Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I tend to believe Heilemann when he says that Halperin didn't behave inappropriately around him, but it surprises me that he never heard gossip about Halperin's behavior at ABC.

38 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

The discussion about the "working class" going for Trump is especially irritating given that the bulk of Trump's support came from upper-middle or affluent people. Clinton carried voters who made under $40,000. But accepting this fact would force people like Joe and Chris Matthews to face the fact that Trump voters were not attracted to a economic populism message....they were attracted to something sinister.

But that said, when you break down the "working class" vote, Trump won the white voters....Clinton carried the demo at large. (Between minority women voting for Clinton at far higher rates than white women, and this stat, it seems that minority voters did all the heavy lifting for trying to keep this country sane, to little avail.)  But again, query whether a "white working class Trump voter" was voting because Trump had an economic message that was appealing, or whether - like the more affluent Trump voter - it was....something else.

I do find it strange that these shows focus on the "white working class". Wouldn't working class voters of all races have similar economic concerns?

I am very curious about people who switched their votes from Obama to Trump. Why?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I do find it strange that these shows focus on the "white working class". Wouldn't working class voters of all races have similar economic concerns?

Yes, one would think.

1 hour ago, oakville said:

I am very curious about people who switched their votes from Obama to Trump. Why?

So am I, and I still haven't heard an answer that made any sense.

• Love 2

Wednesday Recap. Joe is in the bunker. Willie is at the site of the terrorist attack & Mika is in the studio. Willie said the attack was in a nice neighborhood where they have a Halloween parade. Joe told several stories about how his kids like the area & like Halloween. Willie said the terrorist was removed from Uber's driver list.

Mika is in a serious mood. They found the Isis note & he was shouting Allah Akbar.

The theme from the panel is that New Yorkers are tough & will celebrate Halloween no matter what.

Secret Agent Clint said Isis has lost control of it's territory, so they have inspired attacks around the world.

Trump will step up the Extreme Vetting Program.

Joe is mad at Trump. Anyone can get a truck & kill people. It can happen from people already here.

Is Joe wearing a hair piece today? It looks like he has a raccoon on his head. The hair line is not normal.

Joe is mad that Trump didn't send condolences to London Mayor.

Joe is trying hard to get his jabs at Trump but he is more restrained than normal.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, oakville said:

Wednesday Recap. Joe is in the bunker. Willie is at the site of the terrorist attack & Mika is in the studio. Willie said the attack was in a nice neighborhood where they have a Halloween parade. Joe told several stories about how his kids like the area & like Halloween.

Is it just my imagination or does he always have a backstory that places him/his family at the scene of every big news event in the years/months/days before it happens?   I think he does it to create an illusion that he has a personal connection to everything newsworthy.

Scarborough and Mika were working overtime this morning to convince people of how hard they were on Trump during the campaign regarding Russia.   Was that before or after they agreed to feed him softball questions during the hot mic gaffe?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7

I won't be happy till Mueller gets his hands on decades of Trump's tax returns. No innocent person acts the way he does.

Bannon has an 8% approval rating. Joe says trump won't take his anti Mueller advice. I wouldn't be so sure. The question is, will his "party" allow it?

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, millennium said:

Is it just my imagination or does he always have a backstory that places him/his family at the scene of every big news event in the years/months/days before it happens? 

Yes. Always.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, millennium said:

Is it just my imagination or does he always have a backstory that places him/his family at the scene of every big news event in the years/months/days before it happens?   I think he does it to create an illusion that he has a personal connection to everything newsworthy.

Scarborough and Mika were working overtime this morning to convince people of how hard they were on Trump during the campaign regarding Russia.   Was that before or after they agreed to feed him softball questions during the hot mic gaffe?

No it's not your imagination. Joe used to tell stories about growing up all over the USA because his dad was looking for work in New York State & Pennsylvania. 

He also used to discuss attending many different Protestant denomination.

It was hilarious.

2 minutes ago, stormy said:

I won't be happy till Mueller gets his hands on decades of Trump's tax returns. No innocent person acts the way he does.

Bannon has an 8% approval rating. Joe says trump won't take his anti Mueller advice. I wouldn't be so sure. The question is, will his "party" allow it?

It's strange that they don't show polls about Congress's ratings.

Why do a poll about Bannon? He's just a former advisor.

It would be like doing a poll on Mika & Joe

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

So am I, and I still haven't heard an answer that made any sense.

