-you-didnt-know-about-mohamed-hadid  Sounds like the closest he lived to the Todds was when he managed a club in Greece. 

It is about Yolanda publicly discussing the more intimate details of her daughters' very public lives.  This is a woman who came off the rails because the information regarding the non-Gigi's affected her.

I don't think there really is any confusion between having others share details about your children and you sharing details about your children. All these other angles, explanations, comparisons about what Yolanda did, said, shared etc. etc about her own children vs. others talking about her children truly confounds me.

I can share what I like about MY children. YOU can't. I still can't understand how this seems to be the most complicated logic being challenged with such unrelated defenses such as Yolanda's behavior here, there, everywhere. That particular conversation was not a benign one so I pretty much have decided not to pretend that it was. There were some negative connotations present within the conversation and in the deliverance of information so I won't pretend that there wasn't. For the most part that conversation was not just, "Wow, this new news is shocking, I hope the kids are doing okay" filled with well wishing and hopes for the best. It delved into what most people would consider sketchy and invasive at least from the footage I saw and I can, at the very least, justify why someone would be offended. Even if I wouldn't completely agree there is more than enough to understand why someone would have received it the wrong way and I wouldn't blame them for being upset about it.

• Love 5
steelcitysister, on 14 Apr 2016 - 5:52 PM, said:

Sorry, ryebread  it's Brandi who's been selected. Here's a recent image of her: note the bad hair extensions, really bad plastic surgery and the half-lidded make-mine-a-double-sweetie gaze. O wait . . . 

Faye_Resnick.jpg

Please tell me that was a reference to the long-defunct Sorority Life!?  I was mildly obsessed with that show in the early 2000s.

• Love 3

I don't think there really is any confusion between having others share details about your children and you sharing details about your children. All these other angles, explanations, comparisons about what Yolanda did, said, shared etc. etc about her own children vs. others talking about her children truly confounds me.

I can share what I like about MY children. YOU can't. I still can't understand how this seems to be the most complicated logic being challenged with such unrelated defenses such as Yolanda's behavior here, there, everywhere. That particular conversation was not a benign one so I pretty much have decided not to pretend that it was. There were some negative connotations present within the conversation and in the deliverance of information so I won't pretend that there wasn't. For the most part that conversation was not just, "Wow, this new news is shocking, I hope the kids are doing okay" filled with well wishing and hopes for the best. It delved into what most people would consider sketchy and invasive at least from the footage I saw and I can, at the very least, justify why someone would be offended. Even if I wouldn't completely agree there is more than enough to understand why someone would have received it the wrong way and I wouldn't blame them for being upset about it.

Given this then nobody should have been able to say anything about Gigi getting the Victoria Secrets nod. 

It wasn't a big deal, Yolanda put it on the table, LVP did the polite logical thing having heard it for the first time, and asked their father how they were doing.  He said fine and apparently, added only Yolanda had Lyme disease.  Yolanda can't run around and decide and preapprove conversations about her children.  She didn't eem to mind Brandi bringing up The Weeknd.  Would that have been inappropriate say if The Weeknd and Bella had split up? 

Asking a parent how their child is doing is not some huge breach of trust and had Yolanda not brought the subject up as her only reason for living it would have been a non-starter.  LVP wasn't discrediting their journey, she was asking how they were doing.

• Love 11

Given this then nobody should have been able to say anything about Gigi getting the Victoria Secrets nod. 

What a mother shares about her own children is completely different than how she feels about outsiders bringing up and discussing her child in a separate forum without her present. Victoria secrets nod/ Lyme disease doubt?  This is the type of completely bizarre examples and comparisons I'm talking about. In simple terms, one is positive the other is negative.  My head hurts. I'm done.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

I don't think that people saying nice things about Gigi getting a big modeling gig is the same as the allegation that Yo is lying about her kids being ill. 

Look, any of these people can bring up whatever they want, but I agree that when they do, they open themselves up for further speculation, gossip, and discussion among the other ladies and all of us watching at home. Yo certainly should have been aware that by bringing the non-Gigi's illness into her story, this topic would be discussed. She cannot be dumb enough to believe that since a large part of the viewing audience, her co-stars, and by her own admission members of her own family had doubts, that this topic would not be hotly discussed on the show. She should have understood the fact that it would be discussed, which doesn't negate the fact that she has every right to be offended by some of the comments. Specifically one comment that seems to indicate that she is a big fat liar (and I think that she is). Even though she should have known folks might have questions, I don't think she ever thought that LVP would reveal something so private. Brandi maybe, but not LVP. 

