Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Darn it Dante! He lied! He did have another one night stand! Well actually it was a 2 night stand so I guess he didn't lie to Jess/Tess.

She would have made an okay Lulu but I would have been livid if they recast JMB with her at the time. As it is, she's okay, but BW's acting as a bad girl screams a bit "trying too hard" to me.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She would have made an okay Lulu but I would have been livid if they recast JMB with her at the time.

Me too! On the other hand, she and DZ have actual chemistry - which is something I have yet to see with ER and DZ

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Hey now there was Roxy! :p I mean Delilah, oops. Or Delia, right? Ava's mom's name is Delia? Although technically I guess that wasn't short term but she does appear only in bits!

I cannot believe they are casting Nathan's ex with a "major" actress.

35 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I can't believe they're giving Nathan another front-burner story

I can't believe Nathan is still here.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Me too! On the other hand, she and DZ have actual chemistry - which is something I have yet to see with ER and DZ

Maybe Claudette can be real Lulu and ER Lulu can be a copy they picked up accidentally on CI. I think she and ER are more or less the same acting wise but if she were Lulu maybe they'd actually get story. Plus freaking Nathan's ex is a pointless character.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kendall said:

Word.

Could they have at least not made her another blonde?

The problem here is that with dark hair, Bree can easily be mistaken for Becky. 

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I...I dunno how I feel.  Bree Williamson is not without talent, though I was very, very, verrry sick of her and her fondness for playing Jessica's alters by the time OLTL was over.

On the other hand, if true, this is Nina all over again.  "We're going to constantly talk about this chick.  And when she shows up, the audience will care because she's a soap star from another show!".

Yeah, this.

She definitely CAN be a good actress (although Erin Torpey is still easily the best Jessica), but the reliance on Jessica's alters (and separating her from Brody) in the later years of OLTL did her no favors. 

And of course, the fact that she'll playing a character no one wants doesn't help, either, but why state the obvious when you don't need to? :)

• Love 5

Holy fucking shit, y'all. I go away for a few hours to finally find a dress for my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary this weekend, and all hell breaks loose. Bree, really Frank? I have nothing against her, I liked her at times, I disliked her at times. But this show needs another name actress like I need malaria.

I just can't even believe it, although it shouldn't surprise me in the least. And I guess I'm supposed to take my own advice and laugh because what other reaction can you have when the cast is literally bursting at the seams? I thought I had trouble fitting into dresses, but this takes things to a whole other level. It will be funny trying to see her react to Tree though.

Oh damn, now I'm really going to want that Mark Lawson as Lucky recast. #Brody/JessForever

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, UYI said:

The problem here is that with dark hair, Bree can easily be mistaken for Becky. 

I don't see it honestly. Maybe I would if she actually did dye it.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well isn't BW Canadian? And Claudette is French-Canadian, right? See, they didn't just hire her because she used to be on OLTL!

Yes, she is.

BW is a good example of someone who lives and dies by the writing she's given to work with. There are some who can elevate bad writing; I think she tends to have a harder time doing that.

Of course, she was working with alters the majority of her final years on OLTL, so maybe I shouldn't be QUITE so harsh right now.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, UYI said:

There were a few photos like this where I thought she did, I guess from different angles.

Maybe if it weren't for her mouth, it's pretty different from Becky's.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe if it weren't for her mouth, it's pretty different from Becky's.

Well, to be fair, I originally said this a few years ago. :P

I don't see it quite as much now looking at that picture; it had been a long time since I had actually seen any of them until now.

Edited by UYI
(edited)
1 hour ago, UYI said:

BTW, we should probably look for @jsbt soon. I feel like news like this could make his head explode. 

You feel correct!!!11one

FV must be out of his skull - drunk on their short-lived reprieve from cancellation and doing Whatever the Fuck. This is insane.

And yes, Bree is only as good as good writing. Which this show does not have. She's terrible with bad writing, though most likely they're going to try to make Claudette over in the "Tess" mold to showcase her 'strengths.' I cannot describe how little she belongs on this show, let alone as such a random, pointless non-character. She rivals Nina and Franco.

And no - she is not better than Emme Rylan. No chance. Emme hasn't exactly been a superstar on GH but she has the edge. Bree completely fails any time she has to play a heroine, spunky or not, and has a long history of this. Although Ron did write both Lulu and Bree's Jessica the exact same way, for years. Emme at least commits to what's in front of her. Unless Bree is playing a bitch or a vixen she checks out. And her vixen act got old long ago. I can count on my hands the times in the last 10+ years that Bree's emotional work was anything more than deeply superficial.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
(edited)

I hope all the actors are in contract negotiations and decide to band together for more money but instead FV just temporarily recasts all of them. I would be lmao for days!

