Type keyword(s) to search

My Lottery Dream Home - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm watching this episode where the couple won 1 million on a Scratch ticket and David says, 'Oh, you're a millionaire now!' and I immediately think, 'Nope, they're about a $600 thousandaire now!' Why do these people always forget taxes?!?

• Applause 2

I never watch the scratch off episodes but I love the big budget Madison episode so I did this time.

But they said this was the biggest budget anyone has ever had. I could have sworn there was an episode where a couple bought a 10 million dollar house in CA early on. 

• Like 1

I really appreciate the lower budget places. House Hunters is so OTT with out of touch buyers who have no clue rhe difference between a Craftsman and craftsmanship! And they want it all. The folks on this show are just so down to earth and I find it very sweet and refreshing. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I never watch the scratch off episodes but I love the big budget Madison episode so I did this time.

But they said this was the biggest budget anyone has ever had. I could have sworn there was an episode where a couple bought a 10 million dollar house in CA early on. 

The first season (maybe not really first season) the couple hit it big, and bought a mansion on a mountain top, bought the ranch below, and more of the mountain, and it was super expensive and spectacular.   However, later a family member couldn't travel up there, so they sold the mansion and moved.    

I enjoyed all but one episode of this show, and that one the husband obviously hated being on the show.      I figure that whatever the person spends is what they can afford, and we'll never know what debts they have, what else they're doing with the money, or if they're supporting other family members expenses.    Some of the cheapest houses are still someone's dream, and seem to be something they've never been able to afford until the lottery win, or inheritance.    

• Applause 2
7 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I'm watching this episode where the couple won 1 million on a Scratch ticket and David says, 'Oh, you're a millionaire now!' and I immediately think, 'Nope, they're about a $600 thousandaire now!' Why do these people always forget taxes?!?

I yell that at the TV every damn show!!!

• LOL 2

There husky bear dude single dad who chose Plum Creek house, I realized the furniture during the showing was the same during the 'two weeks later' clip. WTAF?! Am.I the only one just seeing this? Are they doing this to all the homes now? 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, surfgirl said:

There husky bear dude single dad who chose Plum Creek house, I realized the furniture during the showing was the same during the 'two weeks later' clip. WTAF?! Am.I the only one just seeing this? Are they doing this to all the homes now? 

Some places do sell the homes or condos furnished, often in resort areas.   However, the producers sometimes have David say "you can always offer to buy the furniture" as a way to fool the viewers.    

• Like 1
  • Useful 1