Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Ugh - all this stuff w/ Tasha is just "too much" - fitness competitions w/ bad spray tans and white hair, modeling for a romance novel cover, over the top marriage proposal in a very public setting - her and her husband just seem very "look at us" (the couple version of look at me).   It all makes me like her less, and I don't even know her yet :/.

• Love 10

The fitness competition photos of Tasha look like any other female competing... They use the extreme self tanner because it makes the muscles and definition in their bodies stand out. That's kind of the purpose of a fitness competition. The bodybuilders are even worse. 

All female figure competitors have exaggerated hair & makeup for the show. Not sure what the big deal is... 

• Love 6

Tasha is just Too Much. The person who pegged her as a LOOK AT ME girl nailed it.

when someone appears to be elaborately staging every second of their life, it is really off putting. that's a needy attention seeker and drama queen of it even ever seen one. She's too old for that.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

The fitness competition photos of Tasha look like any other female competing... They use the extreme self tanner because it makes the muscles and definition in their bodies stand out. That's kind of the purpose of a fitness competition. The bodybuilders are even worse. 

All female figure competitors have exaggerated hair & makeup for the show. Not sure what the big deal is... 

Yes--I have a dog friend who has gotten into fitness competition--I didn't even recognize her photo recently when I saw it on FB.  It (the traditional look) makes them look old to me.

6 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

As a professional photographer, that picture is not photoshopped. 

I keep having to go back on the group photos and now don't recognize many of the girls.  I wish someone techie here would "write" above each girl's head and post  who they are so I won't have such a hard time.

• Love 1

Tasha's dancing in that video was...not good. I didn't see her fan vote video, but unless she has improved dramatically, I'm surprised she made it to camp. She didn't finish her motions and lacked "power" for Kelli. (I ignored the proposal because I hate attention grabby stuff, and turned it off as soon as she started speaking to him in octaves too high for normal ears.) I don't really find her attractive either based on the few pics I've seen and that video, but will reserve judgement there until I see more of her on the show. I predict she won't last. 

• Love 6

A lot of valid points...BUT I still can't help but like her :) Especially now that no one else here likes her so she is an underdog! :-D I just think she is so pretty (those fitness competitions are always WAAAAY overdone with tans and make up...as others have said, that's the look of them and hey, it shows she can be super dedicated to diet and exercise) and I didn't think the 47 seconds of her dancing in that video is enough for me to make a judgment call on her performance; a lot of DCC were pretty bad in their fanvote video - Paige! - and became great later on.  Also can't judge her for an IG that seems to 'self promote'...that's also how many accounts are anymore. It's a second income with all the products they promote! I only wish I were 'famous' enough to get people to pay me $$$ to wear a dress from the boutique in their garage or use a certain teeth whitener LOL!! 

That said, I'm certainly not saying she should be a shoo-in.  I remember last year I thought Kelli loved Kaleigh and then found out after the fact that she was one who didn't even want her in TC! 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Java said:

So we know who was cut, but do we know who was given the shape up or ship out talk?

We know, it's on her facebook. 

7 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

We know, it's on her facebook. 

You found Jackie's FB? I was trying to find hers and there are so many women with her first/last name lol  

They are really going to have to start cutting people, more than one a night, to get rid of 11 :-/  

(edited)
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

You found Jackie's FB? I was trying to find hers and there are so many women with her first/last name lol  

They are really going to have to start cutting people, more than one a night, to get rid of 11 :-/  

She was the first one that came up when I searched her first and last name lol but I think it's private. Oh, it's Whitney not Jackie lol

Edited by heatherrrrz
1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

She was the first one that came up when I searched her first and last name lol but I think it's private. Oh, it's Whitney not Jackie lol

Right, Whitney is the one who got cut and posted on FB. Jackie was the shape up or ship out girl (ONLY IF you choose to consider that, no one is forcing anyone to do more than speculate!!! :-D)...I was trying this morning to see if I could see if she was able to hold on longer. 

Did someone say before they knew when cameos are? Are they trying to do those earlier than usual too or will they still be later in July? 

