Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe is mad at Trump supporters getting their news from Chinese Cults.

Willie said Rush Limbaugh & Fox News started getting supporters from right-wing voters.

Joe said Morning Joe is the top-rated show in morning news.

Joe said he complained about crime in liberal cities & Biden screwing up Afghanistan.

Joe said he is not preaching to the choir.

• Like 1

I have to wonder sometimes how the panel and Willie sit there and listen to Joe's bullshit day in and day out, and don't stand up, announce they are done with this cluster fuck of a show, and walk out. 

And if Mika's pre nup included a clause where she can't contradict Joe's lies on air. 

You can tell Joe's lying when a) his mouth is moving, and b) he stutters and stammers telling a story, as he's trying to come up with something he thinks someone will believe. 

There is absolutely nothing of value to this show, as if there ever was. 

And what was Joe's rant about Larry Bird being the meanest SOB, or whatever. He's never said word one about Bird til now. He only knows what that writer said about the NBA from 30 years ago.  Trash talking isn't mean, it's hilarious.  

What's he going to claim now, he used to play HORSE with Larry in his driveway? Taught him how to shoot three pointers? 

STFU Joe. 

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Today's top story is that Mika & Joe started watching "The Bear". Joe watched it to prepare for an interview with Jamie Lee Curtis. Joe's son, Jack watched the entire second season. Mika is wearing the shirt she uses for apple picking in Maine.

IIRC, Jamie Lee Curtis was in two episodes of The Bear. She has an entire body of work before The Bear. She also won an Oscar this year.  Did they sit thru the whole first season and half the second to get to the Christmas episode? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SeanBug said:

I have to wonder sometimes how the panel and Willie sit there and listen to Joe's bullshit day in and day out, and don't stand up, announce they are done with this cluster fuck of a show, and walk out. 

The checks don't bounce 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

And what was Joe's rant about Larry Bird being the meanest SOB, or whatever. He's never said word one about Bird til now. He only knows what that writer said about the NBA from 30 years ago.  Trash talking isn't mean, it's hilarious.  

What's he going to claim now, he used to play HORSE with Larry in his driveway? Taught him how to shoot three pointers? 

STFU Joe. 

Joe used to brag about voluntarily attending desegregated schools in Atlanta when he was young. Joe was tall for his age & he taught African African-American classmates how to play basketball.  His classmates were grateful for Joe's innovative ways of shooting hoops. They called him the White Shadow.  There was a tv show starring Ken Howard loosely based on Joe's experience in the Atlanta suburbs.

IIRC, Jamie Lee Curtis was in two episodes of The Bear. She has an entire body of work before The Bear. She also won an Oscar this year.  Did they sit thru the whole first season and half the second to get to the Christmas episode? 

Jamie flirted with Joe during the interview & offered to talk with Mika. Jamie should be careful because it is difficult for women to resist Joe's seductive mannerisms.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe used to brag about voluntarily attending desegregated schools in Atlanta when he was young. Joe was tall for his age & he taught African African-American classmates how to play basketball.  His classmates were grateful for Joe's innovative ways of shooting hoops. They called him the White Shadow.  There was a tv show starring Ken Howard loosely based on Joe's experience in the Atlanta suburbs.

HA! Teach basketball?

Joe couldn't hit the side of a barn with a 2 x 4. 

Oakville, you're referring to White Shadow? I think Joe's show was called White Dumbass. 

Hopefully Jamie was going to talk to Mika about actually knowing her value, rather than knowing it when your lover dumps a bunch of money in your bank account and shows you the new balance. 

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Has Mika always blurted out words while other’s speak?

That is one of her trademarks.

Caught about six seconds of Joe absolutely neck-vein ranting about Tuberville not being able to do what Marines or Seals do.  It was ridiculous.  That was a the longest six seconds ever until I found the remote.

• Like 4

Jonathan Martin was a guest. He interviewed Nancy Pelosi. She might run for Congress again to protect San Francisco's interests. They need help to deal with high crime & empty stores. Nancy wants Senator Feinstein to stay in office until her mandate ends. She wants Adam Schiff to be the next Senator. Gov Newsom said he would appoint a black woman to replace Feinstein if she resigns before her term ends. Pelosi is a friend of the show so there was no discussion about the ramifications of California having a Senator who is in poor health staying in office.

