Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 11/15/2016 at 2:08 PM, ulkis said:

I don't think FV wanted to get rid of her. I really wish she had walked, though.

Really?  Elizabeth and Nik were both trashed in 2015, ReBu is signed a 4 year deal and BH is lowballed?  I smell something foul.  FV is ALL about his pets/gets that he considers to be stars.

• Love 3
On 11/15/2016 at 5:08 PM, ulkis said:

I don't think FV wanted to get rid of her. I really wish she had walked, though.

I understand why she probably didn't, though. Her older two kids are teenagers, but her youngest son is only six years old. And who knows how many pay cuts she's probably already taken before. And while Michele Val Jean--arguably the only writer in GH history to ever care about/write for Liz correctly--is at B&B and would probably be happy to create a character for her, that's always a risk, especially now. And I see her as being done with acting permanently once GH is actually over. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Really?  Elizabeth and Nik were both trashed in 2015, ReBu is signed a 4 year deal and BH is lowballed?  I smell something foul.  FV is ALL about his pets/gets that he considers to be stars.

No, I don't think so. If he actually wanted her gone, she'd be gone. There's a difference between not caring if someone stays or goes and actively wanting them out imo. And I think what Liz and Nik did was all Ron's decision.

1 hour ago, UYI said:

I understand why she probably didn't, though. Her older two kids are teenagers, but her youngest son is only six years old. And who knows how many pay cuts she's probably already taken before. And while Michele Val Jean--arguably the only writer in GH history to ever care about/write for Liz correctly--is at B&B and would probably be happy to create a character for her, that's always a risk, especially now. And I see her as being done with acting permanently once GH is actually over. 

I get why they all stay. Still, Becky is criminally underrated by tptb.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If he actually wanted her gone, she'd be gone. There's a difference between not caring if someone stays or goes and actively wanting them out imo.

Definitely. If they didn't want BH around, they wouldn't have made the renewal offer in the first place.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I certainly think there's favoritism towards certain actors (like bringing back Michael Easton to play a new doctor and sidelining Robin & Patrick during their own wedding), which is unfortunate. I can only imagine how this show would be now if TIIC cared about promoting AJ as much as they care about pushing Franco, no matter how much collateral damage they leave in their wake.

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:14 PM, Darklazr said:

Raise your hand if you're surprised Michael knows how to play chess.  I guess it's not that surprising, but he doesn't keep the most um intelligent company, nor does he make the brightest decisions.  Also, this story about Sonny not understanding what murder means needs a little Michael and Monica in it and definitely some Tracy.  Mostly because I want to see JE go against Mo in scenes because she's so much better than everything. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish it had been revealed that Nelle let Michael win at chess because she's lulling him into a false sense of security before she begins her plaaaan, but give the hero edit Michael almost always gets, she probably isn't doing that.

I kinda think that scene was originally meant for Morgan, but had CandyLand in the first draft.

• Love 7

I saw over the holiday weekend that Ingo apparently made some comments on FB about the president-elect and how some of us need to 'get over it and move on'. I saw that someone screen shot the posts and put them up on Twitter, I didn't see the FB thing myself. He told on his wife, that she voted for Trump and tried to make the argument that it's because people are fed up and he kind of glossed over the negatives of the campaign. I believe he made the mistake of then getting into it with some fans who responded to his post. I'm a little surprised honestly because I follow Sebastian Roche on Twitter and he is not a fan of the president-elect in any way, shape, or form and he and Ingo are tight. SR spoke out quite vociferously against Trump leading up to the election, I wonder if they just stayed away from the topic of politics.

On 11/18/2016 at 8:36 AM, ulkis said:

No, I don't think so. If he actually wanted her gone, she'd be gone. There's a difference between not caring if someone stays or goes and actively wanting them out imo. And I think what Liz and Nik did was all Ron's decision.

I get why they all stay. Still, Becky is criminally underrated by tptb.

BH, IMO has single handedly made some folks actually like the Franco character and that is a shame!

• Love 3

Herbst describes Liz’s “main objective” as “to keep Franco from feeling the need to go after him.” 

