Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe got mad at the NY Post for showing a picture of Biden wandering off at the photo ceremony. He called it disinformation. Biden was looking at soldiers.

Willie said Trump has to worry about abortion & the economy being strong.

• Like 3

Geez, it has been so long since I watched the show from the beginning ... I had forgotten about the 8:00 rerun.  And how egregious it is.  

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe got mad at the NY Post for showing a picture of Biden wandering off at the photo ceremony. He called it disinformation. Biden was looking at soldiers.

Willie said Trump has to worry about abortion & the economy being strong.

Yeah it just great that Joe went after the NY Post this morning and showed the full footage of their manufactured story.

But again where is the Biden campaign? 

9 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Geez, it has been so long since I watched the show from the beginning ... I had forgotten about the 8:00 rerun.  And how egregious it is.  

You should watch Weekend Joe if you want to see egregious 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe started drinking Milwaukee's Best beer on the set. They are outraged that Trump said he didn't like Milwaukee. Mika was happy that Milwaukee had a large Polish population.

It was funny ... they were drinking the beer to symbolize their like for Milwaukee, but Mika couldn't put aside her "thing" against beer and grimaced every time she took a sip ... largely seeming inconsistent with the point Joe was trying to make. 

Edited by Pike Ludwell
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't like beer either, but, unlike MIka, at least I would have faked liking it to make Joe's point.

I'd have dumped the beer out and filled it with water and chugged it empty then crushed the can.  It was 6am for crying out loud, and it's show biz.
Tenderly sipping so the merest dram of liquid is drunk isn't the flex they thought it was.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, Pike Ludwell said:

It was funny ... they were drinking the beer to symbolize their like for Milwaukee, but Mika couldn't put aside her "thing" against beer and grimaced every time she took a sip ... largely seeming inconsistent with the point Joe was trying to make. 

What is the saying? "Wherever I go...here I am" or something like that.  Maybe from Dr. Seuss?  Hope someone knows what in the world I am talking about.  Anyway...that is Meeka.  She will never be beyond her raising. That is her Ninja value.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 6/13/2024 at 9:18 AM, oakville said:

Joe talked about his relationship with Paul Ryan. Joe was the leader of the balanced budget wing of the party. Paul was the leader of tax cut wing of the party.

On 6/13/2024 at 9:26 AM, oakville said:

Donny wants more GOP members to speak out against Trump. Donny should shave before appearing on TV.

I need Joe and Donny to re-evaluate the men they choose to praise or socialize with. Calling Ryan a "wonderful man"? Dude probably rakes in half a million for keeping a chair warm at a company that continues to actively lie about our current presidential candidates (and pretty much everything else).

Donny said he had dinner with a friend who liked Trump and will vote for him because he is "funny". If that is Donny's friend's sense of humor I can only assume he was a writer on Deutsch's eponymous short-lived sitcom.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 6/14/2024 at 2:39 PM, tres bien said:

Yeah it just great that Joe went after the NY Post this morning and showed the full footage of their manufactured story.

But again where is the Biden campaign? 

You should watch Weekend Joe if you want to see egregious 😂

Joe is preaching to the choir. Viewers know the video was "cut" to leave out that Biden was actually walking over to one of the sky divers.  The full video was released, I'm going to hope they show it.  

I imagine when campaign gets wind of the latest proposal from Trump, getting rid of income tax and increasing tariffs 120%-130% percent, which will throw the economy into complete turmoil as we're coming out of high inflation, they'll be on it.

The debate is just a couple weeks away, I bet they're ready for it with all the nonsense, including the fact the tech CEOs were all "yeah we aren't betting on this horse again" after their meeting with Trump. 

Monday morning mini recap.

The show started with a clip of Trump asking Biden to take a cognitive test while mixing up the name of his doctor. His DR at the White House was Ronny Jackson, not Johnson.

Mika & Joe still have 2 cans of Milwaukee beer on the set.

Housekeeping didn't remove them over the weekend.

Mika was excited that the Biden campaign raised $30 M at a Hollywood Fundraiser with Clooney, Julia Roberts and Jimmy Kimmel. President Obama attended as well.

• Like 2

Biden could appoint 2 Supreme Court justices in the next term. Mika said Joe could be on the shortlist. Joe watched Matlock when he was in Law School.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Simone Sanders is taking over from Lemire.

Joe is wearing his navy blue election sweater . The AC is working in the studio.

Joe is opposed to Trump's policy of executing staff members.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Simone Sanders & Clyburn don't that 30% of Black voters will vote for Trump. The polls are wrong.

Mika was shocked that there were so many white people at the black church.

