Type keyword(s) to search

My admittedly imperfect memory has me believing that Wes and Laurel's jaunt to Cleveland took place during spring break. So I am under the impression that this is within the school year.

Although real-world Stanford Law apparently makes its transfer application available March 15 and accepts apps through June 15, I assume a little dramatic license is being taken by the show and we're still before June.

One difference between this season and last is they've largely abandoned the classes that the K5 have been going to, even AK's own. There's been relatively little talk about the this or that class, exams, outlines or any of that jazz.

Heh, Oliver even told Connor "I never see you study".

I almost kind of like that this show has gotten to a point where I don't feel the need to rank the characters based on morality anymore. Bonnie said it best last week: they're all terrible people. I mean at this point I might sort them by murderers (Wes, Frank, Bonnie, Asher) and accomplices (Annalise, Connor, Michaela, Laurel, Nate) but even that barely matters anymore. It actually makes watching the show easier and more enjoyable: y'all are awful, let's see how you continuing to be awful makes shit spiral even more out of control.

• Love 6

I also think the twist will be that Adam Arkin's Wallace isn't Wes' father. I think as some have speculated, that just like we saw with the murder case, he was trying to protect his slime all son.

I don't see how that would work. I don't have the exact numbers in my head, but at the time of Wes's mothers death Wes was like 10 and the son was about 20. I guess it is theoretically possible for a 10 year old to father a son but then he wouldn't be the sleazeball in that situation.

Also can we please find a way for these folks to get information besides Oliver's "hacking?" The FBI can't get into an iPhone but Oliver can "hack" Annalisse's credit cards and get access to the redacted warrant for her AND the the station video feed?! Stop. Put a little effort in. They have Nate on their side. He could've gotten any one of those things and it would have meant that characters could be doing something instead of just standing around talking while Oliver "hacks."

Oliver is a magic hacker, like every hacker on TV (except Mr. Robot). I think we've just got to live with it.
  • Love 2

I don't see how that would work. I don't have the exact numbers in my head, but at the time of Wes's mothers death Wes was like 10 and the son was about 20. I guess it is theoretically possible for a 10 year old to father a son but then he wouldn't be the sleazeball in that situation.

Did they actually say his age at any point? To me he looked like he could have been 26, making him 16 at the time Wes would have been conceived.

Did they actually say his age at any point? To me he looked like he could have been 26, making him 16 at the time Wes would have been conceived.

I don't think they've specified for the character, but the actor (Wilson Bethel) is 32. I get the impression that the character is supposed to be mid-to-late twenties, though.

• Love 2

I watched the last two episodes several times but there is still something I'm not clear on: did Christophe ever see Anneliese when he was a child? Talking to his mother in the park, maybe?

Because I'm wondering if he knew her the day he first walked into the lecture Hall. If so, I need to see the first episode again.

I figure that somehow Anneliese got his father to pay for his upkeep the past 10 years, or was she somehow supporting him? And did she arrange for him to jump from the Wait list to a seat in the class.

I watched the last two episodes several times but there is still something I'm not clear on: did Christophe ever see Anneliese when he was a child? Talking to his mother in the park, maybe?

Because I'm wondering if he knew her the day he first walked into the lecture Hall. If so, I need to see the first episode again.

I figure that somehow Anneliese got his father to pay for his upkeep the past 10 years, or was she somehow supporting him? And did she arrange for him to jump from the Wait list to a seat in the class.

I'm assuming we'll find out more in season 3, but I've watched the first episode of the series several times, and it was clear that Wes didn't know who Annalise was before he walked into her classroom. I think Annalise probably did help him get off the wait list, and it's likely she was helping him from afar - though we don't know to what extent.

I'm curious about what happened to Wes after his mother's death. I'm assuming he went into foster care, and maybe Annalise had something to do with that.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 3

I doubt he knew who she was. He may have seen her once or twice as a kid, but he probably did not have enough interaction with her to recognize her 10 years later.  Most people don't remember everyone they met as a kid.

• Love 4

Sooo, after ruining everything with her blabby mouth, Laurel feels entitled to demand that Frank divulge even more information about Lila's murder? Sorry not sorry, he had full rights to backhand her across the room, imo.

I think Nate and Annalise are better together than Annalise and Eve. They are all amoral people, but Nate still has some lines he won't cross, and shows at least some awareness of the lives he's crushing, even if he proceeds to do it anyway. Eve is never phased by anything, she only expresses annoyance if she perceives the risk associated with the action as being too high. I think if Annalise stayed with Eve they would be glorious and heartless together, but what little remains of her soul would be snuffed out.

I could see Nate willingly going back to visit Annalise's family, I think Eve would think the experience was cute and then never show up again until the next major funeral.

Can someone just shoot Wes? He's snotty entitlement is astounding, as his utter disregard for everyone around him.  He may never have met Daddy Warbucks, but clearly the family sociopathy runs in him nevertheless. 

I need to remember to buy popcorn for the episode Connor finds out what Oliver did. 'Cause shit's gonna go down.

Even assuming for argument's sake that Wes saw Annalise as a kid, he appears to have specifically blocked out some memories related to his mother's death such that he seemed unsure as to whether he himself killed her. So I would be very doubtful that he would have retained meeting Annalise at all, especially if he associated it with his mother's death.

