Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 12/18/2016 at 0:57 PM, dubbel zout said:

Ron must be beside himself that he can't write another Two Todds story. 

Aside from not wanting SB back because there are too many characters already, I can't get too worked up about it. BM hasn't been Jason to me, and the show's consistent refusal to have much comment on how his Jason is different doesn't help. However, I see days of crying for KeMo, and sobbing Sam is the worst Sam. Ugh.

I'd take SBu back only to reveal that Helena pulled the ultimate switch and BM is playing AJ.  Let him remember slowly and have Jason, Sam, AJ, Michael, and Tracy team up to take all of the businesses.  Let Monica have her sons and be happy.   

• Love 6
On 12/22/2016 at 3:18 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Heartfelt congratulations to KMc, especially considering her earlier heartbreak. May she have a happy, healthy pregnancy!

One of the few real life pregnancies I hope they write in to the story. She'll be off screen for most of it and Robin doesn't have baby rabies. The characters have been reunited for almost a year and it would make sense for two successful doctors in a stable marriage to have a second child. 

Of course this will be the one pregnancy they don't write into the story.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I'd take SBu back only to reveal that Helena pulled the ultimate switch and BM is playing AJ.  Let him remember slowly and have Jason, Sam, AJ, Michael, and Tracy team up to take all of the businesses.  Let Monica have her sons and be happy.   

Why? BM is too young as AJ is Jason's older brother and BM is nearly a decade younger than SBu and they had perfectly good AJs in BW and SK and threw both back with both hands. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Why? BM is too young as AJ is Jason's older brother and BM is nearly a decade younger than SBu and they had perfectly good AJs in BW and SK and threw both back with both hands. 

Yeah, but this is also the show that is telling us a three year old embryo is a grade schooler and a serial killer is employable at a hospital.  I'll take BM as AJ because he'd -  as a fan of SK I admit it-  might be better at the actual emotional heavyweight needed to play the role.   

• Love 3

I actually don't think BM would have been good as any recast. He obvs didn't take time to research his role as Jason, and TPTB gave him the freedom to "make it his own." Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't work when an actor completely strays from the original character, regardless of whether or not fans like it "better than the original". It's still not an accurate portrayal of who that character was. 

He either should have been a brand new character or sought an acting job elsewhere because another problem with Billy is he's been lazy on several occasions. I don't really mind it in a way, though, because 90% of the cast also suffers from lack of effort.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

He either should have been a brand new character or sought an acting job elsewhere because another problem with Billy is he's been lazy on several occasions. I don't really mind it in a way, though, because 90% of the cast also suffers from lack of effort.

+1

I have conflicting thoughts about the acting on this show. I will call out RoHo because I resent the fact that we're stuck with Freako because Ron and Frank were so desperate to keep his highly overrated self on the show, and RP because I think his acting is awful at all times. But for the most part I usually can't be bothered to care about bad acting because this show is just so horrific in every way. I mean, kudos to the actors who give decent/good/great performances, but they can only do so much. The show will still be gutter trash regardless. 

And honestly, kudos to the actors who sometimes entertain me with their bad acting. They do more to make the show entertaining than the writers do.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

kudos to the actors who sometimes entertain me with their bad acting.

Which is why I loved JVP's Carlos. He knew exactly what he was doing with his telenovela-style emoting. It worked for Carlos, IMO.

When RoHo goes all out with Franco, on the other hand, it doesn't work at all. A SERIAL KILLER should not be campy.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

When RoHo goes all out with Franco, on the other hand, it doesn't work at all. A SERIAL KILLER should not be campy.

Or constantly eating.  That quirk of RoHo's has gotten so annoying.

• Love 6

I don't care about Spin at all, and people shouldn't be shitty, but if he was supposed to film Monday and he backed out 3 days earlier because he got a better gig....that's not exactly great and I understand the recast now.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I don't blame him at all for booking better work than this crap show. He doesn't owe them anything. If they wanted him, they'd put him on contract (not that I think he should be contract at all, I don't). But people are already giving the recast shit for it too. Like get the hell over yourselves, psychos.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't blame him at all for booking better work than this crap show. He doesn't owe them anything. If they wanted him, they'd put him on contract (not that I think he should be contract at all, I don't). But people are already giving the recast shit for it too. Like get the hell over yourselves, psychos.