So Liez thinks saving her rapist serial killer boyfriend from himself is more important than making sure her rapist doesn't get near her? She has no concerns that her rapist has been released AND is in town? Jelly have really taken away what little self respect she had left. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I already hate Franco, but this just pisses me off even more.  Elizabeth's sister reveal was about Franco.  Elizabeth's rape is about Franco.  FV needs to go!

Just call this show General Shitty People because literally that is what it is, no?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

20161128_190847.png

Oh for the love of cheese, I'm not getting political at all and neither should NLG when it comes to being an actor.  You literally made the most deplorable comments about Viola Davis in a public forum, so stfu.  Let people and their private votes be as per the constitution. 

• Love 5

Chloe Lanier talks in the new SOD about Nelle drugging Sonny:

On the November 28 episode of GH, Chloe Lanier’s Nelle drugged Sonny, stripped him out of his clothes and climbed into bed next to him — naughty, naughty! The actress reports to Digest, “I had a bit of a heads-up about that. I didn’t know the logistics or how it was going to play out, but I knew that Nelle was going to drug him.” When tape day arrived, she and co-star Maurice Benard (Sonny) kept the planning to a minimum. “We didn’t talk about it too much, just little conversations here and there leading up to what was going to happen. His whole thing was that he wanted it to be very delicate leading up to it, which I think worked wonderfully because you kind of want to keep the audience in suspense and you don’t want everything to be on the nose,” Lanier muses. “ These were such raw scenes, I think we both just trusted one another — we trusted that we’re both good, we’re both here to do our jobs and do them well, and I think it was just about connecting with each other in those scenes.” She sums up the end result as “probably the most emotional, most vulnerable scene I have ever shot, and I have shot some really dark, messed-up scenes in my career so far! It was a really intense scene for Maurice and I to shoot and I hope it translates to the audience. I’m excited to see what people have to say.” As for her character’s perspective, Lanier says, “I think it was a really hard thing for Nelle to do and I think her reaction to it is going to surprise everybody.” For the full story on Nelle’s scheme to take down Carly, check out the next issue of Soap Opera Digest, on sale Friday.

8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

As for her character’s perspective, Lanier says, “I think it was a really hard thing for Nelle to do"

OMG so boring.  It'd be so much more interesting if Nelle just owned it, I wish they weren't trying to have it both ways with her.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Oh for the love of cheese, I'm not getting political at all and neither should NLG when it comes to being an actor.  You literally made the most deplorable comments about Viola Davis in a public forum, so stfu.  Let people and their private votes be as per the constitution. 

NLG definitely crosses the line at times, but I just took a look at Ingo's Facebook page, and his replies to some of the people who commented are really out of line.  He had to know he'd be stirring things up with his post, and he seems to relish in it.  

• Love 7

http://www.serialscoop.com/2016/11/daytime-soap-opera-blind-item-report.html

1. This performer who didn't take the hint that he/she needed acting lessons, is out the door once his/her contract expires in the next couple of months.

2. This performer is currently in the middle of a major frontburner story. However, if his/her attitude doesn't improve, he/she will be without a job soon.

3. This performer desperately wants back on his/her old show. Although it seems possible now based on recent story, it's not going to happen for him/her. People have long memories.

4. This performer turned down a recent invitation to return to his/her show for a guest appearance. He/she didn't like that the projected story didn't revolve around his/her character.

• Love 1

Pretty sure all of those except maybe #2 are about other shows.

1. The unbelievably awful Vivian Jovanni on DAYS

3. Creep Michael Muhney from Y&R, who allegedly groped a young costar and was swiftly dispatched by the network/Sony

4. Ali Sweeney from DAYS, who turned down a recent opportunity to return

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Pretty sure all of those except maybe #2 are about other shows.

1. The unbelievably awful Vivian Jovanni on DAYS

3. Creep Michael Muhney from Y&R, who allegedly groped a young costar and was swiftly dispatched by the network/Sony

I was thinking Victoria Rowell for #3, but, yeah, I think you're right, it's Muhney.  There is a very convenient opening for him to come back right now on Y&R, but I don't think anyone, outside of Sharon Case, would really be up for it.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Jelly don't commit to anything, commitment might accidentally result in drama

No, they will simply change their story down the road in order to keep a character/actor (see Julian) on the show.

7 hours ago, jsbt said:

Damn, really? I mean, I get it, Days is a mess and her previous guest stint was lame, but I would've liked to see her.