This situation is very similar to the one that Kyle faces as well.  She wants to talk about Kim, because it is an issue in her life. Does she make it more than it really is on the show to get sympathy? I don't think so, but that has certainly been the allegation almost from the beginning. Unlike others, I don't believe that Kyle is dumb - not at all. She has to know this will bring criticism, yet she brings up Kim and her issues because it is a part of her life. Even though she had to understand that in doing so she is making the topic fodder for discussion among the gals on the show. That still doesn't make her wrong for feeling hurt or offended by the way people were discussing it. It didn't mean that she had to be OK with Lisar trashing her sister all the time, even if everything that Lisar was saying was 100% accurate. Even if Kyle agrees completely with everything that Lisar was saying.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

What a mother shares about her own children is completely different than how she feels about outsiders bringing up and discussing her child in a separate forum without her present. Victoria secrets nod/ Lyme disease doubt?  This is the type of completely bizarre examples and comparisons I'm talking about. In simple terms, one is positive the other is negative.  My head hurts. I'm done.

I agree with that.  I would not be at all surprised if these women had and off air agreement that the kids are not to be involved, and I imagine Yolanda (and she would have a case I think) feels that Lisa V broke that agreement.  (I am even starting to wonder if this is at the core of Erika's hate boner for LVP, because it seems weird and without cause otherwise.) And this would be in addition to any annoyance or hurt feelings that Yolanda would have about her illness being joked about/discussed glibly/called into question.

Yolanda does choose to bring her kids into it here and there, but only in a positive light. She's their mom, and I really cannot fault her for that. (Maybe I fault the wisdom of even appearing on a show like this if you don't want your kids discussed on the interwebs, but that is a side issue).

Yolanda really wears on me quite a bit --I find her to be more Martha Stewart than Martha Stewart in the judginess department  (why can't everyone get up at five to make muffins and pick lemons!), but I wouldn't be surprised if somehow, somewhere some private agreement was broken. Lisa may or may not think she did anything wrong, and she's either perplexed because that wasn't her intention or defensive because it kinda was and she's busted.

All complete guessing on my part.

• Love 6

And this would be in addition to any annoyance or hurt feelings that Yolanda would have about her illness being joked about/discussed glibly/called into question.

I like that word glibly. That's a great way to describe it. Not completely derogatory but definitely not without sting.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

I would also add that I have never heard Yolanda say anything about Lisa's kids -- and she probably could find a passive aggressive way to address the whatever problems they might have (being human, since we all have something). She could have very well said something on camera, like, and with a look of great concern on her face, "How is Max? How is he doing?", which is along the lines of what Lisa said, and Lisa might interpret that as more than just an inquiry into the general state of Max.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 6

I would also add that I have never heard Yolanda say anything about Lisa's kids -- and she probably could find a passive aggressive way to address the whatever problems they might have (being human, since we all have something). She could have very well said something on camera, like, and with a look of great concern on her face, "How is Max? How is he doing?", which is along the lines of what Lisa said, and Lisa might interpret that as more than just an inquiry into the general state of Max.

We don't know that Yolanda even knows Lisa/Kens kids as they are friends with Mohamed, not Yolanda.

• Love 6

I don't think that people saying nice things about Gigi getting a big modeling gig is the same as the allegation that Yo is lying about her kids being ill. 

Look, any of these people can bring up whatever they want, but I agree that when they do, they open themselves up for further speculation, gossip, and discussion among the other ladies and all of us watching at home. Yo certainly should have been aware that by bringing the non-Gigi's illness into her story, this topic would be discussed. She cannot be dumb enough to believe that since a large part of the viewing audience, her co-stars, and by her own admission members of her own family had doubts, that this topic would not be hotly discussed on the show. She should have understood the fact that it would be discussed, which doesn't negate the fact that she has every right to be offended by some of the comments. Specifically one comment that seems to indicate that she is a big fat liar (and I think that she is). Even though she should have known folks might have questions, I don't think she ever thought that LVP would reveal something so private. Brandi maybe, but not LVP. 

This situation is very similar to the one that Kyle faces as well.  She wants to talk about Kim, because it is an issue in her life. Does she make it more than it really is on the show to get sympathy? I don't think so, but that has certainly been the allegation almost from the beginning. Unlike others, I don't believe that Kyle is dumb - not at all. She has to know this will bring criticism, yet she brings up Kim and her issues because it is a part of her life. Even though she had to understand that in doing so she is making the topic fodder for discussion among the gals on the show. That still doesn't make her wrong for feeling hurt or offended by the way people were discussing it. It didn't mean that she had to be OK with Lisar trashing her sister all the time, even if everything that Lisar was saying was 100% accurate. Even if Kyle agrees completely with everything that Lisar was saying.

How would LVP have known had she not asked Mohamed?  Mohamed is a parent as well, if it were so guarded why answer or say only Yolanda has Lyme Disease.  LVP asking a fairly innocuous question doesn't mean she can control the outcome.