Someone I know said she wanted to vote for a liberal, but she felt she & her husband were forgotten by Obama.  I have no clue what that means. I know her husband, a CPA for over 20 years, was laid off during the recession.  However, he did in the last five years, take a position at the Finance Center at Fort Harrison. This is where DoD payroll and expenses are processed.  A former coworker of mine got a job there during the recession making a great deal more than he was here at our firm. 

This couple is upper middle class, they just built a $500,000 home in a bedroom community of Indianapolis. However this woman was angry because there was a freeze on raises for federal employees and her husband finally got a salary increase.  Also, she doesn't have to work.   So if this is supposed to be the white working class that was forgotten by Democrats, I'm laughing my ass off and wishing someone would forget me. 

It sounds to me like a lot of people who think the world owes them something supported Trump. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 13

Why do a poll about Bannon? He's just a former advisor.

I thought it was odd to do a poll on Bannon too and if you add up the numbers of the poll, they only added up to around 80 percent, so I'm betting 20% of those polled didn't know him, or didn't have an opinion. What is alarming is that only 46% of those polled disapprove of him. 

I noticed that the revisionist history of the George W Bush presidency - alarmedly mostly done by liberals - continues with Barnicle crowing that the difference between 9/11 and this event was in 2001, "we had a president who wanted to bring this country together." Oh spare me. He also wanted a pretense to invade a country whose leader tried to kill his daddy, with idiotic views of a Pax Americana where American values - and American commerce - would prevail. How did that work out? 

I can do without all the purple prose about "the resilience of the New York spirit" - not that it isn't true, but these guys were laying it on a little thick. Especially Willie, I'm disappointed to say. That's the kind of crap I expect from Brian Williams.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Someone I know said she wanted to vote for a liberal, but she felt she & her husband were forgotten by Obama.  I have no clue what that means. I know her husband, a CPA for over 20 years, was laid off during the recession.  However, he did in the last five years, take a position at the Finance Center at Fort Harrison. This is where DoD payroll and expenses are processed.  A former coworker of mine got a job there during the recession making a great deal more than he was here at our firm. 

This couple is upper middle class, they just built a $500,000 home in a bedroom community of Indianapolis. However this woman was angry because there was a freeze on raises for federal employees and her husband finally got a salary increase.  Also, she doesn't have to work.   So if this is supposed to be the white working class that was forgotten by Democrats, I'm laughing my ass off and wishing someone would forget me. 

It sounds to me like a lot of people who think the world owes them something supported Trump. 

Does she have amnesia?

The recession occurred under Bush and Obama came into office with the economy bleeding jobs.  By the time he left, he'd created net millions of jobs.

And it's the GOP Congress who tried to freeze govt. jobs and spending, to try to cause fiscal drag on the economy.

Trump and the Republicans aren't going to give federal workers more money or jobs either.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, scrb said:

Does she have amnesia?

The recession occurred under Bush and Obama came into office with the economy bleeding jobs.  By the time he left, he'd created net millions of jobs.

And it's the GOP Congress who tried to freeze govt. jobs and spending, to try to cause fiscal drag on the economy.

Trump and the Republicans aren't going to give federal workers more money or jobs either.

I have more than one friend who used to be quite liberal but then moved to smaller communities outside the city where politics is MUCH more conservative and the next thing I know, it's Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  One of their husbands even repeated that idiotic New Orleans Saints team plane pilots story as gospel because he saw it on Facebook. 

6 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I can do without all the purple prose about "the resilience of the New York spirit" - not that it isn't true, but these guys were laying it on a little thick. Especially Willie, I'm disappointed to say. That's the kind of crap I expect from Brian Williams.

You can so easily tell that's where the show's going from the very first moments -- they all sit slightly more upright, the feigned stoic faces, Mika's i'm-very-serious-and-knowing-my-value voice ... color me jaded but I'm sick of it.   Nutjobs are carrying out domestic attacks on what seems like a weekly basis now and the kneejerk response in both the media and in political circles is the carefully-choreographed "solemn moment" accompanied by syrupy expressions of [insert name/location of tragedy]'s resilience and strength.   It's happening so often now that the words scarcely have meaning anymore.

• Love 7

Thursday Recap. Heidi & Sam Stein are on the panel. Mika & joe are in the studio together.

Joe talked about baseball. Mika shrugged.

