Type keyword(s) to search

16 And Pregnant - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This shouldn’t be our entertainment but damn if it isn’t anyway. Same old same old… Teen Dad who swears he’s going to be there for his kid like his parents weren’t there for him ....then he either quits his job right before the baby is born or doesn’t have one in the first place and starts hanging out with his friends all the time instead of helping to prepare. And then, within weeks of delivery, he’s nowhere to be seen. Predictable, yet so depressing.

On the plus side, I will give this girl’s Dad credit for being supportive even though he didn’t really want her to go through with the pregnancy. Madisyn (?) herself is pretty likable, too. 

That said,  I’m not above snarking on the church marquee they showed, which said something like “We live threw the blood of Jesus”. Oy.  

As soon as Madison said that the baby was due March 19th, I was like “Oh man. That kid was born right at the beginning of the pandemic.” 

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Love 7

What a tough place for this family to be in, living with other people.  I hope she gets an education,  or she'll likely be living in that tiny home, on other people's property,  struggling like hell, for a good portion of her life.  And since Christian wasn't around much anyway, he may as well have been working on the road.  Making money and not settling into an idle lifestyle.  That gets harder and harder to break as time goes on.  Baby Camille was super cute.  

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 1
On 4/6/2014 at 5:55 PM, Rhondinella said:

This is a place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from past seasons of the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Episodes from the current season all have their own individual threads.  Please take specific talk about them there.

I know this is from 2014, but are there going to be new episode threads opened?  Or will this now be the discussion place for all new 2020 episodes?  It looks like the entire 16 and Pregnant forum had been pretty much put to bed.  

• Love 2

I really did like Mackenzie and her father.  I was upset she dropped out of high school...too bad. She would have only had to go to that other school for like 4 weeks until schools shut down due to covid and she would have been able to do online class. 

BOY, that did not take long. She starts by saying to her dad that all her friends said that as soon as the baby is born Christian would leave her and her dad said prove them all wrong . well I don't even think they lasted two days before they started fighting but he was definitely gone by the end of the first week. I also think it was kind of stupid to quit the job he had until they had another one lined up. Yes this job meant he was out of town three out of four weeks but he was bringing in money they could have used and maybe that little bit of separation between them would have been a lot better then this permanent separation that seems to be happening between the two where neither of them have any money and they're both living off of somebody else's house land whatever.  Despite everything I really did like MacKenzie and her dad and the wonderful support system she seems to have found around her and at least she said that she was overwhelmed with motherhood very first day she got out of the hospital but at least you didn't use the word stressed out like every single other teen mom does especially the ones that have been followed for 10 years have absolutely no jobs at all have houses bigger than most can afford and it have popped out at least 1 or 2 more kids

• Love 3

I forgot how sad these stories are. I wish Madisen had listened to her father & eother had an abortion or given the baby up for adoption. She appeared to be inteliigent, with life goals & a decent support system. Yet that's all shot to shit now. Stuck in that tiny rent to own home with no income & no education. 

Was the woman with the toddler the wife of the missing teeth man? Or was she his daughter? Why did their house have no floors? Her dad said they'd been living with them for 7 years. Also, who lived in the larger house on the property? 

Finally, what a sad commentary on our medical system that someone employed full time has to pay $6k in advance for his daughter to give birth in a hospital. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Yet that's all shot to shit now. Stuck in that tiny rent to own home with no income & no education. 

Yes, and saying at the end that she had become more than she ever dreamed of. Um, you told us earlier that you dreamed of being a lawyer. I'm a lawyer with no kids, and I'm living a way better life than she is, not just materially but in terms of stability, freedom, a partner, etc. I wish she had taken her shot at making it out of Cletus Springs.

13 hours ago, eskimo said:

since Christian wasn't around much anyway, he may as well have been working on the road. 

Maddening, isn't it? Little Camille Victoria needed some good old-fashioned child support checks a lot more than she needed a second person getting up at night to make bottles. At least Madisen and Christian had shockingly good taste in classic names. I always expect crap like "Nevaeh" out of these teens.

2 hours ago, snarts said:

what a sad commentary on our medical system that someone employed full time has to pay $6k in advance for his daughter to give birth in a hospital. 

