Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

It may be true that Melissa's body type isn't hourglass or thin, but I never thought she looked "heavy" in previous years.

Amy T has always looked too bottom heavy to be a DCC from the first time she hit the screen on episode 1 of S10, to me, but clearly TPTB don't care - may have something to do w/ how she has one of, if not the, prettiest face on the squad and her education/intelligence.   You'd think they'd at least call her out and tell her to loose some weight like they would do to other girls her same size?, but I guess not.  All that said, Amy T is only heavy from the waist down, she looks great in her arms, chest, face...I think Melissa looks bigger all over - even in her face.

It will be interesting to see if any of these girls get called out for this stuff.  So if you are a great dancer, you're allowed to be heavy?  I didn't think the DCC worked that way.

I'm just spitballin' here but ... I think we can all agree that Amy T has a less-than-hourglass figure.  But if her body fat percentage is low enough, then telling her to lose weight wouldn't really work.  I agree that because of her talent, beauty and intelligence they are willing to overlook her figure.  I love her figure - she's toned but womanly. :D

• Love 4
1 minute ago, omgtv said:

Oh NO!!!!  That does NOT look too good.

Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm.  NOT toned.  What is this girl thinking showing up at finals like that?  Did she not she previous blood baths???

• Love 2

There was just no height to that leap at all. I know that section of the routine was weak but remember that is only 10 seconds! Hopefully the rest was a whole lot better. I've got a bad feeling about Caila though, hope I'm wrong! 

• Love 1
(edited)

Now I need to go watch this Jackie person ....

That was absolutely dreadful.  If she does win the fan vote I predict that she won't be long for camp.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 2
On 5/20/2016 at 7:35 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Personally I think Madeline has more of a DCC look than Kat.  Kat doesn't look DCC at all.  She looks scrawny or something.  Those dances all of them are doing now--I guess I am older--but to me that's not dancing--it's just gyrating like a snake  slithering in the grass (I live on a farm).

I agree 100%

21 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Is Jen wearing mother-in-law-bride evening shoes?

Haha. The dress definitely looked better on Holly.

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Erica was first soloist this year

Not surprised there.

1 hour ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Ugh.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I get the whole play to your strength thing but branch out a bit, Kat.

Exactly. Same thing with Simone.

45 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

I could say goodbye to Caila, Simone, and Kat EASILY 

So easy. BYE!

..and maybe Stephanie.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Robin also looks like she's gained on the midsection 

I don't think so.

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Erica and holly...!! Yesss!! My girls!! Oh gosh, I hope Kelsey and Madeline killed it! 

I'm pretty sure Madeline will; it's just how she does in TC that's the issue.

I hope Kelsey can nail their technique because otherwise, she's got it all..especially considering her interview went well.

• Love 1

Maybe it's the angles cause Holly looked soft on snapchat and she's constantly posting her gym vids.

Gorgeous pic of Kat with the ribbon - I'm kind of sad for her that she has the run, because that's a pic I would treasure as an old lady ;)  I don't mind that she's playing to her strengths, and I'm willing to bet she incorporated some power moves or things she's learned this past year. At least I hope she has! I always seem to wish the best for everyone. Well, except Auto Amy. She gets my eye roll with her whining. Maybe she's just been edited poorly, but bleh. 

I wish I had known about watching them live at the stadium - I totally would have gone! Anyone else in DFW? We should have a watch party and for sure go next year. All of my friends know I watch the show but most think I'm nuts ;) It's so my guilty pleasure. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Danielle looks exactly the same as last year in those pics. Not understanding the comments??

My snap isnt working so I cant see Holly P. She claimed her routine was going to be filled with more tricks than last year...hope she posts it on social later this week.

My new favorite finalist is Cersten. I think LSU Tiger Girls is good breeding ground for DCC and I hope she shines on the field!

Edited by pink317
  • Love 4

I haven't been around for finals before. When do we start finding out who made TC? Is it like 9ish or something? Or later than that.

So glad Erica got the first slot! I love her.

Wish Kat had branched out instead of bringing another rhythmic gymnastics prop.

• Love 1

I liked most of the girls' costumes this year! A lot of red but some cute designs. I know raylee falls under the radar a lot but she is so pretty and her figure is wow! Kashara also looked gorgeous. I think Danielle will be fine... She is never ripped and I don't think she looks heavy. Caila tho... Ugh. Makes me sad but she knows better.

• Love 2

Danielle has never had a 6-pack; never has, never will. She looks just fine like she has every other year.

Caila didn't look good in that shot. It was a mistake to wear leggings; it looks as though she's a bit out of shape. But I hope it was just the shot that was bad and she won't get cut.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Gorgeous pic of Kat with the ribbon - I'm kind of sad for her that she has the run, because that's a pic I would treasure as an old lady ;)  I don't mind that she's playing to her strengths, and I'm willing to bet she incorporated some power moves or things she's learned this past year. At least I hope she has! I always seem to wish the best for everyone. Well, except Auto Amy. She gets my eye roll with her whining. Maybe she's just been edited poorly, but bleh. 

I wish I had known about watching them live at the stadium - I totally would have gone! Anyone else in DFW? We should have a watch party and for sure go next year. All of my friends know I watch the show but most think I'm nuts ;) It's so my guilty pleasure. 

Hey! I just may be able to fly down next year and watch too! Have to see how the finances go.  Sounds like fun!

• Love 3

Yes, they go to the stadium for finals routine and kickline. The judges make their decisions afterwards. Kelli, Judy and Charlotte usually make the TC candidates announcements.

Looking at pictures on twitter, Melissa and Erica look great. Caila...I hate to say it, but I think she will be cut. Stephanie's routine did not look great. Kat looked good. The judges, especially Kelli, liked her routine from last year, so I would not be surprise if they like her routine this year. Robin's outfit reminds me of the Breast Cancer Awareness performance outfit. Raylee looks good, but I wonder about her routine. Claire was meh...for me.