1 hour ago, sugarplum said:

Tasha's dancing in that video was...not good. I didn't see her fan vote video, but unless she has improved dramatically, I'm surprised she made it to camp. She didn't finish her motions and lacked "power" for Kelli. (I ignored the proposal because I hate attention grabby stuff, and turned it off as soon as she started speaking to him in octaves too high for normal ears.) I don't really find her attractive either based on the few pics I've seen and that video, but will reserve judgement there until I see more of her on the show. I predict she won't last. 

The whole team was actually pretty bad ;/, and their choreo managed to somehow look repetitive even though we only saw 20 seconds of it.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Right, Whitney is the one who got cut and posted on FB. Jackie was the shape up or ship out girl (ONLY IF you choose to consider that, no one is forcing anyone to do more than speculate!!! :-D)...I was trying this morning to see if I could see if she was able to hold on longer. 

Did someone say before they knew when cameos are? Are they trying to do those earlier than usual too or will they still be later in July? 

Oh! I didn't see the thing about Jackie, did I skip over it? (I choose to accept that what they're telling is the truth because so far they've been right...)

10 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

The whole team was actually pretty bad ;/, and their choreo managed to somehow look repetitive even though we only saw 20 seconds of it.

I wonder if there is video anywhere of Ashley Nicole performing with them back in the day? would have loved to see if she made massive improvements in DCC or if she was always pretty solid performer...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tasha is just Too Much. The person who pegged her as a LOOK AT ME girl nailed it.

when someone appears to be elaborately staging every second of their life, it is really off putting. that's a needy attention seeker and drama queen of it even ever seen one. She's too old for that.

This is exactly how I pegged her from day 1. Trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.... 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, bk10 said:

This thread is for speculations too and speculations don't require evidence and some of us enjoy hearing stuff even if there's no real proof yet. We should do like the mods say and ignore things that bother us.

Right. I think that's why we come to this thread to play the guessing game and try to put the pieces together. The investigating the ladies all do on here is impeccable (lol). I love it when we're right.

13 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

Nope. It's hearsay

I think it's Amy.

11 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I love what I've seen of Certsen and I think she is quite pretty but my god I hate her hair. I thought they might have helped her style it a bit better after makeovers. And I really don't like how Selina curls her hair at the bottom. It looks like she has pig tails. Rant about hair, over.. 

I don't think it looks THAT much different from what she usually has. It reminds me of Jenna's first year how they did her hair and look at her now. I'm sure they'll find something that suits her better as she matures.

2 hours ago, sugarplum said:

I thought the same thing. The energy and power from her (or the whole team for that matter) was like it was a practice run through 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

onder if there is video anywhere of Ashley Nicole performing with them back in the day? would have loved to see if she made massive improvements in DCC or if she was always pretty solid performer...

I did some research and she was on the Suns Dancers for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons. There aren't a lot of  youtube clips out there. I did find this one.I can't find her among the other the blondes. 

Edited by MrsEVH
14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I'm changing the topic.

So apparently Emily sang as part of her audition in 2013. This was news to me. If she stays in the game long enough for show group auditions, I will be really interested to find out if she has talent.

2013 DCC Finals_Emily combo.jpg

What was the purpose of the chenille bedspread around her waist?

Besides her frozen grin last time what was the issue w/Emily?  Was she too slow learning the dances?  I can't remember.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I'm changing the topic.

So apparently Emily sang as part of her audition in 2013. This was news to me. If she stays in the game long enough for show group auditions, I will be really interested to find out if she has talent.

2013 DCC Finals_Emily combo.jpg

I'm interested to hear her sing! That will surely go in her favour?? Maybe not the be all and end all but given there was NO singers last year lol... I still crack up at the show group auditions singing part. every time. "Sprangled" 

On Wednesday, June 08, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Oranaiche said:

Exactly why I love her. She's a very natural beauty in stark contrast to some of the pageant looking girls.

Disregard quote. No idea why it appeared. 

