Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Despair in the Afternoon's Take on Things

"Sometimes I watch this show and wonder if I’ve personally done something to offend the writers." 

Agreed, but more like all the time.

Oh good. I was afraid I was the only one taking the show's awfulness personally.  

As a fan of Anna (and Robin, and Quartermaines, and Dante, and sane storytelling that actually makes sense) ... I feel personally victimized by this show. 

• Love 7

old interview, but this is a nice little "gem":

Adds Passanante, "To be very truthful, and this is not meant as a criticism of anyone, it is much easier to write a story where you bring in a lot of new people because you don't have to account for the complicated history of the people you already have. There is part of me that goes, 'That would be great! Let's bring in a whole bunch of new people!' But it's also the challenge of soap operas to write for the characters you [already] have." 

Yeah I could kinda tell just from watching on-screen.

http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2015/0904-preview_new_writers.php

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Adds Passanante, "To be very truthful, and this is not meant as a criticism of anyone, it is much easier to write a story where you bring in a lot of new people because you don't have to account for the complicated history of the people you already have. There is part of me that goes, 'That would be great! Let's bring in a whole bunch of new people!' But it's also the challenge of soap operas to write for the characters you [already] have." 

Except Passanante can't write new characters any better than she can the established ones. And wouldn't having a history make it easier to write? You already have the foundation for what the characters will and will not do (ostensibly).

Or maybe I don't understand this whole soap thing.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

That is exactly what RC did on OLTL and GH and then he proceeded to maul most of the GH characters

And then blamed Kimberly McCullough. Good times.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Except Passanante can't write new characters any better than she can the established ones. And wouldn't having a history make it easier to write? You already have the foundation for what the characters will and will not do (ostensibly).

Or maybe I don't understand this whole soap thing.

Harder. Not everyone agrees what's in-character, you have to remember their history/personality. With your own character no one is going to say "they wouldn't do this or that". Of course, eventually a new character becomes an old one. A character who has been on a year can start suddenly behaving out of character if a writer gets lazy. 

• Love 2

In the latest issue of Soaps In Depth Michelle Stafford said she pushed hard for the return of Greg Vaughan as Lucky because he is her bro or something like that. Is not Ryan Paevey enough for this woman?

• Love 2

Roxy....

Does he mean Ava's mother?

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

In the latest issue of Soaps In Depth Michelle Stafford said she pushed hard for the return of Greg Vaughan as Lucky because he is her bro or something like that. Is not Ryan Paevey enough for this woman?

No thank you on a GV return - but does that mean they're thinking about a Lucky return/recast?

8 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Roxy....

No, Roxy is Dr. Michael Easton's lizard/bearded dragon/whatever.  Frankintern (thinks he/she)'s being cute and clever again!

• Love 2
(edited)

I liked Roxy on OLTL. OLTL, which is not GH. Also, the character Ilene Kristen is playing on this show isn't even named Roxy, it's Delia Ryan. Dammit Frank's intern, please get it together.

ETA, never mind, ignore this. I forgot about that damn lizard. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
I forgot about that damn lizard
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Roxy....

No thank you on a GV return - but does that mean they're thinking about a Lucky return/recast?

I don't think so, I think she was just randomly plugging him because they're friends.

26 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I liked Roxy on OLTL. OLTL, which is not GH. Also, the character Ilene Kristen is playing on this show isn't even named Roxy, it's Delia Ryan. Dammit Frank's intern, please get it together.

ETA, never mind, ignore this. I forgot about that damn lizard. 

They're giving Lizard more screen time than they are Lucas.

As to what you said, it does remind me that Delia was turned into faux Roxy by RC.

• Love 2

I was just coming to post about Frank ('s intern) tweeting about the lizard.  No promotion of Lucy's return or Laura and Kevin's scenes, but of course, let's promote the damn lizard because it's connected to Dr. Michael Easton.  #haaate

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, jsbt said:

At least it wasn't her helicopter! Bringing the deep cuts, y'all. Ask your friends.

You stole my thought!

"And here you all criticized us as extravagant for flying Jensen to and from work in a helicopter. Now you know we were providing a public safety."

~ Executive Producers of Another World

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope she gets some help, but fuck her for driving drunk.

I hope she still has enough Another World and One Life to Live and FOJ on GH money to pay for all the pain and suffering she's causing the person she hurt.

• Love 6

IIRC, Jensen married rich and has been mostly retired for years. She came back to do her recent stint on Y&R which I think may be recurring. Damn, she looks old though.

13 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

When was she on GH? Who was Melissa? This should probably go in the History thread, sorry.

