Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I even like(d) Lexi Ainsworth as Kristina (at least, Round 1 I did), but does anyone outside of soaps know who she is?! Why do this?

She did that bullying movie that's on Netflix but I doubt the teens that watched suddenly became super fans of hers and would buy this merchandise. Not sure how much money she expects to make.

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I even like(d) Lexi Ainsworth as Kristina (at least, Round 1 I did), but does anyone outside of soaps know who she is?! Why do this?

It could just be some sort of beginners attempt at a clothing line. Her being an actress may not have that much to do with it. 

11 minutes ago, UYI said:

It could just be some sort of beginners attempt at a clothing line. Her being an actress may not have that much to do with it. 

I'd agree if her own face wasn't plastered on the front of the apparel. Seems like a misguided way to garner publicity, to me. Points for trying, I guess?

• Love 2

So.... I stumbled across some stuff on SOD.   There was an article about SK, so I linked it to Nathan Varni.   Because it was funny.  Also,  CD has an interview where he says,  lol, that playing Michael has made him a better man.  He does call AJ Quartermaine Micheal 's father.   

I mean, on one hand, I do appreciate the challenge of writing twists in fiction when ever scrap of imagery and dialogue can be poured over the second it aired.

But I also think there's something to seeing a story through to a conclusion that makes sense, even if the twist has been theorized.  That's better than a twist coming out of nowhere and making no sense, i.e. Fluke not being Bill Eckert, Paul being the GH serial killer, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

It cracks me up that Ron was so annoyed people guessed that originally Fluke was going to be Bill Eckert. A lot of viewers have been watching the show for a long time. It really wasn't that great a leap. 

I think soaps in general aren't really the right genre for giant surprises, because you have to write not only for the regular viewers but also for the one who only checks in every so often to see what's going on. It's a juggling act to keep the story going and telling people what's already happened. I sympathize with that balance. But if you're going to write a story with a big twist, you can't drag it out for months on end, which is what happened with the Fluke story.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Vote now on whether the show's tentpole couple should murder someone! #eyeroll

We should be able to vote on every murder as liberally.  Of course Frank gets to have a million votes if the person is fat.  Jelly also gets to vote sparkle as is their standard vote for all stories. 

• Love 1

How come Ava doesn't get a chance to win? I'd gladly watch Ava destroying the hotel and Sonnybucks. And I'd happily watch her shoot either or both of them, too. 

• Love 12

I like MW a lot but I'd be perfectly happy to see her and Sonny take each other out in a hail of bullets. 

As far as Ava winning - she shot Connie and left her to bleed out, she framed AJ, intentionally manipulated Sonny into killing him and she was instrumental in Morgan's death. The only thing she's lost is physical custody of Avery

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

I like MW a lot but I'd be perfectly happy to see her and Sonny take each other out in a hail of bullets. 

Yeah, just because I don't want Ava killed doesn't mean this can't happen. But Sonny has to go too.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is so off topic but when I saw this article I just thought "Ron, is that you?" lol: Westworld writers beg fans to stop guessing the twists and forcing rewrites

22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, on one hand, I do appreciate the challenge of writing twists in fiction when ever scrap of imagery and dialogue can be poured over the second it aired.

But I also think there's something to seeing a story through to a conclusion that makes sense, even if the twist has been theorized.  That's better than a twist coming out of nowhere and making no sense, i.e. Fluke not being Bill Eckert, Paul being the GH serial killer, etc.

22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up that Ron was so annoyed people guessed that originally Fluke was going to be Bill Eckert. A lot of viewers have been watching the show for a long time. It really wasn't that great a leap. 

I think soaps in general aren't really the right genre for giant surprises, because you have to write not only for the regular viewers but also for the one who only checks in every so often to see what's going on. It's a juggling act to keep the story going and telling people what's already happened. I sympathize with that balance. But if you're going to write a story with a big twist, you can't drag it out for months on end, which is what happened with the Fluke story.

It's such an interesting conundrum. You want to engage the viewer, so you put on  this mystery and drop these clues. But if that's the type of writing you're engaging in, then you can't get upset that some of the viewers either stumble on the right answer or correctly put the pieces together. How can you not assume that will be the case? How belittling that is, otherwise.

Show runners need to have stronger stomachs when they see on the Internet that some fans  figured it out. Just because fans are putting out that theory, doesn't mean that most people buy into it.  And even if most fans do, most are still going to watch because they want the satisfaction of being proved right. So even if a writer loses that "ha, I fooled everyone!  But you never saw that coming!" moment of satisfaction, he should be complimenting himself on having a story well enough crafted that the clues correctly added up to the resolution.

I think that part of Ron's problem was that he wanted that moment of superiority over the fans rather than allowing the fans a moment of satisfaction. And when the twist is untwisted and never revealed because some people figured it out, then both sides wind up losers.

Keep in mind too that if Anthony Geary hadn't given away that the story was a originally about Bill Eckert, Ron would still be denying it to this day.  He'd still be claiming that "dark Luke" was his original intention all along. Because the man was that petty and insecure. 

