Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Those photos of Pence shows that he knows how to embellish his image. I'm sure Trump is fuming about it. I doubt that Donnie could manage to lift a branch and would be worn out in doing so, and Melania's white tennies might have become dirty if she were near any debris.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Those photos of Pence shows that he knows how to embellish his image. I'm sure Trump is fuming about it. I doubt that Donnie could manage to lift a branch and would be worn out in doing so, and Melania's white tennies might have become dirty if she were near any debris.

Between you and I, nothing will top those Chukka Boots that Trump was wearing . . . not to mention the unfortunate length of those khakis he was sporting.  Gah!

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Kenz said:

And how clever for Pence to include a guy in a wheelchair (please know I find Pence completely odious even though I do wish folks would lay off of the chatter about he and his wife and that Mother business as for me it adds unnecessary fuel to a religious fire). 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Between you and I, nothing will top those Chukka Boots that Trump was wearing . . . not to mention the unfortunate length of those khakis he was sporting.  Gah!

UGG--!!!  I had to go look again.  ??????

• Love 2
15 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Looks like this is wishful thinking. 

Benjamin Wittes tweeted at 4:36 am this morning - "It's going to be a long day. Buckle Up". 

He's James Comey's pal, the guy who tweets "Tick Tick Tick" every time something big is going to happen. 

And yet nothing momentous occurred. 

• Love 1

Friday Recap. Joe is in the Nantucket Bunker. Mika is off. Katty Kay has new mascara & is handling Mika's job much better than Mika.

Joe is happy the Trump & Pence are visiting Houston. Katty even mentioned that Trump gave $1m of his own money to the hurricane relief.

Kornacki hopes there won't be a fight on the debt ceiling & hurricane relief.

Halperin is in a dark Washington.

Trump doesn't  like be reigned in by Kelly. They call Kelly the Church Lady.

Heidi Prysbela is wearing a light blue top & cardigan from the Mika Librarian collection.

Heidi said that Trump is rebelling against Kelly by pardoning Arpaio. banning Transgenders & responding to Charlottsville.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, millennium said:

God I hate photo ops.   Pence is no more convincing clearing debris than Tarek El Moussa is at doing "demo." 

Ha!. George W Bush was excellent at clearing brush. They always showed him with an axe at his ranch.

It took me a while to figure out who Tarek was. I realized he is on one of those house flipping shows. Christina was his wife.

Katty joked that Joe still has Trump's phone number. Bannon still calls Trump.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, oakville said:

Friday Recap. Joe is in the Nantucket Bunker. Mika is off. Katty Kay has new mascara & is handling Mika's job much better than Mika.

Heidi Prysbela is wearing a light blue top & cardigan from the Mika Librarian collection.

Wow, Katty is really rocking those Labor Day lashes . . . I laughed out loud when I saw both Katty and Heidi as the first thing that came to mind when I first saw them this morning was with Mika off they must have raided her wardrobe closet.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

THIS . . . you are my hero . . .  I haven't watched much of the show this week and it sounds like I missed more of the same ole.  If I want to watch Harvey coverage I go to CNN, if I want an escape I go to HLN (especially S. E. Cupp's new show in the evening, love it).  If I want to ruin my morning I tune into MJ who according to ratings have had their best month in over a year which folks may attribute to Trump but I think just watching those two snipe at each other on the air and those strategically placed articles are fueling that particular rise in ratings (YMMV).

The even better news for them is that even before Megyn Kelly premiers next month there is also a dead panic about the show so when/if she bombs maybe these two will scamper off to network NBC and recreate SNL's "Morning Latte".

Joe & Megun hate each other. I doubt Joe will help promote her show. 

NBC made a mistake hiring her. 

• Love 4

I doubt that Donnie could manage to lift a branch and would be worn out in doing so, and Melania's white tennies might have become dirty if she were near any debris.

I read this as you were talking about Donnie Deutsch clearing brush, and I was thinking, "Yeah, if Prada makes gardening gloves."

• Love 4

Joe, etc think Rex Tillerson will be the first one to quit, maybe by the first of the year.

John Kelly looks more and more like an idiot to me everyday that he works for fat ass.

The only reason, IMO, that fat ass is going back to Texas tomorrow, is so he can get his fat ass on TV.  It's all about ratings to him.   Will he pull a Pence and pray with the commoners?  Will he quote scripture? 

Then he'll go back to his bunker and screw the dreamers, fit in some golf and make it a perfect weekend.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Halperin is surprised that Muller is leaking details about the investigation.

I might believe this if anybody but Halperin said it.  When questioned why he thinks so, he said something like "I know how to read the tea leaves" or something equally nonsensical.  Halperin is useless without Heilemann.  

