Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Hello All! Happy to report no cuts last night just a few meetings in the office (not the same three girls as week 1), so it seems we probably wont see cuts till after uniform fittings this weekend. This does not shock me since its hard to make clear cuts without seeing the girl in to uniform prototype before cameos. My guess is we will see first cut Monday night of next week.

Thanks! For the update! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

Since learning on here that K&J aren't at all the rehearsals, I'm also now more interested in seeing a rehearsal led by group leaders. I prefer all of that to Melissa therapy sessions, but I must say, I think her interventions (filming the rookies from the top of the stadium etc) seemed more useful last year than her first year. 

Since each episode is based on "Week 1" or "Week 2" and those tend to be the "weeks" we see K&J there, I doubt they'll just have one episode where they aren't. Granted, I'm sure that's not what you're saying at all. I agree though; I would love to see more of the GLs lead a practice.

2 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Hello All! Happy to report no cuts last night just a few meetings in the office (not the same three girls as week 1), so it seems we probably wont see cuts till after uniform fittings this weekend. This does not shock me since its hard to make clear cuts without seeing the girl in to uniform prototype before cameos. My guess is we will see first cut Monday night of next week.

Thanks!

Yup no cuts until next week. K+J won't cut unless CMT is there. Not scheduled to film until next week after uniform fittings. Considering it will be week four, I predict about 3-5 candidates cut.

interestingly enough, I peaked at their schedule. Everything from uniform fittings, to make overs and all of the "cut worthy" CMT feature things are in June. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, dalgal214 

Interestingly enough, I peaked at their schedule. Everything from uniform fittings, to make overs and all of the "cut worthy" CMT feature things are in June. 

Added by SopranoKris: (sorry, my phone app won't let me add text below the quote for some reason)

I would assume they'd get the majority of filming done in June so they can start editing in July, since camp will only go a few weeks in to July. 

I'm so anxious to find out who the first cuts will be!

3 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Agreed but it is confusing that they would wait to cut until the last week of June 

I'm curious about why you think it's confusing?

My take on it is that it's really fantastic that the TCC's have the opportunity to settle in to the hectic pace of TC and get a good shot at it. They'd be exposed to a range of the different dances, and every opportunity in the world to get on top of the style.

• Love 4
(edited)

No cuts so far makes me think next week is going to be a bloodbath! But like @Pinknblue said, they've had a really good chance to impress by now. I hope Madeleine and Kelsey werent called in ?

Still no group leader announcement? 

Edited by JC123
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

oh for love of all things, just stay home Melissa!  please please please give up your 15min! Kudos to you for dragging that all the way out to year and years  ($$$$) but please stop.  Let someone who will actually add value be on the show

Melissa is merely there for the "at home viewer", most probably don't even know she was a DCC but they do know she won Dancing with the Stars. It's a tool used to show how many doors may open up for you if you're a DCC. With that being said in addition to my love for the DCC and ALL things Cowboy's, I would think Dancing with the Stars would open the door to becoming a DCC, they are that good in my eyes...

4 hours ago, JC123 said:

No cuts so far makes me think next week is going to be a bloodbath! But like @Pinknblue said, they've had a really good chance to impress by now. I hope Madeleine and Kelsey werent called in ?

Still no group leader announcement? 

Last year they announced group leaders around the same time the calendar was released..so hopefully we will know sometime this week.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

interestingly enough, I peaked at their schedule. Everything from uniform fittings, to make overs and all of the "cut worthy" CMT feature things are in June. 

Where's the schedule?

Once again here are a few reminders: If someone posts something you do not like or care for, please the ignore feature. The instructions for the feature is at the top of the forum page. Also, do not ask someone to prove what he or she has posted. Posters should not have to defend what they post on here. This is a spoiler thread. I suggest not coming on here and reading if you do not want to know what is going on (and yes, this includes what is going on in Training Camp aka when uniform fittings, makeovers, group leaders and Show Group selections, etc. etc. did or will happen.) Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Caila's solo above is good IMO - good dancing, good performance, and good choreography.  

My bet is factors outside of this solo (weight gain, bar antics, interview) led to her being cut.

• Love 4

Not sure if anyone else saw her solo on the Dallas Cowboys snap chat but it did not look like that the day of finals. That calypso looked like a sloppy double stag on snap. That being said, I REALLY like her solo and know Caila has incredible talent. It just wasn't her day and combined with being slightly fluffier and partying resulted in her being cut. It really is a shame :(

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I sort of get the impression Caila knew she wasn't at her best weight or performance level, and didn't try super hard with her solo.

Agreed. Kind of like Breelan the year before.  It's hard to be super confident and rock it when you know you don't look or feel your best. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Not sure if anyone else saw her solo on the Dallas Cowboys snap chat but it did not look like that the day of finals. That calypso looked like a sloppy double stag on snap. That being said, I REALLY like her solo and know Caila has incredible talent. It just wasn't her day and combined with being slightly fluffier and partying resulted in her being cut. It really is a shame :(

yeah ... she's lucky though that she just looks big / chunkier and not fat.  I know when I gain weight, I get more rolls around my tummy than a baby.  It's frightful!