Joe is mad at Trump who is calling for the death penalty for the NYC terrorist. Joe wants due process for him.

Mika got very mad at the thought of executing the terrorist.

Willie had to remind Joe that there isn't much sympathy for the terrorist. It's not just an academic exercise.

Mika thinks Trump is having a breakdown.

Trump is speaking to the gut of the country.

Joe say that  he would admit that off camera, Trump is right at being tougher on terrorists vs other criminals.

Joe talked about tainting the jury pool.

Joe wants the Presidents to respect norms.

• Love 1

Joe is on a rant against Bannon having 8% approval. He is advising Trump again who has 33% approval.

Mika & Joe are now telling the audience that they were giving good advice to Trump. Hire good people!

Apologize to McCain!.

Joe said Trump doesbn't listen to advisors.

Mika said that Trump is having a breakdown again.

Mika looks nice in her red dress.

The key guests will be on to talk about Trump being crazy.

Heidi has not seen Anchorman. Mika said she doesn't like movies.

• Love 2

They are trying to discuss tax reform. Joe said the elite 1% pays most of the taxes, so by cutting taxes it helps the elite.

Joe said a payroll tax cut would help the working class.

Joe does not like estate tax cuts. Joe said it helps the donor class.

Sam Stein said marginal rates were higher during the Reagan era.

Glamor shots of Joe reading his credit card statement are back.

Trump does not like the visa lottery program.

Rick Stengel is back ! He used to be on the show when he was with Time Magazine.

The terrorist was radicalized here.

Joe likes a merit based immigration system like Canada. Trump likes that plan.

• Love 1

What bugs me about the baseball talk, aside from it being boring, is that it's unabashedly sexist.   They had three men and two women on that set today, but the baseball discussion was unmistakably boys only.   The only time the women were addressed was when Joe paused to help poor confused Mika understand why his remarks about baseball were so relevant.   He reminded me of Thurston Howell III trying to impress a point upon Lovey.

• Love 4

For Mika, hope springs eternal. She wants to believe the baffoon is having a breakdown! The 25th Amendment will be invoked! 

Ha. He and his minions are already counting electoral votes.

And what's with the Jared is the problem? He just returned from an unannounced trip to the middle East to discuss peace!

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

It's happening so often now that the words scarcely have meaning anymore.

I bit my tongue yesterday about posting on how this is a once a week occurance now, does the reporting on it have to be an all-day thing with no other news being shown?  Or 2 day thing?  this probably sounds bad, but I don't want to hear it hashed out over and over.

Peter King seems reasonable for a Repub.

I am washing, waxing, and polishing the bus for the moment it drives over Golden Boy Jared Kushner. Wait for it 'cause its a' comin'.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, millennium said:

What bugs me about the baseball talk, aside from it being boring, is that it's unabashedly sexist.   They had three men and two women on that set today, but the baseball discussion was unmistakably boys only.   The only time the women were addressed was when Joe paused to help poor confused Mika understand why his remarks about baseball were so relevant.   He reminded me of Thurston Howell III trying to impress a point upon Lovey.

A lot of women are interested in baseball, and this was the World Series, and the Astros, a team that has never won a World Series, won,  so it isn't inappropriate to discuss it for a few minutes.  I'm sure if Heidi or Mika wanted to join in they would have been allowed to.  Talking about sports isn't sexist.  Everyone knows Mika isn't interested in sports, but that doesn't mean no one should talk about one of the best World Series ever played. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't see how it's sexist to talk about baseball (or any other sport) among women.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's sexist not to talk about sports around women, the assumption being we wimmen can't possibly understand or be interested.   I know there's a lot of man-bashing going on these days, and deservedly so for those guilty of sexual offenses, but sometimes a guy just can't "win" and no matter what he says or does it's going to be called sexist.

• Love 9

Was there any mention, amidst all the talk of the van attack in NYC, about the middle-aged white guy who strolled into a Colorado WalMart and shot three people for no apparent reason? Or is "now not the time?"

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Was there any mention, amidst all the talk of the van attack in NYC, about the middle-aged white guy who strolled into a Colorado WalMart and shot three people for no apparent reason? Or is "now not the time?"

It seems as if this kind of almost daily news is just "ho hum". You certainly won't hear Trump mention it since it's not muslim related, and he and the other congressional cowards wouldn't want to offend gun owners and their NRA masters. It's a sad state state of affairs when people are gunned down every day in this country, and it's no big deal.

