Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

There could be ten reasons as to why she wasn't in the show group pic.... I'm pretty sure TXStar never said Yuko actually went back to Japan. Hopefully she'll come back on and clarify! 

Yeah I hope she hasn't had to leave the country cos I'm not sure how that would go down! But there was someone else that said it as well. The name escapes me, sorry. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

I think that's Danielle. That's someone's leg on the left but shes never been super duper toned and always struggled with her weight. I noticed in the show group picture she was looking a little bigger. Poor girl she seems like she's constantly fighting with like 4/5 pounds it just really shows. 

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this photo. I recall being her age (I too was a dancer)& battling those couple add'l pesky pounds.

I've decided that Kelly & Judy absolutely play favs or give breaks to certain women. They are human after all. Just as we endlessly debate the women's bodies on this forum with some of us preferring certain physiques over others. Some ladies regularly pack extra pounds that I know wouldn't be allowed on other gals.

What confuses me is the randomness of it all. Danielle & Jennifer (others?) regularly photograph soft (which I'm perfectly fine with. For my 52 yrs old taste, women ARE soft & it's what makes them feminine in my eyes).

It's the women who ALWAYS photograph heavy  (Amy & Melissa)whom I have difficulty understanding them as DCC regardless of their incredible dancing talents.

It's as I've stated many times prior; the white diaper is immensely UNFLATTERING.  If these women are noticeably the largest, especially when standing by any other DCC or TCC, what gives? 

Seeing them perform in person was informative. Holly, Amy & Melissa (early last season) were by far the largest bodies. Holly took care of her weight (good for her!) Danielle & Jennifer looked feminine and sexy. Amy was hippy...really big hips. Melissa borderline purge. 

Either the DCC have rules about how a woman must appear in the diaper or the rules don't apply even to everyone. I'd be mad as hell if I was on weight warnings while my teammates photographing right next to me, appeared bigger with no such problems. 

Melissa was borderline pudge not purge. Don't want to ever imply an eating disorder. Sorry.

• Love 4

I hope I didn't confuse anyone when I said that the current 4-day holiday COULD help give her time to fit in a trip. Never meant to make it sound like this was an actual plan.

^^Annette, this makes me think they go by body fat percentage in addition to weight gain when determining who is/isn't on weight warning.  You can technically be "heavier" than someone of the same height/frame, but have a lower body fat percentage.  Conversely, you can be "smaller" and have a higher percentage (e.g. Brittany Schram getting called out).

When I was at my thinnest, I was built like Kali (except much taller).  I looked "heavier" due to being busty, but my body fat percentage was actually lower than others who looked "thinner".  It drove me nuts.  Now I'm in my 40s and I'd give anything to be as "fat" as I used to think I was...LOL :p

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

^^Annette, this makes me think they go by body fat percentage in addition to weight gain when determining who is/isn't on weight warning.  You can technically be "heavier" than someone of the same height/frame, but have a lower body fat percentage.  Conversely, you can be "smaller" and have a higher percentage (e.g. Brittany Schram getting called out).

When I was at my thinnest, I was built like Kali (except much taller).  I looked "heavier" due to being busty, but my body fat percentage was actually lower than others who looked "thinner".  It drove me nuts.  Now I'm in my 40s and I'd give anything to be as "fat" as I used to think I was...LOL :p

Oh same! I'd love to be as fat as I thought I was 20 years ago. I'm almost 42, and some of my body parts remain soft, no matter what. That said, I'm built more like Lacey (not as thin) with the long legs, slim body. My friend and I weigh the exact same; however, she is much curvier due to height (I'm 5'7; she's 5'1), body type, and genetics. That said, neither of us are close to fat. As these girls aren't either, but the uniform is not forgiving. I tend to dress and hide my perceived flaws whereas there's no hiding in a dcc uniform! I do agree some vets look a bit heavier, but not blatantly so. I wonder if it's because there are so few upper vets.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JC123 said:

Yeah I think she had to leave Texas and return to Japan for the last 10 days, and that's why she's not in the show group pic? 

Wow, those girl are already worn out, I can't even imagine a quick trip to Japan. 6,500 miles and a 13 1/2 hour flight one way, there and back would be brutal. I lived in China for a couple of years and I had perpetual jetlag. LOL! This dedication just makes me love Yuko even more.

I know due to visa issues Jinelle almost did not come back a second year. in the end it all worked out (obviously) but visas are so tricky. Hope it all works out for Yuko.