20 hours ago, rur said:

How come Ava doesn't get a chance to win? I'd gladly watch Ava destroying the hotel and Sonnybucks. And I'd happily watch her shoot either or both of them, too. 

19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't want Ava killed for it, but messing with Morgan's meds was reprehensible, especially because the reason was so Lauren would break up with him. LAME. 

She's still on the show?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6

Lilly Melgar‏ @lillymelgar 15h15 hours ago
SO over @MauriceBenard being #snubbed .seriously?! One of the BEST EVER #MyMentor #MyInspiration I l❤️U Thx 4 stepping up the game always ??

Paula Benard‏ @Paulabenard33 13h13 hours ago
@lillymelgar @MauriceBenard I don't want to take away from anyone else But, system is definitely flawed #overlooked2manytimes

Maurice Benard @MauriceBenard 12h12 hours ago
@Paulabenard33 @lillymelgar stay out of it Paula you're too close to home❤

Paula Benard‏ @Paulabenard33 12h12 hours ago
@MauriceBenard @lillymelgar Sorry dear!!!Too much is Too much. It's just my opinion ☺️

Laura Wright‏ @lldubs 10h10 hours ago
@Paulabenard33 @MauriceBenard @lillymelgar I am right there with you !!!

It's nice of Laura Wright to pretend she is mad that MB has no nomination while she does. :whistle: 

I kid, I kid. Mostly, heh.

• Love 11

It's probably too much to ask that the lack of a nomination be a wakeup call to MB—he rarely seems connected to his scene partners or the material—but I wonder if he'll have a chat with Frank and the writers about future stories. The writing for Sonny is so dreary. (Of course, dreary writing is par for the course, but MB seems to have some clout to change that, at least as far as Sonny goes.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's probably too much to ask that the lack of a nomination be a wakeup call to MB—he rarely seems connected to his scene partners or the material—but I wonder if he'll have a chat with Frank and the writers about future stories. The writing for Sonny is so dreary. (Of course, dreary writing is par for the course, but MB seems to have some clout to change that, at least as far as Sonny goes.)

I think MB is trying, but he just doesn't have the stamina or the energy or what have you. I think the only thing that would help him is more rehearsal time and more than one take, and that's not happening except for the rare scene here or there.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
On 3/28/2017 at 9:32 AM, dubbel zout said:

You are so 100% correct about this. I'm in & out of all of the soaps that are left, but in the last several years, the only storyline that came as an utter shock to me (& I think a lot of viewers), was the B&B story of Maya being transgender. They carried on that story for months, with her little sister lording some sort of secret over her, but not saying what it was, until the Wednesday before the NCAA basketball tourney, which meant, no new show until Monday. It was jaw-dropping, because there had been no clues. That was the last major shock I can remember in soapdom. B&B is really good at keeping their storylines secret. Maybe the GH crew should take lessons.

Back to GH, I honestly can't think of anything shocking in the last 10 years. Once you hear an actor is leaving, you know there's a 94% chance they're leaving in a body bag, or presumed dead with no body. Plus, we also hear when an actor is returning, so we knew that SK's AJ was coming back from the dead, we knew BM was going to play Jasus, & we can all figure out that as soon as they get the money worked out, SB is coming back as the real Jasus, & we'll get some crock backstory on who BM really is. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nkotb said:

we can all figure out that as soon as they get the money worked out, SB is coming back as the real Jasus, & we'll get some crock backstory on who BM really is. 

I don't know about that. I don't think they'll want to risk fans getting pissed that Emily isn't really Jason's daughter. I think they would straight up re-cast and bring BM back as another character, if Sbu were coming back.

• Love 2

I probably mistyped, @ulkis. What I actually meant was that when they get the money ironed out, SB will come back as Jasus, come hell or high-water. I'm not sure where that will leave BM, but SB will be the priority, in my opinion. Blinking is hard work, yo, they need him back.

• Love 3

Lilly Melgar DOES know that Mo already has an Emmy, right? He won in 2003.

I mean, I know she left the show in 1996, but I think she would've already known he has one if she's still keeping up with the nominations at this point in time. 

Edited by UYI

So are they saying he deserves it for what, seniority? Because it sure as hell isn't for his acting. I think it's great karma that even though everyone in the damn town is forced to praise Sonny, that MB can't buy a nomination to save his life, even with only four soaps left.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't know about that. I don't think they'll want to risk fans getting pissed that Emily isn't really Jason's daughter. I think they would straight up re-cast and bring BM back as another character, if Sbu were coming back.

Maybe. Or maybe just have SBu as either Jason's real lost twin or as a fake. Or have BM be the lost twin. Play the field and see who has the best chemistry with whom. SBu with Becky or with Kelly. See what works. At least it would give the JaSam/Liz extended storylines a jolt and give everyone something to work with.