As soon as she said she'd been turned down for Medicaid, I was thinking, "Did everybody on that compound vote? Who for? Are you going to clue in to the fact that that's a big part of why you're in this mess?"

• Love 4

I forgot to mention the sign on the family compound to this effect: "No trespassing; I've got firearms and a backhoe."

I had two uncharitable thoughts: 1. How stoned would a burglar have to be to imagine that property had anything worth stealing? 2. It just has that "Jesus of Nazareth" ring to it, right? I guess the Gospel of Arkansas is the one where Jesus shot and buried the Philistines.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Love 4

Re: Rachelle, I get the parents are disappointed, but they seem to be piling all the guilt on Rachelle when each of their daughters had unplanned pregnancies.  Maybe their approach to sex education wasn’t the best.

I did ffwd a lot because her voice sounded like a fly buzzing around and the word “like” every 2 seconds was a bit much.  At least she got to go back home.  Can’t believe they named the child Boston.

• Love 4

Holy crap that Chase was a dick. The ultrasound showed an unborn baby that did not 'look like me at all' so he thinks the baby isn't his and tells his brown eyed girlfriend that the baby 'had better have blue eyes when it comes out' like that is genetically likely to happen at all. And he declared that the unborn baby is 'fat'. He's an ignorant fool. Mr Gym Rat can't be having any fat unborn babies, nosiree. That is completely unacceptable. Skinny unborn babies, that's what you want. Jeez.

As for the name Boston, after his favorite team, of course he wanted that name. Because it is ALL about him.

He family is right -- he is a controlling dick and she better stand up for herself or better yet see his ass to the door and simply co-parent with that fool and nothing else.

I loved her parents, they were disappointed but their advice was sound and their love was unwavering. And her sister was great too.

But Chase continues to be manipulative and arrogant so I hope he either makes a drastic personality change or Rachelle sees the light and cuts her losses.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • Love 9

Lord, lord, lord. I can see why they chose Rachelle despite her being 19. The ultrasound tech observes that the baby looks like mom and Chase says "UNFORTUNATELY"? Ha ha what a funny joke for a depressed and insecure pregnant teen, you heartless shitstain. And then he has the gall to be so confused and wounded that she left? At least he was employed and actually showed an interest in being around his child. That alone puts him at like the 80th percentile of dads on this show.

I got the sense he was pretty disappointed to be having a girl. Maybe that's why he got to pick her name. Little Boston sure is adorable with her wee hairdos, though.

I get the parents are disappointed, but they seem to be piling all the guilt on Rachelle when each of their daughters had unplanned pregnancies.  Maybe their approach to sex education wasn’t the best.

No lie. If you wind up with three teen pregnancies out of four daughters, maybe YOU are doing something wrong, folks. Their plan for pregnancy prevention was to "give her everything"? Except Depo-Provera, apparently. 

Iris seems to have made quite a life for herself; she has a partner and happy-looking kids and a gorgeous house right up against the mountain, and real estate in L.A. is not cheap. I don't know what the parents had in mind for her -- maybe she was supposed to be Sonia Sotomayor -- but it doesn't look like she ended up as a teen mom nightmare scenario, by a long shot.

• Love 5

If my 18 year old daughter tried that shit with me (speaking of Maddie) I'd tell her some hard life truths and let her leave. I know that is hard to do but that girl is such a disrespectful entitled diva and her boyfriend is too. That he told her mom that she 'sucked dick for a living' because she had four kids with different fathers would put a nail in the coffin of any relationship on my end. Of course I wouldn't call his mom a crack whore either, so there's that little faux pax on her side. But of course Maddie only sees her mom as the one with the problem and her precious boyfriend is just misunderstood and acting as anyone would.  I honestly hated both teenagers.  The boyfriend's mom was cool, though. I think the moms could probably get along if their kids weren't such little shits.

I wouldn't let them live together in my house in the first place. I don't know why so many of these parents think that getting a girl pregnant is all it takes to sponsor them living in your home together regardless of their attitude toward you and said home.  They act like it's perfectly natural that you are suddenly supporting a sullen teen who does nothing to contribute to the household and just sleeps and plays video games and complains. Oh hell no. I know they are young but respect me in my own damn house and do something to contribute, even if its just chores. 