• Love 7

The small interview with Ron Draper at the end of the show was very interesting - how Obama was never a party guy (not a slam on Obama), and so the party's identity crisis dates back for years, not just the past few months. 

Willie teased a fascinating article by Donna Brazile on the DNC at the very end, which I hope they spend more time on tomorrow.

Joe spends too much time analyzing Trump's tweets.

Yeah, like today, when he spent a whole segment shrieking about Trump's tweet about giving the bike path killer the death penalty. Joe was careful not to attack Trump's position - in fact I bet Joe agrees with it - he just has a quarrel with Trump tweeting it out. Again, his problem is with the presentation, and not the substance.

It must be hard building a career and living in a culture where the respect you get is based on your position, who your boss is, what your security clearance is, etc - and then having a baboon like Trump blow it all up. Mika grew up in that climate, Joe aspired to it - and now Rodney Dangerfield is a member of their Bushwood Country Club. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

The small interview with Ron Draper at the end of the show was very interesting - how Obama was never a party guy (not a slam on Obama), and so the party's identity crisis dates back for years, not just the past few months. 

Willie teased a fascinating article by Donna Brazile on the DNC at the very end, which I hope they spend more time on tomorrow.

Yeah, like today, when he spent a whole segment shrieking about Trump's tweet about giving the bike path killer the death penalty. Joe was careful not to attack Trump's position - in fact I bet Joe agrees with it - he just has a quarrel with Trump tweeting it out. Again, his problem is with the presentation, and not the substance.

It must be hard building a career and living in a culture where the respect you get is based on your position, who your boss is, what your security clearance is, etc - and then having a baboon like Trump blow it all up. Mika grew up in that climate, Joe aspired to it - and now Rodney Dangerfield is a member of their Bushwood Country Club. 

I will have to check my prior recaps from 2015 & 2016 but I think Joe was much more supportive of Trumps tweets on terrorist attacks back then. 

I think that the Washington elite is furious that Trump won.  

21 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

It's already been disproven. Both candidates signed agreements in 2015 with DNC that they would have access to $ if and when they became nominee. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't see how it's sexist to talk about baseball (or any other sport) among women.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's sexist not to talk about sports around women, the assumption being we wimmen can't possibly understand or be interested.   I know there's a lot of man-bashing going on these days, and deservedly so for those guilty of sexual offenses, but sometimes a guy just can't "win" and no matter what he says or does it's going to be called sexist.

There's a clubbiness to the way these guys go about it that leaves no doubt: "this is a guy thing."   They make no effort to bring the women into the conversation except to "educate" them as Scarborough does with Mika.   For the most part the men talk around the women, not to them, for minutes on end.     I can accept that someone else may not get that impression.   But I do.  

On 2015-11-16 at 6:42 AM, oakville said:

Joe is dressed in a navy suit & tie. Perhaps someone at MSNBC told him to dress up for important shows. Joe is very mad at Obama for saying ISIS was contained & couldn't attack the USA. Joe is pressuring Mika to criticize the President. Mika made faces 7 finally decided to say that Obama's comments were unfortunate. Mika said the optics were bad. Joe is mocking Hillary for saying that not all Muslims are terrorists. Joe said no one is against all muslims. Joe wants them to use the term Radical Islam. Barnicle said ISIS is already mad at the West so they won't be offended by the term of Radical Islam. Joe mocked Obama's spokesman Rhodes, who wants to train Syrian rebels.  Joe wants a strong military response to ISIS. Admiral Stravidis said they should partition Syria in 3. Kurds, Sunni & Alawaites each get a part of the country. Joe said Democrats are afraid to come on to discuss ISIS.

From Nov 2015 after the terrorist attacks in Paris. Joe was essentially calling Obama  a wimp for not being tough enough in his comments on Isis.

Now , Joe is mad at Trump for being too tough on the NYC terrorist.

• Love 3

It's already been disproven. Both candidates signed agreements in 2015 with DNC that they would have access to $ if and when they became nominee. 

Well, like I said, it will be interesting to see what the show says, if they talk about it.  Willie seemed pretty excited  about it. And as for it beiyng "disproven", her article covers more than money, but this is not the place to discuss it.