I liked Bree Williamson well enough on OLTL, but I am such a Pollyanna about OLTL so my opinions are suspect. But I also really liked her a lot on Haven. And she wasn't playing a vixen there so I do think she's capable of playing something else. But yea she needs decent writing and she ain't gonna get that here.

Still I'm excited to see it just for the lols. I can't wait to see We Never Cared Part 3!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

geez, between the bad writing and the 'temp' recasts, this show will soon be more unrecognizable than it already is! I truly hope that KSt is healthy, but this is getting really strange! And dont' even get me started on BW. As others have said, she does 'bad girl' well, but other than that, she's not great. And WTF decided we need Claudette on this show? Yeah I know, Frank. But damn, Jelly can't write for the 512 characters they already have, now they're bringing in someone new? And will probably shove her down our throats eight days a week.

Shoot me now....

• Love 4

I like ER, I liked her a LOT on both of her CBS soaps and I do think part of my problem with ER's Lulu is that she's being written as generic blonde ingenue heroine #2 instead of Lulu Spencer. But I also think she was miscast. Going from a grounded performer like JMB to ER's bubbly, mannered Lulu was...not great. And of course fucking RC used her amnesia to showcase fucking Milo instead of using it to allow this actress to build a rapport with her family. I don't think BW would have been an improvement and I still want Stephanie Gatschet in the role but the lack of chemistry and connection between Lulu/Dante is painful

(edited)
14 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I thought I'd seen DZ and BW in a scene before and I couldn't remember how or why.

And of course, who is she playing, but fuckin' Tess.

Speaking of which...

7 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Bree Williamson on joining GH

Spicy and a bad girl. Lord.

So she's basically playing Tess again.  UUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

And what is with Frank Valentini and introducing a "spicy bad girl" played by a soap star from another show every fucking year.  First Nina/Michelle Stafford, then Rebecca Budig/Rebecca Budig, and now Claudette/Bree Williamson.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
Just now, Oracle42 said:

It felt like she was Tess for most of BE's run

When she wasn't Bess or Teen!Jess or Wes.  Because legacy character - and ACTUAL PERSON - Jessica was just too boring, right Bree?

#rageembolism

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

That's really weird, cause I was just saying to someone yesterday that the cast is bursting and while it's a smart strategy on Frank's part if you're a lazy writer, it's a little weird that more actors haven't left the ship voluntarily.

There was also someone who was saying kirsten hasn't posted on twitter in two months and that's unusual for her, and I guess they were right. Hope she's ok.

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Bree Williamson on joining GH

Spicy and a bad girl. Lord.

And is she going to have a French accent, I wonder? That's going to be painful.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

When she wasn't Bess or Teen!Jess or Wes.  Because legacy character - and ACTUAL PERSON - Jessica was just too boring, right Bree?

#rageembolism

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: NONE of this would have happened had Erin Torpey stayed put as Jessica.

None of it.

There is a nostalgia factor to seeing Bree again for me--as there is for pretty much anyone who was on OLTL for me--but it sounds like the show is going to showcase the WORST aspects of her acting ability (which of course are probably her favorites). Fuck no. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I cannot wait to read jsbt's reaction to this interview.

*pops popcorn*

If we don't, it's because he got blinding drunk in his bathroom, hit his head on the floor, and cried himself to sleep.

Just a guess. 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I cannot wait to read jsbt's reaction to this interview.

*pops popcorn*

jsbt is gonna start talking like this at us soon if we aren't careful:

untitled_zpsfrgmovqq.jpg

lol at this tweet:

• Love 11
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Sadly it won't be Maurice or Bryan.

He shaved his head again!  That's his last recourse! If he loses anymore hair after that emergency recast is coming!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Sadly it won't be Maurice or Bryan.

Look what Bryan just tweeted!

Bryan Craig ‏@bryan_craig  9m9 minutes ago

the entertainment business is brutal

Didn't you say he has a 4 year contract with an option to leave at 3 years? Is it possible he's in negotiations, I wonder? Or just giving his Deep Thoughts on the business around him I guess.

• Love 3
Just now, ulkis said:

Look what Bryan just tweeted!

Bryan Craig ‏@bryan_craig  9m9 minutes ago

the entertainment business is brutal

Didn't you say he has a 4 year contract with an option to leave at 3 years? Is it possible he's in negotiations, I wonder? Or just giving his Deep Thoughts on the business around him I guess.

The part of Morgan Corinthos will now be played by OLTL alum David Gregory.  #GH #spectaularspring 

• Love 1