Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

He's just a blogger, but he tries to come off like he's a professional journalist. That being said, I don't think that the headline was photoshopped. The twitter account said that it was posted on Daytime Confidential and then it was quickly taken off like it was a mistake. Jamey has done things like this before to cover for his mistakes and he uses his twitter followers to attack people that call him out on his actions. If he's so innocent, why didn't he just block the so-called troll and walk away? On the other hand, why does it matter so much to the other person to "expose" Jamey? This behavior gives all soap viewers a bad name. Especially GH viewers. SMDH

• Love 4

Thanks, ulkis! I hate this in-fighting that fans do over Jasam and Liason. Its really sad because it drags us all down. I don't know much about Jamey or his website, but what I have seen is pathetic and inappropriate. Is this par for the course with him? Is his site just a fansite and not an official one? Any background is appreciated.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, LongLurker said:

Thanks, ulkis! I hate this in-fighting that fans do over Jasam and Liason. Its really sad because it drags us all down. I don't know much about Jamey or his website, but what I have seen is pathetic and inappropriate. Is this par for the course with him? Is his site just a fansite and not an official one? Any background is appreciated.

It is par for the course for him. I don't know whether his website is an official one though, or if it's even his. I guess it's not official but I don't think he runs it alone. He rose to prominence because the last headwriter gave him behind the scenes scoop. I don't know if he gets any anymore. 

• Love 2

Jamey is part owner of DC. The other owner is Luke Kerr, Jamey's former lover. Its not an official website at all. Its a glorified fan blog with a highly-overrated podcast featuring Jamey and Jillian Bowe screaming like hyenas. Jillian has two twitter handles - @jillianbowe and @spinsvixenella.

He claims to have worked for George W. Bush in 2000 for his campaign, but he has never shown any proof. I have heard that he works as a hospital orderly as his day job and he has vehemently denied this. However, after reading his blog, I have no problem picturing him cleaning bedpans. Here is the site:

http://daytimeconfidential.com

• Love 3

Jamey being wildly unprofessional and showing out in public is not news*, but I question the human purpose of anyone going out of their way to photoshop a fake DC page over these lameass Jason wars. I will say I also seriously, seriously doubt Jamey and Luke Kerr were ever 'lovers'.

(* - in addition to his insane public twitter feuds with Nelson Branco [they are friends again], I believe he also went after Vicky Rowell once and now they're apparently working on her would-be soap together?)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, jsbt said:

these lameass Jason wars. 

SMH, that's all it's ever about. It's like, y'all didn't even get prime Jason/SBu! But Jason could be played by a potted plant and some would still go at it...

4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

SMH, that's all it's ever about. It's like, y'all didn't even get prime Jason/SBu! But Jason could be played by a potted plant and some would still go at it...

For a minute I thought you wrote Jason could be played by Milo, because Milo/potted plant are interchangeable to me.

• Love 7

They shouldn't attack what Jamey looks like (I assume that is what the Twitter profile pic is making fun of), but is there any possibility of the person telling the truth and of Jamey making up a story? I don't think anyone would waste time photoshopping content. Maybe its a cover story that the website created to discredit this person. They're both pathetic, don't get me wrong, but I think there's more to the story.

5 hours ago, GHfan4Life said:

Jamey is part owner of DC. The other owner is Luke Kerr, Jamey's former lover. Its not an official website at all. Its a glorified fan blog with a highly-overrated podcast featuring Jamey and Jillian Bowe screaming like hyenas. Jillian has two twitter handles - @jillianbowe and @spinsvixenella.

He claims to have worked for George W. Bush in 2000 for his campaign, but he has never shown any proof. I have heard that he works as a hospital orderly as his day job and he has vehemently denied this. However, after reading his blog, I have no problem picturing him cleaning bedpans. Here is the site:

http://daytimeconfidential.com

OMG Jillian is actually Spinsvixenella? The Spinelli nutcase fan! That crazy ass poster that a lot of soap Twitter can't stand. I can't believe it. I remember her from Soapcentral GH message board back in the day. I use to get into it with her cause she was a Spin/ Spixie nut who never knew what the hell she was talking about.

