Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe said Clinton was popular with Republicans and made deals with him. Joe said that Clinton played golf with him even after Joe voted to impeach him. Joe as very popular back then

• LOL 2

I saw the beginning of the 8:00 hour; which is a rerun of the 6:00 hour.  I usually don't enjoy Joe's making "funnies" ... but comparing Trump to Fat Elvis was a great analogy and made me laugh.  Joe doesn't make me laugh (at least when he is TRYING to make a joke) very often. So points to him.  And then.

Meeka tried to insert herself into the Funny; I guess she sensed it was spot on and wanted everyone to know she "got it" and to acknowledge that she knows who Elvis was.

I always enjoy Heileman; he adds that wry, smart, humor that Joe is incapable of.  He (Heileman) is at his best, I think, when he is on with Nicole Wallace...more relaxed, even looser. And he can ask great questions.

• Love 4

Joe said Reagan was popular in 1984 & won 49 states. Joe agreed with Reagan.

Senator Claire said that Mayor Pete is a forward looking candidate. He is next to Biden who represents the past.

Heilmann said there ar too many people on the debate stage. They don't have much time to talk.

Joe said Amy & Beto will do well at the debate. Joe said Tim Ryan is a dark horse candidate.

Barnicle likes Joe Biden.

Barnicle said Kamala Harris will have a good debate.

Joe wrote an op ed about Michael Bennet which was very popular.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I saw the beginning of the 8:00 hour; which is a rerun of the 6:00 hour.  I usually don't enjoy Joe's making "funnies" ... but comparing Trump to Fat Elvis was a great analogy and made me laugh.  Joe doesn't make me laugh (at least when he is TRYING to make a joke) very often. So points to him.  And then.

Joe cracks himself up (and Mika Mouse-a thinks he's a hoot (queue Mika slapping Joe on the shoulder and turning away while she makes a 'piff' facial expression!).

Was the Black guy the same one who held up the sign 'Blacks For trump'?

Edited by little hermit
because that's what I do (edit)
  • Love 2

Joe & Claire said that Biden has to pivot & and focus on his 6 points. Abortion could trip him up. Joe said he should stop apologizing for the crime bill.

Joe said that crime was bad in 1992. Joe said he helped the crime bill get passed.

• Love 1

Joe went wild over Mueller not testifying in Congress. Joe is out of control. He is turning red and throwing pens all over the table. Shouty Joe is back.

Joe said not everyone will read the Mueller report

• LOL 1
51 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Trump was popular with rappers & hip hop artists

Is he talking about Kanye West?   

Why are they still in NYC?  Is he working on HamilTrump: The Musical?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Joe said that Trump was popular with rappers & hip hop artists

Does he think Diamond & Silk are female hip hop artists? 

"Mika I'm telling you they're the other two that used to be with Beyonce!!" 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Does he think Diamond & Silk are female hip hop artists? 

"Mika I'm telling you they're the other two that used to be with Beyonce!!" 

Joe mentioned that his band is working on a Salute to Hip Hop Artists this summer. 

Joe's band will be performing several popular songs by Jay Z, Snoop Dog & Kanye West  @ Prohibition bar this summer.

Joe might also be working on a reggae album next year.

• LOL 1

I really hate to admit this, but I actually agreed with Joe about Mueller's refusal to go to Capitol Hill and answer questions. Of course, if he is subpoenaed, that still doesn't guarantee he will just read from the report and not answer any questions.  "He is the evil that we know", Charlie Sykes just answered my question on why trump still has supporters. Why is Marriane Williamson participating  in the debate???? I have never seen her being interviewed, or have any idea how she got on that stage? 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe served 6 years in Congress. During that time , he tells viewers that he supported welfare reform & convinced Bill Clinton to balance the budget. Joe led the impeachment trial of Bill Clinton & led the revolt against Newt Gingrich.

Either somebody forgot to invite him to be one of the House impeachment managers, or his invitation got lost in the mail.  

