Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Wrote a list !! (I'm such a list maker) 

there are only a few blank spots and those are blonde! I just can't tell! 

Top row (left to right)

Kelsey

Khalyn

Emily 

Robyn (Vet)

Selina

Simone (Vet)

Kyndall 

???

Megan (Vet)

Tess

???

Holly (Vet)

Amy T (Vet)

Elizabeth (Vet)

Chantel (Vet)

Allie 

Middle Row (Left to Right)

Megan 

???

Madeline

Maggie

Heather

Cersten

???

Stephanie (Vet)

Yuko

Jackie 

Celinda

???

Erica (Vet)

Milan

Raylee (Vet)

Bottom Row (Left to right)

Sheridan 

Whitney

Amy L (Vet)

Jax (Vet)

Kashara (Vet)

Danielle (Vet)

Jinelle (Vet)

Jessika 

Lacey (Vet)

Jenna (Vet)

Claire (Vet)

Melissa (Vet)

Jennifer (Vet)

Jessica (Vet)

Amy 

Brennan 

• Love 4
(edited)

Im not shocked about Kat or Caila, they always seemed to be playing catch up on the dances when everyone else got it. I never thought they were the best dancers. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 2

I wish Caila had stayed on but she seemed to slack off a bit once the last football game was played.  She had worked hard to come back her 2nd year, but she needed to maintain that level throughout the year and beyond.  I don't know if there was such a big improvement between her first and second year that there was nowhere for her to go technique- and dancewise, but she needed to work it and didn't.  Weight may have play a part in it, but from the looks of things, that weight didn't start until after the season.  Who knows if the rumors are true about her partying, but even if they remain rumors, if Judy and Kelli heard about them, then that could be damaging enough for her to get cut.  Still, it's not so much of a surprise that she got cut, though it may have been for her.

As for Kat, I think she needed to improve on her dancing and show that she had been improving.  The rhythmic gymnastics thing was great her first time through, but I think she needed to bring the dance more and scale back on the rhythmic moves.  I wonder if she struggled enough in dancing through the season, but that should have made her hit the dance floor in a studio and take classes like Caila did for her second year.

Just peeked in on Instagram.  Shelbi posted a sign that said "That which is meant to be will not pass you by."

• Love 2

Who is shelbi?

Also does anyone know if that lady I think her name is Shelly or something with an S she deals with DCC daughter made it?

And any word on former DCC Jamie?

24 minutes ago, morningglory said:

I still don't know how I feel about Tasha's pictures on her instagram. She seems interesting to say the least.

Yes! She seemed really....into herself. I mean I expect a little of that from all of them (they're all so fit and beautiful) but hers were over the top where it kinda instantly made me not like her

• Love 3

I believe this is the list!:)

VETS 

1. Kashara @Kashgarrett

2. Jennifer K @Jennamburn

3. Jenna @Jennalenejackson

4. Melissa @Melisss82

5. Lacey @Laceyannalea

6. Jinelle @Jinelle_esther

7. Amy T @Amytrader

8. Amy L @Amy_nicole_l

9. Simone @Simonecollett

10. Claire (private Instagram)

11. Jaclyn (Jax) @Jaxxxiiee

12. Elizabeth (Bess) @Bessann

13. Holly P @Hollymariepowell

14. Stephanie @Stephlarson99

15. Chantel @Chanteljones

16. Raylee @Rayleefaythe

17. Danielle @Danielle.marie12

18. Robin @Robindaniellee

19. Erica @Ericawilkins10

20. Megan @Meg_carcioppolo

21. Jessica @Jessicamarie127

ROOKIE CANDIDATES

22. Amy Agins @amyysimone 

23. Khalyn Cole @khalyn_larke (private)

24. Heather O'Conner @heathoconn

25. Lindsey Florence @lindseyflorence

26. Jessika Palmer  @jessikapalmer

27. Sheridan McDowell @sheridangracemcdowell

28. Brennan Cook @brennanashley (private)

29. Madeline Massingill @madeline_massingill

30. Kelsey Lowrance @kelsey_lowr

31. Heather Hamilton @hhamilton2

32. Milan Brahney @milanbrahney

33. Whitney Robertson @itswhitnaay

34. Yuko  @yk_kwt

35. Tess Guidry @misstessguidry

36. Selina Flores @selina_elaine

37. Kyndall Fuller @kynfuller

38. Jackie Shaw @jaywhyess

39. Emily Roslyn @emRoslyn

40. Maggie Rouse @maggiegrouse (Twitter)

41. Cersten Bradley @pertycerti 

42. Celinda Kay @_celinderella

43. Bethany Ogger @bethanyogger

44. Allie Droste @allie_droste

45. Kelli Quinn @tinydancerkqs

46. Tasha Cruz @tasha.smedley.cruz

47. Mandy Voecks @mandy_voecks (private)

• Love 4

Not sad to see Kat go.  The signature leg pose is not a reason to be in TCC.  Caila's irresponsible behavior can be used as a good example of what can happen if rules are broken.  I'd like to know if Kelli and Judy are readily accessible by the girls or if immediately upon being cut they are unable to speak with them in person or by phone or email.   In other words, do cut vets get to  discuss reasons or anything like that or are they just toast?

