Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

So, then, was Vaughan trolling his GH fans with that tweet? I can't imagine WHY he'd want to return to this show after the way he was fired, and he wasn't quiet about how it was done, either.  But, as I've read here, it's a paycheck.  But dear Lord, I hope it's not true and he doesn't come back as Lucky.  Yes, Greg, work on those other things you've got.  I've nothing against him personally, but I did not like his Lucky Spencer at all, because he wasn't Lucky.  Not to me.

• Love 11
Bryan Craig tweet:

Feels like the week of blood sweat and tears ahead of me. God give me strength

That Emmy isn't going to just fall into your hands, BryDog. You gotta work for it!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

Bryan Craig tweet:

Feels like the week of blood sweat and tears ahead of me. God give me strength

my tweet back, for no reason I can really explain: u ok bro?

balloon payment on his porsche due?

• Love 8

Frank Valentini ‏@valentinifrank 

Nathan + Maxie make magic...@RyanPaevey @teenystweeting @GeneralHospital #GHWildWinter #GH

did they do anything in particular today?

Did Ryan emote?  Now that would be a miracle.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

Aw.

@MyJasonThompson: Congrats to my dear friend, DIRECTOR.. @whitewatercrew. So proud of you. Can't wait to be on the other side of your lens one of these days.

@whitewatercrew: @MyJasonThompson I guess this means you watched it thank you. Can't wait for that day...

• Love 8

From the TFGH thread:

I think DZ is about to leave the show.

The link to these "blind items" was posted on twitter, but I'm sorry I can't re-find it.  I'll edit when/if I do. Until then, here they are.  I assume all 4 remaining soaps are game. I brought this over because I can see DZ being the person who has called the show home for years leaving:

1. This performer will soon leave the show he/she has called home for years.

2. These young co-stars are part of a very popular on-screen couple. Unfortunately, they can't stand each other. Look for these performers to finally get their wish, when their story together comes to an end.

3. This newcomer has a scandalous past that he/she would like to keep hidden, but it could also give him/her a whole new legion of fans.

4. This performer has been told to get in shape, or else.

5. This performer left his/her show a couple of years ago and desperately wants back on. It's not happening. Consider the company you keep.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

IMO, TC just needs to take a shower more than once a month, and stop into hair and makeup on his way to the set.

I wonder if number 4 is Billy Miller. Considering he's on GH, the soap with the least subtle producer (ask SK), it makes me think. He's also playing Jason, the romantic lead.

No one has "joked" that Jason is fat, though. Or was that just a Ron thing?

Daytime Emmy pre-noms

Lead Actor: MB, TG, TC

Lead Actress: LW, MW, FH

Supporting Actor: Sean Blakemore, DZ

Supporting Actress: none

Younger Actor: BC, TR, NB

Younger Actress: HE, BRS

Wouldn't it be awesomely hilarious if Nicholas Bechtel beat out Brydog?

I don't expect Maura to get a nom, I'm happy with just the pre-nom. Not a good year for material for her. Plus, I'm still happy from last year. I hope Fin wins, she rocked the entire year, in pretty much every scene she was in.

Struggling to remember anything that SB did that was worthy. I guess when he got arrested maybe.

If MB wins, you guys will have to send me to Shadybrook or Pentonville, because I will lose it.

• Love 4

I don't think we have to worry about MB winning.  If anyone from GH takes it, it will be because the voters couldn't resist sending TG off into the sunset with one last Emmy.  

Probably true. Not that he's a much better choice.

• Love 3

Daytime Emmy pre-noms

BryDog, you made it through! One step closer, buddy!!

[reads fine print]  All younger acting categories proceed directly to the blue ribbon round [/fine print]

So, congrats on getting your name in on time? 

• Love 6

Daytime Emmy pre-noms

None for supporting actress? Ouch. That's too bad. I thought ER deserved one. At least, if DZ got a pre-nom she definitely deserves it.

• Love 2

In a perfect world, BM, JT, BH, and KeMo should have all had material in the Nov. Jason reveal to garner at least a pre-nom. Instead, the reveal went like this...

Jason: "I am Jason Morgan."

Sam: "Do you remember me? I never let you go. Here's your motorcycle while I go back to another man's bed."