Back in 09/10 she showed her ass by trying to say that cause of KS "Disney" days or ties that it was irresponsible to pair Maxie with Johnny, that it sent the wrong message. Which was the height of hypocrisy & irony cause 1 she had no idea who Maxie was, 2nd she really didn't have no damn idea who the fuck Spinsuck was. Besides an asexual Gremlin he profited off the blood of dead people for a living, worshipped a hit man, lived with him & helped him get away with murder on a daily basis. It's like girl if you don't have several fuckin seats trying to come for Jomax fans when you shipped her with someone who was the equivalent of something out of a Sat morning cartoon. Naturally she looked stupid when a bunch of posters reminded her of that.

Then she got mad cause back then a large group of Maxie fans came together to create a campaign called Free Maxie cause Spixie turnt a lot of fans off her including those who were MaxieFF like me. A lot of us wanted her with different men Johnny, JJ Lucky, Matt it didn't really matter anyone but the baboon. She said we were trying to get BA fired(which we weren't we gave 0 fucks about him )by campaigning 2 free Maxie of Spinelli. Which was really funny coming from her cause her & some Spixie fans were actually trying to actually Get an Actor fired JC(Matt)

SIDDICK Has done that on ABC In Depth Twitter which he runs cause of his bias for certain pairings.

I'm so sad about this cause I've read her personal Twitter & she came off as really cool.

41 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Jamey being wildly unprofessional and showing out in public is not news*, but I question the human purpose of anyone going out of their way to photoshop a fake DC page over these lameass Jason wars. I will say I also seriously, seriously doubt Jamey and Luke Kerr were ever 'lovers'.

(* - in addition to his insane public twitter feuds with Nelson Branco [they are friends again], I believe he also went after Vicky Rowell once and now they're apparently working on her would-be soap together?)

You be surprised by how far the Jiz/Jasam nutcase fans will go especially on Twitter where it's a free for all over a dick that isn't real. They're are so far gone from reality it's ugly. At the end is never ever about Liz/Sam it's always about Jason & his gold plated dick. Like it's the 2nd coming of Jesus. It's why I stay out of GH tag on Twitter.

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised, I know it was faked. I just can't believe people still try to mock that shit up.

1 hour ago, LongLurker said:

is there any possibility of the person telling the truth and of Jamey making up a story? I don't think anyone would waste time photoshopping content. 

No, there is none. And yes, they absolutely would. This is soap fandom and stupid people are bugshit crazy about fictional braindead hitman dick.

Jamey is a flake at best but there is zero chance he would run a wrong story about Becky Herbst, who he is a superfan of and whose last negotiations he followed very closely. It's just some freak who tried to clumsily photoshop a fake page. Next they'll probably try to astroturf this site and other forums like it to try to give it legitimacy.

And BTW - I think Liz is a crazy bitch who needs to pay for what she did to Jason, but I also despised Jason/Sam for years. I hated Steve Burton's Jason with a fiery passion for decades and I don't care who rides his dick. Crazy is crazy and that shit should be named and shamed.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

I hated Steve Burton's Jason with a fiery passion for decades and I don't care who rides his dick.

Yup.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

For a minute I thought you wrote Jason could be played by Milo, because Milo/potted plant are interchangeable to me.

Yes.

4 hours ago, jsbt said:

I wouldn't be surprised, I know it was faked. I just can't believe people still try to mock that shit up.

No, there is none. And yes, they absolutely would. This is soap fandom and stupid people are bugshit crazy about fictional braindead hitman dick.

Its not just soap fandom. When Jennifer Love Hewitt joined the cast of Criminal Minds last year, people were photoshopping pictures of her while she was pregnant and making it look like she was about to give birth to an elephant while saying that her baby bump looked like a beer gut. Because social media is where civility goes to die and then comes back as a flesh-eating zombie.

• Love 1

This isn't new, not by a long shot. The Liz/Jason/Sam wars are an offspring, perhaps, to Carly/Sonny/Alexis. And THAT was a mess. I still recall the fan wars and rumors (emphasis mine) of actor bodyguards, etc. Hell, there was another round with Liz in the mix with Liz/Ric/Alexis.

This stuff brings out the overly invested each and every time. It's just fortunate that Twitter didn't exist for the other battles...

