Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I wondered if they placed them like that so the could have a trio of brunette, redhead and blonde in front. Just wondering...cuz the placement of vets looked odd but the dance was cool. I wish we could have seen more. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I bet that IS show group.  Cersten as a rookie addition would make the most sense cause we know she's amazing.

I just got to say that Holly's attention seeking over-dancing is soooo annoying to me - her arm motion up in the air trying to make sure she stands out cause the camera is there - eye roll!

When I watch her I suspect years ago someone told Holly 'make love to the camera darling, make love!' 

She gives the camera the side eye which drives me nuts.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Cersten did it too...

And Danielle. And Jenna. But it's Holly, sooo... Lol.

Honestly she could read books to orphans and someone would say she was doing it for attention.

• Love 16

Melissa looks thick.  i'm not one to talk as I'm no where near in good shape but then again I'm not a DCC.  Very telling that Cersten was the only rookie in that group.  That had to be show group because all the best dancers were in that group.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JC123 said:

Can someone post the link to these pics/vids please? 

It's on the previous page, it worked for me? 

If that's show group I will say i'm a little disappointed...I thought for sure KaShara would make it this year!! 

• Love 1

My analogy is not going to go over really well but it's the only one I can think of with one cup of coffee in me.  I know dogs really, really well.  I go to shows and I train/show in obedience.  Regardless of the breed being shown, if you have the right eye, you can tell in just a minute watching them in the ring which dog is going to win or go reserve and which are not.  They just have that attitude and "look" a judge is searching for.  

That's the way I think of Holly.  That girl is gifted in dance or either she has worked her butt off (probably both).  She has the confidence needed and is just, for me, a joy to watch.  It makes me wonder about her parents.  Someone had to be very supportive and nurturing during her childhood.  I wish I had one-tenth of her confidence.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

And Danielle. And Jenna. But it's Holly, sooo... Lol.

Honestly she could read books to orphans and someone would say she was doing it for attention.

THANK YOU.  Words right out of my mouth! #teamholly 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don't get all the Holly hate.... But I've never been a fan of Sydney and I know people don't get fhe Sydney haters either. It's so interesting how differently we interpret the girls. 

I thought I read Sydney had never been a group leader?  Did I just read wrong?

7 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

I wondered if they placed them like that so the could have a trio of brunette, redhead and blonde in front. Just wondering...cuz the placement of vets looked odd but the dance was cool. I wish we could have seen more. 

I don't think the placement was anythjng permanent or a sign of the permanent Thunderstruck triangle. Looked like a pretty spontaneous, almost all freestyle fun clip at technique class.

• Love 4

Most likely the triangle at their latest performance (the one where we were trying to figure out if Jenn or Erica was up front?) is more telling of the thinderstruck triangle and just insert the rookies in the back.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

I thought I read Sydney had never been a group leader?  Did I just read wrong?

sydney was a group leader for at least two years I believe? she was never point of the triangle. 

• Love 1

I saw on the DCC twitter page about thanks to neecienoodle and show this person Denise and then Jacie teaching a class.  Click on neecienoodle and she had a video with all veterans along with one pink person doing a dance.  It is a dance where they are all stationed close and I noticed Holly really showing off.

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

I'm really tired of this "Holly showing off" notion that people have lol but whatever. 

I made that statement in that she seemed to be getting in the camera's face but I am and have always been a Holly supporter.  That doesn't mean that I blindly like everything.  Just making an observation, nothing more

• Love 1
Just now, cherryblossom said:

I made that statement in that she seemed to be getting in the camera's face but I am and have always been a Holly supporter.  That doesn't mean that I blindly like everything.  Just making an observation, nothing more

They're all getting in the camera's face, Jenn especially. That's the whole point of the video. 

I wish we had a poll thread.

• Holly is a show off/Holly's talent grabs your attention
  • Jenn should be point/Jenn isn't cute enough to be point
  • Tasha is too much/Tasha is fine the way she is
  • Stephanie is not attractive/Stephanie is pretty
  • I can't stand Sydney/I think Sydney is great
  • Amy T is too thick/Amy has a beautiful, womanly shape
  • Jinelle is beautiful/Jinelle is not beautiful

yadda yadda yadda

And we could all vote and everyone could register their opinion and we can be done with those topics, LOL. We keep going around...and around...and around.

• Love 16

Yes, Holly P can dance a bit over the top BUT the girl is AMAZING!  If I could dance at all like her...I would be rockin' it out too!  She bleeds with confidence!  My jaw drops every time I see clips of her dancing - looks so effortless.  I've met her a few times and she is actually very sweet and genuine in person.      