• Love 1

The poster who said Danielle seems to be fighting 4-5 pounds constantly is right on. I'm built exactly the same way, and when I'm at my thinnest, a size 4, and I gain 5 pounds, I can tell immediately visually and my clothes get tight. It SUCKS. And I have to eat super clean to stay that small. One cheat day, and I look like I've been on a month long cupcake bender. I love Danielle. I hope they don't give her any crap about her weight.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

When I was at my thinnest, I was built like Kali (except much taller).  I looked "heavier" due to being busty, but my body fat percentage was actually lower than others who looked "thinner".  It drove me nuts. 

I know Kali personally and saw her frequently around the time of tryouts, and I was so confused as to how she looked so heavy at tryouts that year. She was tiny in person... But she's at an immediate disadvantage due to her bust, and I don't think the tryout uniforms are the most flattering cut on her.... Plus that solo uniform. Ugh. I'm still sad she didn't make it back, although she wouldn't have had her son if she had, so it all worked out!

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

One of my students was married to someone who was an illegal alien and he went back to his country to live a year in order to legally enter the US.

illegal alien ?? 

3 hours ago, Annette said:

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this photo. I recall being her age (I too was a dancer)& battling those couple add'l pesky pounds.

I've decided that Kelly & Judy absolutely play favs or give breaks to certain women. They are human after all. Just as we endlessly debate the women's bodies on this forum with some of us preferring certain physiques over others. Some ladies regularly pack extra pounds that I know wouldn't be allowed on other gals.

What confuses me is the randomness of it all. Danielle & Jennifer (others?) regularly photograph soft (which I'm perfectly fine with. For my 52 yrs old taste, women ARE soft & it's what makes them feminine in my eyes).

It's the women who ALWAYS photograph heavy  (Amy & Melissa)whom I have difficulty understanding them as DCC regardless of their incredible dancing talents.

It's as I've stated many times prior; the white diaper is immensely UNFLATTERING.  If these women are noticeably the largest, especially when standing by any other DCC or TCC, what gives? 

Seeing them perform in person was informative. Holly, Amy & Melissa (early last season) were by far the largest bodies. Holly took care of her weight (good for her!) Danielle & Jennifer looked feminine and sexy. Amy was hippy...really big hips. Melissa borderline purge. 

Either the DCC have rules about how a woman must appear in the diaper or the rules don't apply even to everyone. I'd be mad as hell if I was on weight warnings while my teammates photographing right next to me, appeared bigger with no such problems. 

Melissa was borderline pudge not purge. Don't want to ever imply an eating disorder. Sorry.

Melissa strikes me as having a boy body (no waist) and it's easy for a body like that to look thicker even if she's in shape.

4 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Wow, those girl are already worn out, I can't even imagine a quick trip to Japan. 6,500 miles and a 13 1/2 hour flight one way, there and back would be brutal. I lived in China for a couple of years and I had perpetual jetlag. LOL! This dedication just makes me love Yuko even more.

If Yuko's had to go and sort out visas in Japan yet hasn't been cut from camp, Kelli & Judy must LOVE her like crazy. I can't imagine them even making that exception for missing so much of TC, let alone setting a precedent; Yuko must be really special!

(edited)
4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Think things are often tricky and time consuming with different visas

Wonder if she is on a entertainment visa.

OT: There's a youtube video from 2006 about the Tampa Bay Bucs cheerleaders (called making the squad). One of cheerleaders (re-auditioning for her spot again)  was a Japanese girl named Tomoko. She said if she wanted to stay in the USA (on an entertainment visa) she has to make the squad again or go back to Japan if she didn't. She ended up being a TBBC for 8 years.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I know Kali personally and saw her frequently around the time of tryouts, and I was so confused as to how she looked so heavy at tryouts that year. She was tiny in person... But she's at an immediate disadvantage due to her bust, and I don't think the tryout uniforms are the most flattering cut on her.... Plus that solo uniform. Ugh. I'm still sad she didn't make it back, although she wouldn't have had her son if she had, so it all worked out!

Kali is one of my all time favorites! - that's so cool that you know her - loved her personality on her season and I think she was one of the most beautiful DCCs ever - her face is sooo gorgeous, and I thought she looked amazing in the uniform!