If I never see either of these brats again it'll be too soon. Thanks for that, MTV.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

If my 18 year old daughter tried that shit with me (speaking of Maddie) I'd tell her some hard life truths and let her leave. I know that is hard to do but that girl is such a disrespectful entitled diva and her boyfriend is too. That he told her mom that she 'sucked dick for a living' because she had four kids with different fathers would put a nail in the coffin of any relationship on my end. Of course I wouldn't call his mom a crack whore either, so there's that little faux pax on her side. But of course Maddie only sees her mom as the one with the problem and her precious boyfriend is just misunderstood and acting as anyone would.  I honestly hated both teenagers.  The boyfriend's mom was cool, though. I think the moms could probably get along if their kids weren't such little shits.

I wouldn't let them live together in my house in the first place. I don't know why so many of these parents think that getting a girl pregnant is all it takes to sponsor them living in your home together regardless of their attitude toward you and said home.  They act like it's perfectly natural that you are suddenly supporting a sullen teen who does nothing to contribute to the household and just sleeps and plays video games and complains. Oh hell no. I know they are young but respect me in my own damn house and do something to contribute, even if its just chores. 

If I never see either of these brats again it'll be too soon. Thanks for that, MTV.

All of this, verbatim. What horrible brats they were!!

• Love 4

I hated EVERYBODY in this episode except baby Kaezleigh, and I hate her name with a burning passion. This is who's reproducing? That's a pretty sad picture of the human race. Korey's mom did the best she could, but let's get real: a family of three in the living room with Grandma in the bedroom is not a reasonable way to live in America. Madison's mom was terrible on a number of levels, AND she's right that Korey's not sticking around in the long term with his homely, uneducated, unmotivated girlfriend. And he has money to spare to smoke weed in somebody else's house? No thanks. The whole point of moving out of Korey's mom's place was for Madison to breastfeed in peace...and then she doesn't breastfeed. Great. It's all just a festival of suck.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

That he told her mom that she 'sucked dick for a living' because she had four kids with different fathers would put a nail in the coffin of any relationship on my end.

I caught that and thought "is the mom a prostitution whore? (RHONJ reference)"  Did they ever say what the mom's employment was?  I know she has a job because Madison mentioned that she was at work when she went into labor. 

Totally agree that everyone in this episode was highly unlikeable. 

• Love 3

Madison's mom was wearing scrubs at the meet-the-in-laws dinner, so I took her to be a nurse or related professional.

Whose giant McMansion served as the baby shower location? I figured that was Madison's mom's house, and was pretty impressed that she or one/more of her exes was that well off. I was thinking, hell, there's room for everyone in that palace and they can even stay out of each other's way. But then we saw a much more ordinary one-story brick house labeled as "Madison's mom's house," so the baby shower house was clearly not where they live.

• Love 2

In the beginning they said Maddie's mom was a nurse. 

I agree that Maddie's mom was not my favorite person but her objection paled in comparison to my feelings about the kids. They were awful. The only person I actually liked in this entire episode was the boyfriend's mom.  I think her decision-making was a bit off (in regards to letting/encouraging them to live in her tiny apartment), but she seemed like a nice person and I liked her.  I keep forgetting the boy's name but I hated them so much I refuse to go back and find out what it was.

• Love 3

Of course it was all Maddie's mom's fault that Korey (?) couldn't be around his baby all the time once she kicked him out.  Maddie is completely blind to the fact that Korey chose smoking weed around the house/having it in the house over continuing to live with his baby.  He knew what he was risking and he didn't care.  Then she called to see how he was holding up at whoever's house and he acted bummed, I bet it's hard as hell for him to sit around stoned all day playing video games.  My heart goes out to him.   He could have still been with his child and girlfriend if he really wanted to, he didn't. 

I know it's judgemental of me, but it annoyed the hell out of me the way she was screaming at the top of her lungs during labor.  I've had three babies and I know what it feels like, I also know that it is worse for some people than for others.  My labors weren't silent by any means, but that screeching was obnoxious as hell.  I think it was the most obnoxious out of all the teen mom's we've seen, ever. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I know it's judgemental of me, but it annoyed the hell out of me the way she was screaming at the top of her lungs during labor.  I've had three babies and I know what it feels like, I also know that it is worse for some people than for others.  My labors weren't silent by any means, but that screeching was obnoxious as hell.  I think it was the most obnoxious out of all the teen mom's we've seen, ever. 