• Love 10
10 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Even though it is at least a year or 2 away, I am already sad that the day will come when Jenn K. is no longer on the DCC roster. I think she is among the best of the best. Her sexy is organic, her beauty is natural and her body is on point.  

I think this may be her last year. 

Anyway, I doubt that's show group. They all MAY be in show group when auditions are held, but I doubt that's it.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Shan18 said:

I thought the same thing. The energy and power from her (or the whole team for that matter) was like it was a practice run through 

I thought it was staged for the proposal. I was surprised at how low energy it was

• Love 2

That is definitely not the final Show group squad.  I believe they announced who they were in a group pic last year on Twitter.  I don't know how I feel about singling Certsen out from the other TCC's.  I agree, she is an amazing dancer as well; but she should not have a one up from everyone else just because of that and because she was coached by Denise (from what I've researched).  Not really fair for the rest of the girls wanting to audition for show group or the re-auditioning vets.  They are basically saying Certsen made show group by putting her in.    

12 hours ago, ByTor said:

I've found my closet soulmate!

I love the multicolored dress! Now the muumuus and stuff, I'm a no! I love bright funky clothes. My principal calls my style quirky. Today I'm wearing a sequin tiger tank top lol. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I love the multicolored dress! Now the muumuus and stuff, I'm a no! I love bright funky clothes. My principal calls my style quirky. Today I'm wearing a sequin tiger tank top lol. 

Right now I'm wearing a Lilly dress, blue with giant daisies and ladybugs :)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

My new lily planner arrived this week and I'm thrilled! southern charm is my new fave print. Anyway......does a Belk buyer choose the clothing or Kelli?

• Love 1
(edited)

does a Belk buyer choose the clothing or Kelli?

I expect that Belk pulls a rack of options each for Kelli and Judy and they try things on and choose what they like. Kind of like a personal shopper. But free, LOL.

I don't know how I feel about singling Certsen out from the other TCC's.  I agree, she is an amazing dancer as well; but she should not have a one up from everyone else just because of that and because she was coached by Denise (from what I've researched).

I think you may be reading a lot into it. Cersten's presence in that group could mean something. Or it could mean nothing at all.

In every dance team I've been on, when we've learned new choreo, there has almost always a moment when the choreographer pulls someone (or a few people) out and says "So and so is really killing it on this section, come up in front and show us how it's done." This may have been one of those moments.  It's just a snippet of one dance, we don't know how deliberate (or not) the choice of dancers was for this particular group, or whether Cersten is getting special treatment or an advantage that others don't have. I hesitate to assume that one dance with members of last year's show group means she's a shoe in. For all we know, they've been rotating other rookie candidates in and out of that group. Maybe they swapped her in when they took another veteran out to work with another group.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Pink with little white polka dots for me!

8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

My new lily planner arrived this week and I'm thrilled! southern charm is my new fave print. Anyway......does a Belk buyer choose the clothing or Kelli?

I had one last year but it just didn't give me enough to write everything down (I'm a note taker, don't like electronic calendars and such) so I went to a bright pink filofax with a Lilly calculator and stickers inside! :D

I am waiting patiently for the pink and orange elephant boatneck dress :D

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

Yes, Holly P can dance a bit over the top BUT the girl is AMAZING!  If I could dance at all like her...I would be rockin' it out too!  She bleeds with confidence!  My jaw drops every time I see clips of her dancing - looks so effortless.  I've met her a few times and she is actually very sweet and genuine in person.      

If I could dance like her, I'd be showing off too haha

I know Holly irritates a lot of you.. But everyone was a bit annoying when they were 18/19, I know I was! Especially seeing as she made it her first time through, made show group, closed finals solos.. She was bound to get caught up in it all, she's being told she's fabulous all the time.. 

For the record, I LOVE her 

• Love 9

I feel like as a DCC, you're kind of being told to stand out and be "extra" so that the crowd notices you, you know?

I really love Holly....I think she's beautiful, an amazing dancer, and I love her personality.  Also I followed her on Twitter and she was super sweet and actually thanked me for the follow - it seriously made my day and I think she is going to be one of the vets who could be a 5 or 6 year girl.  I'm hoping she is anyway, and that she gets to stay on as long as she wants.  With the kind of talent she has though, I'm sure she will.  Rooting for all the girls this season, I agree with @LaurenBrook that it makes me terribly sad they'll have to cut so many.  I hope they just end up having a really big squad :)

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I wish we had a poll thread.

