Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I poked the bear.  Go to my twitter and check it out before it gets deleted.   I tagged Mo, ABC, and Varni.  I'm meowzer09.   I am the orange cat.

Ruh roh lol!

• Love 1

Yup.   He who can handle the clapback has blocked me.   Guess Mo can't handle me putting him on full blast on twitter.   But everything is still out there.  You can block me, Maurice, but you cannot silence me.  Nor can you take away my screenshots.  Clapback game won by this girl.  Er cat since my avatar is a cat.  Lol.  I guess in a way I got justice for Duke and AJ in one fell swoop.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Yes I did.  I'm still getting some ahem lovely messages demanding that I shut my twitter down and that I am a hater.  Most are from a user ironically called something like Mo can handle the clapback.  But it's all one word and misspelled.  I've gotten five rape threats and countless death threats.  Mo's fans want me shot.  Classy bunch.

Report the accounts, at the very least.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, NutmegsDad said:

Report the accounts, at the very least.

I did.  I sent screenshots of the messages in the report to twitter.   They say they will handle it.   I've gotten more threats last night/today.   I'm such a "hatter".  I guess that means hater.   Though I do love a good hat.  Either way, reported.  

Oh and I sent screenshots in a lovely email to ABC as well.  I'm sure they'll be happy to know the effect the character Sonny Corinthos has on viewers.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I did.  I sent screenshots of the messages in the report to twitter.   They say they will handle it.   I've gotten more threats last night/today.   I'm such a "hatter".  I guess that means hater.   Though I do love a good hat.  Either way, reported.  

Oh and I sent screenshots in a lovely email to ABC as well.  I'm sure they'll be happy to know the effect the character Sonny Corinthos has on viewers.  

I've a feeling they really don't care. I mean, as long as no one actually follows through on the threats, they'll chalk it up to the anonymity of the Internet. But I'm still glad you reported them to Twitter.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I've a feeling they really don't care. I mean, as long as no one actually follows through on the threats, they'll chalk it up to the anonymity of the Internet. But I'm still glad you reported them to Twitter.

I figured, but it was still worth it to do.  It felt right tbh.  

• Love 3

Great work. Now we know why Mo is still on, and getting away with murder.

This is the USA where children playing sports are NOT allowed to keep score because someone's feelings will get hurt if they lose. No playing to win, only for fun. Looks like his fans can't take the heat, they need to get out of the kitchen. Times have changed, when I first went on line I was the only one who thought of Sonny as scummy corruptous. I couldn't root for him. still can't. Now oh horrors I feel the same way about Mo.

Would be nice if Twitter would bar the hatters ,

All I have to say is we are with you. Sounds like they are a bunch of sixth grade mean girls. I have heard Mo is one.

• Love 2

She did things right--she started using sunscreen and shielding herself from the sun as a teenager by wearing sweatshirts and hats (and admitting she doesn't think she looks good tan anyway). She also began drinking milk more often in her early twenties, which probably helped, too.*  And remember, she was a spokesperson for Purpose Skin Care a decade ago, so there is a way to get her skin!**

*Picked up these things over the years from magazine interviews, not from stalking her. ;)

**I'll admit that I have been inspired over the years by her to protect my skin more (I'm 27--I wanted to start early!). I don't spend much time in the sun (although my skin could probably use it sometimes), and I always make sure to use lots of sunscreen or lotion when I am (except for the other day when I stupidly forgot). And I actually do use Purpose to try to fight acne (and believe it or not, that's part of the reason she started using it, too--I guess she had more acne at one point). 

Not to take anything away from KSt's skin, of course, as I know she's had it rough lately. 

• Love 2

Whoa.  KSt looks really um tired.  She had a nice fullness to her cheeks that's missing in that pic.  Maybe it's the angle, but she really looks like she did need a nice chat and some tea.  But then again, who would look good next to Becky?  She's a goddess.   Seriously,  some makeup line needs to make her it's model because people would buy that like crazy.  She's flawless.  

• Love 1

Seriously,  some makeup line needs to make [Becky] it's model

As long as it doesn't turn into a situation where half of the people at the company want her and the other half want Marisa Ramirez. Heh.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Whoa.  KSt looks really um tired.  She had a nice fullness to her cheeks that's missing in that pic.  Maybe it's the angle, but she really looks like she did need a nice chat and some tea.  But then again, who would look good next to Becky?  She's a goddess.   Seriously,  some makeup line needs to make her it's model because people would buy that like crazy.  She's flawless.  

