Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, 2134.dancer said:

Amy's Instagram is still active

I don't have a IG account and can only see hers (or others) from links that people post here or from Twitter..

8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It's a job, albeit one with a longer interview process than any I've ever gone on 

You can also look at it the way many employers do in a hiring situation. My company hires everyone on a 90-day probationary period. I'm not investing in you after one or two meetings, where I know you were on your best behavior. I built my company through years of sacrifice and hard work, and in your probation period, your job is to prove you want and deserve a place on my team!

You'd be shocked how many people seem to take for granted they've actually got the job. I have, in fact, let three people go during that probation period over the years. They "failed their auditions," so to speak. They had a shot at making the team but failed to prove themselves capable of the commitment and responsibility.

The stakes aren't as high in my example, in the sense I can bring back another candidate and give them an opportunity.

But I think if you look at it that way, these girls are actually really lucky and blessed to be constantly aware that they are still a candidate, that they are still auditioning. It definitely keeps them focused on the goal and, I would guess, makes them more grateful for the "job" once it's their's, and helps them take more ownership of it because they know how hard they evoked for it.   Gosh writing all that out makes me think we should make our company probation period more high-stress and uncertain!!! Haha! Although I'd probably get sued if I showed up every few days and watched someone like a hawk barking out criticism and corrections. Haha!!! But I love the idea! Hmmmmm.... Just kidding! Maybe.

4 hours ago, Shan18 said:

So I see kat made the mavs camp. Assuming caila didn't try out? For some reason I thought I remembered her tweeting saying she was. Maybe I'm wrong 

I think you're right. I didn't look closely at pics from earlier rounds but doesn't look like she tried out?

11 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Judy is coming back to work tomorrow after vacation so I'm better tomorrow is cut night, not tonight! Tonight is probably "okay everyone let's remember dances"

Didn't Kelli just get back yesterday? I doubt either was at TC last night.  

Sheesh I wish they would speed up the cuts!  Dragging it out is driving me batty! 

Still think they should cut a vet or two but I think they won't for the simple fact that it's going to be such a young team already.  Wonder if they will seriously keep Emily ... sorry but that girl is not DCC material.  I don't think she's vapid or spacey ... I just find her expressions frightening and her dance style boring.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GingerJ said:

You can also look at it the way many employers do in a hiring situation. My company hires everyone on a 90-day probationary period. I'm not investing in you after one or two meetings, where I know you were on your best behavior. I built my company through years of sacrifice and hard work, and in your probation period, your job is to prove you want and deserve a place on my team!

You'd be shocked how many people seem to take for granted they've actually got the job. I have, in fact, let three people go during that probation period over the years. They "failed their auditions," so to speak. They had a shot at making the team but failed to prove themselves capable of the commitment and responsibility.

The stakes aren't as high in my example, in the sense I can bring back another candidate and give them an opportunity.

Here in Germany pretty much everyone (except small jobs that aren't full time) gets hired with a six month probation period. And most employers also only give you a contract for a year at first and if you prove yourself afterwards you get your unlimited contract. Max company hires everyone for two years including six months probation before giving you an unlimited contract. So you spend a long time not knowing whether your job is safe. But I still feel like it's less stressful than training camp. In TC they hire more people than they need, so you know not everyone is gonna get a job, in 'work world' you have an opening, you hire one person for it and if they do well enough you keep them. I'd feel much more relaxed doing six months 'training camp' at my work place than six weeks with Kelli and Judy I guess. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/11/2016 at 11:36 AM, Runnergrl37 said:

Don't they take a lot of girls to training camp for the drama of the reality show?  I like to watch girls get cut.  Makes for a good show and it's what people want to see.  Of course it's not in the best interest of the girls but CMT is paying big bucks to DCC and you have to bet they take in more girls to make the show interesting. 

A long time ago, someone mentioned that before the show started, they would take around 38 candidates into training camp.  They knew who they wanted at the auditions and might make a few cuts if someone wasn't living up to what they needed.

Edited by McGee43
(edited)
5 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Caila didn't attend Mavs. Former DCCs that did are Jenna Brooks, Meghan Michell, and Kat. All had to go through the process beginning at the Freestyle round.

I hope all three of these beautiful young ladies make the Mavs squad!

Edited by bjo1969
22 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

I hope all three of these beautiful young ladies make the Mavs squad!