• Holly is a show off/Holly's talent grabs your attention
  • Jenn should be point/Jenn isn't cute enough to be point
  • Tasha is too much/Tasha is fine the way she is
  • Stephanie is not attractive/Stephanie is pretty
  • I can't stand Sydney/I think Sydney is great
  • Amy T is too thick/Amy has a beautiful, womanly shape
  • Jinelle is beautiful/Jinelle is not beautiful

yadda yadda yadda

And we could all vote and everyone could register their opinion and we can be done with those topics, LOL. We keep going around...and around...and around.

Don't forget to add WHO will be point girl. It's been discussed every time vets retire.

I know it's important to some posters here and that's fine. I could care less about it.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Pink with little white polka dots for me!

I had one last year but it just didn't give me enough to write everything down (I'm a note taker, don't like electronic calendars and such) so I went to a bright pink filofax with a Lilly calculator and stickers inside! :D

I am waiting patiently for the pink and orange elephant boatneck dress :D

You have to get the jumbo planner!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, pink317 said:

Meg C, Amy T, and Holly were last year's SG rookies.

I did not realize Amy T was on show group. I like her and think she's gorgeous and articulate. I didn't know she was show group quality dance wise.

Meg C is up there with Erica and Holly on technique. 

• Love 1

I've seen so little of Amy T I have no idea what her dancing is like. I'm guessing Kelli etc. love her because she has a fuller figure than just about any other DCC I've seen  (not fat, just much curvier) yet it hasn't bothered then one bit. She really seems to be the photographers favourite too.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BritFan said:

Regarding the Belk fashion show, Caila put this throwback pic up.. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHA4hV6Bras/?taken-by=cailamichelle95

Firstly her figure is fantastic there, secondly.. well.. I have no words. Her Malibu Barbie reference says it all!

Wow, she was so much thinner! Not just ab definition but just doesn't look puffy.  I still don't really think she's 'fat', she just looks like she's retaining water (from poor diet/drinks).  That outfit is barfzilla but I get it's a fashion show lol 

4 hours ago, KristyMc19 said:

That is definitely not the final Show group squad.  I believe they announced who they were in a group pic last year on Twitter.  I don't know how I feel about singling Certsen out from the other TCC's.  I agree, she is an amazing dancer as well; but she should not have a one up from everyone else just because of that and because she was coached by Denise (from what I've researched).  Not really fair for the rest of the girls wanting to audition for show group or the re-auditioning vets.  They are basically saying Certsen made show group by putting her in.    

That's a reach. She definitely has potential to make it, and she certainly may..but I don't think her placement is saying "yeah..we're going to single you out for show group" when other RC's will definitely make it as well.

• Love 2
(edited)

Saw the fashion show pics on Twitter...

OMG that outfit they put Jenn K. in - is that a joke or what?  It looks like something a 70 year old retiree would wear to Sunday brunch at her Florida old folks condo community?  Why are they putting a DCC in that?  A lot of the other stuff is bad too, but that one is just a whole other level of bad.

Amy L's outfit looks pretty unwearable too, and what's w/ all the big shapeless smocks?  If I had the body of a DCC, a mumu smock that can fit a pregnant woman would be the LAST thing I'd be wearing that's for sure ;).

The few pics they posted of the rookies all looked good IMO - that Kelli's face looks a little plastic in that shot, but she has a cute figure.  They picked a good dress for auto Amy - it complimented her look and figure IMO.

Tia Williams looks like a million bucks as always - her body is amazing and she hasn't changed a bit.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Saw the fashion show pics on Twitter...

The few pics they posted of the rookies all looked good IMO - that Kelli's face looks a little plastic in that shot, but she has a cute figure.  They picked a good dress for auto Amy - it complimented her look and figure IMO.

I've kind of thought that about Kelli's face, I don't know if it's her makeup or what. Also, I don't think that dress did Amy any favors, it made her legs shorter. If you want to lengthen your legs, shouldn't you wear something a little shorter?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I've kind of thought that about Kelli's face, I don't know if it's her makeup or what. Also, I don't think that dress did Amy any favors, it made her legs shorter. If you want to lengthen your legs, shouldn't you wear something a little shorter?

Yeah that dress didn't help Amy. It made her look super short. Also, the shoes with an ankle strap didn't help. Ankle straps cut your legs off and make them look short...something she definitely didn't need!

Edited by MamaV
Spelling
  • Love 1

I do not think Show Group auditions happened this week with uniform fittings last Sunday and the Belk runway show this week. I think they usually do cameo pictures and the auditions around the same time. I wonder if Miss Kitty made her visit yet.

It is nice to see a few of the former DCCs at the runway show. I did not recognize Michelle Key. I see Tia is growing out her hair. I like her hair when it was shorter, but she is happy with it. I also agree with a few of the outfits the girls had on was not the best choice for them, but I should not say anything because I am far from being a fashion expert.