Seriously, Joe was the sponsor of 63 bills (so, about 10 per year), of which a whopping two became law.  Definitely the lion of the House.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

1 hour ago, PennyPie18 said:

9 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

I really hate to admit this, but I actually agreed with Joe about Mueller's refusal to go to Capitol Hill and answer questions. Of course, if he is subpoenaed, that still doesn't guarantee he will just read from the report and not answer any questions.  "He is the evil that we know", Charlie Sykes just answered my question on why trump still has supporters. Why is Marriane Williamson participating  in the debate???? I have never seen her being interviewed, or have any idea how she got on that stage? 

I agree Mueller should testify but Joe was getting his panties in a wad!

Marriane Williamson was on a CNN town hall but I didn't watch her. I don't know what qualifies an author of inspirational books as a candidate for president. I would like to have seen Seth Mouton and Steve Bullock get a slot before several of the ones that did.

Edited by little hermit
  • Love 1
(edited)

Joe must be very upset that he & Mika were not given a chance to moderate the NBC debates.

He was very cranky with Senator Claire today about the debate optics.

It's imperative that Joe Biden follow Joe suggestion that he deflect every question asked .

Joe has his pulse on the nation with friends, relatives & confidants in all 50 states & the US territories of Guam, Puerto Rico & Western Samoa.

Joe knows what voters care about & will ask the tough questions necessary of the candidates.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

but I actually agreed with Joe about Mueller's refusal to go to Capitol Hill and answer questions

Did Mueller actually say "I won't testify in a hearing", or "I won't speak publicly about this again", because those could be two different things.   To bring it to a smaller scale, detectives write a report on a crime and hand it to the prosecutor, but they also still testify in court. The jury isn't handed the police report and told to read that and decide. 

Mueller owes it to Americans to talk about it. Look at the difference it made between a written report or hearing him say "If we thought he had done nothing, we would have said that". (paraphrasing) . That got people's attention. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Did Mueller actually say "I won't testify in a hearing", or "I won't speak publicly about this again", because those could be two different things.   To bring it to a smaller scale, detectives write a report on a crime and hand it to the prosecutor, but they also still testify in court. The jury isn't handed the police report and told to read that and decide. 

Mueller owes it to Americans to talk about it. Look at the difference it made between a written report or hearing him say "If we thought he had done nothing, we would have said that". (paraphrasing) . That got people's attention. 

Yes, exactly. I just wonder why he is so reluctant to speak with Congress? 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe mentioned that his band is working on a Salute to Hip Hop Artists

He's also working up a salute to Swedish Death Metal followed by his band putting out an Einstürzende Neubauten cover album.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Yes, exactly. I just wonder why he is so reluctant to speak with Congress? 

I think Mika & Joe should have an exclusive interview with Mueller. Joe spent a lot of $$ getting a hand crafted frame for a picture of Mueller that he put it in his kitchen.

Joe could advise Mueller about where he went wrong in his investigation & offer advice on how to testify to Congress after the interview.

• LOL 5

Did Mueller actually say "I won't testify in a hearing", or "I won't speak publicly about this again", because those could be two different things.

I think he said he won't speak publicly about this again.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

I just wonder why he is so reluctant to speak with Congress? 

I think he knows if he publicly testifies that the GOP and their media attack dogs will hound him for the rest of his life.  (I think that's why Comey released that statement about Hillary but didn't mention the investigation into Trump. He figured Clinton would win anyway, but he'd have to put up with years of biased Congressional hearings.) Fundamentally it's cowardice.

• Love 1

I just saw the clip of Joe melting down at Jim Hines over Mueller testifying.  I agree with what he was saying...but geez, he was raging.  Raging.  I thought surely his head was going to explode.  Was it all political theater?  The hysteria has gotten tons of plays on other channels; how much of it was heartfelt?  And how much was for attention; does anyone know he has a book coming out? 

• Love 3
(edited)

Nevermind the F-up above I'll learn someday.

Joe's talking about FDR sitting around with Elinor, eating crumpets, talking with self-righteous indignation; and you JOE? 

He is beginning a segment regarding the Biden issue of yesterday by schooling the others at the table and us...and the debate begins. 

Joe to Joe B: "Joe, stick to script". I hope Joe B got up to watch and is listening.

Is it just me or do Joe's eyes look really puffy today?

