Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Java said:

I used to be a fan of Melissa's when she was a DCC, I was pissed off for her on the Bachelor, and loved her on DWTS. 

But now it's looking more and more like she's hanging onto her television 'career' as it were, hopping from CMT show to CMT show. She's an intelligent, articulate woman who obviously works the angles to get work, but I have to wonder if she wouldn't be better suited to move on to a REAL career at this point. Unless they are paying her an astronomical salary for this so-called mentoring, is the fluff work she's doing really worth being away from her home and family?

I think it was Jay who said one year about a candidate..  "She's past it" 

Exactly!!! That's why it's so hard for me to respect her and watch Kelli and Judy present her to the girls as THE Ultimate DCC to learn from and aspire to be. To me, her career (other than DWTS) is cringe-worthy. Bow out gracefully girl, go out on top. Don't sell yourself to every continually demeaning "role" in reality TV. It makes her seem like a shallow fame-seeker, not an esteemed former DCC who overcame her own battles with DCC style to make the team.

14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Got my I-Tune card ready to sign up for Season 11. I hope they will allow viewers to purchase the new season on Thursday August 25th.

The last few years, you could purchase the iTunes season pass a week or more in advance. The hardest thing was then waiting for the episode to be uploaded after it had aired on CMT... sometimes up to 2 days later last year. The year before, it was up to 3 days. Killed me.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GingerJ said:

Exactly!!! That's why it's so hard for me to respect her and watch Kelli and Judy present her to the girls as THE Ultimate DCC to learn from and aspire to be. To me, her career (other than DWTS) is cringe-worthy. Bow out gracefully girl, go out on top. Don't sell yourself to every continually demeaning "role" in reality TV. It makes her seem like a shallow fame-seeker, not an esteemed former DCC who overcame her own battles with DCC style to make the team.

Wouldn't it be great if cmt/ Kelly/Judy read this blog - and see what the true fans  really think of Melissa! 

watching reruns all summer- why was Courtney-( Tampa bay cheerleader & did mff w/ Brittney & Veronica) only a one year cheerleader? I loved her! 

• Love 1

I think Courtney went back to Florida? Presumption is she didn't want to do another year, so she retired. No scandal.

Zero doubt that CMT and DCC are aware of this board and have someone monitoring. It's been around way too long to not be on the radar.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 4

Oh & you know Belk- GIVES Kelly those stupid tight/bright/80's looking dresses each season. Because her fans will want to dash out & buy 10 just like her! Uggh!!  

She looks best in jeans & sandals when they're out on the mini field-" using the fresh air & space to dance big"- bingo!  I like Judy's fashion sense better- 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Wouldn't it be great if cmt/ Kelly/Judy read this blog - and see what the true fans  really think of Melissa! 

watching reruns all summer- why was Courtney-( Tampa bay cheerleader & did mff w/ Brittney & Veronica) only a one year cheerleader? I loved her! 

Courtney had some family stuff (health related, I believe) back in FL that she wanted to be present for.  She seems happy being back in FL but I miss her too! she was adorable, looks and personality. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

I've been thinking (can you smell wood burning?). For show drama, does anyone think they would call anyone back that's been cut? 

They did that one year.  I can't recall the circumstances or the TCC but I do remember the girl eventually didn't make it anyway,

• Love 1
13 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

I don't think anyone "deserves" anything. I do believe Kyndall earned a spot, yes. she was given strong praise all of camp and was called into the office just to be given praise and encouragement. I do now think Judy having CMT tell them that it will help Kyndall make the team points toward the assumption that they wanted Kyndall on the team over Kelsey.

I have to completely agree with you on Kelsey not knowing the choreo for Thunder.  That routine should be THE one to nail down and make perfect right from the beginning of training camp.  Her kicks are not strong either.  In Kyndall's scenario,  sorry to poke the bear but the girl has a very spastic style.  She definitely has more power than Kelsey , I'll give her that, but she hits things way too hard, giving it that spazzy affect and making her stand out in a bad way.  If Kyndall had made the team, they would've had to work with her on toning down and finding the flow of the music rather than dancing at an extreme level throughout each routine.  Kelsey needs to step it up and put her game face on...literally.  Making mistakes in Thunderstruck, AFTER you make the team, is no excuse.  Whether it's memory mistakes or arm and foot placement...that routine should be game ready by now.       

