Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Ooh, he's purdy! I hope he's a new doctor and maybe a love interest for Liz. If he's related to Scummy, Hayden or Tree, I quit. Although with our luck, he'll be Hayden's ex-husband.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LegalParrot81 said:

NOOOOO.  I was so hoping that MS would want to run back to her old peeps now that Soap Killer had been fired. 

From what I've heard, she burned some serious bridges when she left Y&R. 

37 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

SOD is reporting that James Patrick Stewart has joined the cast.  He used to play Will Corlandt on AMC.  He's an attractive dark haired man with some scruff.  No word on his role, but he's already taping.  I dgaf who it is as long as he's not related to Sonny, Hayden, or Tree.  They have enough useless family members.  

Oh wow another unnecessary character that will take up space. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, UYI said:

From what I've heard, she burned some serious bridges when she left Y&R. 

I wish Sharon Case would just quit and write a tell all.  I want the real tea on the Victoria Rowell story.  Lawd that's got to be juicy af.   I have a dream list of tell all writers from every soap.  Katherine Kelly Lang from B&B, Peter Reckell from Days, and Roger Howarth from GH/OLTL.  Also Jane Elliot from GH.  

6 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Oh wow another unnecessary character that will take up space. 

My hope is that he's a recast Stephen Lars.  We are doing an organ story.  He does know about dealing the organs.  And he's a legacy character. 

• Love 1

I wasn't watching "All My Children" back then, was he good?

I wish I could speculate that he's playing someone fun or interesting, but he's gonna end up being Claudette's sugar daddy or Huxley's brother or something.  Ugh.

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I wish Sharon Case would just quit and write a tell all.  I want the real tea on the Victoria Rowell story.  Lawd that's got to be juicy af.   I have a dream list of tell all writers from every soap.  Katherine Kelly Lang from B&B, Peter Reckell from Days, and Roger Howarth from GH/OLTL.  Also Jane Elliot from GH.  

Mine would be Brian Dattillo [sp] from Days. And every third chapter would be "The ___ Time I Was Fired." Reckell's book would have half a page of a good story for every 20 of lecturing about the environment (to wit, Chapter 18: "My Crusade to Eliminate Plastic Water Bottles from the Craft Table"). Plus Brian seems to be the type who knows what's going on and Reckell seems to the "How does this concern me?" type. I mean that in the way that's good.

From GH, Kimberly McCullough. So long as she stops telling her stories with psedonyms. She has some good ones, too, because she was old enough to process what was happening but young enough to be doing anything incriminating herself.  Plus the adults around her kept thinking that she wasn't around or didn't understand, and oh boy she was and she did.

NLG's book would be great too, so long as she submits a 2,653 page one to her editor, and they take out 99% of references to "me" and "I" and whittle it down to a respectable 200-300. Finola was given her chance, and she played it safe, told tame stories, hid the offenders, and focused a lot on the acting process. Pshaw. Fail.

I don't know Y&R as well, but maybe Sharon Case. Or Peter Bergman. Actually, they should do "he said" and "she said" chapters of the exact same events, one by Eric Braeden [sp] and the other by Michelle Stafford. And we can all find amusement in how they possibly could be talking about the same thing.

OLTL would have to be Bob Woods. He's hilarious. And smart. Actually, the "he said"/"she said" with him and Hillary B. Smith would also be awesome. And probably make a hell of a lot more sense.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What book did Fin write? Did she write another besides her novel?

Her novel. Which, from what I can tell, was really her telling stories to her co-writer and him putting it into a novel format.

It was marketed as some sort of juicy tell-all where the individuals were barely concealed. Not much juice. And too much concealing.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Francie said:

Mine would be Brian Dattillo [sp] from Days. And every third chapter would be "The ___ Time I Was Fired." Reckell's book would have half a page of a good story for every 20 of lecturing about the environment (to wit, Chapter 18: "My Crusade to Eliminate Plastic Water Bottles from the Craft Table"). Plus Brian seems to be the type who knows what's going on and Reckell seems to the "How does this concern me?" type. I mean that in the way that's good.

From GH, Kimberly McCullough. So long as she stops telling her stories with psedonyms. She has some good ones, too, because she was old enough to process what was happening but young enough to be doing anything incriminating herself.  Plus the adults around her kept thinking that she wasn't around or didn't understand, and oh boy she was and she did.

NLG's book would be great too, so long as she submits a 2,653 page one to her editor, and they take out 99% of references to "me" and "I" and whittle it down to a respectable 200-300. Finola was given her chance, and she played it safe, told tame stories, hid the offenders, and focused a lot on the acting process. Pshaw. Fail.

I don't know Y&R as well, but maybe Sharon Case. Or Peter Bergman. Actually, they should do "he said" and "she said" chapters of the exact same events, one by Eric Braeden [sp] and the other by Michelle Stafford. And we can all find amusement in how they possibly could be talking about the same thing.

OLTL would have to be Bob Woods. He's hilarious. And smart. Actually, the "he said"/"she said" with him and Hillary B. Smith would also be awesome. And probably make a hell of a lot more sense.

You're right!  I can't believe I didn't think of BD on Days.  Dude probably has major dirt.  Bob Woods is pretty great, but I think Roger has a lot bottled up.  What has he been so quiet about?  Plus,he was at the center of a lot of recent and 90s and 00s controversy.  I need a soap tell all.