Tasha - I spent some rime creepin thru her Facebook, scaring myself actually.  Ok, I'll fess up that I'm middled-aged (52) yrs young, former dancer. When I was Tasha's age, there is NO WAY I would have been so incredibly "self absorbed ".  The constant STAGED photos of her, her with hubby, her with 6 yrs old daughter are.....are....GROSS. I'm sorry but, enough is enough. Life is not about taking 24/7 pics of oneself let alone exposing your daughter to your clearly, obsessive,  self love of your own appearance.  Tasha comes across as shallow, not serious,  & seriously weird (imo). 

At her age, I'd finished college & was on my1st "adult" job. Why are the moving around to try out for a cheerleading opportunity with 6 yrs old in tow? A man moving to another state for frickin cheerleading? This is a married Mom disguised as an attention seeking,  desperately needing to grow up, Barbie wanna-be. Yes, I'm completely turned off and NO, I don't want her to make the team.

I prefer my DCC less contrived,  so blatantly opportunistic & dare-I-say fake/phoney?

• Love 17

Didn't Kalli Fullerton's blog say that K/J showed up on Fridays?  I imagine Friday would be the perfect cut night- you have all week to get it right.  I fee like I've heard this mentioned in episodes, too- things like, have a nice weekend- I need to see the following girls- but I can't pinpoint an exact episode right now.

• Love 1

Have we discussed how the belk fashion show is today? Michelle Keys posted a boomerang on insta looks like Holly and Jacie are the two new additions to the vet segment.

3 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

I always thought Crystal looked a little trashy ... not saying she is but maybe it's the bad hair cut and hair highlights/dye job?  Love Jacie rockin' the cut

Who's the blond with the big smile and ugly purple moomoo in the middle?

9 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I always thought Crystal looked a little trashy ... not saying she is but maybe it's the bad hair cut and hair highlights/dye job?  Love Jacie rockin' the cut

Who's the blond with the big smile and ugly purple moomoo in the middle?

I think that's Schraminator?

3 hours ago, Originalroux said:

Besides her frozen grin last time what was the issue w/Emily?  Was she too slow learning the dances?  I can't remember.  

IIRC Emily had placement issues when she danced last time - like did the moves, but her shoulders, feet, hips, etc. - not where things should be positioned for a dancer.    Lack of ballet training is usually to blame for this, and it's usually very hard to fix after a certain age.  Courtney, the blonde who was one of the very last cuts last year, had this issue as well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Tasha - I spent some rime creepin thru her Facebook, scaring myself actually.  Ok, I'll fess up that I'm middled-aged (52) yrs young, former dancer. When I was Tasha's age, there is NO WAY I would have been so incredibly "self absorbed ".  The constant STAGED photos of her, her with hubby, her with 6 yrs old daughter are.....are....GROSS. I'm sorry but, enough is enough. Life is not about taking 24/7 pics of oneself let alone exposing your daughter to your clearly, obsessive,  self love of your own appearance.  Tasha comes across as shallow, not serious,  & seriously weird (imo). 

At her age, I'd finished college & was on my1st "adult" job. Why are the moving around to try out for a cheerleading opportunity with 6 yrs old in tow? A man moving to another state for frickin cheerleading? This is a married Mom disguised as an attention seeking,  desperately needing to grow up, Barbie wanna-be. Yes, I'm completely turned off and NO, I don't want her to make the team.

I prefer my DCC less contrived,  so blatantly opportunistic & dare-I-say fake/phoney?

Yeah - I agree.   And true about the husband - he sounds like he is either just as self-absorbed (showing off his trophy wife at every opportunity, and her becoming a DCC ups her trophy value so of course he's down with it), or he's a completely desperate pawn in her game.  Is the 6 year old his kid or from an ex-husband?  Is this really her third marriage?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

This is seriously the best post ever and you sum up my thoughts on Tasha very succinctly. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Costume change!

If you sing, AND change your outfit, AND dance, that will really dazzle the judges. Besides, that bedspread is dead sexy.

he sounds like he is either just as self-absorbed

I don't get that at all. Seems mostly to me like she's showing herself off and he's going along for the ride. He's certainly not showing himself off. (Are there any photos he's in where you can clearly see his face?) I can't explain why I like Tasha, I just do. She seems over the top and campy in a funny way. I find her whole deal amusing.