Caila got no air on that leap. As a 3 year veteran candidate she doe not look better. They want these girls to get better every year. She is smart with that black outfit. Still she looks softer than in the past.

I would not be surprised if Danielle got axed. I know she is a Kelli favorite so...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

looks like she's wearing granny panties 

Haha it does.  I love when vets get cut, too.  Drama is what makes this show fun.  

Lacey and Erica are gorgeous.   

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

DCC posted photos of all returning vets except for Amy L, Chantel, and Jaclyn 

Can someone bump/repost the list of potential rookies and their social media?

Cristi Fisher

Instagram: @cristi_fisher

Former Affiliation: Michigan State Pom/Detroit Pistons 

Jenny Smith

Instagram: @jenny.smith9

Jessika Palmer 

Instagram: (private) @jessikapalmer

Sheridan McDowell

Instagram: @sheridangracemcdowell

Formal Affiliation: TCU Showgirl

Jacy Rae Barney 

Instagram: @missjacyrae (private)

Former Affiliation: DCRB/LA Clippers

Brennan Cook

Instagram: @brennanashley (private)

Royesha Gibson 

Instagram: @royeshagibson (private)

Former Affiliation: Blazer Dancers

Mandy Voecks

Instagram: @mandy_voecks (private)

Shelbi Crawford

Instagram: @shelbicrawford

Former Affiliation: Texas Star Dancers/CA Athletics 

Madeline Massingill

Instagram: @madeline_massingill

Kelsey Lowrance

Instagram: @kelsey_lowr

Former Affiliation: AAIA

Heather Hamilton

Instagram: @hhamilton2

Twitter: @hhamilton2

Former Affiliation: OU Pom

Milan Brahney

Instagram: @milanbrahney

Former Affiliation: competitive dance team

Whitney Robertson

Instagram: @itswhitnaay

Twitter: @itswhitnaay

Former Affiliation: Texas Legends Dancers/Kilgore Rangerette 

Yuko _______

Instagram: (Private) @yk_kwt

Tess Guidry

Instagram: @misstessguidry

Former Affiliation: LSU Golden Girls 

Emma Jones

Instagram: @emmaleejones20

Former Affiliation: UNT Dancers

Kylee Wideman

Instagram: @k_monee

Former Affiliation: NC State Cheer 

Selina Flores

Instagram: (private) @selina_elaine

Former Affiliation: Mesquite Marshals Darling Deputies

Tasha Cruz

Instagram: @tasha.smedley.cruz

Former Affiliation: Phoenix Suns/ Utah Jazz NBA

Kyndall Fuller

Instagram: @kynfuller

Former Affiliation: Texas State Strutters

Jackie Shaw

Instagram: (private) @jaywhyess

Hunter Blackwell

Instagram: @hunternblackwell

Former Affiliation: Mavs/Cheer Athletics 

Emily Roslyn

Twitter: @emRoslyn

Former Affiliation: Mavs/ Texas Star Dancers

Maggie Rouse

Twitter: @maggiegrouse

Former Affiliation: University of Oregon Cheer 

Mariyah ______

Instagram: @mariyahleigh

Former Affiliation: Dallas Stars Ice Girls 

Cersten Bradley

Twitter: @pertycerti

Instagram: @pertycerti 

Former Affiliation: LSU Tiger Girl

Brooke Gelling 

Twitter: @brooklyngelling 

Former affiliation: Texas Star Dancer

De'Jenae Parkman 

Twitter: @xoxo_dejanae

Former affiliation: Mavs

Bethany Ogger 

Instagram: @bethanyogger

Former Affiliation: University of Louisville Ladybird

Kelli Quinn - Confirmed 

Instagram: @tinydancerkqs

Former affiliation: AAIA, Mavs 

Minerva Benitez

Instagram: @minervabenitezz

Former Affiliation: La Joya Jewelettes

Celinda Kay

Twitter: @celinda_kay 

Former Affiliation: Texas Legends Dancer 

Jenna Brooks 

Instagram: @jenna_brooks1

Former Affiliation: DCC

Jamie Scakes 

Instagram: (private) @jamielynnscakes

Former Affiliation: AAIA, Mavs, Texas Legends Dancer 

Ally Cheatham 

Instagram: @ally_cheatham (private)

Former Affiliation: Baylor Acro & Tumbling

Allie Droste 

Instagram: @allie_droste

Former Affiliation: University of Arkansas Cheer 

Karly

Joi Smith 

Megan Brillos

Instagram: @megstagram

Former Affiliation: Mizzou Golden Girl 

Hannah Anderson

Instagram: @hannah__anderson95

Former Affiliation: SLU Cheer (Saintsations)

Amy Agins

Instagram: @amyysimone 

Former affiliation: AAIA

Khalyn Cole

Instagram: @khalyn_larke (private)

Former Affiliation: Mesquite Marshals Darling  Deputies 

Heather O'Conner

Instagram: @heathoconn

Lindsey 

Miranda Tims

Instagram: mirandatims

Brittney Vodde-Overstreet

Ellen Heidel 

Instagram: @ellheidel 

Former Affiliation: Minnesota Vikings 

24 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Sickle feet just piss me off. TURN. IT. OUT. It's so ugly and so basic. If you can't remember to turn your leg out, which is just about the FIRST thing they teach in technique, have a seat and take a lesson from those who can. Friends don't let friends have sickle kicks. There. I'm done now.

Yeah, I'm not even a dancer but when I saw that pic I was immediately struck by how ugly her feet looked and also her arms. Just looks awkward.

• Love 1