Type keyword(s) to search

My Lottery Dream Home - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Rolling In It on the Texas Plains"

New, 5/03/2024

After hitting it big with $3.5 million in the Texas lottery, Helene and Neil, a stargazing couple enlist David's help finding their dream home outside of Lubbock that's perfect for gazing at the dazzling expanse of stars in the night sky every night.

It's so funny to see David watch the tumbleweeds roll by (they're tiny) .  Lubbock TX, Helene and Neil won $3.52 million in the Texas lottery on Lotto America.   

Wishlist-They want a star friendly home long out of the light interference from the city lights.   They currently live in Albuquerque.  Budget $500,000 for Helene, Neil's is $700,000, 4 bed 3 bath.  Office for Helene.  (David mets with Denita, he's met with her before).    

House 1- Dozer Drive in SW Lubbock  -5  bed, 4 bath, 3100 sq ft, on 1/2 acre.   $690,000.  Beautiful house, only a few years old.  great family/living/dining.  Fantastic kitchen. woodburning fireplace.  Each upstairs bedroom is on a corner, main suite is huge, ensuite is huge and beautiful.  Upstairs bedrooms are huge too.  Big fenced back yard, all grass. 

House 2-The Mason far outside of Lubbock, new build-4 bed, 3 bath, sq ft, on over an acre $610,000.     Fantastic great room/kitchen/dining.   bigger than House 1.  Guest bedrooms are nice size, 2 guest baths.   Another room for Helene's office.   Main bedroom is gigantic, ensuite is beautiful, and big.  My concern is it's the first of a subdivision, so will that have streetlights, or neighbors that light the exterior of the house up? 

House 3-Ollie Lane in Ropesville in the middle of nowhere (this is where the tumbleweeds keep rolling by)  -4 bed, 4 bath, 3100 sq ft, $599,000 on 2 1/2 acres.    Lovely porch.  Living/kitchen is gorgeous with great beams. No pantry, but a great storage cabinet.   4 person dining.  Bedroom and bath with a guest living room.  two guest bedrooms, and a third bathroom, office space.  main suite is big, with a walkout to the back yard, ensuite is gorgeous, great tiled shower, with a huge main closet.  Back yard isn't fenced, back to farm land, back yard has a huge pergola.  

They buy #2.  I hoping it isn't too close to the neighbors.    I would worry about the new neighborhood having too much light pollution.      I would have bought #3, except even with more acres, there's no guarantee that the farmland behind the house wouldn't become a subdivision some day either.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5

Another episode where the houses were all nice.  It was hard to choose between them.  I liked the exterior of house #1 because it had the new vertical siding with brick trim.  My husband and I have to renovate the front of our house because a tree fell on it and we're thinking of going with that look.

• Like 1
(edited)

Small Town, Big Dreams"

New, 5/10/2024

A Chandra and Toby, she recently won $1 million on a scratch off ticket leave their tiny Ohio town in search of a home with a big yard for their grandson and two Jack Russell terriers.

Wishlist-Canton, Ohio, for Chandra and Toby, they're locals.  They have custody of her non-verbal grandson with autism.     They want big backyard, 2+ bedrooms, 2 baths, Budget $200,000.  David is asking a realtor in their tiny town.  The entire realtor office staff come out to greet David. Bolivar is a 2 bed 2 bath starting at $150,000 on 1 acre. Minerva is a lovely home.  ANother one in another small town. 

One house is going up for auction, a first for the show. 

House 1-Bluestem Prairie in Bolivar -3 bed, 2 bath, 1726 sq ft, $150,000 is starting bid, on 1 acre.  With auction properties, no inspection 'as is', no modifications by the bank.    Great kichen, it's huge and lovely, granite and beautiful cabinets, induction range (safe for the grandson). Dining/living/kitchen are open, deck is big.  1 bath is lovely with the stacked full size washer/dryer.  Huge main bedroom. 2 more guest bedrooms.  Basement is finished and carpeted with a big fireplace with a wood stove.  It needs paint in the basement.  Back yard is fenced, and overlooks a pond. Deck is wonderful and huge. 

House 2-Green Gable in Malvern (David was in Malvern before for the show)-in Amish country, 4 bed,2 bath,1826 sq ft, $184,900.   two stories, you walk into the dining room, wood floors kitchen is adorable, and big. Living room is gorgeous with a great fireplace, main floor bedroom with ensuite with shower only, laundry is in the ensuite, upstairs 3 guest bedroom, another bath with a tub, back yard needs a fence, but is big for in town.   (This one is still for sale, pending, but so many fail to close)

House 3-Catchfly Field in Beach CIty -2 bed, 2 bath,1250 sq ft, $179,900 on an acre.   Detached 2 car garage. Lovely living dining/kitchen, wood floors, eat-in kitchen with a wood stove. Kitchen needs more cabinets.  Upstairs 1 bed and bath for grandson, main bedroom is lovely and big (I love the quilt on the bed), still hardwood floors, basement needs work, great deck, big yard, and an above ground pool (easy to keep safe, just take the ladder away). 

They buy #1 with the auction, they bought it for a little over $200,000.  I think it was a huge bargain.   I love the kitchen, and the deck and yard. 

("The previous episode in Malvern was "Million-Dollar Wonderland" David Bromstad helps a couple find their dream home near Canton, Ohio, )

(My cable guide claims [my cable guides often lie] next week is the Scratch Off: I'm Italian, I Cook Sauce,  not a new episode.  However, I really enjoyed the couple from this episode).

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
On 5/3/2024 at 8:31 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I would have bought #3, except even with more acres, there's no guarantee that the farmland behind the house wouldn't become a subdivision some day either.  

That was my favorite, but the one they bought is beautiful too.  Maybe he didn't want quite so much land to take care of.  I like the exterior of the modern farmhouse-style homes.  I'm still not too crazy about a big, open floor plan, but I don't entertain, so it's not important that I have lots of walking around room for guests!  

• Like 1