Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I'm surprised Minerva didn't make it.. I thought her clip was better than most. Maybe she messed up the interview or her solo was weak. Glad Tasha made it. 

Not surprised at all about Caila or Kat. I honestly thought Kat was going to be cut in training camp. Every video I've seen of her this year she hasn't been at all powerful. I'm sad for her though, she seemed sweet. I've just seen a video on Amy L's Instagram from where they went to Mexico and danced in an orphanage. She's really big in comparison to the other girls. That part of her solo is weak too - a girl going for her third year should soar in a leap like that. It was very flat. 

Anyone know when training camp starts? 

Also, to whoever asked if veterans find out why they were cut, I asked Kelli last year on Twitter and she said yes, they do give veterans feedback as to why that decision was made. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Just watched Hunter's solo, and agree it wasn't really right for DCC audition. The movements were too aggressive and there was a lot of walking about even in that tiny clip.

Kat's dance was gorgeous, but also probably not right for audition. I will miss her though, she seemed so nice ?

Not sure who I will be following from DCC now. All my faves have gone these past few years. I keep my fingers crossed Kelsey and Madeline to make it and maybe look at the hopefuls' instagrams and see if there is anyone there to root for.

Feel strangely flat though ?

Edited by BritFan
  • Love 3

I know how you feel Britfan. I'm now rooting for Madelaine. I was rooting for Hunter because I like the young ones because they are more likely to make 5 year girls (in my head anyway, probably isn't true statistically). I also like to watch their progression. 

• Love 2

I'm so happy Kelsey and Madeline made it but incredibly angry that auto amy got in. She's terrible and if she gets cut I won't be surprised.

I just watched Kat's solo vid and I can see why she didn't make it back. There was hardly any dancing involved at all. It was one trick after another.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/734098169886310400/photo/1

Also, just looking at this vet pic ( and I know they aren't all there) I don't feel there is a bunch of stunning girls like Holly Arielle snd Jacie or big fun personalities like Brittney Schram and Kelsey Bond.

Again it may be because the fun bubbly girls don't post on Instagram, but I really hope there are some stand out girls when MTT starts to reignite my enthusiasm.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Does anyone know when training camp actually starts and how long it is?  TIA. (I know the show comes back Aug 4.)

Training Camp starts on May 31st! Wish we knew how the fan pick went! So sad that Kat is now just a one year girl :( also sad for Caila but I guess neither cut is surprising!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm so happy Kelsey and Madeline made it but incredibly angry that auto amy got in. She's terrible and if she gets cut I won't be surprised.

I know we all have our favorites, but I just don't understand the emotion of feeling "incredibly angry" about one selection, especially since we are shown so very little of the process. 

• Love 3

After watching Kat's solo piece, she is doing what rhythmic gymnastics people do, it is about the ball or ribbon etc and just doing tricks while keeping it in motion.  I think Kitty tried to help her see how to change last year but clearly she thinks if someone choreographs a gymnastics routine for her, it will be enough and we know enough is never good.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

I know we all have our favorites, but I just don't understand the emotion of feeling "incredibly angry" about one selection, especially since we are shown so very little of the process. 

I suppose angry is the wrong word, disappointed or confused are better terms. I saw kitty said she was better this year but her dance video doesn't show much progress along with the videos she had posted on insta or her ice angels videos.

I'm not surprised by Kat being cut. As soon as I saw she was doing rhythmic gymnastics again, I was like "ugh! Not again." It's beautiful but K&J want to see that you've improved on your dancing and she just didn't showcase that. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Who are the 5-years in TC besides Danielle? There seems to be less and less.

Jessica and Jenna? I think 

6 hours ago, Shan18 said:

I agree. Clearly hunter is talented but her style, as shown in that solo routine is too sharp and snappy, borderline spastic. 

That kind of choreography ... I can appreciate its intricacies but it isn't really dancing and if you are focusing on classes like that you aren't going to make the squad.

• Love 2

I feel like training camp is going to be a blood bath this year, just like last year.

I'm so glad Emily R and Kelly Q made it to TC. It's nice to see some old triers. I felt such a disconnect to the TCCs last year, that it'll be good to see some familiar faces in the TC crowd. :)

I don't think Amy S was brought to TC just to be fodder for cuts. Yes, this is a reality show, but the girls must have some chance at being able to learn the routines or have something K/J/C like for them to get into TC, even if its just the fan vote. I don't know if Amy won the fan vote; maybe there was a tie for #1. Taking 47 girls into TC is new, isn't it?  Usually there's 44-45 going. Last year there was 46 with Colby because Colby was there strictly on the fan vote. But it was a really tough judging year too.

(edited)

I agree with others on here - I'm not sure how invested I am in this process this year.  Maybe it is getting to know them TOO much through social media, seeing all their overly made up pictures and humble-brag posts.  Or just a lack of enjoyable girls, whether they were sweet or fun or just likeable.  Since the fan voting started, the candidates just seem so plastic.  Is that me?  Am I being to hard here?