Oh, I forgot about that. That bugged the shit outta me too. I had ten hours of undrugged back labor in a birthing center and kept calm because I practiced my Bradley breathing during the entire labor. I prepared to have a natural birth.  You have to prepare and practice techniques and then use them. In every scene I saw Maddie was doing absolutely nothing but laying there and letting it all happen with no participation from her whatsoever. It's like she just thought she would just lay there and it would all happen naturally and be okay without her making any plan or effort whatsoever.She started off like that at home and nothing changed at the center. If she wanted a natural birth (and I was pleasantly surprised because so far we've seen little of that desire in any teen mom in this franchise) then you have to do something to make it happen so it doesn't end up like hers did: out of control and flailing around like some woman giving birth in an old movie. Based on what we saw of Maddie's attitude in the episode she probably refused to listen to anyone who might have encouraged her to prepare herself and actually followed through.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

If she wanted a natural birth (and I was pleasantly surprised because so far we've seen little of that desire in any teen mom in this franchise)

100% agree. I keep going back to Leah`s sister Victoria giving birth a couple of weeks ago on Teen Mom 2. She got an epidural and seemingly had no pain and the baby just came out, and it was all over, no screaming, no sweating, nothing. I was shocked!  I have never had a baby so I always thought it would be like this chick`s labor  LOL 

• Love 3

You know if there were more fathers with shotguns there would be less smug older assholes knocking up teenage girls and acting like jerks to the girl's families and moving in and just being obnoxious and rude etc. I never thought I'd say that but I feel myself itching for a shotgun when watching this show lately.  These young men(boys) and the young women(girls) who defend them and swear at their moms absolutely disgust me.  And I don't care what the circumstances are none of these assholes would be living in my house with my daughter when their attitude is so disrespectful and rude. And I'm a friendly casual person but these guys are so far out of line in someone elses' house it makes my skin itch.

• Love 5

Can somebody please explain to me how in the world they got approved and got the money for a townhouse apartment. She said that she was only making $36 a day at her job and the boyfriend was unemployed due to covid-19 how did this happen? Help.

I have a strange feeling they did with a couple did last week which was used the unemployment checks to do it not realizing that the extra money they got at the beginning of stimulus/covid crisis  is a lot different by the end of the year and that the extra money didn't last. Once again 2 teenagers not thinking. yeah they can afford the apartment but I think that's as far as they thought. I bet you they put absolutely no thought into the electric bill the water bill diapers food Transportation you name it all they thought of was we can afford rent.

The only positive thing I think I can say about this episode is it leads this young man while he was rude no doubt about it was not addicted to playing video games

Edited by Poohbear617
  • Love 4

What I loved was this couple's petulant response to being asked to help out doing anything at all regarding chores around the house. The response was 'well, we're not the only ones who use dishes, we're not the only ones who use the bathroom...' as though that were any reason not to lift a finger to help. It's like they thought they were in a hotel with room and maid service.  If asked to vacuum the living room I'll bet the response would have been 'we're not the only ones who walk on the carpet!'.  Their immaturity and entitlement were annoying. They were much better than the last couple and the young man wasn't terrible or anything but their response to any rational suggestion by her mother was so unreasonable, like everything was her mom trying to 'control' them.

No, you shouldn't take a newborn to a party house and around a lot of other people, especially during a pandemic. No, you can't afford to live on your own with your current financial situation. No, these digs don't come with maid service and neither will your fabulous new townhome when you foolishly move out alone with a little baby and almost no income. I'll bet Camryn will be shocked when her boyfriend looks at her to do all the housework and says, 'I'm not the only one who uses the bathroom' as an excuse to do nothing to help.

You have a sixteen year old and an eighteen year old who think they are full grown because they popped out a baby and although they should be thanking the gods they have full family emotional and financial support they feel the need to get their own apartment and do it on their own. They have no idea how good they have it and how hard the life they have chosen will be.

• Love 6

The mother in this episode looked a lot like Betty Broderick, especially when her hair was tied back. I was surprised that the hospital did not allow her to be there for her minor daughter. She was right to ask what would happen if there some situation in which parent permission was needed. The time to make a call under those circumstances could make a difference. 