• Love 3

Are the new TCCs not allowed to post anything about making it in to training camp on their Instagram accounts?  I would think Kelsey, Amy, Madeline and the others would have posted something by now.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, morningglory said:

I still don't know how I feel about Tasha's pictures on her instagram. She seems interesting to say the least.

Me too! Anyone ever confirm that this is her 3rd husband? At 24 years old already married 3 times. That must confirm what many think about her being a diva to say the least. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Yes! She seemed really....into herself. I mean I expect a little of that from all of them (they're all so fit and beautiful) but hers were over the top where it kinda instantly made me not like her

I didn't think Emily was into herself.  I thought she was sweet and humble - if there was a negative about her she came off as less than bright - like a bit of a ditsy blonde, but not too bad.    Her final office visit w/ Kelli when she said "I'm getting cut aren't I?" was cute.

I think her look has improved drastically since last time - like wow is she pretty now and I never really saw her as more than kinda cute before.   I swear Sydney helped her out w/ some styling tips ;).

• Love 4

It could be the angle of the photo, but it looks like the tall blonde could have short legs for her height. Next to the other gals, they don't look significantly longer. That might not always hurt her, but she'll be on the 50 and it doesn't look like there are a lot of other super tall gals for balance. They're always so picky about the girls on the centers and ends.

Tho Kelly is a sucker for a tall blonde! Hopefully she's got a big old smile. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, morningglory said:

I thought the tall blonde was Jenny Smith, but I am not sure if she actually made it upon closer inspection. Does anyone know who the "new Caila" is? ;)

Her name is Lindsey!:)

8 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Are the new TCCs not allowed to post anything about making it in to training camp on their Instagram accounts?  I would think Kelsey, Amy, Madeline and the others would have posted something by now.

They are! Some take a while :) Madeline did post something! Many others will probably post tomorrow when they have contained their excitement!

• Love 4

Is that tall blonde Ellen?  Her hair looks shorter in the pic w/ the other three girls and I remember that Ellen had short hair and looked similar. 

Thats definitely not Jenny Smith.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Sunny said:

Me too! Anyone ever confirm that this is her 3rd husband? At 24 years old already married 3 times. That must confirm what many think about her being a diva to say the least. 

Not sure, but she does have a blog! http://cruzinwithtasha.blogspot.com/

And she looked much better with darker hair IMO. Not as plastic fantastic

.09TeenLarge10.jpg

jg_miss_utah_09_.jpg

Edited by morningglory
(edited)

Oh gosh, I just took a stroll through Tasha Cruz's Instagram. It's amazing. Holy sheesh, never change girl. It's like she's an uber amped mash up of a DWTS pro and a Mormon mommy blogger mixed with a dash of Real Housewives. 

Speaking of which, I still chuckle at the judge last year asking Madeleine about her faith and how it conflicts with the skimpy costume. He's clearly never watched DWTS or any major dance competition. Mormons are very prevalent in the dance world and like Madeleine says, they just have to wear it with grace. 

Miss Tasha might have missed the modest and humble part of the scripture, but I think she'll be entertaining :) 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Sunny said:

Third?!? ??

• Love 1
(edited)

I think her look has improved drastically since last time - like wow is she pretty now and I never really saw her as more than kinda cute before.   I swear Sydney helped her out w/ some styling tips ;).

Emily looked the way she looks now her first year on Mavs, before Sydney joined the team.

I just took a stroll through Tasha Cruz's Instagram. It's amazing. Holy sheesh, never change girl.

For some reason I find her instagram entertaining. She seems over-the-top but in a way that is funny. I like her. As for prior marriages, I think this is her. I think she was very young then. I've read it's not uncommon for Mormons to marry at 18.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Is that tall blonde Ellen?  Her hair looks shorter in the pic w/ the other three girls and I remember that Ellen had short hair and looked similar. 

Thats definitely not Jenny Smith.

Whomever she is she is stunning. And her kicks must look amazing! 

Hunter posted her solo on her Instagram page.  Michelle Keys choreographed it.  Sadly it is too Michelle-ish And does not show any technique.  Just in your face movements.  I like Michelle 's stuff but a bit too edgy sometimes.

• Love 5
(edited)

Whitney looks pretty tall too. It's a good thing she's got those kilgore kicks!

ETA: ooooh, the photo of the training camp people has disappeared from Kristi Scales' twitter.

Edited by sleepyjean
(edited)
56 minutes ago, WendyW said:

Who is shelbi?