Joe said Feinstein's daughter has a Power of Attorney over her. I am not sure if

the POA allows Feinsten's daughter to vote for her on her behalf. It is a serious situation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Jonathan Martin was a guest. He interviewed Nancy Pelosi. She might run for Congress again to protect San Francisco's interests. They need help to deal with high crime & empty stores. Nancy wants Senator Feinstein to stay in office until her mandate ends. She wants Adam Schiff to be the next Senator. Gov Newsom said he would appoint a black woman to replace Feinstein if she resigns before her term ends. Pelosi is a friend of the show so there was no discussion about the ramifications of California having a Senator who is in poor health staying in office.

Joe said Feinstein's daughter has a Power of Attorney over her. I am not sure if

the POA allows Feinsten's daughter to vote for her on her behalf. It is a serious situation.

Are you sure about the POA? The Democrats fear Diane Feinstein even resigning her judiciary committee seat because McConnell has made it clear they will not consent to the Dems replacing her

• Like 1

Joe is ranting about Senator Tommy as a sign of rot in Conservatism.

Joe mocked Tommy for being a football coach who thinks he can be an effective Senator.

I remember when Mika & Joe filmed a week of shows at the Alabama football stadium. Joe wouldn't stop praising whoever the coach was at that time.

Joe used to brag about how successful Alabama was at football.

1 minute ago, tres bien said:

Are you sure about the POA? The Democrats fear Diane Feinstein even resigning her judiciary committee seat because McConnell has made it clear they will not consent to the Dems replacing her

I don't think a POA would allow her daughter to vote in the Senate. I was confused by Joe's statement. You are right about her not being replaced in the judiciary committee if she resigns.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

That is one of her trademarks.

Caught about six seconds of Joe absolutely neck-vein ranting about Tuberville not being able to do what Marines or Seals do.  It was ridiculous.  That was a the longest six seconds ever until I found the remote.

Same. Yelling about the same thing over and over, like Tuberville is going to change his mind and allow the appointments and raises because Joe yelled at him thru the tv. 

I changed the channel and watched Abbott Elementary on Max. It's like going from listening to nails on a chalkboard  to a delightful calming happiness. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Same. Yelling about the same thing over and over, like Tuberville is going to change his mind and allow the appointments and raises because Joe yelled at him thru the tv. 

I changed the channel and watched Abbott Elementary on Max. It's like going from listening to nails on a chalkboard  to a delightful calming happiness. 

Why doesn't Senator Tuberville realize that Joe is the most popular MSNBC cable host TV show host who graduated from the University of Alabama law school? There are many statues of Joe throughout the state that recognize Joe's 3 terms in Congress & his rise to stardom in cable news. Joe's show regularly gets almost 1 million viewers. Joe's albums have been available for download on Apple & Spotify.

• LOL 2
12 minutes ago, Kemper said:

He will probably rant about this tomorrow. Unless he has the day off.

Joe gets very mad when the polls don't support his scripted rant. The show should get a pollster to validate Joe's opinions.

• Like 1

The show started with a tennis talk. Goff won the tournament. Joe said she was a good tennis player and showed grace.

Joe & Mika mocked Trump for saying he passed a mental acuity test.

Joe is mad at people in the media that were worried about President Biden sounding tired at the press conference that had to be stopped by KJP.

The show was careful not to show the clip. Sharpton said Trump says stupid things on a daily basis.

Joe is mad at Republicans that watch Fox news & Newsmax.

• Like 1

The show started with a tennis talk. Goff won the tournament. Joe said she was a good tennis player and showed grace.

Joe & Mika mocked Trump for saying he passed a mental acuity test.

Joe is mad at people in the media that were worried about President Biden sounding tired at the press conference that had to be stopped by KJP.

The show was careful not to show the clip. Sharpton said Trump says stupid things on a daily basis.

Joe is mad at Republicans that watch Fox news & Newsmax.

Joe said the USA has a 25 trillion GDP. It's higher than China's 17 trillion . Katty Kay said the USA will avoid a recession.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Am I losing my mind? Where is the navigation to the other sub areas for Morning Joe?

Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 9.59.47 AM.png

All the threads are still where they're supposed to be on my end. Are you still seeing what's showing in that screenshot?

• Like 2

There was a writer for The Atlantic (Lawrence Wright) on this morning and he was excellent. He discussed how far away we are from the unity - as a country - we achieved after 9/11. Same as what has happened to the empathy we received from other nations. Mika did a good job leading the interview. Thankfully Joe was on a break.

• Like 2

Chris Christie this morning. Geez Louise, he just never shut up; talked maniacally. Probably to prevent Joe from interrupting. But Mika was feeling her oats and value. She called him out when he said NJ permitted 9-month abortions. She questioned what doctors were performing them..the who, what and where. He backpedaled by saying it is legal in NJ. She pushed back on “who and what reason”. She said that he made this point last time he was on show but “she let it go” but not today. Joe was quiet during this exchange. Christie is as exhausting as Joe. Maybe more so.