Joe was absent from the segment.

Joe came back to discuss golf with Richard Haas.

• Like 2

Mika mocks Trump for misstating his doctor's name (with another common "J" name) and then mispronounces Alyssa Farrah Griffin's name again. They talk about Trump being incoherent and then bring on incoherent Robinson.

• Like 3

The author of a book on Trump's Apprentice tv show. He called it smart reality tv.

The show helped him become President.

There was no mention by Mika & Joe that they appeared on the show. Joe said it helped the Trump brand.

Mika wanted the outtakes when Trump said the N word & may have made other slurs.

Trump couldn't remember the interviews with the author.

• Like 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was excited that the Biden campaign raised $30 M at a Hollywood Fundraiser with Clooney, Julia Roberts and Jimmy Kimmel. President Obama attended as well.

The visuals of these huge, star-studded fundraisers hosted by multi-millionaires maybe don't sit well with a large swath of voters.  As Bill Clinton once said, "it's the economy, stupid"- the rising economic numbers have not yet trickled down to the working classes. Joe should know this; and that it may account for the must-be-discussed-in-depth poll numbers.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

The visuals of these huge, star-studded fundraisers hosted by multi-millionaires maybe don't sit well with a large swath of voters.  As Bill Clinton once said, "it's the economy, stupid"- the rising economic numbers have not yet trickled down to the working classes. Joe should know this; and that it may account for the must-be-discussed-in-depth poll numbers.

It's too bad that MSNBC prevents Mika & Joe from attending the fundraisers. Joe could give a speech supporting Biden & sing a song about the election.

Joe was working on Trump The Musical during the 2016 campaign but it never got finished.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Did they show Trump at fundraisers with bank and oil industry CEOs where he openly solicited bribes like give me a $1 billion and I'll get you HUGE tax cuts?

Is that a better look?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
21 minutes ago, aghst said:

Did they show Trump at fundraisers with bank and oil industry CEOs where he openly solicited bribes like give me a $1 billion and I'll get you HUGE tax cuts?

Is that a better look?

ITA. Not only that Trump would literally kill to have A list celebrities out there for him 

• Like 3
(edited)

Wow. I am living blue in a red state. What I posted is what I see and hear everyday.  Biden does need these fundraisers; but the narrative and joy from MJ (and other outlets) doesn't translate to maybe why he is not polling higher.  Many voters just want to hear an honest narrative of why they aren't seeing their situation improving.  MJ has the same cronies on to translate poll numbers and the economic situation all the time. Not many new voices. The Twins do not tolerate any speaking negatively of the campaign or polls. 

The thing is, I can go to Trader Joe's, Whole  Foods, Kroger, Publix, etc to get groceries.  My neighbors struggle at the local Food Lion and WalMart. Things are improving just a bit - just not enough that it matches up with the economy in general. 

I agree that Trump is envious of the A-list celebrities that make up the Biden fundraisers.  But so far, he gets all the free publicity  - even bad publicity - that he needs from the 24/7 cable news shows. 

For me, I think a vacation from posting is needed - I should get a job on MJ.  Vacations are frequent.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 2

Do they ever talk on the show about the stock market reaching all-time highs?

Even Trump supporters    would see that their 401K and IRA accounts are much higher now under Biden than their were under Trump, who really cared about   how the   markets did,  the number of jobs created under his administration, etc.

The numbers aren't even close.  But yes, groceries cost more, restaurant menus are higher and so is rent and home values.

I suspect that most MJ viewers are in the middle and upper middle class demographics,     tend to be college-educated and are not big Trump supporters to begin with.

They're also older too so they remember Trump's   first term, whereas a lot of Gen  Z, under 30 or especially under 25 were just kids, probably not following politicis at all.

And now that they're voting age, they get political news and info. from TikTok and other social media, which is infested not only with conservative and far   right trolls but also Russian and Chinese troll farms.

That's happening all over the world BTW.  Before it used to be a bad thing that people stopped reading newspapers and got their info. from cable talk shows like MJ or more likely The Daily Show in the 2000s for the young voters.

Now, shows like MJ would be a huge step up because MJ is  tied to a news organization and they have on journalists who have to deal in facts.  It can't be some random TikTok personality posting memes     and unvetted claims.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

.  Biden does need these fundraisers; but the narrative and joy from MJ (and other outlets) doesn't translate to maybe why he is not polling higher.  Many voters just want to hear an honest narrative of why they aren't seeing their situation improving.  MJ has the same cronies on to translate poll numbers and the economic situation all the time. Not many new voices. The Twins do not tolerate any speaking negatively of the campaign or polls. 