• Love 1
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

My hope is that he's a recast Stephen Lars.  We are doing an organ story.  He does know about dealing the organs.  And he's a legacy character. 

James DePaiva for OLTL, Tristan Rogers for GH. They both have strong opinions and stories.

Y&R? Victoria Rowell, for sure. Except enough people at Y&R hate her now that she'd probably be sued to hell and back.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Francie said:

Her novel. Which, from what I can tell, was really her telling stories to her co-writer and him putting it into a novel format.

It was marketed as some sort of juicy tell-all where the individuals were barely concealed. Not much juice. And too much concealing.

I've never read Soapsuds, but apparently the main character was based on her interpretation of Susan Lucci when she was at AMC. Verdict?

4 minutes ago, UYI said:

I've never read Soapsuds, but apparently the main character was based on her interpretation of Susan Lucci when she was at AMC. Verdict?

Haven't read it, but it's going on my kindle now.  I'll review it for you with love.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, UYI said:

I don't think there's any doubt that the main "villain" is based largely on Susan Lucci. But it's anyone's guess if any particular story is actually something that Lucci said or did. 

Personally, I think that character is 80% Lucci, 15% Emma Samms, and 5% Deidfe Hall. But that's just my guess.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Francie said:

I don't think there's any doubt that the main "villain" is based largely on Susan Lucci. But it's anyone's guess if any particular story is actually something that Lucci said or did. 

Personally, I think that character is 80% Lucci, 15% Emma Samms, and 5% Deidfe Hall. But that's just my guess.

Emma Samms, huh? I thought they were friends. 

(edited)

Eh. Me, I love Finola and Susan equally. I prefer not to think of them re: this dynamic, because outside of Sarah Michelle Gellar (who has her own issues) I've never heard an unkind word about Susan.

Deidre Hall, OTOH...

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I could swear I saw on Twitter yesterday ANOTHER casting announcement, but I can't find it in the general soap press. Oh, I remember! It said something about Darcy coming back. I can't find anything on it now though.

1 hour ago, Badsamaritan said:

I could swear I saw on Twitter yesterday ANOTHER casting announcement, but I can't find it in the general soap press. Oh, I remember! It said something about Darcy coming back. I can't find anything on it now though.

Oh yay!  I so totes missed her.  Excuse me.   My eyes just rolled in the back of my head.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

It said something about Darcy coming back.

Okay, for a minute there, I thought you were talking about Mr. Darcy, Hayden's long-lost bearded dragon.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I didn't care about her on OLTL, I certainly don't care now.

I liked her okay when she wasn't in alter mode (like when Nash died/when Jess was first with Brody--she was great with that stuff), but Erin is still the real Jessica to me.

• Love 8
(edited)

Yeah, Budig was recurring too. That shit doesn't last when Frank wants what Frank wants.

As little as this show needs more OLTLers, if they had to bring Bree on, again, she could've been Sarah. Though I think playing a doctor would bore her to tears, just like most of what her heroine work on OLTL did.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
(edited)

And given they're apparently writing the part with her in mind (hey, Frank/writers, maybe come up a good character concept that fits in the world of the show before thinking about the casting?), they're totally gonna lean into the Tess of it all.  Urgh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
On Monday, June 06, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And given they're apparently writing the part with her in mind (hey, Frank/writers, maybe come up a good character concept that fits in the world of the show before thinking about the casting?), they're totally gonna lean into the Tess of it all.  Urgh.

I knew as soon as she was cast that Claudette was created for her. Frank wanted one of his pet's on GH. This was never about giving Nathan a backstory it was about giving a pet a job. So they rewrote Nathan whole backstory just too accommodate casting one of his pets. Fucking ridiculous. 

• Love 1
On 6/16/2016 at 2:49 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

I have a vague memory of reading that one of the actors on Y & R (I think he played Katherine Chancellor's last husband) was an escapee from Scientology. He claimed that when he started the show an actress who was still a Scientologist essentially threatened him. I believe that would have been either the Staff or Sharon Case. I'd love to know if that happened, and if so which one.   

• Love 1
(edited)

Nothing I have read about GH makes me want to watch.

TPTB have to be purposely making GH this bad. No one can screw up this badly for this long by accident.

This show is burning down your house to collect insurance before the bank forecloses bad on a daily basis. I have secondhand embarrassment for all involved.

Edited by RedVelvetWaffles
  • Love 2
(edited)

TVLINE | It seemed like you were denying that Brenda ever had a child.

She never had a kid. You think that Brenda would be the type of girl that would give birth to a child and then not see him for eight years? And then all of a sudden he’s there, and some shady mob person goes, “This is your child,” and she’s like, “Oh, OK”? I mean, that’s not her at all. If Brenda gave birth to a child in a hospital she would know it and that kid would be with her.

Sorry girl, the Tony Geary Pro Shop is closed for business.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Is this her Bill & Holly Were Never A Couple Moment or something? The fuck?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Damn it Vanessa, just be happy Brenda didn't have Dante Jr.

Although it would 100% amuse me if they sent that kid up for his skis in the attic, if we ever even see Brenda again. 

• Love 3