Let's bring up another Yolanda misrepresentation.  At the Season 4 Reunion, Yolanda claimed Gigi's was Sports Illustrated rookie of the year.   At the time the statement was filmed, the magazine had not been released and of course voting had not commenced.  Let's say LVP doesn't subscribe to Sports Illustrated and after learning of Yolanda's claim congratulated Mohamed on Gigi being the Rookie of the Year.  Had Mohamed answered her with-"no the voting has not occurred," would it be LVP's fault?  If LVP repeated on camera the voting had not yet occurred would that  be talking smack about Yolanda's kids?  I mean Yolanda said it, so any efforts to right her wrong are an attack on her children. 

Kim and Kyle situation vary wildly as   Kim was part of the show and not a child.  I would say the closest e heard to someone putting down a child's health issue was Kim claiming Alexia got the infection because she refused to take the antibiotics.  At some point, Kyle handled the situation well, because she threw back at Kim, about hurting a niece that loves her.  I think Kyle realizes when Kim is just seeing red and making no sense.

• Love 9

Please tell me that was a reference to the long-defunct Sorority Life!?  I was mildly obsessed with that show in the early 2000s.

It was! To this day I'm convinced Jordan had Jimmy Hoffa buried deep inside that crunchy gelled and sprayed mop of hair.

• Love 2

How would LVP have known had she not asked Mohamed?  Mohamed is a parent as well, if it were so guarded why answer or say only Yolanda has Lyme Disease.  LVP asking a fairly innocuous question doesn't mean she can control the outcome.

Let's bring up another Yolanda misrepresentation.  At the Season 4 Reunion, Yolanda claimed Gigi's was Sports Illustrated rookie of the year.   At the time the statement was filmed, the magazine had not been released and of course voting had not commenced.  Let's say LVP doesn't subscribe to Sports Illustrated and after learning of Yolanda's claim congratulated Mohamed on Gigi being the Rookie of the Year.  Had Mohamed answered her with-"no the voting has not occurred," would it be LVP's fault?  If LVP repeated on camera the voting had not yet occurred would that  be talking smack about Yolanda's kids?  I mean Yolanda said it, so any efforts to right her wrong are an attack on her children. 

Kim and Kyle situation vary wildly as   Kim was part of the show and not a child.  I would say the closest e heard to someone putting down a child's health issue was Kim claiming Alexia got the infection because she refused to take the antibiotics.  At some point, Kyle handled the situation well, because she threw back at Kim, about hurting a niece that loves her.  I think Kyle realizes when Kim is just seeing red and making no sense.

I agree that there was nothing wrong with LVP asking the question. As I have said before, I would have been on the phone with Mo about 5 minutes after Yo dropped her little bombshell. 

The fact that she asked the question isn't a problem (except probably to Yolanda). The problem is that she gave the answer. 

My comparing the Kim/Kyle situation to Yo's isn't necessarily about the children. It is about the notion that Yo brought it up, so what does she expect? The notion that since she is talking about something, she should just be OK with others talking about it as well. Many people have expressed the opinion that Yo is the one to introduce the topic, so she has no reason to bitch when others look deeper at the issue. I think that Yo is beyond ridiculous with her assertion that anyone was going after her kids. No one was going after her kids in any manner, and if I were LVP I would be offended at that idea. I still understand why hearing that over a lunch that she didn't attend, someone made mention of the fact that her ex-husband was telling people her kids weren't really ill would bug. The thing is that she is making the wrong case: making it sound like an attack on her kids, when she should be making it about the fact that these people are speculating as to the fact that she is lying about her illness to an extent that she is willing to bring her own kids into it. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

I agree that there was nothing wrong with LVP asking the question. As I have said before, I would have been on the phone with Mo about 5 minutes after Yo dropped her little bombshell. 

The fact that she asked the question isn't a problem (except probably to Yolanda). The problem is that she gave the answer. 

My comparing the Kim/Kyle situation to Yo's isn't necessarily about the children. It is about the notion that Yo brought it up, so what does she expect? The notion that since she is talking about something, she should just be OK with others talking about it as well. Many people have expressed the opinion that Yo is the one to introduce the topic, so she has no reason to bitch when others look deeper at the issue. I think that Yo is beyond ridiculous with her assertion that anyone was going after her kids. No one was going after her kids in any manner, and if I were LVP I would be offended at that idea. I still understand why hearing that over a lunch that she didn't attend, someone made mention of the fact that her ex-husband was telling people her kids weren't really ill would bug. The thing is that she is making the wrong case: making it sound like an attack on her kids, when she should be making it about the fact that these people are speculating as to the fact that she is lying about her illness to an extent that she is willing to bring her own kids into it. 

Kyle has said that she understands that others need/want to discuss Kim, she just doesn't want them to talk to/question her about Kim but they can do it amongst themselves if they want, just don't do around her. Yolanda doesn't want to discuss anything about her illness or her kids illness, she has shut down every legit question that both LisaV and Kyle have asked her and none of them have called Yolanda a liar about her claim of LD, none of them.

• Love 8

Exactly.  it is not about her children's journey it is always about Yolanda.

