Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: 10 Chefs Again

• Start Topic

Episode synopsis: The contestants compete in a Bison-dish challenge that test their archery and cooking skills; cowboy-steak night with news commentator Stacey Dash and Olympic gold medalist Phil Dalhausser.

Um. So is Stacey Dash an actress? Because I thought I heard them say Stacey Dash the actress four or five times. Which confused me a bit, because I recall a much younger woman named Stacey Dash with a drastically different nose who had an acting career, but I could have sworn this one was the Fox News spokesmodel who had time to eat out and serve as the most awkward joke at the Oscars because she was suspended for cussing.

Oh, Jackie. I don't care if you're 3/4 of the way through applying for cooking school. The point of all the woke up this morning, got myself a spatula jersey girl posturing was supposed to be that you're italian. Which doesn't make the burger you were describing less nauseating (no matter where you stand on the fish and cheese debate, I think we can agree that they don't meet with saffron in a bison burger), but you're supposed to know how to make meatballs.

Hopefully, now that they've gotten the assault they cast her for, she'll be going home.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Um. So is Stacey Dash an actress? Because I thought I heard them say Stacey Dash the actress four or five times. Which confused me a bit, because I recall a much younger woman named Stacey Dash with a drastically different nose who had an acting career, but I could have sworn this one was the Fox News spokesmodel who had time to eat out and serve as the most awkward joke at the Oscars because she was suspended for cussing.

They are one and the same.  She was actually 28 when Clueless came out in 1995.

• Love 4

Ramsay's running out of excuses to keep Jackie for the drama. She wasn't the worst tonight, granted, but she is the weakest chef.

Kristin is my favourite now - I liked her from the beginning, but she's grown on me as the only likeable chef here. Ashley and Ariel really screwed the pooch here, Chad, Jared, Dannie and Manda are way inconsistent. Frank is like Nick from last year - he's not a bad chef, but he does largely rely on his team to win things, and he'll struggle later on. Jackie's just a lost cause. She can't stay until the black jackets. I was mad last year that Alison got booted before black jackets, but if Jackie gets one, then god damn.

Black jacket contenders:
*Ariel

*Ashley

*Jared

*Chad

*Kirstin

*Dannie

Does it not annoy anyone else that Ramsay still says "Gerard" instead of "Jared"? :p

• Love 1

Stacey Dash is desperately trying to be relevant.   She has been in trouble for blaming Obama for not fixing race relations in this country, saying he tricked the country with a promise to unify everyone, and he hasn't done so.  She said she was against having Black History month and Black organizations which she believes promote segregation.   A year ago, she spoke out against Patricia Arquette's Oscar acceptance speech because she spoke for equal wages for women.   Stacey Dash said that a law passed in 1963 guaranteed equal pay, so its no longer a problem. 

Being on Hells Kitchen is just one more appearance trying to get people to remember she's still around.  

I think her agent is working over time to get her noticed, because not very long ago, I had no idea who she was.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4

Hopefully, now that they've gotten the assault they cast her for, she'll be going home.

It kind of gives me the shivers that they're treating this like a joke. They may have the foreknowledge (because this was filmed awhile ago) to know that whatever fight there was amounted to no real injury... but if that's so WE don't. What we've seen though is that this psycho filmed multiple talking heads, and had multiple extemporaneous moments with other contestants, where she used phrases like "break your face" or "shove a fist down your throat" or variations. And they did nothing. Even if her "fight" turns out to be only a brief scuffle, the show seems to be implying we should be finding this all amusing/entertaining and not like they've shot their last bit of credibility to shreds by purposefully casting someone who isn't even qualified for the show because she was a thug and they hoped that would manifest on screen.
  • Love 7

I wanted them to leave Jackie in the tiger's cage.  But that would be mean to the tiger.  Why is Jackie still on the show?

Jackie's still on the show because they think she causes drama and (to be fair) she wasn't the worst screw up in this service.  In fact, not by a long shot.  Based on the service she's right, she should not have been up there but based on "who is your team's weakest chef" she definitely belonged.  Ashley and Ariel had terrible services (especially Ariel) but Joe had an even worse service.  The difference was his team bailed him out (they had four people on garnish at one point) where as Ariel and Ashley weren't bailed out.  And screwing up fish and meat are worse than screwing up garnish so the red team was sent packing early.

Ramsay's running out of excuses to keep Jackie for the drama. She wasn't the worst tonight, granted, but she is the weakest chef.

Kristin is my favourite now - I liked her from the beginning, but she's grown on me as the only likeable chef here. Ashley and Ariel really screwed the pooch here, Chad, Jared, Dannie and Manda are way inconsistent. Frank is like Nick from last year - he's not a bad chef, but he does largely rely on his team to win things, and he'll struggle later on. Jackie's just a lost cause. She can't stay until the black jackets. I was mad last year that Alison got booted before black jackets, but if Jackie gets one, then god damn.

Black jacket contenders:

*Ariel

*Ashley

*Jared

*Chad

*Kirstin

*Dannie

Does it not annoy anyone else that Ramsay still says "Gerard" instead of "Jared"? :p

I like Kristin as well - she's been pretty under the radar most of the season and when she started getting talking heads this episode I thought it meant she was heading home.  But instead she turned in another solid but quiet performance while others imploded around her.  I don't think she's had a bad service and she usually does okay in the challenges.