Edited by little hermit
because that's what I do (edit)
  • Love 1

Joe said that Warren's campaign remind him of Bobby Kennedy's. Joe reminded the panel about Kennedy uniting the white & black working classes.

Joe is happy that Biden is still ahead in the polls.

Biden discussed working with segregationists.

Booker is mad at Biden for working with segregationists.

Biden is mad at Booker and wants him to apologize. Biden was a civil rights leader.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe defended Biden!. He said Biden did not coddle the segregationist. Joe said the point is that Biden can work with people that he disagrees with.

Joe is talking about FDR. FDR passed many laws to help everyone.

Joe said LBJ worked with segregationist to pass the voting rights.

Joe is a Southern Baptist & people were upset with Communists.

• Love 1

Joe said that Biden pushed Obama to recognize marriage equality for LGBT.

Elise Jordan complained about Biden doing too many private fundraising events.

Joe said he became very good friends with Maxime Waters even though she called Republicans racists.

Joe ordered Biden to stick to the script.

• Love 1

Joe is mad at Trump's tax cuts. The deficit is too high.

Joe is mad at Trump giving a medal to Arthur Laffer.

Joe is mad at Trump for reducing tax deductions for people that operate a home based tv studio.

Joe is mad at Iran for shooting down a US drone.

• Love 3

Biden is mad at Booker and wants him to apologize. Biden was a civil rights leader.

Maybe Joe S could explain to Joe B not to name drop two of the biggest racists in Congress when he talks about "working with people you disagree with".  Or maybe list the bills that passed because of this relationship, which benefited all Americans, if that is the case. 

Joe S likes Joe B because Joe B said "I'm liberal when it comes to civil rights, but I'm pretty conservative on everything else."  As we are all finding out. 

I feel like I'm a kindergarten teacher and there are two many kids with the same first name in my class. 

Could Joe B stop saying he has a picture of Robert Mueller in his house.  He's starting to sound like a stalker and maybe the FBI should stop by.  "I love him but he's making me SO ANGRY".

"I WON'T BE IGNORED, BOB!!!!" 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Maybe Joe S could explain to Joe B not to name drop two of the biggest racists in Congress when he talks about "working with people you disagree with".  Or maybe list the bills that passed because of this relationship, which benefited all Americans, if that is the case. 

Joe S likes Joe B because Joe B said "I'm liberal when it comes to civil rights, but I'm pretty conservative on everything else."  As we are all finding out. 

I feel like I'm a kindergarten teacher and there are two many kids with the same first name in my class. 

Could Joe B stop saying he has a picture of Robert Mueller in his house.  He's starting to sound like a stalker and maybe the FBI should stop by.  "I love him but he's making me SO ANGRY".

"I WON'T BE IGNORED, BOB!!!!" 

Joe Scarborough is one of America's top  strategists for all political parties.

If Joe tells a candidate to do something like stick to the script , he better do it or face Joe's wrath!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Oh dear,dear, dear! For the second day in a row, I have agreed with Joe! Am I turning into a Meeka-Mouse wannabee?? Seriously, I do think the whole Biden/Segregationist controversy is much a do about nothing. Biden was only trying to make the point that he worked with people who had very different views.....but they got things done. Maybe a better choice of words could have been used, but I think his point was not offensive. 

• Love 7

Joe is mad at Trump's tax cuts. The deficit is too high.

Joe is mad at Trump giving a medal to Arthur Laffer.

Joe is mad at Trump for reducing tax deductions for people that operate a home based tv studio.

Joe is mad at Iran for shooting down a US drone.

It looks like being awarded a Medal of Honor is a big fat nothing now.

• Love 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, stormy said:

Agree or disagree with reparations, hearing Mitch McConnell say we paid them, we elected a black president!

When President Franklin D. Roosevelt passed Social Security back in the 1930s, he needed the support of Southern Democrats for this to get through Congress, Herbert said.

“They would not support it unless it excluded both farm workers and domestic workers,” he said. And many black people happened to hold those jobs.

Joe would do well to educate himself on topics before running his mouth.  How would he & Mika feel if realtors told them "sorry, you can't live in that fancy neighborhood, you're the wrong color". 