• Love 2

The shipper/fan war thing is so baffling and creepy to me. I get being passionate about your favorite show/character/couple, but Jesus. The kind of thing we're talking about - that's not just crazy. It's a toxic cocktail of crazy, stupid, and weird-ass entitlement.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

This isn't new, not by a long shot. The Liz/Jason/Sam wars are an offspring, perhaps, to Carly/Sonny/Alexis. And THAT was a mess. I still recall the fan wars and rumors (emphasis mine) of actor bodyguards, etc. Hell, there was another round with Liz in the mix with Liz/Ric/Alexis.

This stuff brings out the overly invested each and every time. It's just fortunate that Twitter didn't exist for the other battles...

I'm sure the Sonny/Brenda/Jax wars got nasty on the boards between 1996-1998. 

• Love 2

According to some people on Facebook, Daytime Confidential is not going to put out another podcast until the ish online dies down. No loss for me, but I thought I would add this to the thread since its sorta related. Apparently, the misinformation about Becky has spread throughout the internet and to different boards and things are getting out of control. Someone even tweeted insults to Jillian from DC with Kelly Monaco tagged in the tweet. This is what Kelly was talking about in her interview. Some even say that Liason fans may have done the original photoshop to frame Jasam fans to retaliate for KeMo's interview. This is really embarrassing considering I talk soaps and to friends and fam on the same social media accounts. My real life friends now think we (soap fans) are all like this.

• Love 1
On 8/7/2016 at 11:58 AM, LeftPhalange said:

Why would you waste precious minutes of your life photoshopping fake pics and trying to spread false info over a crappy soap.

Part of me wonders if the person has no horse in the fandom race and is actually just a bored shit-stirrer.

• Love 3

I care who's with Jason! I don't want anyone I like him with him. Although I guess I'd mind less with this new Jason, since he actually deigns to show affection and stuff.*

*yes, I know he cried when Robin broke-up with him, I'm talking after the year 2000**

**yes I know he actually showed affection after that too but pretty much the woman always had to be in the wrong and he mostly showed it with his shirt always on.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

yes, I know he cried when Robin broke-up with him

Girl, he did more than just ugly cry with her. The things he would say TO her and ABOUT her to other characters were straight out of a romance novel. Jason's ~feelings~ were flying high during those years. RIP!Human!Jason!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-ep-frank-valentini-talks-jasam-friz-julexis-steering-the-ship-in-port-charles/2016/08/08/

Who came up with the idea to have Jeffrey Vincent Parise return to GH as Carlos’ twin, Dr. Joe Rivera?

FRANK:  That was me.  I asked the writers to do it, because I thought it was something that could be really fun, and another little surprise.  When you have actors that you love so much you try to find ways to use them.

Yes, we know you thought that. We know.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-ep-frank-valentini-talks-jasam-friz-julexis-steering-the-ship-in-port-charles/2016/08/08/

Who came up with the idea to have Jeffrey Vincent Parise return to GH as Carlos’ twin, Dr. Joe Rivera?

FRANK:  That was me.  I asked the writers to do it, because I thought it was something that could be really fun, and another little surprise.  When you have actors that you love so much you try to find ways to use them.

Yes, we know you thought that. We know.

So he admits he hates Scotty, Lucy, Felicia, Mac, Monica, Brad, Lucas, Bobbi and the other characters that stay hidden away in the TFGH closet! :/

• Love 1

So he can find new characters for Soap Superstar/personal friend Micheal Easton and Daytime Novice Jeffrey Vincent Parrisse, but he doesn't think that de-Francoing Roger Howarth is necessary. As he said, Friz is "solid". Lawd! Does he watch this mess of a show?

• Love 6

It turned into an umbrella story for Alexis and Julian, and Sam, and Sonny (Maurice Benard), and Carly (Laura Wright), and Carlos (Jeffrey Vincent Parise), and Molly (Haley Pullos) and Kristina, and Lucas (Ryan Carnes).

Oh yeah, Frank, Lucas has really been a huuuuuuge part of this umbrella story, it's generated sooooo much story for him. #angryeyeroll

And seriously, him basically admitting he brought Micahel Easton back because he's a personal friend of his is bananas.

• Love 6

In other news, JP said on her Twitter that she and SA weren't lying when they gave that SOD interview saying Sam wouldn't remark on Dr. Michael Easton's resemblance to Silas, but that a decision was made later to do it differently by a script editor and not by them.  So...a script editor can overrule the head writers?