This just doesn't seem as fun as earlier seasons. 

Edited by ChlcGirl

I'm pretty sure if I had to spend 5 minutes in a room with Tasha I'd run away screaming, but hopefully she brings the drama. Does she actually live in Dallas or are they relocating there for this?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

I agree with others on here - I'm not sure how invested I am in this process this year.  Maybe it is getting to know them TOO much through social media, seeing all their overly made up pictures and humble-brag posts.  Or just a lack of enjoyable girls, whether they were sweet or fun or just likeable.  Since the fan voting started, the candidates just seem so plastic.  Is that me?  Am I being to hard here?

This just doesn't seem as fun as earlier seasons. 

I thought it was just me.  It seemed like I wasn't interested in looking at the videos esp with the trouble with launching them.  I only voted once.  No bio's on them.  Now what do I do between now and August??

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I'm pretty sure if I had to spend 5 minutes in a room with Tasha I'd run away screaming, but hopefully she brings the drama. Does she actually live in Dallas or are they relocating there for this?

haha yep.  For example, nothing says "cuddling with your husband" like gallons of makeup & false eyelashes...

• Love 4
(edited)

The one judge Christine,posted it was the hardest judges discussion in her 15 years of being a DCC judge.  I really think the new judges were fearless/clueless and did not bow down to Charlotte.  

Edited by Harrythecat
23 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I'm there with you. The other thing is, the amount of girls who I find annoying being recycled through again. Of COURSE I'll still comment and watch, but with so many blenders already on the squad and maybe one or two rookies I'm rooting for, it's a whole lotta meh.

It seems like this was the year K&J said "OK!  Time to give all these multi-year candidates a shot and shut up all the fans begging to give them a chance!!!"

That Tasha ... I smell second time around Vivian allllll over her.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

It seems like this was the year K&J said "OK!  Time to give all these multi-year candidates a shot and shut up all the fans begging to give them a chance!!!"

Or that the number of girls auditioning have continued to decrease so much that they have to go with some of the retreads.

• Love 1

I agree that a lot of "meh" girls made training camp, but honestly, there's a lot of "meh" girls on the current squad.  For example, Claire, Amy L., Chantel, Elizabeth, Raylee, Stephanie, etc--none of them stand out.  I miss the days when the squad was made of up of a variety of young women, all of whom were a standout in some regard.  It's disappointing.  I never root for others to fail, but I honestly hoped lots of rookies got cut this year so they could be replaced with more dynamic performers.

I also agree with whoever said that, given the number of girls invited into training camp this year, the people's choice candidate was not someone who otherwise would have made it.  We figured out last year with Colby that if the people vote in someone the judges hadn't selected, she doesn't knock someone else out of training camp--instead, they just add her to the group they wanted to invite (i.e., they increase the number of girls invited by 1).  Thus, once we find out that person's name, we likely know who will be the first one cut.  :-)

And Auto Amy was brought in PURELY for drama.

• Love 5

I'm not convinced Kat was cut because of that solo.  She was really good and lots of people do non-DCC style solos that showcase other talents (didn't Jenn K do tap one year?).

My bet it has a lot more to do w/ her performance during the season, as in not enough power during the dances on the field, than her solo, but I guess we will see when the show airs.

Also, is Melissa Rycroft coming in to the locker room to surprise after your first game now the kiss of death that you'll be a one and done cut vet the following year?

• Love 5

I just watched Kat's solo, and I liked it!  It could have been more powerful/percussive sure, but I thought it was interesting.  Also, it was just enough gymnastics, but still left room for some dance.  I agree, then, that I doubt that was the reason she was cut. I'm guessing it was overall just a lack of power.

• Love 2

I've always had the feeling that even vets who had a weak year stand a good chance of returning as long as they show up looking their fittest, not bombing the interview, and doing a solo that indicates some kind of progress from the year before. Like Jordan Chanley.  Remember what a mess she was? She was never a great dancer but the woman remained pleasant each year and upped her game each solo.  I think had Kat stepped outside her rhythmic gymnastics comfort zone and done something DCC she could have hung onto her spot.