Like I said, she was already the spokesperson for Purpose Skin Care, so maybe she's done with kind of work. 

And I have to say, KeMo is a year older than Becky and she still looks pretty young, too.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, UYI said:

Like I said, she was already the spokesperson for Purpose Skin Care, so maybe she's done with kind of work. 

And I have to say, KeMo is a year older than Becky and she still looks pretty young, too.

Well, yeah, how KeMo and Becky remain so gorgeous in an industry full of botox, eating disorders,  etc is kind of inspiring.   KeMo looks almost the same as she did when I saw her as Livvie on Port Charles, just obviously a little older, but in a good way.  Livvie was a teenager at first.  But take the last few cycles of PC and now?  She looks pretty much the same.  I'm sure it's because they both take care of themselves and whatnot.   And even though ME isn't a board favorite,  he must bathe in the fountain of youth because he seems to have stopped aging around 2001 or so.  I also learned that Matt Cohen is like 35 or so, which shocked me.  He's so beautiful.  Now, what's their secrets?

• Love 1
On 6/13/2016 at 0:19 AM, UYI said:

Well, damn Vanessa. I mean, if she really was sick, I feel awful that I said anything about her cheeks, but still.

She can deny all she wants but those cheek implants are still noticeable just like Jada Pinkett Smith's are still noticeable. I hate when people deny obvious surgery like viewers are dumb and then blame it on a disease. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, In2You said:

I hate when people deny obvious surgery like viewers are dumb and then blame it on a disease. 

I remember Michael Jackson in 1993 telling Oprah that he had only had two plastic surgeries to that point. The interview was part of a PR offensive in which he tried to rein in the public perception of him as a weirdo on many levels (he would shortly have much bigger PR issues to worry about, but that still lay ahead). An older woman I worked with, surprisingly, bought a lot of what he was saying, and I said, "Yeah, but...he claimed he's only had two plastic surgeries. How come he didn't look like Diana Ross ten years ago, and now he looks like Diana Ross?" A guy in the room found that funny, and said, "One of them was the Diana Ross Package!"

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I remember Michael Jackson in 1993 telling Oprah that he had only had two plastic surgeries to that point. The interview was part of a PR offensive in which he tried to rein in the public perception of him as a weirdo on many levels (he would shortly have much bigger PR issues to worry about, but that still lay ahead). An older woman I worked with, surprisingly, bought a lot of what he was saying, and I said, "Yeah, but...he claimed he's only had two plastic surgeries. How come he didn't look like Diana Ross ten years ago, and now he looks like Diana Ross?" A guy in the room found that funny, and said, "One of them was the Diana Ross Package!"

Ironically, MJ did have a skin condition too.  Vitiligo.   And probably body dysmorphic disorder.   So much talent, so many problems.   

Speaking of problems,  there are new rumors on Richard Simmons.  

• Love 1

In the meantime, what do you recommend to your army?

[Laughs] Have a couple of cocktails. And try to stay calm. You’re not alone. Hang on. Don’t abandon ship. If we eventually have to throw Julian overboard, so be it. It’s women and children first! I do not intend to die on the Titanic.

She doesn't? Because she seems determined to go down with the ship that is GH.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The NLG interview with Michael Logan's online:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/91027/general-hospitals-nancy-lee-grahn-addresses-the-julexis-controversy/

...is "controversy" really the right word for breaking apart a soap couple?

I'll say the, well acknowledge the pink elephant in the room.  Why interview only NLG when every single interview about Julexis has had both Will DeVry and NLG?  Also, does she not realize that her increase in screentime and recent popularity was because of the Julexis pairing?  A pairing that was created by Ron, a male writer.  Granted, she's done great work in these angsty scenes with Will DeVry about the Julexis relationship.   But firstly, openly insulting male writers, which is rather sexist (had a male said that about female writers, there would be backlash like crazy), and then openly telling her fans that she nor they don't need Julian - "throw him overboard ", is disrespectful and unprofessional.   It's disrespectful to Will DeVry, who's  probably had to put up with a lot of weird crap working with her wine drunk, no filter ass.  And unprofessional because how excited will any other actor be to work with her now? Not very.  Good job, Nancy.   