• Love 5

Why couldn't they have another doctor examine her so the resemblance wouldn't be addressed at all? And why is Sam having a second miracle baby anyway? She supposedly couldn't have kids and I thought FV wanted Sam/Danny and Liz/Jake to be even with their respective Jason spawn.

10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, JP said on her Twitter that she and SA weren't lying when they gave that SOD interview saying Sam wouldn't remark on Dr. Michael Easton's resemblance to Silas, but that a decision was made later to do it differently by a script editor and not by them.  So...a script editor can overrule the head writers?

Not surprised. JP/SA are puppets, and a lot of the script people probably know FV better than they do.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, LongLurker said:

Why couldn't they have another doctor examine her so the resemblance wouldn't be addressed at all? And why is Sam having a second miracle baby anyway? She supposedly couldn't have kids and I thought FV wanted Sam/Danny and Liz/Jake to be even with their respective Jason spawn.

Sam had a procedure so she can safely sustain a pregnancy.

FV said everything I expected.  "Love Bree! JVP as a new character was my idea!  I'll bring back ME a thousand more times, if that's what it takes to keep him employed!  Franco rocks!  I'm awesome!"

Bleh.

• Love 10

The person that decided Jon Lindstorm should come back as Ryan Chamberlin's twin Kevin?

What the hell does he mean the ratings are solid? Does he mean that the show is reliably at the bottom ? That he is losing fans by the thousands? When there is an article about the Franco/Liz haters, they are not a "solid couple". In the last nearly 15/20 years of soap reporting, I have read nothing but slavish praise  for whatever asshole EP and writer there was, so no wonder Guza and RC were probably blindsided when they were fired, no one is being honest with them.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3

Another puff piece, of course. WHO is Michael Fairman tryna impress? Does he believe he's an actual journalist? Because those questions had about as much weight as a helium balloon.

I've said it before and I'll say it again a thousand times - daytime soaps have no leverage anymore, so why the fuck do they keep handling these jackholes with kid gloves? The audience is not growing, they're maintaining, if they're even that lucky. Hold these mother fuckers feet to the fire and ask them why the fuck they're tanking their own damn shows! Who really believes most of these people in front of and behind the camera will still have jobs when their shows finally close up shop? Anybody? Bueller??

Dammit, ABC Daytime, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

ABC has to be paying Frank to tank GH. It's the only reasonable explanation I'll accept at this point!

I just don't think that's true. ABC may not actively want to have GH on its lineup anymore, but if conditions/ratings get bad enough where even having a placeholder position is threatened, they'll do something. It's the reason Ron got fired. They may be waiting for something else to come along, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't mind at least a level of mediocrity that isn't bad enough for them to have to intervene until they have something to replace it.

(I know you may have just been joking, and I'm probably the dumb one here for taking it seriously, but I just don't think Frank is actively sabotaging the show. He may be coasting/not caring as much about making it seem even halfway presentable, which he should be doing, but I don't think he's intentionally trying to kill it, either.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

The person that decided Jon Lindstorm should come back as Ryan Chamberlin's twin Kevin?

What the hell does he mean the ratings are solid? Does he mean that the show is reliably at the bottom ? That he is losing fans by the thousands? When there is an article about the Franco/Liz haters, they are not a "solid couple". In the last nearly 15/20 years of soap reporting, I have read nothing but slavish praise  for whatever asshole EP and writer there was, so no wonder Guza and RC were probably blindsided when they were fired, no one is being honest with them.

I don't think Garin Wolf ever got any real praise from the soap press; he would've lasted longer if he had. 

And Guza honestly strikes me as someone who doesn't give two shits what anyone thinks of him or his writing (except for Steve Burton, of course--anything to keep licking his ass*). He may have wrote the show long before the advent of Twitter, but even in the last few years he was there when Twitter began, he never got one. Ron, on the other hand? He was on Twitter enough where he HAD to know it was coming, especially right before it actually happened, when the backlash REALLY picked up.

*That said, Guza DID actually change the story of Brenda and Dante having Alec together when Vanessa complained--although that could have just been him realizing that Mo may not have been happy about it, either. Sigh.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2