• Love 2

Maybe they're pals and the tone is just reading badly because of the character limit, but "Lilly Melgar stay out of it"? 

Agree with nkotb about the Burton deal. They'd land the bigger fish if they could, even though I don't think he would cause any spike in eyeballs, and if he did, it would be short-lived. It would either be a Roman-and-John redux (which would, indeed, suck if you care about the Jasam offspring) or they'd send Miller off for a while and have him come back as someone else. I don't see them "Claudia Zacchara-ing" Steve Burton.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Maybe they're pals and the tone is just reading badly because of the character limit, but "Lilly Melgar stay out of it"? 

Agree with nkotb about the Burton deal. They'd land the bigger fish if they could, even though I don't think he would cause any spike in eyeballs, and if he did, it would be short-lived. It would either be a Roman-and-John redux (which would, indeed, suck if you care about the Jasam offspring) or they'd send Miller off for a while and have him come back as someone else. I don't see them "Claudia Zacchara-ing" Steve Burton.  

I think he was talking to his wife, Paula. LM was tagged because Paula responded to her tweet, so MB was responding to that.

I do not believe for one second that SBu is coming back. He requires way too much money and won't move his family. FV let him walk already, and he is fixated on bringing over AMC/OLTL actors and characters. He wouldn't be able to do that with what I assume would be SBu's large salary demands. For what he would most likely have to pay SBu, he could prolly get 3 or 4 actors from those soaps. FV is nothing if not cheap.

And a great big ol 'FUCK No' to a new iteration of Sam/Jason/Liez. The horse is dead, let's do a round of Ave Maria and let the mother fucker rest in peace.

Edited by Badsamaritan
  • Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:33 AM, ulkis said:
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:22 AM, Artsda said:

They said 3 months in SID? Both times? 

Why don't they just come out and just say she's in a 90 day program? They're basically saying it.

I suppose because they could get into legal trouble.

HIPAA?

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, In2You said:

Since I know you guys love actors shilling products/services....

Lexi Ainsworth is selling tshirts and sweatshirts with her name on them.

https://lexiainsworth.com/

It's not Poop Julice, at least.

In other news: Kelly T has a leading acting gig, and Tamara is working with her. Yay!

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/news/49430/kelly-thiebaud-to-star-in-the-abduction-of-angie-with-tamara-braun

Edited by NutmegsDad
Merged two message, need to clarify
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Lucky or Matt, maybe? But the writing would still be garbage, so

9 hours ago, stlbf said:

Play the field and see who has the best chemistry with whom. SBu with Becky or with Kelly.

His best chemistry was never with either of those women. But that's none of my business....

• Love 3

I never suspected that ulkis was Brian Frons! 

I loved early Liason, 1999-2000. It took me completely by surprise at the time, how much they woke each other up. Neither had had anything very good to do for a while. But then it was diminishing returns. Various writing teams kept dithering and squandering, even when Burton was not coming and going from the show, which he often was. Brainwashed Lucky...Zander...Ric...Courtney...Sam...all those obstacles, and I just didn't have the heart to be a hardcore partisan after a while. It was like there was a moment for it to be great, and the moment got away. Both within the show's reality and outside of it.   

Similarly -- shocker -- at one time, even before Liason, I really wanted Nikolas and Elizabeth as a couple. I loved them in the aftermath of the fire. Then Tyler left, and I didn't want her anywhere near Coltin's version, romantically; they had no spark all. Then Tyler's version came back and they did it ten years after I had thought it was a good idea, and in the circumstances existing at that time, it was sordid and gross and made both characters look bad. 

General Hospital: A proud tradition of doing things late and badly! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

General Hospital: A proud tradition of doing things late and badly! 

I wasn't a fan, but I still can't believe they never did Liason romantically (for real) before Sam ever arrived.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, stlbf said:

Maybe. Or maybe just have SBu as either Jason's real lost twin or as a fake. Or have BM be the lost twin. Play the field and see who has the best chemistry with whom. SBu with Becky or with Kelly. See what works. At least it would give the JaSam/Liz extended storylines a jolt and give everyone something to work with.

The money, soapy story is BM is actually  playing Not Dead AJ.   Just the look on Carly/Sonny's faces would be worth suspending belief in the ages.  

• Love 6

Soaps In Depth ABC @soapsindepthabc

It doesn't bother me because I look at it as the reason she was never really GOOD at being in the mob.

Which was in response to this post:

I appreciate vulnerability, but it bothers me that "Ava Jerome" does not instill fear and respect in Port Charles.

and then MW's husband said:

Scott DeFreitas @scottdefreitas1

Be careful Dick. You're talking out of your ass. Want to check receipts? Ava Jerome was the BEST mobster. And more.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

First her son, and now her husband. These family members (not just Maura West) need to shut up, especially with the thinly veiled threats. And Faith Roscoe was the best mobster and Cynthia Preston is the better actress. Got to appreciate a woman that put a gun to Jason's head and was going to pull the trigger until she was interrupted. 

• Love 9