The smug, smirk face on the boyfriend (did they say his age?) would have landed him out the door if it was my house. Throw the guy out of your house if he does not do his share and practically laughs in your face when you "ask" him to do so. Draw up an agreement that everyone signs and hold them to it and enforce whatever consequences if they don't fill their end of the bargain.

They had no money, no wipes or anything "so we really need to have this baby shower." Yeah, that's preparedness for you. When Camryn said the order was lifted and they could return to work, the boyfriend said, "I lost my job due to covid," as if that was the only available job. He said nothing about looking for something else. He probably filed for and got unemployment plus the bonus money and since it was probably a lot more than he earned while working, that was the end of the job search. It was likely that these funds were used to secure that apartment. What I don't get is on what planet would a landlord approve renting a townhouse to two kids with one earning $36 a day with a newborn and the other on unemployment? What happens when UE runs out?

The way he said, "I'm not going to college," sounded like he thought that was the worst possible thing he could do. Someone should explain to him that deciding not to go to college means he will likely struggle forever to make ends meet.

Camryn seemed like a pretty together girl. Doing her schoolwork, working a job and not whining like so many others. I hope she continues to do well. 

• Love 4

Count me in with those who are close to 100% sure they were approved based on his unemployment checks.  They should have socked as much of that money away as possible for a rainy day while staying with her parents.  He could watch the baby and do the household chores while she goes to work and school.  That money is basically flushed down the toilet when the UE is gone and they can't afford to stay, and wind up back at her parents house anyway.  They might get a little extra time in the townhouse if their state has a moratorium on evictions, but then they'll have that bad credit from not paying the rent follow them around until Sadie is a couple of years into elementary school. 

And speaking of the household chores, her parents should have pointed out that they ARE the only ones who buy the food, pay the utilities, cook the food, etc.  And then maybe go as far as to stop cooking enough for them if they don't help cut the veggies because, after all, the parents aren't the only ones who are going to eat the dinner.  Missed opportunity to make a point there.  But I suppose they are learning about household chores now.

• Love 5

Mr. Cam's smirk and eyeroll were intolerable. That said, this is one of the only dads in the history of the show who related to his infant like a parent. He was both tender and playful. I mean, think about how many times we've seen a dad acting emotionally attached to babies. Essentially never? Maybe Corey in the Leah episode way back when. We heard zero complaints from Lady Cam about him refusing to get up at 2 AM or change diapers, and since this show likes to play up disappointment, that suggests he's actually pulling his weight in hands-on parenting (if not in providing or in household chores).

Also, IMHO, Lady Cam did not wear the baby weight well and was way less attractive with that pudge in her face, and we didn't see Mr. Cam calling her a fat stretch-marked bitch or insinuating that Sadie isn't his because she resembles Lady Cam (and does she ever). They even gave her a lovely classic name. It's pitiful that all this makes him a top-5% 16&P dad, but it does.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Mr. Cam's smirk and eyeroll were intolerable. That said, this is one of the only dads in the history of the show who related to his infant like a parent. He was both tender and playful. I mean, think about how many times we've seen a dad acting emotionally attached to babies. Essentially never? Maybe Corey in the Leah episode way back when. We heard zero complaints from Lady Cam about him refusing to get up at 2 AM or change diapers, and since this show likes to play up disappointment, that suggests he's actually pulling his weight in hands-on parenting (if not in providing or in household chores).

Also, IMHO, Lady Cam did not wear the baby weight well and was way less attractive with that pudge in her face, and we didn't see Mr. Cam calling her a fat strech-marked bitch or insinuating that Sadie isn't his because she resembles Lady Cam (and does she ever). They even gave her a lovely classic name. It's pitiful that all this makes him a top-5% 16&P dad, but it does.

You are absolutely right with all of this. 

• Love 3

Not much to say about the latest episode except baby daddy's anger issue will no doubt land him in prison somewhere down the line. 

And, can we PLEASE! PRETTY! PLEASE! stop with the Jersey Shore Vacation ads???  The more I see, the LESS I would ever, in a million hot burning 2020 years, watch that cr@p, and that's coming from someone who watches 16 & Pregnant!!!