Did Jenna make TC? I don't recall seeing her in the TC picture.

I saw many comments about cuts and how it seems unlikely they will cut so many in a short amount of time and it's happened in the past. As recently as of last year it happened. They cut Shelbi and Karen Thursday, they didn't have practice that Friday, then cut Taylor on Monday at the stadium, and then Courtney, Kyndall, Selina, and Kaleigh Tuesday. So it's possible for more to be cut very quickly. I personally have my 36 picked for final squad, it will just come down to who's having a good night and who isn't. CMT is gone till next Monday, so another quiet week y'all.

• Love 3

Hmmm!!! Me thinks the DCC plot thickens. No CMT this week, and it does seem like they are getting closer to the end of TC. How many girls are left in TC? Any news about who will be the All-Star girls this season?

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Hmmm!!! Me thinks the DCC plot thickens. No CMT this week, and it does seem like they are getting closer to the end of TC. How many girls are left in TC? Any news about who will be the All-Star girls this season?

We have to wait ANOTHER week??????

• Love 3
(edited)

Btw, TxStar, thank you for always responding to my questions. I haven't had a chance to thank you in a timely manner but I am appreciative of all the info you give us. Muchas Gracias! 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If cmt is gone this week that makes me wonder if there will be some 'silent cuts' - some good girls who just aren't ready yet and they want to come back, so they just disappear and aren't filmed. 

They were gone just as much last year as well. It was just spaced out more. It's the same amount of cuts that need to be made as it was last year. It will just be a cut throat last episode.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

I saw many comments about cuts and how it seems unlikely they will cut so many in a short amount of time and it's happened in the past. As recently as of last year it happened. They cut Shelbi and Karen Thursday, they didn't have practice that Friday, then cut Taylor on Monday at the stadium, and then Courtney, Kyndall, Selina, and Kaleigh Tuesday. So it's possible for more to be cut very quickly. I personally have my 36 picked for final squad, it will just come down to who's having a good night and who isn't. CMT is gone till next Monday, so another quiet week y'all.

Can you share your opinion on top 36????

14 hours ago, GingerJ said:

But I think if you look at it that way, these girls are actually really lucky and blessed to be constantly aware that they are still a candidate, that they are still auditioning. It definitely keeps them focused on the goal and, I would guess, makes them more grateful for the "job" once it's their's, and helps them take more ownership of it because they know how hard they evoked for it.   Gosh writing all that out makes me think we should make our company probation period more high-stress and uncertain!!! Haha! Although I'd probably get sued if I showed up every few days and watched someone like a hawk barking out criticism and corrections. Haha!!! But I love the idea! Hmmmmm.... Just kidding! Maybe.

I think you're right. I didn't look closely at pics from earlier rounds but doesn't look like she tried out?

Just as long as you don't fire anybody because their kicks are tight and low. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Handing out chocolate and root beer floats to everyone.

lace the root beer float with some alcohol and the chocolate with a sedative and I might just make it.... I was really hoping they'd be back this week.

Following this process before the show airs is working my nerves.

Thanks TXStar35 for always answering our questions and giving us the inside info! You and the other insiders on the board almost make the wait for the show bearable. lol

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1

We're, what, three weeks before the first preseason game?  If I remember correctly, they usually try to announce the team around that time.  Cuts will need to happen soon if they want to have everything set and ready for that preseason game, even if the girls don't perform at that time.

• Love 1
(edited)

If I recall correctly, in several previous seasons Kelli & Judy have referred to the first preseason game as "next week" when teaching across-the-field and making final cuts. DK how closely this aligns with reality however ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'm surprised some of the girls on the bubble haven't just keeled over with nerves over making the team. Next week will be the bloodbath of all bloodbaths - great for TV but it feels very cruel that these are real people with a whole summer invested in this. I can't even imagine how humiliating it would be to get cut now, feel strung along, and for it to be public viewing ?

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

If I recall correctly, in several previous seasons Kelli & Judy have referred to the first preseason game as "next week" when teaching across-the-field and making final cuts. DK how closely this aligns with reality however ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'm surprised some of the girls on the bubble haven't just keeled over with nerves over making the team. Next week will be the bloodbath of all bloodbaths - great for TV but it feels very cruel that these are real people with a whole summer invested in this. I can't even imagine how humiliating it would be to get cut now, feel strung along, and for it to be public viewing ?