He agreed to do the episodes, regardless of the crappiness level of said show. 

That doesn't excuse his stans for being awful people.

The bottom line is, he has to provide for his family. Business decisions have to be made that might upset people, but no one else is going to pay to put food on the table. I guess that's just me.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

The bottom line is, he has to provide for his family. Business decisions have to be made that might upset people, but no one else is going to pay to put food on the table. I guess that's just me.

I'm not even thinking about it that way. He agreed to do something and then inconveniently backed out. That is all. It's a professionalism thing and that's how I looked at it. He can do whatever he wants, though, and it doesn't affect me. I'm not a Spin fan, regardless.

• Love 1

If he's only in a few episodes of Homeland I don't understand why GH couldn't have worked around his schedule. Don't they shoot scenes for multiple episodes in one day? I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that they film scenes out of order as well.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm not even thinking about it that way. He agreed to do something and then inconveniently backed out. That is all. It's a professionalism thing and that's how I looked at it. He can do whatever he wants, though, and it doesn't affect me. I'm not a Spin fan, regardless.

I get what you're saying, and if this were a decent show or at least had decent TPTB I would agree. I like Spin and BA and I have zero problems with this, and even if I weren't a fan I'm not going to fault any actor for inconveniencing these idiots by booking outside work. Jelly and Frank don't care about this show so I'm fine with the actors looking out for themselves. 

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Spin or BA is important enough to mess with the shooting schedule.

I wasn't talking about BA changing the shooting schedule. I thought the way the way they already filmed was beneficial to actors who wanted to do outside work. 

• Love 7

If BA changed his mind for something than another acting gig, I would think it was shitty, but it's business. The show knows the risks when it comes to recurring actors. I don't blame BA for backing out or the show recasting.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Spin or BA is important enough to mess with the shooting schedule.

Plus, by BA's own admission, he laid this on them extremely last minute.  He told them on Friday that he wouldn't be able to show up for the Monday taping he'd already agreed to do.  I'd imagine that, at that point, juggling the shooting schedule would possibly come with increased costs and/or increased difficulties for the rest of the cast (as they'd either have to go dark for the taping times or other cast members who weren't scheduled to tape that day would have to be pulled in to tape something they were scheduled to tape later in the week).  If he already had Homeland booked when they originally approached him about this stint, they would have been in a better position to accommodate his schedule.  

• Love 3

I feel sorry for Spin fans who were looking forward to seeing BA but I think BA made the right call. FV treats the GH actors like disposable pieces of crap and treats the show like a revolving door for RoHo and ME

• Love 11
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

He said they asked him to come back full time several times over the last couple of years and he declined. personally I'm thrilled that he turned them down because I hate the character.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It doesn't seem as if BA has burned any bridges by backing out at the last minute. I guess it's an acceptable practice?

Maybe not so much that as just by now BA has proven his goodwill. FV is petty but who know, I'm sure even he can go with the flow at times.

On 12/25/2016 at 6:52 PM, HeatLifer said:

I actually don't think BM would have been good as any recast. He obvs didn't take time to research his role as Jason, and TPTB gave him the freedom to "make it his own." Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't work when an actor completely strays from the original character, regardless of whether or not fans like it "better than the original". It's still not an accurate portrayal of who that character was. 

To be fair, I think that he probably didn't want to copy SBu's performance.  TSJ didn't study Roger on OLTL and he was initially a great recast.   It's the writing and direction.  They knew hiring him what his strengths were-  and he came in as a multiple Emmy winner-  Jason was a shit choice as a role.  IMO AJ or an unknown AJ son there to join forces with Tracy to take down Sonny and Carly business wise would've injected a lot of what this show needs.  GH doesn't need weepy Sam and boring Jason along with multiple other things.  Sonny and Carly are gray hat characters who do bad things.  A new Quartermaine with a story involving history, no babies/embryos, or mob bs or rape would do this show good.  Jason Morgan is boring until he gets written as what he is-  a flawed and damaged guy who is confused AF. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Or constantly eating.  That quirk of RoHo's has gotten so annoying.

