Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I go back and forth, but I'm definitely down for her being killed. Don't think it'd be enough for me to like Spinelli for even a moment though. Maybe if Spinelli kills like her, Jason, Franco, Sonny, and Shawn then maybe I'd ease up on my hate!

replying in the spoiler thread.

I'd much rather watch Bradford/Spin than RP/Nathan.  I just find Nathan so freaking DULL.  Dude is so wooden, and he and Maxie are so utterly uninteresting to me.  I like Maxie but I ff their scenes.  At least BA can act.  And I know I am REALLY in the minority here but I don't even find RP all that hot.  I guess he's just not my type or something, or it's the lack of on screen talent or charisma.  That being said, Spin's dialogue does sometimes annoy the shit out of me, I hate any Jason Morgan worship, and Spin's whole passive aggressive "nice guy" schtick.  But (like another poster upthread) I liked seeing him again in the Portland scenes and his character didn't annoy me at all in them.  I do hope poor Ellie doesn't get trashed, though.  

• Love 4

At least BA can act.

Debatable!

I actually didn't hate Spinelli in the Portland scenes when he was with Nathan. I would even go as far as to say I found him fine. 

I just know this is gonna end up turning into a Nathan/Maxie/Spinelli triangle and that sounds like a version of hell to me.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

It's definitely gonna consist of Spinelli passive-aggressively whining that Maxie dared to sleep with someone really good-looking after he left and how he's sure it doesn't mean that she was unsatisfied with Jackal's humble looks all those years even though she pretended to be satiated on a spiritual and physical level and blah blah blah.

• Love 4

I just find Nathan so freaking DULL.  Dude is so wooden, and he and Maxie are so utterly uninteresting to me.  I like Maxie but I ff their scenes.

Detective Plywood needs to end up like Coop and Jessie. Preferably, Shawn tries to shoot Dr. O and hits Plywood instead. Dr.O is so devastated she kills herself and her body is dumped in the harbor. 

• Love 1

Well to be fair I don't think O. ever confirmed his dad as Victor Cassadine for the audience, just to Nathan and the other characters, so technically his paternity has never changed for us so far, heh.

Edited by ulkis
I do feel like Ron and company dialed back on the Spinelli speak, which was at least a relief to my ears.

Same here. It's a very particular way of talking, and I wonder if the main writer for Spin during the Guza reign was let go.

I liked Spinelli a lot in the beginning, grew to hate him when they amped up what they clearly thought was his brilliant hacker-speak which bears no resemblance to anyone in the real world and was way too cute and desperate to sound different (all the names for people? come on!), and really hated him when they turned him into this super-sanctimonious passive-aggressive douchebag who would always sniff at and judge Maxie or anyone who dared question Jason his daddy dom. That being said I always liked Bradford.

I think RC and FV actually made him much more palatable again - they severely toned down the Spinelli-speak and made him more of a relatable, decent human being, and once he got involved with Ellie he pretty much turned the corner on Maxie and treating her poorly, IMO. (Plus Maxie also treated him very poorly at times, especially in 2012.) I thought he made a conscious choice to be a more mature, healthier person with someone else and I admired that and liked him again. So of course, we're about to undo all that.

I said it before, but I think Nathan has got 18 months tops. They'll drag out a triangle with Spin, then let him drift with random women, then write him out.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

I liked Spinelli a lot in the beginning, grew to hate him when they amped up what they clearly thought was his brilliant hacker-speak which bears no resemblance to anyone in the real world and was way too cute and desperate to sound different (all the names for people? come on!)

Same. I remember some people saying "oh that is just what socially inept geeks sound like I know some in real life" and I was like "Noooo, nobody sounds like that. It's just the writers trying way way way too hard."

It's a very particular way of talking, and I wonder if the main writer for Spin during the Guza reign was let go.

I'm sure. I mean all the writers were let go, except Elizabeth Korte and Kate Hall, and she was only working for GH for a couple of months before Ron and Frank came (she started working on GH after AMC had been cancelled).

I think RC and FV actually made him much more palatable again - they severely toned down the Spinelli-speak and made him more of a relatable, decent human being, and once he got involved with Ellie he pretty much turned the corner on Maxie and treating her poorly, IMO. (Plus Maxie also treated him very poorly at times, especially in 2012.)

Oh, for sure. He just bugged me more even when Maxie treated him like shit because I think we were supposed to sympathize that the hot girl treated him like crap but he still nobly suffered for her or whatever and it was like no buddy. You know what she's like. Grow some guts and break it off completely. To be fair I do think he did do that at one point with JL's Maxie.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I had an equal amount of contempt for Maxie and Spinelli at certain times, or maybe it was just when the baby story kicked in. So much of that could have been avoided if she'd just leveled with his ass, and I put that all on her. I think Spinelli had treated her horribly in the past, but I also think Maxie makes her own chaos and did fuck with his head. I admired him for taking his leave from it, first emotionally then physically. But in the Guza years, when he used to lecture her with that weepy voice, oh, it was awful.

Oh, by the time the baby story came around, yeah, I don't blame him for anything that happened there. Except for his dumb ass assuming that Ellie definitely rejected him on their rooftop rendezvous that night.

I hated the writing for Spinelli around then because Mac and Felicia were constantly licking his boots.

Maybe Mac will be anti-Spinelli again since he approves of Nathan.

I wouldn't mind O. and Spinelli having a scene, I admit. But I want Obrecht to be repulsed and scared by him, heh. I don't want mean Obrecht and cowering Spinelli.

