Type keyword(s) to search

Would you want to see an episode dedicated to the status of the Morales family?

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had forgotten them too.

A whole episode?  No.  Maybe one or two scenes in an episode.  I guess it would be sort of interesting to see what happened. 

I'm interested in seeing how some of the really bad guys became so bad.  For example, was Negan always a maniac, even before the ZA, or did he just become one because of his circumstances? 

• Love 2

We got a full Morgan episode and TWO Govenor episodes, one episode on them would be fine espically if it leads to at least one of them rejoining the group.

I had forgotten them too.

A whole episode?  No.  Maybe one or two scenes in an episode.  I guess it would be sort of interesting to see what happened. 

I'm interested in seeing how some of the really bad guys became so bad.  For example, was Negan always a maniac, even before the ZA, or did he just become one because of his circumstances?

Funny enough the original showrunner wanted standalone episodes to explore the stores of minor characters (like the zombie in the tank, etc) which would've probably extended to the villains and maybe the main cast.

• Love 3

The fate of the Morales family would make an excellent web series, or a between-commercials series like the Flight 462 (?).  It'd be hilarious if they became part of the Saviors.

• Love 4

I'd hate to see emo misery and more death, but I'd be happy to see the Morales family again, especially if they all miraculously survived. I always liked Morales. It's a shame he, T-Dog and Jacqui were essentially treated as tokens. 

• Love 6

I'd hate to see emo misery and more death, but I'd be happy to see the Morales family again, especially if they all miraculously survived. I always liked Morales. It's a shame he, T-Dog and Jacqui were essentially treated as tokens.

I agree, except for Jacqui. I know she gets lots of love, but I think she was an awful actress with horrible line readings. "It's Jim y'all! He's bit!" And "I've wondered that myseeeeeelf." Re: Dale's watch winding. Yes I've watched season 1 way too many times. (RIP season 1)

• Love 2

As long as this stand-alone comes at a point where we're waiting to find out something dramatic, such as "Adventures in Cheese Making" while wondering what happened to Glenn, I'm all for it!  /s>

• Love 4

I voted yes.

Still mad that the Vatos folks didn't survive.

So if they did revisit the Morales family, I'd want them to reunite with The OG crew at another Commmunty of survivors.

Like ASZ or Hilltop.

Did they actually mention them not surviving? 

That bit with the dogs was my favourite part of the series, ever, I think. :) 

I would like to know what happened to the Morales family. I was going to say that it's a shame they didn't stay with the rest of them, but what am I thinking? The Governor, Termites, and now Negan. 

(edited)

Did they actually mention them not surviving?

There's a deleted scene on S2 dvd/blu releases.

Where Rick and the crew go back to the Nursing Home where the Vatos were

staying. They find everyone dead, many shot in the head.

Strongly implying that looters attacked the place, raided it and killed them.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 4

There's a deleted scene on S2 dvd/blu releases.

Where Rick and the crew go back to the Nursing Home where the Vatos were

staying. They find everyone dead, many shot in the head.

Strongly implying that looters attacked the place, raided it and killed them.

Since the good old Governor found Merle in HotLanta I always wondered if it was his crew that did that.

• Love 2

Awwh, hell no.  I really liked those Vatos folk.  So, I'm going to say that if they deleted the scene, it's not canon and that community is still out there clinging to life in the middle of the Zombie herd. 

I mean if the show can pretend that the CDC trip never happened so that Eugene's origin story is unchanged, then I can pretend that the Vatos are still doing the right thing.

• Love 8

With our luck, the powers that be would devote a 4-episode arc to the Morales family and at the worst possible time in the season. How about the first 4 episodes of next season, for example? Nobody would mind a longer hiatus, right? Eye roll.

• Love 6
(edited)

Awwh, hell no. I really liked those Vatos folk. So, I'm going to say that if they deleted the scene, it's not canon and that community is still out there clinging to life in the middle of the Zombie herd.

I mean if the show can pretend that the CDC trip never happened so that Eugene's origin story is unchanged, then I can pretend that the Vatos are still doing the right thing.