Personally, my guess is the kids would just as soon not have had their mother put it out there they have Malibu Lyme Disease and tweet and Instagram about their medications.  I can see it is a built life raft if her kids don't succeed at something but it is really messed up to make up a disease and make it sound as if they had to overcome so much.  Let's face the reason these kids are in modeling is the world is turned on right now by celebumodels.  

• Love 9

I don't think LVP was saying anything negative about the kids, even in her reveal of what Mohamed said off camera. At the time only Yolanda was claiming the children had Lyme. Bella had not yet claimed to have it publicly, and to my knowledge Anwar still hasn't publicly said he has it. I think that if Bella had already done her interview where she claimed to have Lyme LVP would never have revealed that Mohamed said she and Anwar didn't. She meant only to discredit Yolanda, not the kids. Inadvertently, though, she did end up discrediting the kids because Bella came out later and said she has Lyme, and since Anwar hasn't denied it (to my knowledge) it seems he either wants the world to believe he has it (most likely to support his mother) or he actually does believe he has it. I still think LVP made an error in judgment when she answered Kyle's question the way she did since it obviously put Mohamed in an awkward position, however, I'm not convinced it was a calculated move. She did seem rather uncomfortable with the conversation and did try to shut it down.

• Love 8

Lisa is my favorite HW on the show, but she is English, and there is an English art of saying something that sounds like a compliment but isn't.  (If you've ever experienced it, you'll know what I mean).

• Love 3
She [Yolanda] couldn't make the public see the truth about LVP in S4.

"The​" truth according to whose criteria, Yolanda's? Because hers isn't absolute nor universal.

• Love 9

Mohamed moved to the United States while a minor.  Again, I think it is entirely possible Mohamed was trying to explain his level of friendship rather than a official designation.  I don't doubt they could have met in Europe, I just don't see a really close friendship between the two 30 years ago.

Here is a Bravo history of Mohamed:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/12-things-you-didnt-know-about-mohamed-hadid  Sounds like the closest he lived to the T

Mohammed was in Northern Virginia 30 years ago building ugly mansions on postage stamp sized lots that mortified the community. Now therey are everywhere but in the late 80s they were considered  eyesores.

• Love 5

Mohammed was in Northern Virginia 30 years ago building ugly mansions on postage stamp sized lots that mortified the community. Now therey are everywhere but in the late 80s they were considered eyesores.

Back in the late eighties and early nineties he was doing office buildings and hotels.

He said fine and apparently, added only Yolanda had Lyme disease.

Mohamed is a parent as well, if it were so guarded why answer or say only Yolanda has Lyme Disease. 

If we're all going to talk in absolutes about Yo, her kids, her disease, etc., here's mine: 

LVP made up the part about Mohamed saying only Yolanda had Lyme. That's why she looked all 'hand in the cookie jar' after she said it  - because she was lying.   And that's why Mo is so pissed.  Because he never said that part. 

Mo saying that is an assumption, here.  He admittedly said 'fine' but Lisa's a big ol' lying Bobby Fisher about the rest and went too far.

• Love 6

If we're all going to talk in absolutes about Yo, her kids, her disease, etc., here's mine: 

LVP made up the part about Mohamed saying only Yolanda had Lyme. That's why she looked all 'hand in the cookie jar' after she said it  - because she was lying.   And that's why Mo is so pissed.  Because he never said that part. 

Mo saying that is an assumption, here.  He admittedly said 'fine' but Lisa's a big ol' lying Bobby Fisher about the rest and went too far.

Lisa definitely had a look on her face when she replied, "No" (to the what does Mo say question). I took it to be her "shit I have said something I shouldn't have" face, but maybe it was her lying face.

I wish I had some other instances where Lisa said something that was a definite lie so I could compare the facial expressions.

...And as I typed that I realized I should probably get a life.

• Love 5

Rinna is the most dangerous person on this show from any season and it's no surprise to me that's she was Kyle's friend for years beforehand. Of course we meet her on this show via Kyle. Ugh. 

This season Kyle has redeemed herself a bit with me but I'll always feel like manipulation etc. is lurking with her, she's just learned how to hide it better.

I totally agree.  Rinna has showed us her ass, figuratively and literally.  So has Kyle.  You don't have friends like Rinna and Faye and her other pole sister without having a low bar, yourself.  Even though I think Season 1 Camille is the real Camille, she was right on the money when she called Kyle 'pernicious' and Faye morally corrupt.

That said, Camille is now buds with the two of them (Rinna, too?) so birds of a feather and all that....

• Love 6

I wish I had some other instances where Lisa said something that was a definite lie so I could compare the facial expressions.

...And as I typed that I realized I should probably get a life.

LOL.  I try to get a life but keep getting lured back here. PTV is my crack.