• Love 7

Even post baby Kali is TINY, just super busty. I probably saw her the Wednesday or Tuesday before she was cut. She was wearing leggings and a super tight tank (she was teaching at powerhouse so workout clothes) and It looked like the only fat she had on her was her boobs. So muscular and slender. Ugh poor thing just had a bloated day. Kali was a great DCC in my opinion. While maybe she wasn't the most technical or had the highest kicks, she is incredibly entertaining when she dances, super sexy, and honestly just a nice down to earth girl. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

It was Kat and Angela.  I would guess Chantel, Kelli Q and Jennifer are nearly 30.  

I would also guess that Mandy is around that age. She was a Raiderette in 2009 so she's definitely at least late 20s.

(edited)
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Kali is one of my all time favorites! - that's so cool that you know her - loved her personality on her season and I think she was one of the most beautiful DCCs ever - her face is sooo gorgeous, and I thought she looked amazing in the uniform!

I could go on and on and on about Kali.... She is just a wonderful/beautiful  person inside and out. I'm not sure there's a TCC who can out dance her today DCC style. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Bethanny's instagram is public again.  She's tagging all her images #freeagents 

She doesn't really seem sad? Maybe training camp wasn't all that she thought it would be. Lots of the girls don't seem to realise just how hard it is emotionally, mentally and physically til they actually get there. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Even post baby Kali is TINY, just super busty. I probably saw her the Wednesday or Tuesday before she was cut. She was wearing leggings and a super tight tank (she was teaching at powerhouse so workout clothes) and It looked like the only fat she had on her was her boobs. So muscular and slender. Ugh poor thing just had a bloated day. Kali was a great DCC in my opinion. While maybe she wasn't the most technical or had the highest kicks, she is incredibly entertaining when she dances, super sexy, and honestly just a nice down to earth girl. 

I LOVE Kali! Just seemed like such a sweet person!!  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

How cool that you know Kali!  She was one of my favorites and I was sad when they didn't take her back on the squad.  Every time they re-run the season where she gets cut, my husband says "if they had only male judges, she would still be on the team" :)

• Love 2

Kali looked like Jessica Simpson to me lol (I love Jess so that is a compliment)

WOW...checked Bethany's IG and no wonder they loved her body in the uniform! she has incredible legs.  Looks like she is good friends with Kyndall and Jessika.  The latter is another that's been under the radar.  I wonder how she is doing...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Kali looked like Jessica Simpson to me lol (I love Jess so that is a compliment)

WOW...checked Bethany's IG and no wonder they loved her body in the uniform! she has incredible legs.  Looks like she is good friends with Kyndall and Jessika.  The latter is another that's been under the radar.  I wonder how she is doing...

I agree. Last season, at cameos, Kelli and Judy both said that Kaleigh's body was WOW in the uniform. I still don't understand why they cut her. They said her hair looked dated which I always found odd since that was was part of her rookie makeover. Kaleigh is gorgeous. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

I agree. Last season, at cameos, Kelli and Judy both said that Kaleigh's body was WOW in the uniform. I still don't understand why they cut her. They said her hair looked dated which I always found odd since that was was part of her rookie makeover. Kaleigh is gorgeous. 

I don't understand why they make such a big deal about the hair. That can be fixed so easily.

• Love 3

Interesting, Bethany took the #freeagents tag off her pictures! 

But she is super pretty and yes, has legs for days!! Such a shame they cut her. She seemed to be doing really well. I wonder if they'll show reasoning behind it. I wonder what she'll do next

34 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

But she is super pretty and yes, has legs for days!! Such a shame they cut her. She seemed to be doing really well. I wonder if they'll show reasoning behind it. I wonder what she'll do next

Yes, I'm so curious to hear why she was cut!

Sometimes I think they have three groups: 1) the ones they know they really want (including all vets, except in dire situations such as Chelsea); 2) the ones they already know they will cut, but keep till near the end for drama (except for the occasional Jordan or Breelan); and 3) the few not in the first two groups, who will get cut for whatever random reason they can think of, until it's late enough in TC to make the real "drama" cuts.

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if they have three groups.  I remember a show that was on MTV a long time ago (Surf Girls) that, when they were looking at the girls, they broke them into three groups each episode and only cut a girl or girls from the group at the bottom.  It was based on a stoplight.  Green were the girls that were standouts, did everything asked and performed tasks really well.  Yellow were those who did mostly everything right, but needed to work on some things.  Red were the ones that were at risk of being cut because they either gave up on a task, didn't complete it, or just wasn't performing up to their potential.  The girls could move around on that board based on their performance that "week" as well as what had happened before.  I think the DCC have something similar.  The ones who are at the top (most/all vets, some RC) are safe as long as they stay in that category and won't be cut unless they really screw up.  They watch the ones in the middle who might work out but will either improve or not and the third group are the ones who just don't make it.  The ones at the bottom get cut and anyone in the middle who hasn't made it into either category (either hasn't improved enough to be "safe" or haven't messed up badly enough to get cut earlier) are the last minute cuts if needed.

