Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)
7 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

I am praying they take AT LEAST 36 girls. That means 6 girls would get cut.

It occurs to me that last year, the budget also was for 36 but there only were 34. So there should be money in there left over for up to 38 this year. Yes, they would have had to pay money to All-Stars filling in for injured girls, but that would have been made up for by the injured ones not getting paid.

Edited by Moxiejan
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

Just saw Heather H, Heather O, and Maggie at Clutch tonight. Heather H. looks way more mature in person. All three girls are stunning!

oh boy...dare i ask what "Clutch" is? :-/ 

I'm glad to hear Heather H fits right in in person! I also looked back at some of Maggie's older pics on FB and she is actually a brunette!! 

41 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

oh boy...dare i ask what "Clutch" is? :-/ 

I'm glad to hear Heather H fits right in in person! I also looked back at some of Maggie's older pics on FB and she is actually a brunette!! 

I looked up Clutch on Yelp and it appears to be a trendy sports bar with a nasty policy of charging people huge amounts for valet parking, then making them wait in long lines while the bouncers go past them to select pretty white girls to let in ahead of them. If you never get in, you don't get the valet money back. I would guess most TCCs would get VIP treatment. 

Call me paranoid but if I was a TCC and I was as close to "living the dream" as these girls are, I WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD IN A BAR!! So many things could go wrong whether you're guilty or not. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

It occurs to me that last year, the budget also was for 36 but there only were 34. So there should be money in there left over for up to 38 this year. Yes, they would have had to pay money to All-Stars filling in for injured girls, but that would have been made up for by the injured ones not getting paid.

Most budgets don't work like that- there's not extra money being stockpiled to add more girls. I'm sure it's reallocated, or provides for a shortfall elsewhere. For instance, I think most of us agree extra money could be used to upgrade the photographer for swimsuit calendar LOL!!

5 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

If the budget works that way. Most businesses have a use it or lose it policy, so if they don't spend the amount for 36 it is presumed they didn't use it and don't need t for the next year. 

• Love 1

Which of course is the fatal flaw in corporate/government budgets, as opposed to personal/household budgets, in which funds conserved in one year are available for expanded investment in the next year.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Most budgets don't work like that- there's not extra money being stockpiled to add more girls. I'm sure it's reallocated, or provides for a shortfall elsewhere. For instance, I think most of us agree extra money could be used to upgrade the photographer for swimsuit calendar LOL!!

Yeah - my company would laugh at me if I said something like "remember that extra money we saved last year, we have that in stockpile to go a little over this year, right?" - haha!   The budgeting philosophy is always use it now or lose it next year in every organization I've ever been a part of (w/ the exception of my personal family finances ;)).   I'm sure whatever money was saved by only having 34 girls last year is long gone!  They'll also be lucky if they are allowed to have 36 cause someone will say you only had 34 last year, why do you think you need 36 this year?

• Love 4

Kelli has said the DCC budget is based on the revenue the girls bring in from calendar sales, appearances, etc. etc.. A few years ago Kelli said the budget was around one million dollars. If costs go up and revenue goes down, the smaller the team will be. Plus throw in salaries/benefits/healthcare insurance costs for staff, traveling for the girls, etc. etc. I can imagine the cost for the swimsuit calendar shoot and to have tryouts and TC would be.

56 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Call me paranoid but if I was a TCC and I was as close to "living the dream" as these girls are, I WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD IN A BAR!! So many things could go wrong whether you're guilty or not. 

As long as they're all of age, I don't see anything wrong with TCCs going out to a bar/club on the weekend when they don't have rehearsal the next day. It's quite possible to go out and not get drunk, and unless one or all of them were publicly sloppy drunk, I doubt K or J would have an issue with it.

• Love 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

As long as they're all of age, I don't see anything wrong with TCCs going out to a bar/club on the weekend when they don't have rehearsal the next day. It's quite possible to go out and not get drunk, and unless one or all of them were publicly sloppy drunk, I doubt K or J would have an issue with it.

Agreed! We always hear about how stressful and hard the process is, can't blame them for wanting to blow off some steam.

Edited by sunwave
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandiedog said:

Exactly. They've got a long life ahead of them to go pay for overpriced, watered down drinks and get hit on by weirdos looking for a trophy, lol. If they absolutely have to party, do it at someone's house or in a private setting.   Actually, this close to the end the last thing I would do is touch a drop of alcohol; the booze bloat could show in those itty bitty shorts.