Liz: "Jason? Oh, hi, this is brand new info!"

Patrick: *in and out of deep sleep* "You divorcing that dude, right?" *falls back asleep*

• Love 10

I think the only two they'll probably win tbh is Lead Actor and Younger Lead Actor and that's only because TG retired and TR is probably leaving for Showtime. The other categories have better material for the actors or better actors.

I wouldn't count out any of the GH leading women.

I can easily see Laura Wright winning. She'll benefit from the black and white period episode that had long scenes. It was of such a different quality than the wham, bam! pacing of each of the other soaps. 

Maura just has that "it" factor that the blue panel voters love. She takes lines and interprets them in a way that the actors judging wouldn't, and they like that.

Finola, depending on what she submits, has some powerful moments. She can convey deep emotion through her body language and expressions.

I don't watch any of the other shows, other than Days on a rare occasion, and with that caveat, I'd be inclined to say that LW will win.

• Love 1

Wow, ML and NLG completely dissing poor Ron, it amuses me but at the same time, it kinda really shows their phony sides, given how much time they spent ass kissing him:

Logan: Word is, the previous writing regime resented the success of Julexis.

Grahn: Absolutely. They were enjoying the ride and they let it be known and sometimes that didn’t go over well. The response to one fan who went on Twitter and wanted to see more of Julexis was, “If you don’t stop complaining, you won’t see them at all!” The good news is that Nathan Varni at ABC and [executive producer] Frank Valentini are very enthusiastic about Julian and Alexis. They haven’t tried to mess with this relationship or drive it someplace else. They actually appreciate the audience’s loyalty.

Logan: Back in the day, soap writers treasured unexpected chemistry and milked it for all it was worth. It wasn’t considered a threat. It was considered gold.

• Love 3

The response to one fan who went on Twitter and wanted to see more of Julexis was, “If you don’t stop complaining, you won’t see them at all!”

While I'm loathe to defend Ron - and think him tweeting that back was beyond stupid - I'd be willing to wager that said fan was like, "OMG, my faves haven't been on for two days, why does the show hate them?!?!  #julexisarmy4eva". 

Also, it's amusing how NLG gushes all over the new writers and then admits that Alexis' interest in a church wedding is indeed out-of-nowhere and silly.

ETA...I missed the part about MB being pissed that the set for Julian and Alexis' house is bigger than Sonny's....HA!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Ulkis

I just had lunch! C'mon, why are trying to make me lose it?

A 3-day wedding? Way to try to get Feb. sweeps record lows.

The best parts -- Logan saying that their acting aint nothing to write home about (my interpretation) and Nancy literally responding with "his abs" as being the thing about working with WdV that she likes the most.

The one thing Ron and I can ever agree on -- Julexis sucks.

• Love 4

A 3-day wedding? Way to try to get Feb. sweeps record lows.

I'm pretty neutral on Alexis and Julian, but I think doing an old school, splashy wedding vs. one in a courthouse/dive bar/living room/hospital room is kinda nice.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

Wouldn't it be awesomely hilarious if Nicholas Bechtel beat out Brydog?

I don't expect Maura to get a nom, I'm happy with just the pre-nom. Not a good year for material for her. Plus, I'm still happy from last year. I hope Fin wins, she rocked the entire year, in pretty much every scene she was in.

Struggling to remember anything that SB did that was worthy. I guess when he got arrested maybe.

If MB wins, you guys will have to send me to Shadybrook or Pentonville, because I will lose it.

Have you ever seen the footage from when he won his first Emmy in 2003? All the delusional Sonny fan girls were screaming so loud you'd think it was Olivier winning an Oscar or something.

I'm pretty neutral on Alexis and Julian, but I think doing an old school, splashy wedding vs. one in a courthouse/dive bar/living room/hospital room is kinda nice.

I agree, but it didn't have to be at a church - they could have broken out that banquet hall Sonny and Brenda got married in. And it's annoying, cause they'll just get married at the church they've been using since Dante and Lulu got married (which was supposed to be in Brooklyn, and which is why they used a different church for that wedding instead of the Queen of Angels place they always used to use before that), and also, it will be Catholic, even though Alexis is supposed to be Russian Orthodox. I'm nitpicky today!

• Love 2