Another time I thought Pinky was totally telling a stinky was when she said she never saw the magazines at Brandi's house about Maurice.  BS

There is very little that any of them say that we can call a definite, without a shadow of a doubt, lie.  I mean, we can but that doesn't make it so.  Fortunately, this isn't a court of law or all our cases would be thrown out for lack of evidence.  That's why, for me, the reunions are so much fun because usually they shed a little more light on something that could be interpreted a hundred different ways during the season.

• Love 7

I agree with that.  I would not be at all surprised if these women had and off air agreement that the kids are not to be involved, and I imagine Yolanda (and she would have a case I think) feels that Lisa V broke that agreement.  (I am even starting to wonder if this is at the core of Erika's hate boner for LVP, because it seems weird and without cause otherwise.) And this would be in addition to any annoyance or hurt feelings that Yolanda would have about her illness being joked about/discussed glibly/called into question.

Yolanda does choose to bring her kids into it here and there, but only in a positive light. She's their mom, and I really cannot fault her for that. (Maybe I fault the wisdom of even appearing on a show like this if you don't want your kids discussed on the interwebs, but that is a side issue).

I see what you are saying - but considering that the main reason many of us think there is so much resentment against Yolanda is "4th wall" stuff that they can't mention, like her weaseling out of filming time, reunion questions, etc. with "I'm sick" excuses, while seeming in the pink of health when it's time to run a scavenger hunt or make a "Mauricio sandwich" - this bringing her kids into it seems more of the same.  "Yes, didn't you know 2 of my kids have it, or I would have ended my  miserable life long ago - now don't question me or talk about this, unless it's to mention what a fab mother I am and how dedicated to my poor sick children."  IMO that just creates more resentment for the same reasons that go unsaid - she portrays herself on camera in one way, and they have to follow her script or look like jerks because they are not allowed to mention what they think is really going on.

• Love 8

Thanks for finding and sharing that link notnowimbusy

Lisa Rinna having her Tom Cruise "look at where her career is" moment with Kim.... sigh. I was glad Kim held her own there and called Rinna out, calmly, on what she was doing.

Lisa Rinna is a mess of a human being and unashamedly cruel. I heard her project her issues (ie. not owning the mess she herself made) while walking Eileen out of that party. "We have to get you out of here" read to me as 'let's pretend this is your problem and i'll save you to deflect from all the crap I caused'. That's what Rinna was saying and doing with Eileen. They're both buried so deep in self denial and can't bear to face themselves they're not even catching each other projecting onto each other! That's funny! 

Noticed how Kyle never really defends her sister or speaks in support of her even. Nobody should speak to a loved family member that way but in Kyle's book, it seems that's ok. No wonder Kim doesn't trust Kyle. I'm amazed Kim showed up for anything on this season. Kyle just keeps putting her in compromising and hurtful situations. That's not a good sister, that's a toxic sister.

• Love 8

I see what you are saying - but considering that the main reason many of us think there is so much resentment against Yolanda is "4th wall" stuff that they can't mention, like her weaseling out of filming time, reunion questions, etc. with "I'm sick" excuses, while seeming in the pink of health when it's time to run a scavenger hunt or make a "Mauricio sandwich" - this bringing her kids into it seems more of the same.  

But which of the HWs resent Yolanda for the reasons you mention?  I haven't heard them say anything much.  I think that's all on us. LOL  As pissed off as the world is at at Yo, you'd think the HWs would be the ones REALLY pissed off at her - they're the ones who know her and work with her.  But they don't seem to be.  Except for that lunatic Rinna, who was enraged that Yo didn't show up for Erika's dinner.  Perhaps they don't want to break the 4th wall.  But these 'ladies' can certainly be passive aggressive, and still, not a lot of resentment detected.   

Both Kyle and LVP admit to talking about the instagram pictures.  They wondered if the kids were sick.  But Erika, Kathryn, Eileen have not said anything against Yo or indicated in any way that they don't have her back.  Maybe I'm forgetting some things?  Highly possible!  (I also missed about 4 or 5 epis.) But even in their social media or Bravo blogs they haven't mentioned any of the things we bag on Yolanda about - her weaseling out, the inconsistencies in some of her statements, how she treats the non-Gigis, etc. 

I don't see them holding much resentment toward her. Yo, Mo and Gigi seem to be the ones with the resentment toward them. On TV and IRL.  Maybe there's a good reason it's like that.

• Love 4

It wasn't a big deal, Yolanda put it on the table, LVP did the polite logical thing having heard it for the first time, and asked their father how they were doing.  He said fine and apparently, added only Yolanda had Lyme disease.  Yolanda can't run around and decide and preapprove conversations about her children.  She didn't eem to mind Brandi bringing up The Weeknd.  Would that have been inappropriate say if The Weeknd and Bella had split up? 

Asking a parent how their child is doing is not some huge breach of trust and had Yolanda not brought the subject up as her only reason for living it would have been a non-starter.  LVP wasn't discrediting their journey, she was asking how they were doing.