Melissa was the nurse character she played circa 2000. JFP wanted to wanted her to essentially replace Bobbie but Tony Geary went to bat for Jackie Zeman. Melissa had a horrible story about assisting people with euthanasia or something like that.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

When was she on GH? Who was Melissa? This should probably go in the History thread, sorry.

She was on the show from 2001-2002, although she briefly was replaced by someone when P&G sued ABC/GH for breach of contract, as she was still airing on ATWT when she started airing on GH. Honestly, that's probably the most memorable part of her tenure on the show.

Anyway, Melissa was the ex of Bobbie's ex Roy DiLucca. JFP brought her on shortly after she took over.

Honestly, it belonged more on the OLTL/AW threads, since she's most remembered for those shows (and I did post it in the OLTL threads), but I didn't watch AW/I don't think it's very active, and she was on GH briefly.

Edited by UYI

Bryan Craig ‏@bryan_craig  21h21 hours ago

Thank you @ABCNetwork @ABC_Publicity for sending @kellythiebaud and myself to @BBMAs in Vegas this weekend! We always have a great time!!

Yes, good job ABC publicity.

• Love 6

Why is someone at ABC trying desperately to make Bry-dog 'happen'?  

Its like Hollywood-at-large trying to Adam Devine 'happen'.

Hollywood/ABC: you WILL like then, dammit!

Me: that person is an annoying, untalented douche who needs to get the fuck out.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Why is someone at ABC trying desperately to make Bry-dog 'happen'?  

Its like Hollywood-at-large trying to Adam Devine 'happen'.

Hollywood/ABC: you WILL like then, dammit!

Me: that person is an annoying, untalented douche who needs to get the fuck out.

Well, he can only happen if he gets the attention of the paps.   He'd have to do something big to do that....

Soap Fans United
‏@SoapFansUnited1
SOD Blind Item: "1 show playing hardball w/ veteran actor in midst of contract negotiations." SFU sources confirm it's ROGER HOWARTH #GH

Don't give into The Man Roger Howarth! Walk away from those bastards! Totally not agenda driven encouragement at all! woo!

• Love 17
(edited)

If he's actually in hardball negotiations, could this mean that another show wants him?   Could this mean that he'll go to a better soap?  Free yourself,  Roger.   Call SK.  No, don't call him.  Call Jason Thompson.   Go play guitar together and discuss CBS.  And can we issue trades to CBS, like the NFL?  

Yes.  Making a play to get AJ back again.   What if we trade Roger Howarth for SK, a good hair/makeup person, some sets, and a few free SBu flashbacks?  

Edited by Chairperson Meow
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

They can keep the SBu flashbacks if they'll give us back some of our scriptwriters 

Fair enough.   What if we throw in an offer for BC too just to see if we can get scriptwriters, the actor playing Fen on Y&R, and a promise they can have SBu for life?  We can also send over his leather jackets.   

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wow, nothing Frank Valentini teases in this interview is enticing:

http://tvline.com/2016/05/23/general-hospital-nurses-ball-2016-preview-wedding-jason-liz-carly-ava/

I'm legit terrified to think of who Frank considers a "fan favorite."  Because I have doubts that's what he considers Anna or Robin. The possibilities:  a) Sabrina; b) Dr. O; or c) Kirsten Alderson as her third GH character.

Edited by Francie
15 hours ago, ulkis said:

Soap Fans United
‏@SoapFansUnited1
SOD Blind Item: "1 show playing hardball w/ veteran actor in midst of contract negotiations." SFU sources confirm it's ROGER HOWARTH #GH

Don't give into The Man Roger Howarth! Walk away from those bastards! Totally not agenda driven encouragement at all! woo!

Degrassi is probably looking for a Todd Manning-like character. Soap Superstar Roger Howarth should audition. I can't even believe anyone at ABC/GH would bother to negotiate with him. Soap Superstar or not, his character is hardly popular or important to any stories. 

2 hours ago, UYI said:

Happy 40th Birthday, Kelly Monaco! :)

She's 40? Damn. 

• Love 7

Yeah. I was telling someone that I did think Valentini did have half a brain, at least in regards to budget, but I may take it back. Yes, let's talk about the pairing that was featured heavily when GH got its worst ratings ever.

And I'm not saying Jason/Liz in and of themselves are ratings tankers. I'm saying they are when they're featured in a story where they're going nowhere and the audience knows it and Liz looks horrible. 

Also, "burgeoning feelings for Franco". Chills up my spine man. 

• Love 6
(edited)

“Everybody really wants to see these two guys [Lucas and Brad] get married.”

Yeah, it's such a huge story!  That's why the guys have been on, what, two times in the last six weeks!  And why

they're going to immediately injury and possibly kill one of them!

The hate... #itburns

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8