• Love 6
On 10/28/2020 at 8:15 PM, configdotsys said:

What I don't get is on what planet would a landlord approve renting a townhouse to two kids with one earning $36 a day with a newborn and the other on unemployment?

I couldn't believe that.  Like, literally couldn't believe it.  There had to be some show shenanigans going on. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Not much to say about the latest episode except baby daddy's anger issue will no doubt land him in prison somewhere down the line. 

I just put it on now and the boyfriend who got into it with his mother, punched a hole in the wall and was sent to chill at his uncle's house recorded himself in front of not one, but two punch holes on the wall at uncle's. Should be an interesting episode.

Updated: Wow. This guy is scary. I hope Kash stays far away from him. She will be safest when he is in jail.

Generally speaking, it's one thing to get angry when provoked in some way. Having an argument that gets out of control, or not getting something you want. But separating baby clothes? After a nice party where you got all sorts of lovely things for your baby that will arrive soon? Throwing the clothes and fuming over where to put them in a pile? And then hitting Kash on the head with the Amazon box? This dude has serious issues and Kash is tied to him for the next 21 years...

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 4

I would just like once to hear friends and relatives, especially mothers, tell these girls that it is they who deserve so much more than the out of control, controlling, angry, toddler-boys that they are mooning over.  That they do not have to put up with this, that they are beautiful, intelligent young women who can have a different future.

Sometimes they will tell them it is bad for 'babies' to be around fighting but rarely do they lay it out for them that this is their future and the future of their children: tiptoeing around an angry control freak who will torture them and their kids.  This is the childhood they are consigning their baby and future other children to. Usually they are either silent or keep their mouths shut. It's frustrating.

It was good to see Kash break up with her angry toddler boyfriend. He seemed very upset and broken by her final (I hope) decision and maybe it will prompt him to grow up and get some anger management.  My teenage son would become frustrated and furious with me and punch a wall in his bedroom. Unfortunately (or fortunately) for him it was an old fashioned plaster wall and the only thing that ever broke was his hand. The third time I had to take him to emergency to cast a Colles fracture in that hand I told him jokingly that if he did it again we were going to amputate it.  He rolled his eyes but he didn't do that any more.  After that he learned how to channel his frustration more constructively and he hit twenty as a more mature and calm young man and he's great now in his thirties.  But in his teens I was worried. So perhaps Kash's boyfriend will learn from this and mature and change too. But she was right to break up with him now. Nobody should put up with that in a significant other.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I would just like once to hear friends and relatives, especially mothers, tell these girls that it is they who deserve so much more than the out of control, controlling, angry, toddler-boys that they are mooning over. 

I would like to hear Kash's grandma, etc., say to Kash: "See that smashed windshield? Next time that's going to be your head, or your baby's head. Is that all right with you?" Then I'd like to see Grandma and Mom take out their own restraining orders against him irrespective of Kash's decision on that point. "You can see him if you want to, Kash, but he committed a felony at my house, and he can't come around here ever again." I couldn't believe that they were talking about him "acting like a child" and needing to "grow up." I've never known a child who smashed a brick through a windshield, and ones that do need to be in residential treatment for everyone's safety.

hitting Kash on the head with the Amazon box?

Right? That was domestic violence right then and there. He was just testing to see whether she'd object to being hit gently. She let him get away with it, so he knew he was good to scale it up.

Grandma Kash was all of us when Kash said "I thought he'd pull out," and Grandma did the "Oo, oo, ooh" that means, "Oh, you poor stupid child."

I think this was the first episode we've seen that was entirely staged and shot by the cast, and a few scenes in, I forgot that it was homemade. Maybe MTV can save some money on camera people, because it worked fine for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Little Nova is gorgeous...not excited about the name.  Loved grandma.  I agree, they did a good job filming.  Nate really needs to get some help before he does end up in prison or worse.  His behavior is inexcusable but I hate to see future trouble for him.  I was saddened when her mom said she broke the cycle because, no, she didn’t.

Instead of the stupid MTV It’s Your Sex Life blah blah blah and Jersey Shore Vacation ads, I want to see Planned Parenthood promos. Make an appointment, learn how your body works, get medical care, get protection...ugh!  It’s maddening because it’s all avoidable.