Exactly.  The whole world only knows that the non-Gigis (allegedly) have LD because Yolanda brought it up and shared it publicly.  Several times in several different ways.  I think it would be completely different if we only knew about it because we heard it from LisaV first.  But we didn't.  She didn't reveal something about someone else's children.   The whole damn planet had already heard it from the children's mother.  Complete with histrionics and craziness.  There was no reason to think it was something that Yolanda didn't want discussed, and millions of reasons to think that was exactly what she did want.   LisaV did not make the decision to speak about something that the children's mother felt should be off-limits.  The problem is that Yo thinks she can control what everyone says, and if they don't stick to her script, she gets all judgy and outraged and holier-than-thou.  

The bottom line for me is this:  If you don't want something talked about, then don't put it out there.  Don't talk about it on the show, don't tweet about it, don't orchestrate photos for Instagram.  Or maybe cut out just ONE of those things.  You can't saturate national television, twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with this kind of info about your children, and then be all outraged when people ask how those children are doing.   She seems to think she can have it both ways, when the reality is that no, you can't.

• Love 9

The whole world only knows that the non-Gigis (allegedly) have LD because Yolanda brought it up and shared it publicly.

But what if that was what Yolanda and the kids wanted and agreed to do?  To bring awareness or whatever dumb reason.  As an excuse for why Bella doesn't ride or drives drunk. Whatever. 

However, they weren't prepared for strangers and Yo's co-workers to question their illness the way they have.  Although they aren't the first Lyme patients that get  "Yeah, suuuuurrrrre you're sick.  You look so good.  How is it that you're functioning?" thrown in their face.

Maybe that's why Mo isn't furious with Yolanda as so many think he should be.  Maybe he was onboard with her and the kids bringing the kids' illnesses out of the closet.  They all told her to go ahead and wave those medical records around when people started to doubt them on TV.  Who knows.  There's more to this than meets the eye.

• Love 4

Great example!

That's your interpretation, and mine is the complete opposite.  I don't think LisaV made that up.  I think that's exactly what Mo did say.  I think she looked all "hand in the cookie jar" because she instantly realized that she had said too much, and that Mo's honest answer should have stayed between the two of them.  I don't believe at all that it was because she was lying.  I think it's because she knew she should not have revealed the truth.

• Love 8

But which of the HWs resent Yolanda for the reasons you mention?  I haven't heard them say anything much.  I think that's all on us. LOL  As pissed off as the world is at at Yo, you'd think the HWs would be the ones REALLY pissed off at her - they're the ones who know her and work with her.  But they don't seem to be.  Except for that lunatic Rinna, who was enraged that Yo didn't show up for Erika's dinner.  Perhaps they don't want to break the 4th wall.  But these 'ladies' can certainly be passive aggressive, and still, not a lot of resentment detected.   

Both Kyle and LVP admit to talking about the instagram pictures.  They wondered if the kids were sick.  But Erika, Kathryn, Eileen have not said anything against Yo or indicated in any way that they don't have her back.  Maybe I'm forgetting some things?  Highly possible!  (I also missed about 4 or 5 epis.) But even in their social media or Bravo blogs they haven't mentioned any of the things we bag on Yolanda about - her weaseling out, the inconsistencies in some of her statements, how she treats the non-Gigis, etc. 

I don't see them holding much resentment toward her. Yo, Mo and Gigi seem to be the ones with the resentment toward them. On TV and IRL.  Maybe there's a good reason it's like that.

I disagree. In the blog that Yolanda posted on her own web site, where she shared her entire email to Kyle, she does talk about missing events, special arrangements with production that allow her to miss these events if she doesn't feel up to them. That she gets to pick and choose what she attends because of her "illness". So even Yolanda feels/knows that it is a problem for the other women, at least some of them. Yolanda did delete that blog from her site and Bravo posted a sanitized version of it on their home site with the other HW blogs but it was copied and posted by several bloggers at their sites and it was posted here many pages back.

• Love 6

But what if that was what Yolanda and the kids wanted and agreed to do?  To bring awareness or whatever dumb reason.  As an excuse for why Bella doesn't ride or drives drunk. Whatever. 

That's fine.  I didn't mean that Yolanda shouldn't have announced that her kids have LD.  If that's what she wants to do, then of course she can go right ahead and do that.

My point was that she can't put it out there and then expect people not to talk about it.   Kyle & LisaV were both very surprised, since Yo said Bella & Anwar had been sick for years and they (especially LisaV, a close friend of the children's father) had never heard it mentioned before.  It seemed to come totally out of the blue, so they were curious.   Completely normal reaction.  Fans were skeptical because of all the bullshit & inconsistencies that came before that.  Again, completely normal reaction.

Yo can reveal whatever she wants, but she can't then say she doesn't want it talked about.  She clearly DOES want it talked about, but only if she gets to control what people say and how people say it.   If you put it out there, it's up for discussion - here on the forums, in the hills of Beverly, all over the internet, among her co-workers, and everywhere else.  If you want to be protective of your children (as I would, and as I imagine most of us here would), then you decide what you would like to keep private.  That way, it's not discussed.  Ultimately, of course it's her choice to make, but there are pros and cons that go along with that.