But isn't Eugene's origin story basically lying to Abe so he could have muscle to stay alive? Or am I missing/forgetting something key in his story? Edited by Skyfall
  • Love 1

If they succeed in making Negan the uber-villain we've been marching toward for seven seasons, I'm worried about where we'll have left to go from there.

It would be smart to drop back to the Morales family and segue their story into one of our existing community scenarios. 

We'd have a headstart on caring for them and the more characters developed to the point we're invested, the more tension there is that someone might make a fatal mistake.  I think fondly of the days when a primary character could be chomped and it caused a shockwave because there wasn't a national frenzy of social media buildup in advance.

But isn't Eugene's origin story basically living to Abe so he could have muscle to stay alive? Or am I missing/forgetting something key in his story?

Neither Glenn nor Rick challenge Eugene's story when they hear it.  Anyone who had spoken with the Doctor at the CDC would find Eugene's story instantly unbelievable, But Glenn goes along with it and seems to believe there is a chance it's true.

• Love 2
(edited)

Neither Glenn nor Rick challenge Eugene's story when they hear it. Anyone who had spoken with the Doctor at the CDC would find Eugene's story instantly unbelievable, But Glenn goes along with it and seems to believe there is a chance it's true.

Devil's advocate: The Doctor could've been lying (he wasn't in the most stable of mindset) and/or Eugene mayve known something the doctor didnt. Both are possible given what know and don't know. Now if we include the timeline of fear

(LA bombed)

plus what we know of ATL, then it becomes more impossible for the viewer to believe it but the characters would not have that knowledge.

Edited by Skyfall
  • Love 2

Neither Glenn nor Rick challenge Eugene's story when they hear it.  Anyone who had spoken with the Doctor at the CDC would find Eugene's story instantly unbelievable, But Glenn goes along with it and seems to believe there is a chance it's true.

CDC???

WTF are you talking about!?!?

I do not know this CeeDeeCee of which you speak.

Never before have mine ears heard such a clangor of dissonant syllables so strung together thusly....

(Yeah Darabont, we know, deal with it already....)

• Love 2

CDC???

WTF are you talking about!?!?

I do not know this CeeDeeCee of which you speak.

Never before have mine ears heard such a clangor of dissonant syllables so strung together thusly....

(Yeah Darabont, we know, deal with it already....)

see my post above - so long as the Vatos are still alive, I'm fine with the CDC blowing up before they got there ;)

Edited by rab01

I'd love to see if the Morales family made it to Birmingham and if they reunited with their family there.  That's how I picture them - living in a small sequestered community in Alabama, enjoying the fact that their kids are still alive.

Hey - I need SOME happy thoughts, right?

• Love 1

If the show really wanted to be smart, one or two surviving members of the family would turn up in one of these other groups they're introducing.  It would be an instant in into how these other groups came to be and what the mindset there is, and would possibly up the stakes for our longer term members of the group who actually remember these people and where they came from.  It would also be great to see how people who remember meek little Carol and "we don't kill the living" Rick bounce off of what they are now.

But that would be the show being smart.  Instead, they'd probably eat up the entire premier and the following two episodes with the adventures of Morales and armadillo farming in the apocalypse just to drag things out a little longer. 

• Love 1

It would also be great to see how people who remember meek little Carol and "we don't kill the living" Rick bounce off of what they are now.

The Morales family members have probably changed a lot in the time since they left Rick and the others. They might be very much in a "kill or be killed" or at least "trust but verify" mode. They may have lost and added "family" members as well. It would be interesting to see this done in a realistic way, but I wouldn't count on that! I'd also hate to see them bring in the Morales family just to kill them off one by one.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/11/2016 at 8:53 AM, rab01 said:

There's a lot of wishful thinking in that.  But I think also, that the two stories were not mutually exclusive.  Eugene's story was that he was part of the human genome project and then some crap about weaponizing something, whereas, Jenner was working on the communicability of the disease.  I think it's entirely plausible that the two projects would never have met or had knowledge of each other.  And then things went bad so quickly there was no one with a common knowledge of both who could put the pieces and the projects together.

Edited by smorbie
went comma crazy for a minute :)