• Love 6

And not everyone goes to a bar to get sloppy drunk and act ridiculous on the dance floor! It's probably a popular place in the area, they went to go grab a drink and maybe a bite to eat:) they don't seem like girls who would jeopardize anything

• Love 2
(edited)

it's not about what they actually went and DID though... it's about what people could say.

Rumours and accusations can be just as damaging to a persons reputation, regardless of whether they did what they're accused of/rumoured to have done or not.

We all know that someone that jeoprdises the "perfect" image of a DCC is as good as gone. (Caila, Chelsea, TCC Alexandra and her naked pics etc) 

Edited by JC123
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, JC123 said:

it's not about what they actually went and DID though... it's about what people could say.

Rumours and accusations can be just as damaging to a persons reputation, regardless of whether they did what they're accused of/rumoured to have done or not.

We all know that someone that jeoprdises the "perfect" image of a DCC is as good as gone. (Caila, Chelsea, TCC Alexandra and her naked pics etc) 

Which TCC Alexandra are you referring to? I can't be Alexandra former Ice Angel. Alex Benvenuto? She was never a TCC.

Carla was one TCC I could not figure out why she was brought in unless Judy and Kelli wanted to make an example of her because she did some naughty posing for her boyfriend, and it came back to haunt her. No offense to her, but she did not seem too bright to me.

2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

And not everyone goes to a bar to get sloppy drunk and act ridiculous on the dance floor! It's probably a popular place in the area, they went to go grab a drink and maybe a bite to eat:) they don't seem like girls who would jeopardize anything

But they do like to dance. Ever had a horrible picture made when you were laughing and had your eyes half closed, or you were mid-motion and looked off balance? Anyone with a phone could post a picture of one of them like that and get a rumor flying, or plant seeds of doubt with Kelli. They're "public figures," even to a small degree, and managing public perception is part of that.

I mean I've seen Kelsey (Bond, not current TCC) drunkenly dancing on tables at Conrete and Ashley Holland taking pics. I almost feel like as long as your not sloppy AND underage K+J kind of turn their cheek. I wish a few of these girls handled themselves better.

2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

True, but of all the weekends to grab a bite/drink at a very public place, this is truly not it. When it's just days until final cuts, have a festive-but-private party at someone's home. And no photos shared anywhere.

• Love 2

We don't even know what they were doing there. They might not have been drinking, or dancing. Maybe they just wanted to be out in the world, visiting with fellow TCCs! Maybe they each had a drink. Maybe they ate some French fries, or some celery sticks. I don't see the issue. Being terrified of being seen or photographed in public doesn't seem that healthy to me, even if TC is coming to a close. Should they not go anywhere with alcohol during football season either? I think the girls smart enough to comport themselves properly in public will do just that, and those who aren't, may or may not get caught.  None of these girls know when their last night will be -- I totally understand wanting to enjoy the city (especially if it's new to them, they're from small towns, and/or they may be headed home if they get cut).   I for one think it's great that they have fun in the city and with each other outside of scheduled DCC activities. They're busting butt and deserve to unwind--even if they have to be on their best behaviour while doing it!

• Love 5
(edited)

Rumours can be vicious. there's bitchiness and jealousy in any Dance world, anywhere but given the competitiveness in Dallas.. Something tells me some people would just be BUZZING to have an opportunity to create one. I'd not want to give them the chance. 

I'm just saying, given there's so many cuts that still need to be made, I personally wouldn't risk it. That's all ? 

Edited by JC123
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GingerJ said:

But they do like to dance. Ever had a horrible picture made when you were laughing and had your eyes half closed, or you were mid-motion and looked off balance? Anyone with a phone could post a picture of one of them like that and get a rumor flying, or plant seeds of doubt with Kelli. They're "public figures," even to a small degree, and managing public perception is part of that.

True, but they'll be "public figures" while they're a DCC and after too, depending on their tenure. Are they never supposed to go out to a bar again? You could probably find photos of many DCCs at bars before they auditioned as well. Just because it's the nearing the end of training camp shouldn't mean they can't go out and have some fun. 