And if she had been more credible about her own situation up to that point, there would have been far less skepticism.  (I'm talking mostly about fans, as well as the HW's.)  It's arrogant of her to think that she can trip herself up in lie and after lie, and then not have people question what she says.  In this situation, as in many others, you reap what you sow.

• Love 6

That's fine.  I didn't mean that Yolanda shouldn't have announced that her kids have LD.  If that's what she wants to do, then of course she can go right ahead and do that.

My point was that she can't put it out there and then expect people not to talk about it.   Kyle & LisaV were both very surprised, since Yo said Bella & Anwar had been sick for years and they (especially LisaV, a close friend of the children's father) had never heard it mentioned before.

She probably wanted people to talk about it (for awareness, for famewhoreness, whatever) and you're right that she can't control HOW they talk about it once it's presented.  But I'll be honest, if I was sick and my kids were sick and soon after I'd divulged the info about my kids to friends, and those friends started saying it was fake or went to their father to confirm, I'd probably be pissed and defensive, too.  And start waving around their medical records.

That is, IF I was sick and only had 40, 50 or 60% brain function. If I was a mom in my right mind who, with my children's blessing, wanted to publically announce their illness (for awareness, or because it was inevitable it was going to be discovered soon anyway, whatever), I wouldn't CARE what anyone thought.  They wouldn't see medical records.  They'd see my middle finger and I'd go on my merry way stealing the show.

Wirewrap, I haven't read the unabridged version of Yo's email to Kyle yet, but I will tomorrow and comment.  I don't remember Kyle being nasty to Yo so maybe that will shed some light on it for me. 

• Love 3

Wirewrap, I haven't read the unabridged version of Yo's email to Kyle yet, but I will tomorrow and comment.  I don't remember Kyle being nasty to Yo so maybe that will shed some light on it for me. 

I didn't think Kyle was nasty to Yolanda at that lunch either but that was also the same lunch where Yolanda warned Kyle about things in her, Yolanda's, "vault" as well.

• Love 4

I disagree. In the blog that Yolanda posted on her own web site, where she shared her entire email to Kyle, she does talk about missing events, special arrangements with production that allow her to miss these events if she doesn't feel up to them. That she gets to pick and choose what she attends because of her "illness". So even Yolanda feels/knows that it is a problem for the other women, at least some of them. Yolanda did delete that blog from her site and Bravo posted a sanitized version of it on their home site with the other HW blogs but it was copied and posted by several bloggers at their sites and it was posted here many pages back.

Yes, that's exactly right.  There definitely have been several references to some unhappiness re Yo getting  to pick and choose when she'll show up and when she won't.  

That was also behind Lisar's upset re Yo's lunch with Brandi & Kim.  Yo knew that she was supposed to work (film at Erika's dinner) that night, but she apparently exhausted all of her energy earlier in the day, and that let her off the hook, although of course that's not what she said when she called Erika.  Most of us couldn't get away with that at our jobs, and the HW's generally can't either.  But Yo gets to pick and choose when she films and when she doesn't, and IMO her co-workers have every right to be bothered by that.  They've noticed a lot of inconsistencies in her stories and timelines, just as we have, and it's not fair that they don't have the "out" that she has, and which she uses to her advantage.   If Yo is faking her illness, exaggerating, or whatever, it annoys the hell out of me, but it doesn't impact my life.  It does impact the other HW's though, and that's where the resentment comes in. 

• Love 5

She probably wanted people to talk about it (for awareness, for famewhoreness, whatever) and you're right that she can't control HOW they talk about it once it's presented.  But I'll be honest, if I was sick and my kids were sick and soon after I'd divulged the info about my kids to friends, and those friends started saying it was fake or went to their father to confirm, I'd probably be pissed and defensive, too.  And start waving around their medical records.

That is, IF I was sick and only had 40, 50 or 60% brain function. If I was a mom in my right mind who, with my children's blessing, wanted to publically announce their illness (for awareness, or because it was inevitable it was going to be discovered soon anyway, whatever), I wouldn't CARE what anyone thought.  They wouldn't see medical records.  They'd see my middle finger and I'd go on my merry way stealing the show.

They didn't say it was fake.  They were surprised because Yolanda told Kyle in a way that seemed as if she thought Kyle already knew, and Kyle had never heard a word about it.  So she asked LisaV,  knowing that she & Mo are very close.  And LisaV had never heard a word about it either.  So she asked Mo, who is her friend.  Her very close friend, and not just her friend - their families are closely intertwined, and she has known his children since they were small.  I don't have a problem with her asking him.  I think that's completely understandable, and a normal thing to do.  It's far better to inquire about the health of a friend's children than not.