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

They did that one year.  I can't recall the circumstances or the TCC but I do remember the girl eventually didn't make it anyway,

They brought back Kaime in Season 4 after the two sisters left TC. Rumors were floating around Kaime thought she was a shoo-in because she was brought back into TC and was not practicing. Also an insider was saying Judy and Kelli did not like her, and she was not going to make the team anyway. Take it with a grain of salt. I think she was brought in because CMT wanted to try something new for the drama factor and ratings.

3 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

Oops- I went off topic!

15 Days!! So used to binge watching old seasons over & over my husband thinks I'm nuts!- will be hard to see only 1 a week!! 

will there be a new thread to watch & dissect each episode!?

Yes, there will be a thread for each Season 11 episode. This thread will be closed on August 25th around the time the premiere episode airs.

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

You're thinking of when they brought in Kaime after they cut the Minchews. It was while TC was still going on.

• Love 1

@LaurenBrook  And for the person who asked a few pages back about Kelsey's hair - she said that it was super shiny for the pictures from a gloss she got at Tangerine.  She said it was tinted more than they thought tho and she had darker hair than what i guess she was supposed to have for the pic LOL

Thank you so much!!  She always looks flawless and her hair is so gorgeous - I have to color mine, unfortunately, and I'm always looking for ways to get it to look shinier and healthier.  From what you mentioned it sounds like she's doing well and I'm so glad - have been rooting for her for a long time and really looking forward to watching her this season!!

• Love 1

Thanks for posting the link comparing cheering team outfits- wow! Major skanky poses & outfits!! Makes dcc diaper shorts- with butt cheeks peeking out-  look modest! Saw the BAMA dance team- classy! They can keep the iconic dcc uniform - but hire a real- read not Belk- fashion designer to tweak & update?

I think for some girls the only thing Melissa has offered them is a way to avoid a cut for a night or two more.  I think Caila would have been cut that night when Melissa saw her "in [her] office in the hallway" if Melissa didn't single her out for that God-awful intervention.  It bought her time and a chance to do a little better.  Although cutting her and keeping Breelan would have made no sense in my opinion.  Still can't see how Breelan made the team.  Aside from some obvious mistakes, I never saw the glaring errors that Ashley Pro was making according to Judy.  Her performance quality was better and I was glad she made it -- but at finals it was clear she hadn't improved.  

I wish MTT would show the vets learning the routine.  There was one bonus feature (maybe season 7 or 8) where there was a tornado that night and the girls were literally hiding in their lockers until it passed.  But at least there was a snippet of it.

As I only just saw S1 and S2, I didn't realize that the vets interviewed separately from the RCs.  They show the new girls peeking into the vets' rehearsal. Does anyone know how or why that changed?  

Also, in the early years, the vets went to Kitty also -- has that stopped altogether?  I remember a bonus clip of S7 where Mackenzie went to Kitty -- but that was the only vet I have seen with her since maybe season 3 or 4? Does anyone have info on this? Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum again, mods.  I'm terrible at this!

Edited by English Teacher
clarification
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, GingerJ said:

What "Redneck Island" doesn't sound classy - LMFAO!?!  Melissa has stretched those 15 minutes waaaaaaaaay out. At some point, it's enough girl. It's getting a bit desperate,  demeaning & downright embarrasing. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I think for some girls the only thing Melissa has offered them is a way to avoid a cut for a night or two more.  I think Caila would have been cut that night when Melissa saw her "in [her] office in the hallway" if Melissa didn't single her out for that God-awful intervention.  It bought her time and a chance to do a little better.  Although cutting her and keeping Breelan would have made no sense in my opinion.  Still can't see how Breelan made the team.  Aside from some obvious mistakes, I never saw the glaring errors that Ashley Pro was making according to Judy.  Her performance quality was better and I was glad she made it -- but at finals it was clear she hadn't improved.  

I wish MTT would show the vets learning the routine.  There was one bonus feature (maybe season 7 or 8) where there was a tornado that night and the girls were literally hiding in their lockers until it passed.  But at least there was a snippet of it.