4 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

She did remove the tags! I guess it sounded a little snarky but meh. 

(edited)
6 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

How cool that you know Kali!  She was one of my favorites and I was sad when they didn't take her back on the squad.  Every time they re-run the season where she gets cut, my husband says "if they had only male judges, she would still be on the team" :)

Yes, my husband thinks they're idiots for cutting Kali! I told my dad she was also a dance teacher. He replied that none of my sister's dance teachers ever looked like that..... ?

6 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 6

Does anyone know who the oldest DCC is? How about TCC?  

It was Kat and Angela.  I would guess Chantel, Kelli Q and Jennifer are nearly 30.   

I would also guess that Mandy is around that age. She was a Raiderette in 2009 so she's definitely at least late 20s.

You can add Jinelle to that list. She turns 30 in November.

I had no idea Jinelle was going to be 30! She doesn't look it. It's weird cos being soooo skinny normally makes people look older, right? 

i agree about the free agents tag, seemed a bit snarky but we may have taken it in a completely different context 

Regarding weight and potential double standards, I always have thought we see far less of the weight management on the show than what actually happens on the team. I remember when Hannah got cut, Kelli told her she'd received weight warnings during her rookie year and had gained 10+ pounds over her audition weight. I've also read that Kelsi Reich was almost always on WW, but she often was a favorite (and always looked great to me--curvy but super fit). My point is that I feel pretty sure that Amy T and Melissa have gotten notices from the management, even if we don't see it on the show.  I actually appreciate that we don't see all the weight drama in its full glory, because it must be embarrassing for the girls featured, and because I think a greater hyper focus on weight on the show would give the wrong message to many impressionable viewers about how they should view their own bodies and others'. 

On the flip side of the weight issue, I think that Kelli Q's thinness makes her look older, and I imagine that's what made/allowed judges to pass her over in previous years. She's a beautiful dancer and I always wanted to see her make it to TC, but I'm not that sold on her appearance yet. I think several TCCs would benefit from practicing their makeup to get their best look possible. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, JC123 said:

I had no idea Jinelle was going to be 30! She doesn't look it. It's weird cos being soooo skinny normally makes people look older, right? 

i agree about the free agents tag, seemed a bit snarky but we may have taken it in a completely different context 

Is Jinnelle in her 4th or 5th year? If it's her 4th, do you think she'll go for a 5th?

1 hour ago, M1977G said:

On the flip side of the weight issue, I think that Kelli Q's thinness makes her look older, and I imagine that's what made/allowed judges to pass her over in previous years. She's a beautiful dancer and I always wanted to see her make it to TC, but I'm not that sold on her appearance yet. I think several TCCs would benefit from practicing their makeup to get their best look possible. 

Kelli wasn't as thin in past years as she is now though. If you look back on past seasons where she tried out, she was a little less hard bodied, and her face was a little more filled out. I think she looks great either way, but if anything, her being so lean this year might have been why she got noticed. Maybe not, but I definitely don't think it kept her out of TCC in the past.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Is Jinnelle in her 4th or 5th year? If it's her 4th, do you think she'll go for a 5th?

she's a fourth year...I do wonder if she'll go for five. If Jennifer does step down after this year, I think that would make Jinelle the only fifth year if she stayed on? wow! 

• Love 1

I think they're gonna lose so many great vets year. Although that seems sad, it might mean some of the multi year audtionees may finally get given a chance.

I don't know about Jinelle but I think 5 years seems to be the goal for most of them doesn't it. I wonder if Jenna will go for longer like her bestie Syd? 

Theres gonna have to be a night soon when they cut multiple girls. There's too many left and not enough weeks. Any bets on who? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope Jinelle stays for 5 years! I wonder if she will go straight back to Australia when she finishes with DCC?

Personally, I don't mind if the girls look a little older. I feel like the general look of the team has gotten so young, even from a few years ago. People like Mia, Lauren Williams, Nicole, Jackie Bob bought up the average age look. 

I can totally see Jenna staying for 10 years.. lol. 

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

I can totally see Jenna staying for 10 years.. lol. 

She should. I hope she does. They would have to invent new accolades to honor her. An 8+ year vet ring would be known as a JennaLene.

I heart her...

• Love 9