• Love 4

No lie, I loved Kali and Auston and both their families.  And her parents treated Auston like he was their own kid and looked out for him too in spite of Kali's overdependence on him.  I kept thinking that if she doesn't loosen up a little she's going to lose him. But she finally stepped up and let him go home at last.

This was the first set of families that I truly wanted to be friends with.

Points for new mom Kali wearing a Virginity Rocks hoodie.  😀

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Well, that was a departure. I am actually rooting for these two to end up together. As usual, it seems absurd for parents to focus on the propriety of 15-year-olds living together when they are PARENTING THEIR CHILD, but those kids needed space for reasons having nothing to do with sex. Kali can't go through life with Auston as the only method she has for coping with her anxiety.

I wondered how Kali's parents ended up with such a nice middle-class life. Even in LaPorte, IN, that was a really nice house on pretty hilltop property. Some FB stalking suggests that her dad went to trade school and became a union carpenter. Nicely done, Dad Kali. The parents also run an Herbalife/nutrition storefront.

There are not a lot of Austons out there. Teen girls, do not try this at home!

• Love 7

Just popped over to say how refreshing this was to watch. Auston proved that not every teenage boy is a horn dog prick to their pregnant girlfriend. I really liked all the levelheadedness of all the people on the show. No one was cursing anyone out. The talk that Auston had with his grandfather was firm and to the point and very no nonsense and ended with a hug. Even his grandma was explaining nicely why they needed space from each other. No one hated the other's family for making them a grandparent at a young age. The maturity of both teen parents was amazing.

Kali's father came across as a bit of a hot head but you could tell he was genuinely remorseful for his assholery at 18 and has nothing but love for his family. That takes a lot. That he told Auston how proud he was of him was a really big deal. 

I hope these two make it. This was such a nice episode of this show. I never thought I'd say that about a show in which 15 year olds became parents. 

Edited by configdotsys
I can't spell.
  • Love 7
On 11/18/2020 at 6:23 PM, configdotsys said:

The maturity of both teen parents was amazing.

And the fact that they're among the youngest parents on any of the 16 and Pregnant shows of all time, is extra exceptional.  I hope they don't get ruined by a future Teen Mom series and the free money that comes along with it. 

• Love 5

New episode: Selena

Regarding Sean's mom's trigeminal neuralgia. When I was a little girl I saw an episode of Ben Casey where a woman had this same condition and was forced to choose between cutting the nerve and having her face go permanently slack or living with it and having pain that could cause her to finally commit suicide. And I remember thinking right then and there that I needed to make sure I never got that condition and my entire life I have from time to time continued to worry about that, needing to make sure somehow that I never came down with that condition. So when she said suicide was one of her possibilities I felt terrible for her and was also alarmed that in fifty plus years that is still the option for people with that condition. It is so scary to me.

As for Selena and Sean: why the hell do all these parents decide to let the boyfriend move in with them?  Now you have two sixteen year olds under your roof acting all grown when they are not. And here is another boyfriend who 'doesn't like being told what to do'. Tough shit. Try that in my house and see where that gets you not-even-my-own-kid.

I may be a little tetchy tonight.

• Love 5

Damn, they started off with a bang this season, didn't they? 

Ricky was holding TWO newborns during one of the conversations; clearly anything goes in that house. It didn't look like the house had more than 4 bedrooms. How in the world did they make room for 18 people to sleep?! And that was before either of those newborns came home!

Did you catch Sean's concern about the possibility of having a "boy doctor"? Selena said "I know you're worried about that." That is some crazy control freak BS. How troubled do you have to be to stress about a male obstetrician looking at your girlfriend during labor?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Damn, they started off with a bang this season, didn't they? 

No shit! 

The whole thing was nothing but disaster after disaster, and then those caterpillar eyelashes during labor?  I can't think of a single positive thing in the whole episode.  Or actually, not a single neutral thing.  Everything was bad.

• Love 5

Imagine you are a kid who lives alone with his mom who is in severe unrelenting pain at all times and spends a lot of time isolating herself and talking about killing herself. That is your life.  We did not see any other support for him. If she does die, what happens to him? How horrible. How psychologically toxic to him at any age but especially as he is still not grown up and able to take care of himself. His personality is still in flux.