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think number 2 is GH either, given no one really has major frontburner story, not anyone that is in danger of being kicked out.

RoHo is probably in what Jelly consider to be a front burner story. I know, I'm grasping at straws.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:53 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:09 PM, Badsamaritan said:

20161128_190847.png

And this is the exact reason I have come to hate NLG.

I do not and never have judged anyone by their political views, as you said Chairperson Meow, our votes are just that, our own personal vote and if an "actor" thinks she should be rewarded for acting with someone who didn't vote her way then she shouldn't be acting. I don't even know who she's referring to and it doesn't matter, I would feel the same way if she was referring to MB/Sonny who I hate with the heat of a thousand fiery suns because it's nobody's business who anyone votes for, it's personal and as you pointed out, a Constitutional right. Gotta love the "Hollywood elite" who think they know everything about everything because they're famous and we're not. I used to love Alexis/NLG, she lost me completely when she did her Viola Davis bs.

I swear with this whole Alcoholic Alexis storyline NLG doesn't have to act too hard, from her Twitter alone she seems pretty well versed in the role.

Sorry/not sorry.

ETA: I wrote this before I saw the posts mentioning it was IR so all I can say is he should keep his mouth shut too. I don't think ANY actor should talk politics at all. Regardless of what side of the aisle they are on, we (or at least I) don't care to hear your opinion.

Edited by tveyeonyou
Sonny/Helena/Reasons
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

it's nobody's business who anyone votes for, it's personal

Which is why IR shouldn't be posting supportive Trump stuff on his PUBLIC facebook page and then getting pissy with people when they criticize him. Trump is an extremely divisive character to say the least, and I'm sure IR is smart enough to know what he was getting himself into. On top of that, he threw his wife under the bus by telling people she voted for him.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

Which is why IR shouldn't be posting supportive Trump stuff on his PUBLIC facebook page and then getting pissy with people when they criticize him. Trump is an extremely divisive character to say the least, and I'm sure IR is smart enough to know what he was getting himself into. On top of that, he threw his wife under the bus by telling people she voted for him.

I agree with everything you said 100%. Talking politics is the fastest way to lose friends, IMO, if you're "famous" you have even more reason to keep your mouth shut unless you want to risk alienating and losing a good chunk of your fans.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm actually surprised about this, wouldn't think he was conservative.  I though IR and his wife were very into the environment and you know Trump doesn't give a sh*t about the environment.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:59 PM, ulkis said:

http://www.serialscoop.com/2016/11/daytime-soap-opera-blind-item-report.html

1. This performer who didn't take the hint that he/she needed acting lessons, is out the door once his/her contract expires in the next couple of months.

2. This performer is currently in the middle of a major frontburner story. However, if his/her attitude doesn't improve, he/she will be without a job soon.

3. This performer desperately wants back on his/her old show. Although it seems possible now based on recent story, it's not going to happen for him/her. People have long memories.

4. This performer turned down a recent invitation to return to his/her show for a guest appearance. He/she didn't like that the projected story didn't revolve around his/her character.

1. I'll guess RP for this one.  Seems like his newbie contract might be expiring.  I don't remember hearing about him resigning, but I could be and probably am wrong.  I'd also call the Val actress for this one as well.

2.  I'll go with someone from another show or NLG or Will DeVry because Will DeVry looks like he would have an attitude.

3.  I want to say Billy Miller, but I think he'd be welcomed back.   So, I'll go with MSt.   But there's no way Billy doesn't want back on Y&R.

4.  I want to say SK because maybe they did want to bring AJ back, but make it a total Sonny/Jason thing.  But nah.  I'll say maybe TC to finish Nik's story or someone from another show.  

None of these sound like they're RoHo tbh.   He just resigned a long contract, keeps to himself, literally doesn't gossip, and stays out of trouble.  When the story/character are decent, he can perform.   None of them are Mo, either.  Mo isn't that stupid tbh.  He will most likely go down with the ship. 

I don't think #1 is RP; if the show were unhappy with him, he'd have been cut loose already, IMO. And based on absolutely nothing tangible, he doesn't seem the type to be so arrogant that if he'd been told to get some coaching he wouldn't do it.