It's not a lynching, but it's still racism, Joe. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, stormy said:

It looks like being awarded a Medal of Honor is a big fat nothing now.

I find it shocking that no President has awarded Joe a medal for his service to the country .

• LOL 3
(edited)

I think Joe S, in his advisory capacity to Joe B, would be well served to understand that when a more "liberal" member of Congress lauds their relationship with segregationists, etc. the bills that end up getting passed may do so to the detriment of minorities and women.   He should remind his candidate they should be a little more careful about how they discuss relationships that might cause minorities and women to feel uneasy about them.   Talk about it in more generic terms, point out the benefits, and how you worked to make it even better. 

In primary season, the candidates have to distinguish themselves from each other, and Joe B isn't going to be allowed to coast to the nomination without some push back.  Which is only fair.  No matter how Joe S feels about someone picking on his guy.  Perhaps he has forgotten  jumping down President Obama's throat for hosting Rev Wright in his home. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, millennium said:

Take Amy Klobuchar who was on the show the other morning.  At this point it seems pretty clear she doesn't have a prayer to become President.  She could help out in a better capacity in the Senate, but nope, she's proceeding with her Presidential boondoggle.  Gillibrand, O'Rourke, Booker, Harris, etc., also delusional.  

They only need to hold and take four more and they'd have the Senate.  There are four people running right now that might be able to take Senate seats.  Bullock, Hickenlooper are two of them. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, millennium said:

Take Amy Klobuchar who was on the show the other morning.  At this point it seems pretty clear she doesn't have a prayer to become President.  She could help out in a better capacity in the Senate, but nope, she's proceeding with her Presidential boondoggle.

In fairness to Sen Klobuchar (whom I happen to support, but I agree hasn't much of a chance), her seat's not up for reelection next year so she's not risking it by running for Prez.  And honestly, the Democrats in the Senate pretty much have nothing to do these days.  McConnell railroads through what he wants to pass without their help, and bottlenecks everything else.  The minority party is little more than a placeholder under current Senate rules, with the small exception of the very few times a supermajority is required.

6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Bullock, Hickenlooper are two of them. 

Those are a different stripe.  Bullock is term limited out of running again as governor, and Hickenlooper is already out of office, each in a state with a chance to unseat a Republican Senate incumbent.  

I think Joe S, in his advisory capacity to Joe B, would be well served to understand that when a more "liberal" member of Congress lauds their relationship with segregationists, etc. the bills that end up getting passed may do so at the detriment of minorities and women. 

Joe S. needs to get his ego in check.  He may be a lapsed Republican, but he isn't a Democrat.  He and all the never-Trumpers are really quick to tell the Democrats what to do, but haven't a clue how to repair the party they've fled.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, millennium said:

I agree with Scarborough in this instance.   I don't like Corey Booker and how quick he was to attack Biden.  Isn't this the guy who was gonna spread love?  He has a whole lifetime ahead to run for office but he's intent on turning this primary into what Obama called "a circular firing squad."   Plus he's ruined Rosario Dawson for me.

The Democrats are going to fuck this up.   We all know they are.

Corey Booker used to be a regular guest on Morning Joe when he was mayor of Newark.

He hasn't been on much since he was elected Senator.

I wonder why?

Joe rarely talks about him.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, millennium said:

Much of it seems ego-driven rather than from a genuine desire to help the country.  Take Amy Klobuchar who was on the show the other morning.  At this point it seems pretty clear she doesn't have a prayer to become President.  She could help out in a better capacity in the Senate, but nope, she's proceeding with her Presidential boondoggle.  Gillibrand, O'Rourke, Booker, Harris, etc., also delusional.   They need to step aside, work to support a Democratic sweep and shut the hell up unless it's to say something positive.   But falling in line is a Republican trait ... which kind of explains why they're in control.

Klobuchar has yet to attend a KYV seminar with Mika. Harris did and earned rave reviews from Mika. She still has a chance to receive Mika's advice.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Folks, I know it's tempting to discuss the issues the show raises. But what you think either party needs to do in the upcoming election is personal politics and therefore off-topic and not allowed. Please stick to what is actually mentioned on Morning Joe.