Jared seemed like a contender but he's fallen off.  Plus his ego is too big.  Chad is just hanging on, Frank is a male version of Jackie toned down a little bit.  Dannie's version of herself far exceeds the real world version of her.  Manda's hanging on - she occasionally does well in challenges, sometimes not as well and usually struggles a little but not excessively during service.  Ashley had been largely flying under the radar until this episode but then she really screwed up her steaks.

I could see Jackie outlasting Dannie or Chad for the black jackets but if she does she'll be the first to go home.  It's not like Dannie or Chad has a chance of winning anyway...

• Love 1

Ha! Watching them have to clean up after the bison made my week.

Jackie, news flash: not all of us care about New Jersey and/or Italian cuisine. Expand your worldview. Try different cuisines.

Not sad they sent Joe (Frank and Joe are the Hardy Boys!) and I was surprised how well he took it.

• Love 3

Stacey Dash = worlds biggest unintentional joke

Stacey Dash is desperately trying to be relevant.   She has been in trouble for blaming Obama for not fixing race relations in this country, saying he tricked the country with a promise to unify everyone, and he hasn't done so.  She said she was against having Black History month and Black organizations which she believes promote segregation.   A year ago, she spoke out against Patricia Arquette's Oscar acceptance speech because she spoke for equal wages for women.   Stacey Dash said that a law passed in 1963 guaranteed equal pay, so its no longer a problem. 

Being on Hells Kitchen is just one more appearance trying to get people to remember she's still around.  

I think her agent is working over time to get her noticed, because not very long ago, I had no idea who she was.

I wish she had just allowed herself to be "that other girl in Clueless....who went on to be in the Clueless TV show!"

Its not like she had some great legacy to destroy.  And in the words of Chris Rock...."take off that silly ass hat"

• Love 2

Stacey Dash = worlds biggest unintentional joke

Please. Stacey Dash THE ACTRESS.

It kind of gives me the shivers that they're treating this like a joke. They may have the foreknowledge (because this was filmed awhile ago) to know that whatever fight there was amounted to no real injury... but if that's so WE don't. What we've seen though is that this psycho filmed multiple talking heads, and had multiple extemporaneous moments with other contestants, where she used phrases like "break your face" or "shove a fist down your throat" or variations. And they did nothing. Even if her "fight" turns out to be only a brief scuffle, the show seems to be implying we should be finding this all amusing/entertaining and not like they've shot their last bit of credibility to shreds by purposefully casting someone who isn't even qualified for the show because she was a thug and they hoped that would manifest on screen.

I wonder if she's not slightly impaired, but it really doesn't matter, because there are people making the decision to keep her on as a threat to other contestants after more than one week where she could have credibly gone home from poor performance, and it's not right. I realize this moved past being a show about food years ago, but it's not supposed to be Survivor.

Of course, the Food Network is trying to make violent crazypants racist Robyn happen, so maybe all Jackie has to do is wait.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

I think Jackie might be a bit crazy. I'm not too surprised that Joe was sent home because Ramsay didn't want to send a contender like Ariel home.

I don't think its right to get to coast by just because you're lucky enough to be on a winning team, but if GR just fires someone on a winning team at a whim, whats the point of winning?  You should be safe if you win.  At some point the blue team would have lost again and you could get rid of Joe, but there were times that the blue team lost and they left all the cannon fodder on the red team untouched.  

• Love 2

If it is true that Jackie has only been cooking for three months, girl does have potential.  I really don't care for her but with some schooling and more experience, I can see her going far. She does need to learn how to control her temper.

• Love 2

If it is true that Jackie has only been cooking for three months, girl does have potential.  I really don't care for her but with some schooling and more experience, I can see her going far. She does need to learn how to control her temper.

Can't tell how much of her temper is real, and how much of it is her acting like a Sopranos extra because she thinks it'll get her airtime.

I don't think its right to get to coast by just because you're lucky enough to be on a winning team, but if GR just fires someone on a winning team at a whim, whats the point of winning?  You should be safe if you win.  At some point the blue team would have lost again and you could get rid of Joe, but there were times that the blue team lost and they left all the cannon fodder on the red team untouched.

I came on here to post exactly that sentiment. If GR wants to start cutting people he just doesn't like, then he needs to merge the teams early.

• Love 1

Joe has sucked the entire time, and this episode he was a disaster.  Yes, blue finished the service but at one point four people were working garnish.

Jackie sucks, but she's right that she had a decent service and didn't deserve to be nominated for her service.  Ariel had a bad service but has otherwise been strong.  I saw Joe going home a mile away. Gordon does this at least once or twice every season - send someone home who was on the winning team but performed truly, truly poorly.

• Love 3

She wasn't nominated for her service, though. He specifically charged them with picking the weakest links, so if you have a cook who not only is weak but essentially tries to start bar fights with her team mates, she's the obvious choice to go home.

• Love 2

Jackie is an insult to all Italians. She couldn't cook a frozen Totinos pizza. Why would this show even for a minute pretend that a low class pig such as her has even the slightest chance of running a GR restaurant?

As to Joe, I told my wife before that happened that Gordon was going to dump him. That scene with the fries was kind of telling. Also, Joes comment about us home armchair QB's not being able to make a risotto was pretty stupid. He is right in that I can't make a risotto, but I can certainly make some pre cut french fries without screwing them up, and I certainly don't consider myself a candidate for a GR restaurant, other than as a customer. He was another moron, but still compared to Jackie he was a shining star.

Finally, what was up with the animal farm prize? Is that the lamest challenge reward ever? Well, at least they got a blender to take home.

Edited by MajorWoody
  • Love 3