I agree that Trump is envious of the A-list celebrities that make up the Biden fundraisers.  But so far, he gets all the free publicity  - even bad publicity - that he needs from the 24/7 cable news shows. 

Mika & Joe's decision to downplay Biden's poor polling numbers in swing states is risky.

They should invite guests or analysts to try and explain why Biden isn't doing better against Trump.

They would look foolish if Trump won the election.

• Like 1

Joe is outraged at the cheap fake photos and videos of Biden. The NY Post & WSJ should apologize to Biden.

The can of Milwaukee beer is being used to hold pens & a highlighter.

Dr Fauci will be a guest.

• Like 1

Joe discussed his time in Congress. He was friends with John Lewis, Harold Ford Jr. & other Progressive Democrats.

Joe passed a Long Term Care bill during impeachment.

• Thanks 1

Who was the Sarah Cooper wannabe in the 7 am hour talking to Lemire and the desk club about her Karen in a black subdivision book? 

Mika is solo today. Joe took the day off after celebrating June 19th with his family.

Mika is happy that Biden is leading Trump in a Fox Poll.

Putin went to North Korea to get weapons.

• Like 1

Mika discussed using dating services as an employee benefit. Mika wants IVF and egg freezing covered by plans.

Huma Abedin was also a KYV guest.

Mika said it's not always OK  to meet your spouse at work. Mika said it is important to conduct yourself professionally with workplace romance.

Uma met her first husband at work .

The Japanese government will introduce a dating app. They are trying to improve fertility.

Mika said it's important to get married.

Mika has a new show on Peacock called Morning Mika.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika discussed using dating services as an employee benefit. Mika wants IVF and egg freezing covered by plans.

Huma Abedin was also a KYV guest.

Mika said it's not always OK  to meet your spouse at work. Mika said it is important to conduct yourself professionally with workplace romance.

Uma met her first husband at work .

The Japanese government will introduce a dating app. They are trying to improve fertility.

Mika said it's important to get married.

Mika has a new show on Peacock called Morning Mika

That segment was crazy.  Mocking it just seems too easy.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

That segment was crazy.  Mocking it just seems too easy.

That segment annoyed the hell out of me.

Really. Women can't even get basic medical coverage covered by their employee benefits in some cases and we should worry on their ability to have dating apps?

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Remember when the MeToo stuff started and Mika was all up in arms about office relationships?  Pot, meet kettle. 

Lord I'm glad my Firestick TV/MSNBC app only allows an 8 minute preview and I didn't accidentally watch Mika Brzezinski presents The Dating Game. 

Biden people are at Camp David getting ready for the debate. Think Joe is there coaching the President?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tres bien said:

That segment annoyed the hell out of me.

Really. Women can't even get basic medical coverage covered by their employee benefits in some cases and we should worry on their ability to have dating apps?

Mika said she didn't need to use dating apps to meet her first two husbands but understands that the younger generation considers it to be a normal method to meet a potential mate.

11 minutes ago, SeanBug said:

Remember when the MeToo stuff started and Mika was all up in arms about office relationships?  Pot, meet kettle. 

Lord I'm glad my Firestick TV/MSNBC app only allows an 8 minute preview and I didn't accidentally watch Mika Brzezinski presents The Dating Game. 

Biden people are at Camp David getting ready for the debate. Think Joe is there coaching the President?

Joe has already offered President Biden debating lines to be used against Trump if he mentions Hunter Biden.

Joe offered to moderate a debate between Trump & Biden but demanded that he be allowed to give a 30 minute speech to viewers prior to the debate.

Joe also demanded the right to interrupt both participants when they were answering questions.

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika said she didn't need to use dating apps to meet her first two husbands....

That's especially true for her 2nd who is also current one.....🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

That's especially true for her 2nd who is also current one.....🤣

That is a rather odd choice of words, "first 2 husbands". 

Mika you are aware we know you had an affair which led to the break up of your first marriage.  Maybe don't keep bringing it up.

No one is taking dating/marriage advice from you.  Or career advice. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
22 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika said she didn't need to use dating apps to meet her first two husbands but understands that the younger generation considers it to be a normal

Was she humble bragging that she met a man, and then cheated on him and married a coworker... and that makes her somehow better than dating apps?  

wackadoo!  

That woman fascinates me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2024 at 2:25 PM, Lowcountry snark said:

Was she humble bragging that she met a man, and then cheated on him and married a coworker... and that makes her somehow better than dating apps?  

wackadoo!  

That woman fascinates me.