Edited by ulkis
It did lead to the classic line, "I got hit by a car while you were cheating on me!"

Poor Ellie. While I thought they made her a little too much like a female Spinelli at times, in general she was a breath of fresh air. She didn't take shit, she respected herself and her job, and she wasn't a drama queen.

• Love 6

Poor Ellie. While I thought they made her a little too much like a female Spinelli at times, in general she was a breath of fresh air. She didn't take shit, she respected herself and her job, and she wasn't a drama queen.

Plus, she loved a good soap wedding!

• Love 1

I would take Ellie back on the show on the GH staff, to be honest, even without Spinelli. It would be kind of innovative to bring back both halves of a couple, especially one where the new spouse was not necessarily a major fan fave. I can't think of many examples of that on daytime in the last 20 years; usually it's always 'oh, they're breaking/have broken up,' which is what I expect them to gradually do with poor Ellie offscreen. Bring her back, if you want to break them up, fine. But Emily Wilson could click with any number of people. I think she'd be kooky with Michael, potentially, or even a total opposites thing with meathead Morgan. Or maybe not. I don't know, I'm bored! It's not happening anyway.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
She seems to have a bit of power, though.

I don't know. It was depressing to read that she can joke around with the men and not get scolded, but when she and NLG start laughing, it gets shut down.

I also found this part kind of depressing:

MICHAEL: Did you ever throw your script down in the past? (Laughs)

KELLY: I didn’t have to, as I would have someone go talk to the powers-that-be for me, or on my behalf.  But we would speak together as a team, and whoever’s voice was bigger that’s who went to talk to the brass.

I'm pretty sure the person whose voice was bigger wasn't another woman.

• Love 5

I'm certainly not saying all the female problems in the workplace have been solved, lol, but she clearly has some clout when it comes to her character and story. And she's the female lead. Frank and Ron clearly adore and respect her.

I think they respect her as far as they respect any actor, which is only so far. I thought what she had to say about Becky Herbst not being used enough was very classy and very true.

I am with her on this:

I love that they are writing her smart, which I am even questioning going, “Wait, she’s not that smart!” (Laughs)  I am with everyone on that one, like, “Are you telling me Sam is smarter than Anna (Finola Hughes)?”  This bitch is smart insisting, “That guy is the one who took me hostage!”

Seriously, Sam jumping to that off one line and common expression makes no sense.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I don't know. It was depressing to read that she can joke around with the men and not get scolded, but when she and NLG start laughing, it gets shut down.

I also found this part kind of depressing:

I'm pretty sure the person whose voice was bigger wasn't another woman.

She is basically saying she needs most likely her male co-starts (aka Steve Burton) to fight any battles and go talk to people for her.

• Love 1

There is a TMZ story about the guy who played Cole on OLTL being arrested for DUI, and deltas a recent drug possession arrest. I always wondered why he the character was re-cast just to be quickly killed off on this show, and looking at his mugshot we finally have answer.

Poor kid, goes from having a regular acting gig to that . . .

She is basically saying she needs most likely her male co-starts (aka Steve Burton) to fight any battles and go talk to people for her.

Yeah, when she says they talk as a tea and the person with most clout goes to tptb on her behalf, I immediately thought they were male.

I didn't read it as her having sway. She's figured out how to get her concerns heard should she have any.

There is a TMZ story about the guy who played Cole on OLTL being arrested for DUI, and deltas a recent drug possession arrest. I always wondered why he the character was re-cast just to be quickly killed off on this show, and looking at his mugshot we finally have answer.

Poor kid, goes from having a regular acting gig to that . . .

The mug shot is unfortunate. The guy is not aging well in the least.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

I liked most of that interview, but I find it kind of disingenuous that, after she specifically mentions two different times that she went to Ron/Frank about wanting to play with JT and wanting them to hire BM so she could play with him, too, she tries to play the "I don't go to the higher ups, because they know what they're doing" card.  

• Love 4

I liked how KeMo totally talked around the question about whether Samtrick are forced.

Lol, it's clear she knows and just doesn't care. JT and KeMo wanted to work together after KMc and Stevie left and that was that.

Hilarious that JT was pitching this in the middle of Patrina. We see what you did there!

• Love 1

JT was literally dead in the eyes through Patrina. 

It was suitable for Patrick, he was mourning Robin still but going through the motion of moving on. I feel he was pressured into that disney relationship.

People say that he acts as if Robin doesn't exist now, I see it differently. It took him a long time but he's fully moved on from Robin, Scrubs never recaptured the love since Robin's return from the dead. The second and third exit killed it.

• Love 4

It kinda confirms for me what I think of her as an actress. Decent, can be good, but never really goes in to deep. I mean, it's GH, but it sounds like Jason Thompson is trying to find some sort of throughline and she's just like "whatever". Not blaming her again, just saying, it just cements what I thought of her acting style before this interview.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

It kinda confirms for me what I think of her as an actress. Decent, can be good, but never really goes in to deep. I mean, it's GH, but it sounds like Jason Thompson is trying to find some sort of throughline and she's just like "whatever". Not blaming her again, just saying, it just cements what I thought of her acting style before this interview.

You're kinder than I am.

It's not a matter of kindness. I honestly do not think she's a bad actress, but I don't think she's ever really gone as deep as she could, even in her early days. I never saw her on Port Charles.

Edited by ulkis