Also does anyone know if that lady I think her name is Shelly or something with an S she deals with DCC daughter made it?

And any word on former DCC Jamie?

Are you talking about Shelly Bramhall's daughter Dayton? She didn't audition as far as I know. I might be wrong but I don't think she's even old enough.

Jamie with the red hair isn't a former DCC but Jenna Allison is. She didn't make camp as far as I can tell from the pics.

ETA Shelbi is a TCC from last year. She is the brunette who quit her job to practice more and got cut. She didn't make it to camp this year.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Hunter posted her solo on her Instagram page.  Michelle Keys choreographed it.  Sadly it is too Michelle-ish And does not show any technique.  Just in your face movements.  I like Michelle 's stuff but a bit too edgy sometimes.

I agree. Clearly hunter is talented but her style, as shown in that solo routine is too sharp and snappy, borderline spastic. 

Huh. Just watched the video of Hunter. That routine is so not DCC. She was literally twerking at one point, almost exactly how Angela did at show group auditions last year when they said she shouldn't have done that.

• Love 2

I like the beginning part of Hunter's solo (and I not much of a fan of Michelle Key's choreography), but it does seem a bit spastic once she really starts dancing. I am also not a fan of the boots she is wearing--I think wearing jazz shoes or something similar would have made her feet look prettier.

• Love 1
(edited)

Picture of the two Heathers and Maggie. I thought Heather Hamilton's audition video was one of the better ones, and I really like her look, so I am hoping she makes it!

ETA: A picture of Kelli as well!

Edited by morningglory

Kat shared part of her solo. I've always rooted for her and am sad she got cut, but not surprised after watching this. The parts where she was actually dancing are so soft it almost looks like she's marking. I hope she performed harder than this today, but she must not have since she was cut. Sad day.

LadyMsJay j have no coordination or flexibility at all so someone like Kat makes me jealous. Okay any of the DCCs make me jealous lol. I guess mostly I just liked Kat for some unknown good vibes sweet gal reason. Same reason I identify with Danielle! (okay well she and I share a first name). 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Huh. Just watched the video of Hunter. That routine is so not DCC. She was literally twerking at one point, almost exactly how Angela did at show group auditions last year when they said she shouldn't have done that.

Sorry in advance for the following rant.

OMG...WTF...was that? I can not believe that someone convinced poor Hunter that routine would get her into DCC training camp. 

I voted for Hunter. I still believe in her dance abilities. I think she has what it takes.

But that routine? Was not her style. The song was bad. Crunking? CRUNKING??? CRUNKING and TWERKING??? Was that supposed to be a flip? I need to hear what Kitty Carter had to say IF Hunter was one of the girls chosen to go her Studio before finals. I can not believe what I just saw. 

Hunter, dear, you saw what the girls who got into training camp did in their routines. I hope next year you show your talent, your technique, and don't make your short legs look shorter with ankle boots. I feel for you kiddo.

I respect that Hunter is not moping or whining. She has the right attitude. She had a blast, met some cool new friends, learned from the process, and will try again next year. I wish her the best. 

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, spazette said:

LadyMsJay j have no coordination or flexibility at all so someone like Kat makes me jealous. Okay any of the DCCs make me jealous lol. I guess mostly I just liked Kat for some unknown good vibes sweet gal reason. Same reason I identify with Danielle! (okay well she and I share a first name). 

I'm not saying she doesn't have great flexibility and technique. I've been one of her biggest supporters and I'm sad to see her go. I just think she sealed her own fate by delivering something so soft. To move forward I think she needed to show them that she's capable of other things. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5
(edited)

I liked Kat's solo, but thought it needed more power, more pop, more . . . everything except rhythmic gymnastics.  The ribbon can be used for emphasis, but she just wasn't dancing.  I remember hearing somewhere (maybe this show) that props tend to hide weaknesses or distract from them and if you need to use a prop, you aren't doing what you're supposed to.  The ball was okay the first time around because it's unique, shows a special kind of control and a type of performance they hadn't seen in a long time if at all.  Second time around, she should have showed them what she'd learned and, from the looks of things, she really hadn't learned a lot.  She should have been doing a lot more dancing then waving around a pretty piece of material and showing off her flexibility.

I wonder if she faded on the field and just got outperformed.  She seems like a very sweet girl that everyone loves, but personality doesn't always get you the game.  I liked Kat, but I think she just hadn't stepped up her game enough to go on.

Edited by EricaShadows

See I don't mind when girls are disappointed when they didn't make training camp. Because of all the extra preparation. However that Megan girl being so dramatic about not getting through prelims.. Urgh she needs to get over herself. I know for a fact that Jackie Bob has seen her "devastated/heartbroken" posts.. Given that she runs, or did run the DCC camps that WILL have got back to KJ and could hurt her chances of ever making it. She's coming across childish and bratty. So embarrassing