(edited)
2 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

Caila posted her solo. It's decent. I can't imagine her solo is the sole reason for her dismissal from the squad.

Yikes...that song.  I had to turn it off.

I love dance so much but music is a game changer for me.  I have never commented on anyone’s videos but I am going to criticize the choice of music here.  The dance is aggressive, which is fine but pair it with a song that has a bit of softness to it. Or a song that is fun.  Not feeling this. 

A solo is an expression of the dancer. I don’t know what this dance is telling me. 

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 3

Holly had Allie on her snapchat, looks like they darkened her hair but not much else was done to it.

17 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I hope Caila does a couple years with the Mavs and then maybe goes back to DCC. It would be lovely to see her make it again. 

I don't know ... it doesn't seem like a lot of girls get cut and make it back... who knows but I agree, it would be awesome to see her dance with the Mavs!  When are auditions for them?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I don't know ... it doesn't seem like a lot of girls get cut and make it back... who knows but I agree, it would be awesome to see her dance with the Mavs!  When are auditions for them?

Mavs auditions are on July 9th.

Caligirl, I agree with you about that music. Five seconds in I hit the mute. I like her solo, but that music was like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I hope she lands a spot with the Mavs. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

Caila posted her solo. It's decent. I can't imagine her solo is the sole reason for her dismissal from the squad.

I like the song in its original form, it sounds like she sped it up but I think bad song choice can hurt too. I can't focus on her dancing because the song sounds annoying!! 

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Holly had Allie on her snapchat, looks like they darkened her hair but not much else was done to it.

What is Holly's snapchat name?

6 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

Well I hate the music choice. So shrill. She's obviously a good dancer, and I hate to use a Kelli-ism, but "she would be dynamic 10 pounds lighter."

Music was terrible.  She's just very heavy on her feet.  Not very graceful.  She definitely has a spark to her and she's pretty and demands attention.  I I like her but she's young and will go on to do many cool things I'm sure.  

The choice of music was horrible, even the lyrics about not being perfect, not being a saint are a bit of a middle finger to somebody.  Just dance to I'm A Slave for You like everyone else lol

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

even the lyrics about not being perfect, not being a saint are a bit of a middle finger to somebody.

That was my first thought too!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Caila's solo above is good IMO - good dancing, good performance, and good choreography.  

My bet is factors outside of this solo (weight gain, bar antics, interview) led to her being cut.

Maybe it's the song, "I'm no Saint"? Hmm, sounds a little like a dig regarding them not liking her partying. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut her for song choice alone...jk. That was rough. You can tell she has good dance training in some parts (turns, tilt), but then in other parts it looks like she tripped and caught herself. Granted I don't think it's the worst solo done by a returning vet, but she's been much better in the past.

the song is "Nobody's Perfect" by Jessi J.  I actually love her voice and I think she sped it up or something that made it so freakin' shrill!!  And yeah...no way that's not a message to K&J and crew.  If her weight gain and partying was obvious to us no way Kelli didn't notice...wonder if they came down on her even before tryouts and this is her response.  Hey girl, the best way to apologize is to own up to your mistakes and actually change, not dance to a song about it lol 

Sorry, I know i sound like a mother coming down on her. I don't know all the details and don't want to be unfair to her. but i think her getting cut is a good thing and will help her mature. would love to see her come back in a year or two with her life in order. 

• Love 2

Hi all! I am new to the forum. Regarding Calia, I took the solo and the song choice as she actually did feel a bit remorseful about her partying. However, she knew she was pretty much on the chopping block. So it was an all out attempt to keep her spot and at the time she knew she really didn't have anything to lose at that point. I hope she gets a spot on the mavs as she is a really good dancer, despite her weight gain. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

3 hours ago, caligirl50 said:

A long time ago.  Whitney Ott and Erica Perry.  But that was in 2004, 2005 or 2006.  

Was Whitney cut or did she leave and come back? 

Well, there are several stories I heard but nothing was ever confirmed.  But I do know she left before the end of her first season and she was pregnant with her first child.  She came back two years later and was on the squad for two more years. She was a GREAT dancer.  She’s the blonde shown dancing in the original intro for Making The Team.

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 1

Yeah. Whitney Ott is an amazing dancer. I remember the bio from the first special said she left to address an eating disorder. 

She did get pregnant sometime during that first season, too, and waited a couple of years to reaudition. Her baby would be close to a teen now! Wow. Time flies.

i never thought she was cut, just resigned to take care of more personal things for a year or two. They liked her enough to keep her on show group (deservingly) and I think went ahead and called her a second year vet during the first full season of the show, instead of a one year vet?

i didn't l ow Erica perry was cut and then made it back, so it does happen!

14 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I like the song in its original form, it sounds like she sped it up but I think bad song choice can hurt too. I can't focus on her dancing because the song sounds annoying!! 

What is Holly's snapchat name?

hpdance i'm pretty sure