• Love 2

Yes, to pull the rug out from under Julexis is a very risky move. But no risk, no gain. And you can’t say this isn’t interesting.

Beg to differ with you, Nancy. I can and will say this isn't interesting.

And I know she has a story to sell, but to say what's happening with Julian and Alexis isn't one of the five same stories is ridiculous. Not only is this not a new story, it's not even a new story for Julian and Alexis.

22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

she seems determined to go down with the ship that is GH.

This I can't fault her for: It's unlikely she'll get a steady paycheck elsewhere (i.e., other than a soap).

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

But firstly, openly insulting male writers, which is rather sexist (had a male said that about female writers, there would be backlash like crazy)

That's a good point, I dunno what a writer's gender (or sexual orientation either, as I've seen comments leveled against Ron Carlivati and his ability to write a straight romance because he's gay) has to do with anything. 

And plenty of women writers have written bad stories for women, my go-to example of which is Megan McTavish undoing Erica Kane's abortion.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's a good point, I dunno what a writer's gender (or sexual orientation either, as I've seen comments leveled against Ron Carlivati and his ability to write a straight romance because he's gay) has to do with anything. 

And plenty of women writers have written bad stories for women, my go-to example of which is Megan McTavish undoing Erica Kane's abortion.

Exactly.   It makes feminism look bad when comments like that are made.   We want equality for all genders, not to say "Nah nah nah boo boo women are better, men can eat doo doo."  NLG is constantly championing for women's rights, but fails to see the damage things like this do for the cause.   You cannot climb to the top on other people's backs.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This I can't fault her for: It's unlikely she'll get a steady paycheck elsewhere (i.e., other than a soap).

I don't blame her but she sounds more than a little silly talking about not going down with the Titanic when GH overall is in shambles. 

• Love 3

NLG ragging on male writers is unfair but RC didn't so much write a "story" for Alexis/Julian as a series of increasingly ridiculous sex vignettes interspersed with hyperventilating and breakups because Julian lied, again some more - in a totally unforeseen and shocking twist. 

JP/SA just took more time to tell the exact same "story" while continuing to tread water

• Love 5

Alexis and Julian weren’t just smacked together like so many soap couples are these days. Their relationship unfolded slowly, gradually, truthfully. It’s been a real relationship. We saw their love blossom.

We all believed Julian. There was enough evidence in the writing of their relationship that this guy had truly changed and that his love for Alexis was genuine, authentic, trustable. I do not believe any of that was a lie, which is what makes this new direction even more shocking and interesting to me.

If we eventually have to throw Julian overboard, so be it.

http://giphy.com/gifs/80s-goodbye-leave-WTlH9XMLIAD4I

• Love 3
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, Nancy. Nancy, Nancy, Nancy...

I give you two horrifying words: Megan. McTavish.

Thank you and goodnight.

Ha.  I remembered Megan McTavish wrote the very feminist tale of young, barely legal Bianca being brutally raped by Michael Cambius.  That was, IMO, one of the most vicious rape scenes since the OLTL spring fling, except this literally told no social message at all and Bianca got pregnant.  Other gems beyond unaborting a 70's abortion were Greenlee so in love with Leo that she went to therapy and pretended to be Laura so she could figure out how to win him from his wife that he married who was dying and evil, while J Eddie Peck was playing Jake all charming and lovely.  Yes, please.  May we have more forward thinking feminist stories like that?  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

well, one (LW) out of three ain't bad ;)

Oh Laura, sticking your tongue out in a photo. So edgy. 

She's better than the other two, though. 

• Love 2

SID is stating that the Staff has renewed her contract.  FML (or, maybe more appropriately, F this show's L).  Why the fuck are these useless albatrosses like Nina and Franco kept around?  I will never get it.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, magnolia11 said:

SID is stating that the Staff has renewed her contract.  FML (or, maybe more appropriately, F this show's L).  Why the fuck are these useless albatrosses like Nina and Franco kept around?  I will never get it.

(sigh) of course she has...

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, magnolia11 said:

NOOOOO.  I was so hoping that MS would want to run back to her old peeps now that Soap Killer had been fired. 

• Love 2

SOD is reporting that James Patrick Stewart has joined the cast.  He used to play Will Corlandt on AMC.  He's an attractive dark haired man with some scruff.  No word on his role, but he's already taping.  I dgaf who it is as long as he's not related to Sonny, Hayden, or Tree.  They have enough useless family members.