• Like 6

Mika & Katty Kay were wearing the same dress today. Katty said Mika has better lighting .

Joe is mad at Republicans for trying to shutdown the government & trying to impeach Biden.

Joe said abortion will be a key issue next year.

Joe said the January 6th rioters killed cops. Joe is mad at Trump for stealing nuclear secrets & plans to invade Iran.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Chris Christie this morning. Geez Louise, he just never shut up; talked maniacally. Probably to prevent Joe from interrupting. But Mika was feeling her oats and value. She called him out when he said NJ permitted 9-month abortions. She questioned what doctors were performing them..the who, what and where. He backpedaled by saying it is legal in NJ. She pushed back on “who and what reason”. She said that he made this point last time he was on show but “she let it go” but not today. Joe was quiet during this exchange. Christie is as exhausting as Joe. Maybe more so.

Show us the proof, Chris.  A "9 month abortion" is a baby who died during childbirth or was already dead. JFC .  In other words, it is not a thing. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I found Mika's personal 9/11 recollections very interesting.  Apparently she was there, in the streets, diving under cars as the 2nd tower fell.   She said she spent five weeks reporting from the pit, even slept down there during that period.

I can't help but think of the lawyer commercials I see all day on MSNBC, for people who lived or worked downtown after 9/11, who have developed or already died of cancer from having breathed the toxic dust.

She must think about it in the dark hours of the night.

• Like 3

David Ignatius today..Oakville what did you used to say about him and a comb? 😁 His column re Biden’s age was relevant to most everyone except Mika. She kind of undid the professionalism she has displayed re interviews this past couple of days. Everyone knows she is very fond of Biden, but she was shrill in her criticism of Ignatius and the column. I half expected her to cry. Bet he will have to serve penance before he is on the show again.

• Like 1

I hate political opinion writers like Ignatius. What's his point other than stirring the pot and giving Democrats apoplexy.

And his take down of the VP was something to behold. Don't keep things positive regarding her just tell us that in general the public dislikes her.

If you had so much concern why not say something six months ago. It's a bit late to change horses at this stage in the race. And he knows exactly who he wants to step in. He just doesn't want to say it in television.

As usual we're lucky to have Claire to tamp down his manufactured Democrats you're screwed

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, Kemper said:

David Ignatius today..Oakville what did you used to say about him and a comb? 😁 His column re Biden’s age was relevant to most everyone except Mika. She kind of undid the professionalism she has displayed re interviews this past couple of days. Everyone knows she is very fond of Biden, but she was shrill in her criticism of Ignatius and the column. I half expected her to cry. Bet he will have to serve penance before he is on the show again.

Mika was 100% right. If anything, she was too gentle with him. Especially when it comes to Harris. The vice presidency has historically been a low profile rule. Their job is to support the president and stay out of the way, and she has done that. Ignatius’s comments about her were vague. He can’t point to anything she has or has not done that warrants his criticism and Mika was right to call him out on that. I believe his attitude is steeped in racism and sexism. And it is very obvious.

I still remember him on the panel waxing poetic in 2016 about how Trump was going to develop a “governing philosophy” that was going to carry him through his presidency.  Ignatius looked and sounded like a fool then and he looks and sounds like a fool today.

The Ignatius column adds nothing to the conversation. His contention that “no one” is talking about Biden’s age is absurd; it’s the ONLY thing the pundits talk about. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
2 hours ago, millennium said:

It feels like the amount of sports content is increasing from week to week.   There's no more effective way to make me turn off the show. 

Joe is very knowledgeable about sports. He used to attend Boston Red Sox games courtesy of Barnicle. Joe's recommendations were followed by the team and they won several World Series.

57 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I was shocked he was allowed to be on the show, given his opinion of Biden. He always looks like he doesn't comb his hair before being on tv.

Joe is yelling about crime today & those people that supporting defunding the police.

• Love 1

I didn't think Ignatius could be a bigger asshole, but I guess he proved us all wrong. 

I would love to be a fly on the wall at WH Communications this morning. Joe is probably laughing about it, "same shit, different day".  And who gives two fucks what David Ignatius thinks, anyway. I guarantee majority of the country outside the Beltway has no idea who he is, nor do they care.  

Ageism, sexism, and ten pounds of bullshit shoved in a five pound bag. David you have outdone yourself.  