I do agree with you - I wouldn't care what anyone thought, either.  And there would be no grandstanding and waving of medical records.  That was overly dramatic and ridiculous, especially for someone who is allegedly so low on brain function and energy.  She should be channeling that energy into getting well, into her family, and into raising awareness.  If that's what she really wants to do.

• Love 5

I posted this on the LVP thread-  http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_rz5d3vwf/

So much for the Mohamed and LVP friendship ending.  Thanks for finding it Vicky.

Is this true?   http://www.inquisitr.com/2999006/rhobh-deleted-scenes-lisa-rinna-mocked-kim-richards-and-eileen-refused-to-stop-trashing-lisa-vanderpump-at-kyles-party/

I couldn't figure out why LR kept saying to ED "let met get you out of here", when there was nothing really going on.  This, if true, could explain it.

How rude was that of Rinna?  She used Kyle's party as a way to confront people then complained about the atmosphere.

• Love 5

19% brain function. Yo was only on 19% brain function. This is important so she won't have to bring out her medical records and that fancy tin-foil hat test that measures things like that.

• Love 8

I see what you are saying - but considering that the main reason many of us think there is so much resentment against Yolanda is "4th wall" stuff that they can't mention, like her weaseling out of filming time, reunion questions, etc. with "I'm sick" excuses, while seeming in the pink of health when it's time to run a scavenger hunt or make a "Mauricio sandwich" - this bringing her kids into it seems more of the same.  "Yes, didn't you know 2 of my kids have it, or I would have ended my  miserable life long ago - now don't question me or talk about this, unless it's to mention what a fab mother I am and how dedicated to my poor sick children."  IMO that just creates more resentment for the same reasons that go unsaid - she portrays herself on camera in one way, and they have to follow her script or look like jerks because they are not allowed to mention what they think is really going on.

Sure, it could be that, too. (I'm paid to speculate about these HWs -- not really, but OMG how awesome would that be!)

Lisa V is my fave, but I believe I have known people like her and, well, shenanigans.  Lisa knows well enough to choose her words carefully, and she does, hence the ambiguity of a statement like, "I thought you were going to bring Kyle into it". ("thought" = was worried that/expected).

Yolanda is not a fave of mine, she has a major superiority problem I think (even with her illness!) and huge expectations about people and frequently seems let down and disappointed by others.  I wouldn't be surprised if she expected Lisa and Kyle to stand up and yell, "How dare you even say the word Munchausen!" to Lisa Rinna, googler extraordinaire.  (I don't fault people for attempting to educate themselves ever, but Rinna's motives seemed much more than enlightenment).  

Ultimately, Yolanda's illness was called into question, her sanity was called into question, her integrity, etc, so I really can see why she'd feel pissed and betrayed by that. And once a person goes into that mode, it becomes much easier to feels stings and barbs, even where none were intended.  The other HWs, being people, and being on tv with their big tv egos, probably wondered why Yo got what they, and lots of the audience maybe,  perceived as special treatment.  I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

• Love 3

I have issues with Yolanda saying her kids are sick and then blaming the world for not recognizing how ill the really pretty are.  Well, I don't know about anyone else but Bella managed to get admitted to college and launch a successful modeling career, I consider her dashed Olympic hopes a ridiculous claim because Yolanda originally said it was because they could not afford the $400,000.00 for another horse.  If Mohamed Hadid can't afford a horse then that is one exclusive club trying out for the Olympics.  (I always wondered how Mohamed felt about Yolanda crying poor about the horse situation.)  Sometimes one does get tired or achy when trying to compete and complete these Herculean tasks.  It is called limits and it is not necessarily due to a disease.

Isn't entirely possible her kids just plain old get tired from keeping up a hectic schedule?  I find it ridiculous Yolanda thinks her kids have to excel at everything and when they don't it is because of Lyme Disease.  Maybe they are just human and dare I say average in some aspects of life.  Maybe Mohamed just doesn't buy the ridiculous claims and realizes there is more harm than good in saddling your child with a condition.

I was going to address the brain function but Higgins did it already.

Claiming certain disabilities or exaggerating symptoms in the name of raising awareness is just such a deplorable thing to do.  I feel for people who truly have PTLD and are trying to work and support a family and have suffered huge financial hits because they are unable to work.  Yolanda trying to work up sympathy because she can't bear putting on make-up, or missing an awards ceremony (for bringing awareness), or blaming the end of her daughter's equestrian pursuits on some made up version of Lyme Disease is unconscionable. 

Blaming LVP for talking about her kids is even dumber.  Yolanda loves to use that people doubt her Lyme Disease as a talking point at her Lyme Disease conventions.  She has even found others with the same claims, who when the rug comes out from under them, they decide they have had this insidious disease for decades and still managed to have all these major accomplishments-until they didn't.  Even more mysterious is how they symptoms disappear and they are cured when they get pregnant.  (Allie Hilfiger)

• Love 7

I love the reference about talking in absolutes. Nice one.