There's a clubbiness to the way these guys go about it that leaves no doubt: "this is a guy thing."   They make no effort to bring the women into the conversation except to "educate" them as Scarborough does with Mika.   For the most part the men talk around the women, not to them, for minutes on end.     I can accept that someone else may not get that impression.   But I do.  

Mika makes a big deal about not watching TV or movies. I don't think I'm going out on a limb here to say that when they talk about movies - like they did about Anchorman today - and she does her snooty little eyeroll, it isn't because they're sexist and clubby. 

Moreover when Doris Kearns Goodwin comes on the show they usually chat a little about the Red Sox because she is a big fan.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 5
On 10/31/2017 at 6:49 AM, Landsnark said:

Chris Matthews just killed his two segments.  Good work, you loud weirdo!  He's often irritating, but I could watch him read the phone book.

As Chris would say, HA! I'm listening to the audiobook version of his Bobby Kennedy book now. The guy has a real understanding of history, and boy, can he tell a story.

Note to Joe: I will never pay money to listen to your soothing tones.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I think they said that Donna Brazil’s is going to be on the show next Wednesday. 

7 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Well, like I said, it will be interesting to see what the show says, if they talk about it.  Willie seemed pretty excited  about it. And as for it beiyng "disproven", her article covers more than money, but this is not the place to discuss it.

Mika makes a big deal about not watching TV or movies. I don't think I'm going out on a limb here to say that when they talk about movies - like they did about Anchorman today - and she does her snooty little eyeroll, it isn't because they're sexist and clubby. 

Moreover when Doris Kearns Goodwin comes on the show they usually chat a little about the Red Sox because she is a big fan.

I have been watching the show since 2007. Mika has always made a big deal about not watching, sports, TV or having any respect for popular culture. Her big TV moment in 2007 was setting fire to the printed copy of the Paris Hilton arrest that summer.

I remember when Mika went ballistic complaining about Miley Cyrus twerking or doing something erotic with a lolleypop.

Milley responded to her & called her an old lady . Mika got very upset at her.

Joe's hair was parted very differently back in 2013.

Joe went on  a rant about girls offering oral sex to his boys and getting bracelets

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1

Friday Recap. Joe is in the bunker. Mika is off. Willie is hosting the panel. Katty Kay is the designated female panelist.

Joe said that Papadopoulos is the key player. Joe is mad at Trump. He lied about trying to meet with the russians.

Joe is mad at the DNC for trying  to rig the 2016 primary. Hillary took over the party in 2015. Donna Brazile found out.

The panel was excited about KasieDC!. There are lightning sound effects when she appears. Joe & Donnie were happy that they came up with the name.

Heileman is back but I doubt they will ask him about Halperin.

Joe is going on & on about Trump Russia...

Joe wrote an article in the Washington Post.

• Love 2

Joe said Mika was right about the DNC rigging the primary. Phil Griffin complained about Mika attacking the DNC.

Joe said that Trump copied the rigging term from him him.

Donnie called it a festival of nonsense.

Donnie said the Democrats are in worse shape than the GOP. Wow!

Obama left the party bankrupt.

• Love 1

I'm a bit disappointed in Donna Brasille. Is this pay back for how she was treated by Clinton, Obama and the DNC?

She's obviously in the political wilderness, at least for now, because I don't see how this can bode well for her.

That said, I agree with her on how Bernie was treated but I still think giving the fat ass fodder is misguided.

• Love 3

Obama left the party bankrupt.

Well, I think that's an overstatement and it implies that Obama spent all the DNC's money. It may be more accurate to say that Obama had no positive effect on DNC fundraising. And that's a statement on the DNC. The old days of local ward bosses are maligned today but one benefit of them is that they were much in tune with the complaints and desires of the individual voters. Now the DNC is a collection of slick  K Street hacks for whom the party is a side hustle for their corporate lobbying work. I can't think of any regular Joe or Jane who would choose to donate to that mess rather than an individual candidate.

Thank's Donna for bringing back the Hillary vs Bernie primary nightmare

As Kasie and Donnie pointed out, this wound was never healed and has been festering for over a year. She didn't bring back anything, it's been there all along. If anything, maybe calling it out now may result in some healing. Brazile is as  Democratic establishment as it gets. For her of all people to call it out is quite the statement. And given that a few weeks ago there was a huge purge of progressive staff from the DNC and an influx of corporate lobbyists as "superdelegates" suggests that the party still hasn't learn its lesson.