I cannot believe Mika even agreed to read that shit. 

We all know what they say, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. And some stink more than others. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
58 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Mika was 100% right. If anything, she was too gentle with him. Especially when it comes to Harris. The vice presidency has historically been a low profile rule. Their job is to support the president and stay out of the way, and she has done that. Ignatius’s comments about her were vague. He can’t point to anything she has or has not done that warrants his criticism and Mika was right to call him out on that. I believe his attitude is steeped in racism and sexism. And it is very obvious.

I still remember him on the panel waxing poetic in 2016 about how Trump was going to develop a “governing philosophy” that was going to carry him through his presidency.  Ignatius looked and sounded like a fool then and he looks and sounds like a fool today.

The Ignatius column adds nothing to the conversation. His contention that “no one” is talking about Biden’s age is absurd; it’s the ONLY thing the pundits talk about. 

100% agree.  

• Like 2

Joe is furious at McCarthy for having an impeachment inquiry. Joe said Republicans are doomed because they will lose votes in the suburbs of Atlanta & Philadelphia.

Joe said if he were Speaker he would not give in to the caucus.

Mika & Joe are no longer BFF with Jared & Ivanka. She got trademarks in China & Jared got billions to invest.

I remember when Joe  & Mika used to brag about being close too them. Every day, we had to listen to Joe's insider tips from Jared.

Meacham is a lot paler in the studio than when he is in his library.

• Like 2

David I has never been a favorite of mine. But I don’t expect him to hold back or not not discuss his opinion pieces on 24/7 tv outlets when asked on. He didn’t write anything that is not being constantly discussed in all the media outlets including print.  No matter the sources. Meeka pushed back on Christie due to his deliberate falsehoods/politicking during the interview. She has a right to push back on any analyst or reporter; she doesn’t do it nearly enough. Today she let her personal feelings leak through in her tone and anger. Why even have the guy on if you can’t calmly discuss what the issue is. Again….I think the column was his opinion based on what he sees may be a real problem in the upcoming election. Whether or not I agree. Joe was oddly quiet. For him.

• Like 3

DId Mika even ask Ignatius what brought him to this opinion? 

All I heard was Joe is old and Kamala isn't very well liked.  And yet they somehow unseated an incumbent President.  By a lot of votes. 

And the former President is now under indictment times four.  He couldn't get re elected last time, you think with criminal charges hanging over him it'll work this time?  FFS, the only reason he's running again is to try to stay out of jail. 

Weren't you listening when Joe said his Torts professor told him that 30 years ago? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

He didn’t write anything that is not being constantly discussed in all the media outlets including print.  No matter the sources. Meeka pushed back on Christie due to his deliberate falsehoods/politicking during the interview. She has a right to push back on any analyst or reporter; she doesn’t do it nearly enough. Today she let her personal feelings leak through in her tone and anger. Why even have the guy on if you can’t calmly discuss what the issue is. Again….I think the column was his opinion based on what he sees may be a real problem in the upcoming election. Whether or not I agree. Joe was oddly quiet. For him.

Ignatius kept saying “no one is talking about it.” And that is just outright false. *Everyone* is talking about it; it is the only thing they talk about wrt Biden, and very few people bring up the obvious fact that his likely Republican challenger is pretty much the same age. So he was doubly annoying today because he was pretending like he was making this earth-shatteringly shocking revelation when he was really just regurgitating tired, worn out tropes.

And anyway, the point of his editorial was not Biden’s age. The subtext in the piece was his disdain for Harris. And, once again, he could not point to any specific reason to criticize her. Although we all know what he was really talking about. Mika and Claire were both right to call him on it.

2 hours ago, SeanBug said:

DId Mika even ask Ignatius what brought him to this opinion? 

She did, and he could not answer. He just kept blabbering his own pompous, disingenuous nonsense.

Edited by Eliot
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

This week I have to say I can offer zero criticism of Mika. 

I'll even give Joe a pass today by lowering the bar and comparing him to his counterpart on The Beat (granted I do not see the point in interviewing Gaetz unless you're going to spend 3 minutes firing a marshmallow shooter at him but I really don't know what the hell I just watched - at least Joe's indignation gives us something).

• Like 1

Someone just posted this in the comments section below the Ignatius column in the WaPo:

Talk about calling the kettle black!!!…. I watch you on morning Joe with you hair all disheveled like an unkempt scientist.

Maybe you should not be allowed on the show since you also seem a bit long in the tooth yourself.

16,000+ comments so far.

• Like 3
  • Love 1