And your option is a house with your young girlfriend and new baby and almost twenty other people all talking and shouting and just nonstop interacting and with heavy expectations of you as 'the dad' to step up, etc. And not one time in this entire episode did anyone mention school or a reasonable future for either kid, just work and 'growing up' and being parents.  That kind of pressure on someone that young is unbelievable. I have real sympathy for the boy in this situation even though he is not stepping up and is being kind of an asshole half the time. Damn that whole situation is tragic all around.

Only girl doctors.  SMH.  Again, sooooo young. Sooooo ignorant and foolish. They had supportive families but in such a dysfunctional way. The entire thing gives me a headache. I truly truly hope that his mom finds some help and that the boy gets some relief from that enormous stress.

As for Selena, she has better familial support by default but her future is not good. That she has so many people who love her and her baby is a huge advantage though. But she is coming out of the gate looking at a hard life.

What is is with these girls and their 'we need to be a family I want my kid to have both parents even if it means being with a person who I don't like and who abuses me'? I just want to shake them. It is such a pervasive attitude. Like your kid is going to thank you for sticking with a biological father who is abusive to you and probably eventually to them as well. It's like they can't think past next week. At all.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

When I was a little girl I saw an episode of Ben Casey where a woman had this same condition

I love it that an episode of Ben Casey had such an impact.  But maybe this will ease your mind:

I looked up trigeminal neuralgia and followed a link to the Mayo Clinic site, with a success story about a surgery that gave some lady her life back.  Then I noticed at the bottom of the page that in addition to its mothership in Rochester, the Mayo Clinic has "major campuses" in Phoenix and Scottsdale.  I wonder if that's why Sean's mother moved there.  If so, maybe there's hope for her.  

I would say it's the only hope I see in any of this mess, but now that I think about it, is Sean's insistence on a woman doctor a sign of progress?  His reason for wanting one is ridiculous, of course, but not so long ago a lot of people wouldn't have wanted a woman doctor, and a lot of men might very well still feel that way.   So I'd have to know that Sean has no problem with a woman doctor for his own health care to declare progress, but at least there's a sliver of possibility.

• Love 2

As I watched this, I couldn't help but think about Selena's neighbors and what they must thing about a house where they have 20 people crammed inside and are most assuredly loud and have so many people coming and going.  The fight in the middle of the street?  Dear god, I am so glad they don't live near me.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Chellichik said:

As I watched this, I couldn't help but think about Selena's neighbors and what they must thing about a house where they have 20 people crammed inside and are most assuredly loud and have so many people coming and going. 

And the cars!  They must fill up the whole street.  I'd hate it if my neighbor always parked in front of my house.  I know I don't own that strip of street, but it would still piss me off.

• Love 3
On 3/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

actually, not a single neutral thing.  Everything was bad.

It’s good that Ricky was apparently supporting himself in his own household, and that he was still interested in loving and supporting Selena even though he’d been forced to raise her when he was only half grown.

It’s good that Sean’s mom said she was seeing someone at the Mayo Clinic, and she choked up talking about her granddaughter every morning making her want to live.

But those bright spots were few and far between. Those poor, poor children...the teens and the infants alike.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, IvySpice said:

It’s good that Sean’s mom said she was seeing someone at the Mayo Clinic, and she choked up talking about her granddaughter every morning making her want to live.

Oh, she said it was the Mayo Clinic?  I did some internet searching on her malady and the Mayo Clinic has a treatment for it, and has campuses in Phoenix, so I hoped that's what she was doing and why she'd moved to Arizona.  I could have saved a lot of effort if I'd just paid attention during the show.

On 3/19/2021 at 12:34 PM, jacksgirl said:

Had sympathy for Sean's mom. 

I had sympathy for her condition, but I wasn't thrilled by the way she was approaching those two kids hitting each other.  She seemed to be indicting Selena more vigorously than Sean, and maybe Selena does hit him, and maybe often, and maybe even more often than he hits her, but that doesn't absolve him one bit. 

• Love 3
On 3/16/2021 at 10:40 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

When I was a little girl I saw an episode of Ben Casey where a woman had this same condition

I also saw this 50-plus years ago and it also haunted me to where I still think of it occasionally!

• Love 1