As I only just saw S1 and S2, I didn't realize that the vets interviewed separately from the RCs.  They show the new girls peeking into the vets' rehearsal. Does anyone know how or why that changed?  

Also, in the early years, the vets went to Kitty also -- has that stopped altogether?  I remember a bonus clip of S7 where Mackenzie went to Kitty -- but that was the only vet I have seen with her since maybe season 3 or 4? Does anyone have info on this? Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum again, mods.  I'm terrible at this!

Ah yes! I remember that in season 2, after the new girls interviewed they peaked in on the vets practicing.  that was so odd.  I think it's so much wiser to have the vets and new girls mixed in interviews, to see who can compare to vets poise, etc.  I forget which season that changed...

And good point, I don't think we've seen any vets at Kitty's practice in a few years.  probably figure there are enough new girls to focus on! lol 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Annette said:

What "Redneck Island" doesn't sound classy - LMFAO!?!  Melissa has stretched those 15 minutes waaaaaaaaay out. At some point, it's enough girl. It's getting a bit desperate,  demeaning & downright embarrasing. 

curious how much she makes though...

• Love 2

Melissa’s priority is her family.  Her entertainment “career” pays well, is not demanding on her time and allows her to live in Dallas. Yes, she did more before she started having babies.  Why anyone would want to be an entertainment journalist beats me but I think she was kind of handed all of it after DWTS. 

Sorry mods...I went off topic.

• Love 3

Does anyone know what Hunter is up to since she quit being a Mavs Dancer for DCC?? :// I know she is helping with Michelle's power classes but anything else? Love her !!!

Edited by abbyf123
25 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Melissa’s priority is her family.  Her entertainment “career” pays well, is not demanding on her time and allows her to live in Dallas. Yes, she did more before she started having babies.  Why anyone would want to be an entertainment journalist beats me but I think she was kind of handed all of it after DWTS. 

Sorry mods...I went off topic.

sigh ...  everyone's priority is or should be family ... just not everyone can afford to make that the number one thing so kudos to her for having the financial freedom and flexibility to do so

• Love 4
19 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

CMT pays them to do the show. It also provides a whole lot of international exposure. CMT definitely influences decisions. It's all a business above anything else.

I think CMT influences them more than we'd like to believe.  It used to be that they'd take their squad from auditions, plus one or two and cut only a few during training camp.  Now, since the show, they're up to 10 or more.  They used to have everyone wear the same thing to practice; now they're separated by pink and blue.

Look at all of the "special guest appearances" and "mentors" that they have now and in the past - Melissa, Kellie Pickler, and Kacey Musgraves.  Musgraves baffles me a little because no way were Kelli and Judy okay with that pot-smoking country singer critiquing their team.  Every year it seems like they have a new "fitness or health guru" that is sponsoring the team or has paid for product placement.

• Love 2

Even if CMT is indeed a big influencer, it's still an awesome dance job for the summer if they don't make the squad. I would rather be one of ten extra taken to training camp so I have a chance to improve and learn the DCC style straight from the horses mouth, than have the whole squad plus a couple extras picked at the final audition. 

And they get a paycheck and some swag instead of paying for those classes on their own. Maybe I just have way too positive of an attitude. Was it Ashley Kelly who made the camp twice but never made the squad? She had only been dancing for a year and seemed to make the most of her time there. I'm sure she was disappointed that she never made the final team, but seemed to enjoy the experience anyway. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

I will be bluntly honest, I am still in shock Kelsey made training camp let alone the team. In my own personal opinion she isn't ready. The power and style aren't there. The night the team was announced she was getting called out for her kicks not improving and still being bent, low, and tight. She hasn't made I through an entire run of Thunderstruck without mistakes. She needs a solid year of DCC training not Ice Angels or any other semi pro team. In my honest opinion she made the team thanks to CMT. Every other girl that attended Melissa's class was cut besides Kelsey. CMT couldn't have Melissa's segment looking as pointless and ratings thirsty as it is. So for that they searched for flaws in Kyndall, Heather O., Auto Amy, Milan, and Jessika. Do I think if Kyndall had attended the workshop she would have made the team over Kelsey? definitely. Though I think I any girl would rather make the team off skill not being "Melissa's Girl". Especially since that has seemed to be the kiss of death since Melissa joined the show along with fan vote. I am not shocked Kelsey was taken out of Thunder, I hope for her own personal embarrassment she can get it together and be put back in. Though at the expense of the team if shes not ready I wouldn't want to see her on the field.