• Love 4

VETS 

1. Kashara @Kashgarrett

2. Jennifer K @Jennamburn

3. Jenna @Jennalenejackson

4. Melissa @Melisss82

5. Lacey @Laceyannalea

6. Jinelle @Jinelle_esther

7. Amy T @Amytrader

8. Amy L @Amy_nicole_l

9. Simone @Simonecollett

10. Claire (private Instagram)

11. Jaclyn (Jax) @Jaxxxiiee

12. Elizabeth (Bess) @Bessann

13. Holly P @Hollymariepowell

14. Stephanie @Stephlarson99

15. Chantel @Chanteljones

16. Raylee @Rayleefaythe

17. Danielle @Danielle.marie12

18. Robin @Robindaniellee

19. Erica @Ericawilkins10

20. Megan @Meg_carcioppolo

21. Jessica @Jessicamarie127

ROOKIE CANDIDATES

22. Amy Agins @amyysimone 

23. Khalyn Cole @khalyn_larke (private)

24. Heather O'Conner @heathoconn

25. Lindsey Florence @lindseyflorence

26. Jessika Palmer  @jessikapalmer

27. Sheridan McDowell @sheridangracemcdowell

28. Brennan Cook @brennanashley (private)

29. Madeline Massingill @madeline_massingill

30. Kelsey Lowrance @kelsey_lowr

31. Heather Hamilton @hhamilton2

32. Milan Brahney @milanbrahney

33. Whitney Robertson @itswhitnaay

34. Yuko  @yk_kwt

35. Tess Guidry @misstessguidry

36. Selina Flores @selina_elaine

37. Kyndall Fuller @kynfuller

38. Jackie Shaw @jaywhyess

39. Emily Roslyn @emRoslyn

40. Maggie Rouse @maggiegrouse (Twitter)

41. Cersten Bradley @pertycerti 

42. Celinda Kay @_celinderella

43. Bethany Ogger @bethanyogger

44. Allie Droste @allie_droste

45. Kelli Quinn @tinydancerkqs

46. Tasha Cruz @tasha.smedley.cruz

47. Mandy Voecks @mandy_voecks (private)

I think Jordan Chanley had a quality that not all rookies had.  Kelli said she had never seen a girl where everyone loved her and when they had her do a routine against a veteran, everyone was cheering Jordan on.  That is a quality of her character.  She even said she knew she was not the best dancer in the room and that the team needed to be made up of many different types of people.

• Love 5
(edited)

I actually like Kat's solo, as well, from the small snippet that we got. The part with the ribbon is boring, but based on the comments, I thought she would have been holding the ribbon the whole time, which wasn't the case. It was still soft and lacked pop, but I would think that her dancing on the field was probably the bigger issue. I can imagine that her finals performance looked eerily similar to last year - pretty, soft, and lyrical solo matched with a lack of power on the field. It's too bad because I liked Kat. 

I don't feel as bad for Caila honestly. She was clearly not in her best shape, and on top of that, she was posting pics online from inside bars that she is too young to get in. Just silly. I don't even care about them partying, but be smart about it. 

Hopefully, we get to see more solo routines in the coming days. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

I actually like Kat's solo from the small snippet that we got. The part with the ribbon is boring, but based on the comments, I thought she would have been holding the ribbon the whole time, which wasn't the case. It was still soft and lacked pop, but I would think that her dancing on the field was probably the bigger issue. I can imagine that her finals performance looked eerily similar to last year - pretty, soft, and lyrical solo matched with a lack of power on the field. It's too bad because I liked Kat. 

I don't feel as bad for Caila honestly. She was clearly not in her best shape, and on top of that, she was posting pics online from inside bars that she is too young to get in. Just silly. I don't even care about them partying, but be smart about it. 

Hopefully, we get to see more solo routines in the coming days. 

Mike Napoli posted the pic, not that it really matters since she shouldn't have been there.

I didn't say what I meant right, did I? ?

It seemed like Kat was really liked by her teammates, despite not having the dancing chops, like Jordan.  The difference between them is that after her rookie year, Jordan seemed to make a real effort to apply what she learned to the audition process.  I didn't so much see Kat doing that in her solo.  Their complaint last year was how fluid she was and she gave them more fluidity.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, cashandprizes said:

Mike Napoli posted the pic, not that it really matters since she shouldn't have been there.

Oh ok. Thanks. I thought she had put it up on her own instagram. 

2 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

So excited for the new girls and seeing who makes the team! :)

Yes!  My favorite part of each season is rooting on my favorites.  I love it when they finally announce the squad and see how thrilled they are that they made it.

48 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

I was thinking the same thing.  There are quite a few repeat auditioners who have never gone to TC and there are a few who have already been TCCs.  I'm wondering if it's going to be one big fell swoop cut so they can say "see internet?  This is why we didn't pick them before".  But I'm hoping I'm wrong about a few of them.  Redemption arcs make for good story lines.  I'd love to see Kelsey go from being pegged as the "dumb girl/50 yards on a football field" person to someone who worked really hard to improve her interviewing skills.  I don't think she was as "ditzy" as they tried to portray her last season.  Especially given they took others in to TC with very stupid or "blank" answers (remember the girl who quit for anatomy class?  Her interview was awful).  I'm hoping Kelsey goes in to TC and knocks it out of the park!

54 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

I'll keep y'all updated with how training camp goes. Who knows, I might just be in the studio. Anyway, I'm signing off for now. ?

Yes, please!!!  Keep us updated :)

• Love 3

Same, Kelsey seems to have been working hard but everyone always holds the "50 yards" comment against her. So many people have tweeted kelli joking about that when she posted about interviews.