Of course, if "scandalous" pictures (posing with lots of alcohol, passed out drunk, etc) turned up, that's a whole different story. But dancing or posing in a bar when you're 21+? I can't see how that would be a problem

• Love 1

When I first met my husband, I helped him with his photography and he said it was never a good idea to be photographed with a drink in hand or putting food into their mouth.  Sooo true and that was over 30 years ago, way before social media!   I don't remember ever being photographed with a beverage in my hand.

Honestly the Dallas dance world sounds so exhausting, and also sort of sad. God good, these people need to unclench.

i do not buy for one minute K&J want these girls at home and out of the club. No chance. They want them out there, on the scene, being popular party girls who get whisked to VIP and the head of the line. Party girls, but not too much party. And make sure it is partying with the right people too. Someone low key who isn't part of the scene does nothing for their brand. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Didn't they find something on Alex B. BEFORE they announced TC?  Like a criminal record she hadn't mentioned or something?

Alex B. made it to finals and K&J both I think really liked her, something about she had "male appeal", and Charlotte basically put her foot down because of her record. She had speeding tickets, and IIRC she actually mentioned something about doing something she regretted or having a lead foot or something.  She never made it to TC, made it on Mavs and was bounced 1/2 thru the season. I think Sheila Sattler was still in charge back then, and Alex challenged her about her limited time on the court dancing.

Mind you, this is what I recall floating around the boards at the time, so take it with a grain of salt.

20 minutes ago, Java said:

Alex B. made it to finals and K&J both I think really liked her, something about she had "male appeal", and Charlotte basically put her foot down because of her record. She had speeding tickets, and IIRC she actually mentioned something about doing something she regretted or having a lead foot or something.  She never made it to TC, made it on Mavs and was bounced 1/2 thru the season. I think Sheila Sattler was still in charge back then, and Alex challenged her about her limited time on the court dancing.

Mind you, this is what I recall floating around the boards at the time, so take it with a grain of salt.

I remember reading something similar on the old cmt  MTT board about her complaining about not dancing that much.

I agree that the girls have every right to blow off steam, go out for cocktails, etc. What concerns me are the opportunists out there with a cell phone camera. An absolutely innocent picture can be the death of someone(I wouldn't put it past Shelbi's bf to pull some crap like that). I just think I would wait until TC was over. Lord knows I'm pulling for all of them to make the team. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm sure Kelli & Judy have gone over and over DCC-appropriate ettiquette with the girls. As long as they followed whatever guidelines were laid out for them I wouldn't think there would be an issue. Surely one of the perks of being a DCC is social popularity but obvs you could never really let your hair down in public!

ETA although unflattering photos can happen anytime, anywhere, if you're on your best manners and not doing anything sleazy then noone's going to get footage of anything untoward. What would be much trickier is a private party where a girl might be  tempted to be more relaxed in her standards...

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, MamaV said:

So I have completely lost track of things. Does week 8 of TC start tomorrow?  Does it all wrap up this week?

I don't know what week it is but 1 day ago Kat tweeted photos of the DCC locker room and "Last locker room visit before the team is announced..." so the end is near I'm assuming. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

I don't know what week it is but 1 day ago Kat tweeted photos of the DCC locker room and "Last locker room visit before the team is announced..." so the end is near I'm assuming. 

Sounds so ominous but I would assume maybe the next week or so the team will be announced...they still have quite a bit of girls that need to be cut though.

44 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Eeeeeeeeyikes. This really could be the mother of all mass cuts ??

Especially w/ K&J and CMT being there. There's going to be "no reason" these girls don't have these dances down perfectly. So anyone who flubbs is likely going to get cut.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, JC123 said:

Totally agree with you ... unfortunately, life is often about perception rather than reality.  It matters less what you did or what you meant / didn't mean but rather what people perceive you did/say/mean/etc.  Sucks but it's reality - especially if you're a public figure!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

yeah .. I felt kinda sad for her that she went to take a picture of her old locker / picture.... and now to have not make the Mavs.  :(

I really hope Emily doesn't make it - that girl and her bugged out eyes really annoy me.  I cannot believe she made it to camp, much less is thisclose to making the team!!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Not sure where to ask this but anyone know if Kelli Quinn auditioned as far back as season 4? Rewatching that season as finalists are being announced and I think I spotted her getting up to leave

How old is she?

• Love 1