I don't see the fans caring that much considering they haven't seen her dance and she to me is more pretty face than talent. Just my opinion though.

Ok...ok...if we are going to be blunt, I feel like I'm the ONLY one that doesn't like Kelsey.  Am I the only one?  Please don't attack me....this is a judge free zone right?

• Love 6
On 8/9/2016 at 1:32 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, Kelsey is not in the pregame as of now. I guess her kicks have been concerning and she's still making some memory mistakes.  And see, this is what annoys me to no end - so much anymore is all for the drama, drama, drama.  I mean, no secret here that I love Kelsey. #teamkelsey4ever  She and Maddie were hands down my favorites this year; Kelsey is an incredibly sweet person and a very hard worker.  She herself though has said she has not had any real technical dance experience - that she's mostly self taught and only dancing the last few years (i'm not counting cheer experience).  As THRILLED as I truly am that she made the team (and I personally think she can do this), if she is so shaky that they are taking her out of the pregame, then they should have just told her to get a bunch of technical training this year and come back next year and she probably would have had zero issues.  SO what, they are going to embarrass her now by being like haha JK, sit this one out or cut her after the fact? I will be BEYOND pissed if that happens.  

My hope is that they do truly like Kelsey (from my understanding she was a favorite of at least Kelli this year and of the judges at finals - and heck, they put her in the squad photo) and want her on the team so they brought her on under the hope that she will grow and mature as a dancer and be fine through the season.  And agree that I kind of think it's dumb to not have her do the preseason - that's like the 'practice' show.  If she doesn't do as well as they'd like there, then don't have her do the home opener or whatever.  But I admit I don't really get how all of that works and what is deemed most important.  

And with all that said, just how bad were Kyndall and Amy that they cut them last minute?? both of those girls are beautiful too. I bet Kyndall could not be more upset with herself for not agreeing to be a Melissa Project.  

As for Yuko, I feel like I know next to nothing of the details of her situation so I am going to continue to reserve judgment till the shows airs.  Like with Amy though, 99% of what I've heard about her is glowing and positive so it doesn't surprise me that she made it.  At the end of the day, rules be damned. Kelli makes the rules and if she wants to change things up to fit her vision for that year, I say go Kelli! All's fair in cheer and DCC land.  LOL  (<--and I realize that then has to hold true with decisions to keep girls out of the first game, etc...) 

What about Erica? I have always loved watching her perform (esp over Amy T)- was she not as solid as the ones you mentioned? I am still afraid something is up with her if they threw her in behind the point girl :-P Nooo, I love Erica!! 

As much as I love DCC MTT, it really burns me up to see how they make exception for some but not the others! This is exactly what I was referring to in one of my earlier comments....that being pretty gets you far in DCC world. I never ever thought that Kelsey's dancing is better than Amy's because it's not. So, when K&J make decisions to bring girls on the team who are lacking in dance skill and let others who dance better go then all of there so called rules just seem like a bunch of crap IMO! 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

Ok...ok...if we are going to be blunt, I feel like I'm the ONLY one that doesn't like Kelsey.  Am I the only one?  Please don't attack me....this is a judge free zone right?

You are not the only one. Kelsey is pretty yes, but her dancing is not up to par DCC wise. I don't care how sweet, or pretty she is, if she can't keep up she should of been cut! 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

I only like Kelsey because she's pretty. ????

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

As much as I love DCC MTT, it really burns me up to see how they make exception for some but not the others! This is exactly what I was referring to in one of my earlier comments....that being pretty gets you far in DCC world. I never ever thought that Kelsey's dancing is better than Amy's because it's not. So, when K&J make decisions to bring girls on the team who are lacking in dance skill and let others who dance better go then all of there so called rules just seem like a bunch of crap IMO! 

