Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I suspect you're right, ulkis, and it's sad and gross she feels that way. 

Why gross? I don't think it has anything to do with her pregnancy.

(edited)

If she's at work because she genuinely wants to be, fine. But if she's feeling pressured to return sooner than she'd otherwise go back because she's afraid of what that means for her character, it's gross.

I'm basing all of this only on this particular context. I fully understand many, many women have to go back to work earlier than they'd like to after having a baby. (This is to head off any tangents about mat leave in general.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
(edited)

ah, okay. 

Well, I wouldn't say that's why 100%. Maybe she just doesn't feel the need to take it, for whatever reason. But it's definitely plausible. 

Edited by ulkis
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Given that AJ is dead, I don't see how a long-lost kid of his will have any effect on Carly.

Maybe he could help detach Michael from Carly and Sonny's apron strings and give Michael something else to do in life.  Nowadays even his ELQ business is about working with Sonny.

• Love 4

If I hadn't been done with Michael the minute he went back to calling Sonny "dad" - him allowing Sonny anywhere near the business of the father Sonny murdered would make me stabby.  Way to piss on AJ's grave, Michael.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

If I hadn't been done with Michael the minute he went back to calling Sonny "dad" - him allowing Sonny anywhere near the business of the father Sonny murdered would make me stabby.  Way to piss on AJ's grave, Michael.

Sadly, that's the least of what's been done on A.J.'s grave.

• Love 14
(edited)
On 7/25/2017 at 4:17 PM, Sake614 said:

BA is reprising Spinelli:

I was just thinking that Spinelli as a source of support for Jason and Sam (esp. Sam) makes much more sense than Carly being around. I call b.s. on the recent-ish development of Carly and Sam being girlfriend-y. Real Carly would only ever see Jason's gf/wife as an obstacle to being #1 in Jason's life, someone to be tolerated (or threatened if said woman made Jason's life difficult).  I believe Spinelli is Sam's true best friend, a Stone-Cold Worshipper, and JaSam's biggest supporter. When Jason told Carly, "I was just about to call you", I was thinking no, his first call (after talking to their moms and Kristina and Molly) should have been to Spinelli. 

Also, he should bring little Georgie with him, for a visit with Grandpa Mac and Grandma Felicia.  The viewers deserve a cute scene of the two with their granddaughter (regardless of Maxie/KSt's current status on the show).

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5

Chris Van Etten has been given a huge promotion as co head writer. While its great that he is a "huge fan of the show" (whatever the hell that means nowadays). I am weary. Maybe he will do well to try to prove himself, but I am incredibly weary of any writer that joined GH after FV got the top job, especially as it seems he was one of OLTL writers that FV and RC gave positions to after they ran out the longtime staff of GH.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Looks like Tyler Christopher just took a contract at DAYS.

As I've said before, I don't particularly miss him or Nik, though I'd give Nik another look if they recasted.  But take note, Frank, that's an actually big casting announcement.  He's never done another soap, right?

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As I've said before, I don't particularly miss him or Nik, though I'd give Nik another look if they recasted.  But take note, Frank, that's an actually big casting announcement.  He's never done another soap, right?

Ironically, he had another guest/short-term role on Days before his second stint as Nik in some ridiculous coronation story line.

Interesting, I never knew he had been on "Days" before.  I'm sure Ron will reference it somehow.

And yeah, "Hey, we're going to put Tyler Christopher and Stephen Nichols together again" is definitely a bigger headline than "Hey, it's Parker!  You remember Parker, right?  Sure you do!".

• Love 8
(edited)

I remember back in the day a rumor that Chris Van Etten (at least I think it was him) had been asked to be the third in the revolving door of Hulu's OLTL 2.0 writers just before the whole thing went kaput. I don't know if he's any good, but I can't fault almost anyone within the rank and file staff given the thoughtless meat grinder this show in particular has become. I've heard good things about him from some people but I don't think it would matter. I think FV is installing people he knows will execute to his spec, and I think the network doesn't really give a shit. Obviously he also is not from the old guard of writers for GH, which doesn't help.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

It looks like his entire pre-FV/GH writing career was at OLTL and nothing that we've seen in the past five years indicates that any of the OLTL writers, HW/Script/Breakdown, was a "fan" (or even a casual viewer) of any period of this show.