Is this really her third marriage?

She's been married twice for sure. I've seen no evidence of a third marriage. I think she was very young for the first, but that's not terribly unusual in Utah is it? Especially if she's Mormon. (That's not a slam to Mormons, I just read somewhere that young marriage is common in that culture.)

Edited by sleepyjean

Tasha may very well be super sweet, and I do think she's very pretty. But the vibe she gives off via social media is very much, IMO, as Twinkle described above. I don't care if she makes the team or not- if she's a badass dancer and a good person, then great, I hope she makes it. But her social media persona drives me batty. But I can't look away.... ?

• Love 1
Just now, MrsEVH said:

Britany Schramm?   Why is she called that?

LOL I don't know, but I love it and stick with it.

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

I agree with what a lot of you are saying but times are kind of different these days than when you were Tasha's age. I'm 31 and it's not uncommon for girls barely five years younger than me to post a thousand selfies a week with tons of other staged photos (gazing into distance wearing a cute outfit and full face of make up, captioned with some 'deep' quote).  Sad to say but self-absorbed is kind of the name of the game in our social media obsessed world (I agree with you that life is about so much more!!!).  I'm not trying to defend Tasha because I don't know her personally but I do think you are comparing two different worlds lol 

Again, I think she's harmless and more a product of her environment than a self-promoting snotface. She was rookie of the year on the Suns and seems to still be close with a lot of her teammates so I think she's probably a sweet girl. 

I do have a feeling that Judy is a fan of hers for no other reason than she is the Lauren Williams build...tall, blonde and mile long legs!! 

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

LOL I don't know, but I love it and stick with it.

I love it too haha I miss her on the squad :( 

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I agree with what a lot of you are saying but times are kind of different these days than when you were Tasha's age. I'm 31 and it's not uncommon for girls barely five years younger than me to post a thousand selfies a week with tons of other staged photos (gazing into distance wearing a cute outfit and full face of make up, captioned with some 'deep' quote).  Sad to say but self-absorbed is kind of the name of the game in our social media obsessed world (I agree with you that life is about so much more!!!).  I'm not trying to defend Tasha because I don't know her personally but I do think you are comparing two different worlds lol 

Again, I think she's harmless and more a product of her environment than a self-promoting snotface. She was rookie of the year on the Suns and seems to still be close with a lot of her teammates so I think she's probably a sweet girl. 

There's a girl I follow on instagram who became sorta famous? more like infamous from doing a blog on the disney college program and she posts tons of pictures that are like that wherever she goes with quotes or song lyrics lol. I think she's 22 or 23. It's not that uncommon. I guess I'm a rarity for not doing that at age 25 lol

Ohhhhh ..... I hate having Tasha - TASHA!! - compared to the really lovely and classy Lauren Williams.  

I just spent some time strolling through Tasha's blog and jaysus, is she vapid.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Ohhhhh ..... I hate having Tasha - TASHA!! - compared to the really lovely and classy Lauren Williams.  

I just spent some time strolling through Tasha's blog and jaysus, is she vapid.

I said they are both tall and blonde with long legs?? 

15 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

I love Tasha. I love her look and I think she would be the perfect replacement for Ashley N. 

I don't understand why she gets so much criticism, Sydney was far more self absorbed. 

I agree, Sydney can be.  But Tasha takes it to a whole other level when she and her husband agreed to serve as models at what sounds like a wedding photo shoot for local photographers, and then did a real wedding during the shoot.  With pictures of the event up on websites.  In my opinion - which of course only matters to me - that is so over-the-top it is ridiculous.  

• Love 4

LOL  Ok, that did make me laugh RazzleberryPie :) 

To each their own! I will say I cannot even begin to imagine sharing pics like that of myself and/or my husband and I! I hope she is featured somewhat on the show so we can get a better idea of what she is actually like! 

• Love 1