There is no else on cable tv news that would say the things Mika said. I remember when she bragged about getting her ex-husband to sign a NDA. Joe also convinced his ex-wife to sign an NDA acknowledging that he was a faithful and loving husband.

Joe was outraged at Trump's speeches on the weekend about poor water pressure, setting up a migrant fight league & renaming a military base for Reverend Al Sharpton. Rev Al said he didn't serve in the military so he can't have a base named after him.

• Like 2

Mika interviewed Hadley Duvall who became pregnant after being raped by her stepfather when she was 12 years old. She was afraid to tell her mom but eventually did. She was able to get an abortion.

VP Kamala Harris was also interviewed. Kamala's friend in High School was also molested by her stepfather. She moved in with Kamala's family.

Kamala

• Like 2

WAPO's Ashley Parker yet another reporter to interview the annoying double haters. It's always the same with these people. Her group happened to be in Wisconsin. They hate Trump as a person but liked his policies.

They have nothing to add and no reporter ever asks them to name one policy of Trump's they liked.

But Joe did a good job this morning rattling off Trump's policies. I'd honestly like to seem him interviewing a group of the double haters. 

• Like 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, tres bien said:

WAPO's Ashley Parker yet another reporter to interview the annoying double haters. It's always the same with these people.

That segment was wild.  

Edited by Lowcountry snark
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

That segment was wild.  

I have no respect for Ashley Parker.   Her "double-haters" article for the Washington Post was a thinly disguised piece of clickbait intended to once again create a false equivalency between the two candidates, i.e., to the extent of showcasing some woman who likened the upcoming election as "a choice between Stalin and Hitler."    This slanted journalism is no surprise now that the Washington Post's CEO and Editor in Chief positions were recently handed over to former career Rupert Murdoch employees William Lewis and Matt Murray, respectively.   I canceled my subscription a few weeks ago when the Post's new direction became too obvious to ignore.

Check out the comments section of Parker's "double-haters" piece.   She was ripped to shreds.

Edited by millennium
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I get the feeling every media outlet was trying this "two old guys nobody likes" bullshit, even Jon Stewart got into the act. Until people started pointing out they're just enabling Trump by saying shit like this. 

Take the fact that Biden's 81 out of the equation, if that's what bothering a voter. Then explain how, with everything he has done in 3 1/2 years, he and Trump are alike, or it's the lesser of two evils, or whatever the fuck these asshats are saying. 

Ever since Marty Baron retired and  left WaPo, the reporting has gone downhill terribly.   I've never understood the appeal of some of these reporters like Ashley Parker, it's like, if you want to write hit pieces, and get clicks, get a job at People magazine and tell us WTF is going on with JLo and Ben.  This is too important a time in our democracy for reporters to be fucking around with shit like this. And any decent editor would have killed that article and threatened to take her off national politics. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4

The Washington Post declined after they didn't renew Joe's contract as a columnist. Mika used to read the articles on air with her serious journalism voice.

• Like 2

I hated when Mika would read the column on-air.  She with her serious voice and Proud as a Peacock posture/body language.   Well, maybe she is pushing the NBC/MSNBC logo. 

• Like 2

Please Mika don't tell me what older people don't like. I'm an older person and this was a horrible, depressing display of why I want the torch to be passed.

We're screwed 

• Like 4

Friday Recap.

Mika admitted that Biden struggled during the debate.

Joe said he loves Joe Biden & said that Biden was a very effective President. Joe said the US military is the strongest since 1945. Joe is scared of a second Trump term. Joe said if Biden was a CEO, he would not be kept as CEO.

Joe hopes there is a Barry Goldwater that can tell Biden to step down. Joe said failure is not an option.

Joe said he will debate anyone over Joe Biden's policies. Joe said Biden can still govern but can't run for President.

Joe assured viewers for months that Biden was the sharpest he has ever been in his meetings with him, but that Biden didn't show up on the debate stage. Biden didn't take his advice to criticize Trump for not passing the bi-partisan immigration bill.

Mika won't give up on Joe Biden.

Biden didn't rise for the occasion.

• Sad 2

Willie said Democrats on the ballot are worried about losing.

Willie is worried that people who don't watch cable news won't believe that Biden can beat Trump.

Joe bragged that he helped remove Newt Gingrich as Speaker. It wasn't personal for Joe.

Joe his affection for Biden shouldn't stop Democrats from removing Biden from the ticket

Everybody's phone was exploding.

• Like 1

Joe told Mika not to raise her voice . Mika said she wouldn't spin.

Mika could start cry reading.

Mika wants to slow down the talk of getting rid of Biden.

Joe said he always shows balance.

• Like 2