I agree! I can't imagine the emotions of some of these girls... Why can't they just take the rest of them? LOL I bet the majority of them would do it for free just to say they were a DCC. Heck I know I probably would ( hypothetically speaking of course) ?

I was wondering why they were starting the show so late this year and then I realized it's probably so they don't interfere with the Olympics. No one's going to watch the show if the Olympics are on. It kinda sucks to wait even longer but oh well.

9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

We're, what, three weeks before the first preseason game?  If I remember correctly, they usually try to announce the team around that time.  Cuts will need to happen soon if they want to have everything set and ready for that preseason game, even if the girls don't perform at that time.

First home preseason is 8/29  (2nd actual game for team)

50 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

First home preseason is 8/29  (2nd actual game for team)

Well, if the first home preseason is so late in the summer, that explains why they aren't making cuts to quickly.  They have time.  We're used to the squad being announced by the end of July.

9 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Is Yuko still in training camp? Does anyone know if her Visa issues were resolved? 

Yuko is still in training camp.  She is flying back to Japan by the end of the week to get it squared away with her Visa! 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

Yuko is still in training camp.  She is flying back to Japan by the end of the week to get it squared away with her Visa! 

That timing seems really strange, unless it already has been decided that she's likely to make the team. It would have made more sense to have her gone during the holiday week, rookie week or the no-CMT of this week. With this schedule, she won't be there during next week's cuts.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TiaGrace said:
10 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

That timing seems really strange, unless it already has been decided that she's likely to make the team. It would have made more sense to have her gone during the holiday week, rookie week or the no-CMT of this week. With this schedule, she won't be there during next week's cuts.

I really don't get it either.  I think it's great that the're giving her a chance but it looks like she pretty much has a pass from the "Bloodbath" that will most likely happen come Monday evening.  K + J must really like Yuko if they are allowing her to skip out on a few days of training camp which, at this point, is crucial!  

Side note - she attempted to go home over the holiday/rookie week but, for some reason, it ended up not working out.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh - so that Kelli Pickler show has been renewed and I'm gonna have to suffer through all the nauseating promos for it white watching MTT again this season?   Talk about someone who is full of themselves and in need of constant "look at me" attention.   She's a good singer, but she seems so annoying, and her husband comes across as a doormat in the promos.   Oh, and it looks like she's gonna make an appearance on MTT - wonder how that's gonna go down?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, jbaton said:

who is Emily? 

22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Looks like they moved the date of the Season 11 premiere to August 25th. Melissa will be back to mentor.    http://www.cmt.com/news/1768595/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-and-i-love-kellie-pickler-new-seasons-premiere-aug-25/

Wonder who the single mother is that wants to show her six year old you're never too old to follow your dreams? that can't be Tasha, right? She is married...or do they mean she was a single mother lol  

I detest Kelli Pickler's gimmick of acting like an idiot. She goes way past the dumb blonde stereotype and I want to snack her. Ellie Mae Clampetts was naive, but not stupid, and fictional. Marilyn Monroe was always on in the joke and even her sum characters were fictional.

kelli is too talented to purposefully act so stupid.  

It will be interesting to see her on MTT. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

who is Emily? 

Wonder who the single mother is that wants to show her six year old you're never too old to follow your dreams? that can't be Tasha, right? She is married...or do they mean she was a single mother lol  

Emily Scoville.  She's the current Side Kicks coach (semi pro soccer league) and I believe she was a guest choreographer last year too for MTT.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

Emily Scoville.  She's the current Side Kicks coach (semi pro soccer league) and I believe she was a guest choreographer last year too for MTT.

Isn't she a former DCC?

Edited by MrsEVH
14 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

who is Emily? 

Yeah - she's clearly not single, but her daughter is around six.   How could there be two women w/ six year olds in TC?  That would be a crazy coincidence.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Java said:

Is she the one that picked at Angela? 

No. That lady's name was Bree (sp?). The single mom story sounds like Morgan all over again.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

No. That lady's name was Bree (sp?). The single mom story sounds like Morgan all over again.

oH Gosh!  I remember that! Bree was from SYTYCD (LOVE that show!)  She pretty much ripped Angela a new one.  Poor girl =/