Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters International - General Discussion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, BAForever said:

Never sure if what I'm watching on HHI is new or not. New Zealand to Cambodia. Nice Kiwi couple with 2 young boys- they definately picked the best house and seemed very likable, but I screamed at the TV when older son was sticking his head thru guard rails on boat trip. Neither parent had eyes directly on child. Makes me stabby.

New one for me.

Yeah the price savings seemed like a big deal for them, even though she found a job and said they have no money worries.

They're going from one of the highest cost of living places to one of the lowest, so I guess they were looking to reduce costs.

Few times I've been to Asia, you can go out to eat at local places spending a fraction of what you'd spend at Western-style restaurants.  Phnom Pehn probably has some of those but why would people spend more, especially when street food is one of the big draws?

But she did ask for an oven though didn't seem to insist on it.  Nor the pool for that matter.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The thing about the 'castle' house (and, no, it didn't look like a castle) was that it was actually two homes one of which they could have rented out so they would have ended up making money on the $1500 rent.

I liked that one the best, especially with the obvious sub-letting potential, but the one they chose was the closest to base so it made the most sense.  (I think they were renting, not buying, but they were going to be there for 4 years.)