• Love 1

Decided to finish the remaining episodes since midseason. I want my time back.

This show is a bloody disgusting mess, it is far worse than any soap opera that I have ever seen.

It has no redeeming qualities at this point, it has ruined every beautiful and compelling character it once had.

This time Im really gone.

Edited by WildcardC

We all go with a show until we don't go anymore. I appreciate you walking away when you are done, I wish I had done that on other shows.  I'm going to stick around here for next season, but I get why some might not.  Be well!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

Just finished my season 2 re-watch. I think my favorite thing about this season was how the writers really deepened the relationships between the characters. That's what made the season - and in particular, the last 2 episodes - so powerful for me. 

I don't hate Oliver for what he did (rejecting Connor's acceptance to Stanford behind Connor's back). I get why he did it. He is basically starstruck by Annalise and the world of the K5. Connor's decision to keep him in the dark means that all Oliver sees is the exciting part of things. I'm assuming that will change in season 3.

I'm really curious about where Frank fled to. His conversation with Bonnie was cool to watch (loved how they were passing the bottle of whiskey back and forth). Those two have a very interesting relationship.

I bet Wes regrets going off to try and talk to Wallace Mahoney on his own. *smh* That child will never learn.

I totally forgot that Michaela and Asher almost had sex again in this ep. The idea of those 2 is growing on me. I can't wait for the rest of the Keating crew to find out about it. The reaction faces will be price. less.

Nate and Annalise at her mother's house was so awesome! They actually seemed like a normal couple. Don't worry, I'm not going to ship them - I know what folly is to ship people on this show. Ha!

• Love 1
On May 19, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

Just finished my season 2 re-watch. I think my favorite thing about this season was how the writers really deepened the relationships between the characters. That's what made the season - and in particular, the last 2 episodes - so powerful for me. 

I don't hate Oliver for what he did (rejecting Connor's acceptance to Stanford behind Connor's back). I get why he did it. He is basically starstruck by Annalise and the world of the K5. Connor's decision to keep him in the dark means that all Oliver sees is the exciting part of things. I'm assuming that will change in season 3.

I'm really curious about where Frank fled to. His conversation with Bonnie was cool to watch (loved how they were passing the bottle of whiskey back and forth). Those two have a very interesting relationship.

I bet Wes regrets going off to try and talk to Wallace Mahoney on his own. *smh* That child will never learn.

I totally forgot that Michaela and Asher almost had sex again in this ep. The idea of those 2 is growing on me. I can't wait for the rest of the Keating crew to find out about it. The reaction faces will be price. less.

Nate and Annalise at her mother's house was so awesome! They actually seemed like a normal couple. Don't worry, I'm not going to ship them - I know what folly is to ship people on this show. Ha!

I enjoyed season 1, season 2 was ok. While I love watch Viola act in this show I can't with the bizarre and ridiculous storylines. That's why I stopped watching Scandal. I'm going to watch the next season hopefully the craziness will be limited and we can enjoy more kiss ass court room drama VD shells out. 

• Love 2

So here is what's bothering me. Why would they pay frank all that money just to plant a bug? Makes no sense. They could have paid a maid $100 to do it. Or just picked the lock and done it themselves. There is more to it than that. I'm guessing they paid him to be more involved than we've seen on screen yet. Maybe he was driving the vehicle that crashed into her. I mean they don't always explain motives properly until way later on(why frank would kill Lyla, why wes' mom would off herself) either that or I missed something. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Adusk81 said:

So here is what's bothering me. Why would they pay frank all that money just to plant a bug? Makes no sense. They could have paid a maid $100 to do it. Or just picked the lock and done it themselves. There is more to it than that. I'm guessing they paid him to be more involved than we've seen on screen yet. Maybe he was driving the vehicle that crashed into her. I mean they don't always explain motives properly until way later on(why frank would kill Lyla, why wes' mom would off herself) either that or I missed something. 

With this show you never know...next season we will find out that Makayla is Annelie's cop boyfriend daughter from a college sweetheart. 

10 hours ago, Adusk81 said:

They might have trouble getting a maid to do it...even if they paid her $100, there's a good chance she could have a conscience and be afraid that someone would get hurt (or at the very least, that she might be found and get fired, which wouldn't be worth the $100). As for picking the lock, I can't remember, did the hotel doors use key cards? Cuz it would be a lot harder to pick that kind of lock, I'm assuming. There's also the possibility that Annalise could come back while they were in the process of trying to pick the lock and catch them.

Frank made sense, in context, because it was clear that he was becoming increasingly frustrated with Annalise and even admitted that he wanted her to lose the case out of his own spite (which he thought was all that would happen, not that they'd try to kill her). He was also someone that they knew Annalise would let into her room, allowing him to plant the bug.

I agree, it is a little elaborate, but I think with this show it's easy to push that kind of stuff under the rug. I think the reveal that Frank was responsible (and that his involvement is what led to Lila's murder) is worth a few logic slips here and there.

• Love 1

That all makes sense but it's still a bit over the top and really expensive if that's all they needed him for. I'm expecting that we will find out they had him do more.