• Love 6

Today Joe's hair is so swoopy it looks like Max Headroom

Oh.. just saw the Know Your Value montage/tent revival.  Although this sounds shallow...My God Mika looks incredible.  Also, I didn't know Joe was so tall.  I'm not sure I have ever seen them standing next to each other, only lounging on car hoods and the like.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Also, I didn't know Joe was so tall.  I'm not sure I have ever seen them standing next to each other, only lounging on car hoods and the like.

He's 6'4" and she is 5'5"

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Well, I think that's an overstatement and it implies that Obama spent all the DNC's money. It may be more accurate to say that Obama had no positive effect on DNC fundraising. And that's a statement on the DNC. The old days of local ward bosses are maligned today but one benefit of them is that they were much in tune with the complaints and desires of the individual voters. Now the DNC is a collection of slick  K Street hacks for whom the party is a side hustle for their corporate lobbying work. I can't think of any regular Joe or Jane who would choose to donate to that mess rather than an individual candidate.

As Kasie and Donnie pointed out, this wound was never healed and has been festering for over a year. She didn't bring back anything, it's been there all along. If anything, maybe calling it out now may result in some healing. Brazile is as  Democratic establishment as it gets. For her of all people to call it out is quite the statement. And given that a few weeks ago there was a huge purge of progressive staff from the DNC and an influx of corporate lobbyists as "superdelegates" suggests that the party still hasn't learn its lesson.

Joe blamed a "disinterested Obama" for part of the problems of the DNC. Joe basically called him lazy for not raising money for the DNC.

Joe blamed Hillary for allowing Trump to counter punch her so much.

The Clintons couldn't attack Trump on sexual harassment because of Bill's past.

Joe said the Clinton foundation was just as scandal plagued as Trump's businesses.

Donnie said Trump will now be able to attack the Democrats as being corrupt.

Kasie was shocked that Shumer didn't follow the election campaign last year.

Kasie sai that Sanders supporters are very angry at the DNC & might not show up in 2018 or 2020.

There is no guarantee that the 2020 primary won't be rigged.

Donnie said that there were no exciting stars for the Democrats.

Kasie said the Democrats house is on fire.

Joe must have forgotten his guarante from a few days ago that Pelosi would be the Speaker in 2019.

Joe said that while Mika is away the cats will come out and play.

• Love 2

Promoting Kasie's show is part of the schtick every time she's on but honestly I tried to watch it and ugh.  I lasted about about half way but then she was interviewing the Bush twins so I wasn't interested.

• Love 3

Monday Recap. Mika is back to wearing her black librarian sweater. Joe showed up in the studio. Secret agent Clint & Cape Lady, Elise were on set.

First topic was the horrific shooting in Texas.

Joe is mad at Trump for calling it a mental health issue.

Joe is mad at the media for saying the killers name.

Elise Jordan is mad at the power of the NRA.

Mika said he had guns for shooting deer, but you don't need these weapons.

Joe wants more background checks but it turns out is easy to lie on the form & no one checks the database.

Joe said he went to a Baptist church when he was younger.

Joe said Trump is too quick to attack muslim terrorists but talks about mental health issues for non muslims killers.

Joe mocked Trump's memory.

The panel was happy to go back to the Trump russia story.

No mention by Mika for over a week about Halperin getting fired from NBC.

Harold Ford Jr is on the panel today but he hasn't said anything interesting.

Rand Paul got assaulted by a neighbor. Elise used to work for him but she hasn't said anything.

Joe's hair is in better shape today.

Wilbur Ross is evil because his holdings had business with the Russians.

Papadopoulos is the evil mastermind according to Mika. He sat at a table with Bob Corker!

Mika was making faces at the camera & squinting.

• Love 3

Kremlin controlled 10% of Facebook &  5% of Twitter. The Russians are evil. Facebook & Twitter are run by Russian puppets according to Joe.

Will Mueller go after Zuckerberg & Twitter for colluding with Russians?

Mika said NBC News has confirmed that Flynn & his son will be charged by Mueller.

I wonder if they will cover the DNC Donna Brazile story & the Bush Presidents attacking Trump.

My brain does this weird thing.  It reads "Kremlin" as Kermit.   For an instant I picture a puppet frog controlling 10% of Facebook and Twitter.

What a shame about Rand Paul.   Tsk tsk.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5