• Love 1

I think he comes from a YA novel background. Which is better qualifications for something new in this industry than most, but I really have no faith in any change in quality whatsoever if he owes the career to Frank and is beholden to him.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It was clear when he won his Emmy that he still feels very close the SN.

I always enjoy seeing former costars supporting one another, especially when they played parents/kids. Like when Rick Hearst and Hailey Pullos tweeted each other on one of their birthdays. Too sweet!

• Love 5

Emme Rylan is back from maternity leave. She had her baby on Jun 26. Isn't that a short maternity leave? I thought the actresses in daytime were gone three months when they had maternity leave. Maybe, those were the good ole days?!

42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I thought of her [Valerie] but then I wondered if they wanted someone who wasn't related to Michael.

I too thought of Val.  Oh show.

As much as I'd love to think they've given up on Michael and Nelle, I doubt they have.  And I think their next obstacle is going to come from Bobbie's looking into Nelle's past, not a third party.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Emme Rylan is back from maternity leave. She had her baby on Jun 26. Isn't that a short maternity leave? I thought the actresses in daytime were gone three months when they had maternity leave. Maybe, those were the good ole days?!

IIRC, Emme never takes much time off after having her kids.

On 8/1/2017 at 3:33 PM, OnceSane said:

IIRC, Emme never takes much time off after having her kids.

Homegirl got her start on Guiding Light, I can't blame her. She knows you're always one bad youth demo away from filming in a town dump, changing wardrobe in a hatchback and pissing on the side of the road!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Color me shocked the show actually acknowledged the two of them.

Call me a Pollyanna, but I expected Kin to say something, at least, about his 40th anniversary, especially since Scott is officially one of the longest-running characters on television (as in, television PERIOD) now. Becky I could see being more modest. I don't know, I'm going to give the show the benefit of the doubt here, even if it means I sound entirely too uncynical or unbitchy (in a fun, effortless way! That's not a knock!) to be posting here. ;) 

• Love 2

BTW, Jackie Zeman's 40th anniversary on the show is this year, too, as are Leslie Charleson and Stuart Damon's. (The latter two debuted within three weeks of each other.) 

• Love 1

It's aggravating what these vets are reduced to: Elizabeth is in a relationship with a SERIAL KILLER, and it's the only thing keeping her on the canvas; Bobbie is harassing a 25-year-old woman; Monica is a perpetual babysitter; Scott is an ineffective lawyer who's stuck with a SERIAL KILLER son; and poor Alan is dead.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Elizabeth is in a relationship with a SERIAL KILLER, and it's the only thing keeping her on the canvas

That's actually the worst thing about Liz/murderhobo. She completely disappeared while he was off-screen. It could not be clearer that FV only values her and her fanbase in terms of what she/they do for the SERIAL KILLER's viability.  

Hayden was right there. She's not my favorite character but the actresses had good scene chemistry together. The writers could have forged something worthwhile and watchable out of that if they'd allowed Liz to do anything other than coo at/defend the murderhobo.

And the shittiest aspect of this crap? RoHo ISN'T ACTUALLY GOOD IN THIS ROLE. His shtick was already tired AF on AtWT, it's downright embarrassing now.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

At this point, he has the better deal!

Doesn't mean we don't still miss him, though. :'( 

(And I wonder how Stuart is doing health wise these days, too.) 

• Love 5

Eh, the show won't suffer much from Julian's absence. I really like the vibe WdV has with MW, but the show does way too little with the family connection between Julian and Ava. And being Sam's father hasn't done either character any favors. 

Julian is there basically to take the blame for stuff that doesn't fall on Ava herself or Valentin.

Sucks to be renegotiating when the show decides to bring back a fan favorite.

• Love 3