Honestly I think the importance of TCC's dancing is played up for the show because it's an easy thing to quantify and show as a character arc. They mention weight for some, but they always talk about very carefully. But really, looking hot and selling bikini calendars is priority #1 and if you don't have that there's no point in even trying. Look at successful college dance teams. A lot of them could probably dance circles around most of the DCC but they'd just be fodder for the "lol" audition footage.  

Edited by MaryWebGirl
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Annette said:

16 hours ago, GingerJ said:

17 hours ago, Java said:

I used to be a fan of Melissa's when she was a DCC, I was pissed off for her on the Bachelor, and loved her on DWTS. 

But now it's looking more and more like she's hanging onto her television 'career' as it were, hopping from CMT show to CMT show. She's an intelligent, articulate woman who obviously works the angles to get work, but I have to wonder if she wouldn't be better suited to move on to a REAL career at this point. Unless they are paying her an astronomical salary for this so-called mentoring, is the fluff work she's doing really worth being away from her home and family?

I think it was Jay who said one year about a candidate..  "She's past it" 

What else could Melissa do for a career besides reality TV?  Doesn't seem like she has much experience at anything else other than dance and reality TV.  I totally get why she's milking it for all it's worth - she likely can't get any real jobs that pay better, have fewer working hours, or have more flexibility than reality TV.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, patches403 said:

What else could Melissa do for a career besides reality TV?  Doesn't seem like she has much experience at anything else other than dance and reality TV.  I totally get why she's milking it for all it's worth - she likely can't get any real jobs that pay better, have fewer working hours, or have more flexibility than reality TV.

I totally get why too ... if I had my 15min, I'd be busting myself trying to keep it!  Although truth be told, she's still very young .. she's got a lot of years to fill if she's just trying to milk this 15min

• Love 1

I'm not aware that MR has any other particular skills. can you imagine... former DCC, dancing with the stars, that bachelor thing everyone goes crazy for, her own crappy show etc etc. 

Current employer: McDonalds?? don't think that's happening lol. Id cling onto it for all its worth!! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Was it Ashley Kelly who made the camp twice but never made the squad? She had only been dancing for a year and seemed to make the most of her time there. I'm sure she was disappointed that she never made the final team, but seemed to enjoy the experience anyway. 

Ashley only made it to TC one time in season 4 (2009) that I know of. She did audition the season before and after that.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Ashley only made it to TC one time in season 4 (2009) that I know of. She did audition the season before and after that.

That's right. I think she had been featured quite a bit one year she auditioned so I just turned it into training camp in my mind. It's like when Kelli and Judy were shocked Kali hadn't been there before the first time they had called her into the office ?? 

5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I only like Kelsey because she's pretty. ????

That's so brutally awesomely hilarious!

4 hours ago, JC123 said:

I'm not aware that MR has any other particular skills. can you imagine... former DCC, dancing with the stars, that bachelor thing everyone goes crazy for, her own crappy show etc etc. 

Current employer: McDonalds?? don't think that's happening lol. Id cling onto it for all its worth!! 

That's the thing. Maybe she's a biochemist curing cancer. Maybe she's a tireless philanthropist quietly raising fat stax of cash for homeless kids. But she's also blowing her credibility with every cheesy reality show minute in which she rents herself out.

33 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Neither link works

They were links to the DCC cameos.  I tested it after I made the post and it worked then.  I got it from the Yahoo DCC board. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, pink317 said:

Someone may have already posted this but SG practicing for an extra performance that will take place on game day. Judy posted a still pic from the rehearsal but below is a clip.

Neecie is so talented!! I love her choreography, it's always so much fun to watch.  Who is the girl behind Holly who does the sweet tilt? Lacey?? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Neecie is so talented!! I love her choreography, it's always so much fun to watch.  Who is the girl behind Holly who does the sweet tilt? Lacey?? 

Always love Lacey! Remember when she kicked her nose 1st year in tryouts!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I could be wrong but I think it's actually Megan. I counted a couple different places and all seventeen girls are there, so she's not benched for weight on this one. The long straight hair is what's telling me it's her. It looks to me like Lacey is to Holly's left (our right).

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1