Yeah.  That worked with Todd because it was always animalistic.  He'd be in scenes with other characters at fancy places or having conversations and just eat things.  That conveyed raw and animalistic nature of Todd, reminding the audience of who he actually was.  When Franco does it, it's.... Well weird.  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

RoHo should be fired for eating while filming.

Speaking of RoHo, I want to know why he can't play anything other than Todd. Soap Royalty, such as himself ,should be capable of playing a diverse range of characters.

I believe he can, but he's not playing Todd now tbh.  He's playing whatever FV wants him to.  I remember hearing he privately asked FV how he should play Franco, so sucky as it is, he's doing what his boss told him to.  I think soap writers have this romanticized version of who/what Todd was.  Ergo, we get this when we see Roger.  

If Michael Easton can be rebooted more times than an old ass computer at elementary school in the 90s, then eh why not Roger?  If he's there, at least I'll take no Franco.  Besides, I'd get on actors for not remembering their damn lines, showing up, acting like assholes, and repeating/stuttering every line.   

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

To be fair, I think that he probably didn't want to copy SBu's performance.  TSJ didn't study Roger on OLTL and he was initially a great recast.   It's the writing and direction.  They knew hiring him what his strengths were-  and he came in as a multiple Emmy winner-  Jason was a shit choice as a role.  IMO AJ or an unknown AJ son there to join forces with Tracy to take down Sonny and Carly business wise would've injected a lot of what this show needs.  GH doesn't need weepy Sam and boring Jason along with multiple other things.  Sonny and Carly are gray hat characters who do bad things.  A new Quartermaine with a story involving history, no babies/embryos, or mob bs or rape would do this show good.  Jason Morgan is boring until he gets written as what he is-  a flawed and damaged guy who is confused AF. 

I agree.  I think they didn't want him to look at and mimic SBu's performance as Jason.  They want him to be an entirely different character.  The unfortunate part is that they haven't done enough with the writing to display that he's an entirely different character, so it just comes across as shitty choices on BM's part.  I've said this countless times about this character since he got (some/all of??) his memories back - you can't have a character go through significant personality changes without having anyone else on canvas mention it.  This Jason is a completely different person than the one Sam fell in love with.  That should be an issue on some level.  There should have been some getting to know each other, some conflict in things not being how they were before.  I'm not talking like screaming and throwing bar ware levels of conflict, but there should have been some "do I still feel the same about this new Jason?" and "does she like me as I am now, or is she waiting for the old Jason to resurface?" from the two of them.  This is where the fact that she has a friend, a mother, and two sisters on canvas comes into play.  And it's where him having Carly (gag), Sonny (gag), and Michael on canvas comes into play.  Hell, it could even a part of "new" Jason that he confides in his mother about it.  And then we get the conflict of Monica wanting this "new" Jason to remain in play while still trying to advise him best about his relationship with Sam.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is that the profile pic from his grindr or his tinder?  Like...wtf is with that pic?  And lol "I won, so I quit my stable job.". Bruh, it's a daytime emmy in a category you lost a few times in.  You won with a story tailored to get that for you.  And honestly, Chad, Mo, and Laura did a lot of the heavy lifting.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I love that he's pimping for an Emmy in 2017, too. Stay golden, Brydog.

Is it mean to hope he doesn't even get a nom, just for the hilarity of watching him melt down over that?  

And that picture... That absolutely looks like a Grindr profile.  

I laughed at the line where, after he talks about how he met his fiance there and made so many good friends there, he says "that's all just memories left behind."  Umm... So, like you left those memories in your dressing room?  What?  

Honestly, if I was a casting agent, and I read that interview, I don't know that I'd be all that interested in hiring him.  (Not that I think casting people for prime time and movies are scouring soap mags for interviews).  When I read him saying that he would have felt his work at GH wasn't done if he didn't win an Emmy, I'd be thinking that he's basically saying that the work itself isn't important, all that's important is the recognition of winning an award.  

• Love 6