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, navelgazer said:

I might believe this if anybody but Halperin said it.  When questioned why he thinks so, he said something like "I know how to read the tea leaves" or something equally nonsensical.  Halperin is useless without Heilemann.  

For me, when Mueller first started his investigation it was as tight as a drum.  Now that they are getting close and circumventing presidential pardons by working with state and local agencies maybe the leaks are out there to let those involved know the jig is pretty much up.  Trump has been dirty for decades and this has been well documented.  Halperin is beyond an empty suit, he is an empty suit taking up valuable space.  I honestly don't know how Heilemann puts up with him.  Tea leaves, pphhhhhfffft!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

For me, when Mueller first started his investigation it was as tight as a drum.  Now that they are getting close and circumventing presidential pardons by working with state and local agencies maybe the leaks are out there to let those involved know the jig is pretty much up.  Trump has been dirty for decades and this has been well documented.  Halperin is beyond an empty suit, he is an empty suit taking up valuable space.  I honestly don't know how Heilemann puts up with him.  Tea leaves, pphhhhhfffft!

I think that Heilemann needs Halperin to get Trump sources to talk to them for the next Game Change book. Halperin was much more optimistic about Trumps chances in 2016 than Heilemann.

On Morning Joe, Halperin kept reminding the panel that Hillary had a lot of wasted votes in California, New York & Illinois. 

The national polls over estimated Hillary's electoral college prospects

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I think that Heilemann needs Halperin to get Trump sources to talk to them for the next Game Change book. Halperin was much more optimistic about Trumps chances in 2016 than Heilemann.

On Morning Joe, Halperin kept reminding the panel that Hillary had a lot of wasted votes in California, New York & Illinois. 

The national polls over estimated Hillary's electoral college prospects

What are you talking about wasted votes?

You want to toss out 3 of the bluest states for what reason?

Why not toss out Texas and a couple of red states which gave Trump the biggest margin?

Only reason Trump is president is that the US is still bound by some dumb laws written in the 18th century to cater to the politics at that time.

• Love 7

Only reason Trump is president is that the US is still bound by some dumb laws written in the 18th century to cater to the politics at that time.

Only reason Trump is president is that the US is still bound by some dumb laws written in the 19th century to cater to the politics at that time. (was in 1877, so that big states such as NYC and CA didn't always get to pick the Prez by over-running small states, or something of that ilk.  Well the states that voted for Trump NEED to be overrun, I say)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3

Hello everyone.

New to MJ and the fandom(?) but not new to TWOP/PTV (used to post a lot on the Castle forum and loved to take the piss out of that show especially as it slid down the shitter).

Confessions:

1) I think Joe is hot as fuck and would climb him like a tree.

2) I actually love (most) of Joe's music and willingly listen to it multiple times a day (context: I was/am an X Files/David Duchovny/Gillian Anderson fan and cringed in horror watching David - who I generally adore - attempt his musical midlife crisis and it was just...wretched).  

2a) I was one of those weirdo fans that totally shipped David and Gillian as a real life couple (over it now as Gillian is dating a tiny troll man who wrote The Crown) and there are a striking number of similarities between David and Gillian and Joe and Mika - which are long and involved and probably of little entertainment value to anyone except for me.

3) I also like Mika and think she's a gorgeous woman with and without makeup.  One of the things I really love about Joe is that he seems to love posting pictures of her without makeup, wearing her sunglasses on her head and just dressed like a normal woman. She has her flaws but I truly think she's a good person - though not always the most polished broadcaster. And I do think she's insecure, which could be related to her family, etc.

4) I am absolutely in love with Joe and Mika being in love.  There was an article in New York magazine about them that had this quote, and I think it sums it up rather well: "But whatever else you think of them, you've gotta take beauty where you can find it these days, and these are two people who really fucking love each other."   There's so much bullshit and artifice and ugliness in the country these days and watching two people in love - despite their political differences and occasional bickering - honestly gives me some hope, as tragic as that is.

5) My affection for them (and especially Joe) was monumentally increased by the fact that Joe has liked my comments on Facebook on several occasions and has even replied back.  Now I realize that he's not George Clooney/Brad Pitt/insert conventional popular celebrity here level of fame, but it really impressed me.  I used to work in movies back in the 90's (Good Will Hunting, Amistad, multiple indies) and 99% of talent are total dicks.  So anytime I see even slightly human behavior from any public figure I view it from that prism. And what was even cooler is that my comments were usually about how great I think he and Mika are and that they seem so happy together.

6) I think the enormous amount of bullshit that gets thrown their way because of how (and when) their relationship began is really fucking boring.  Shit happens.  Sometimes you fall in love with someone and it's messy.  I fell in love with someone when I was engaged to another man.  It was horrible and heartbreaking and I wish it hadn't happened the way it did - but I ended things with my fiance before I got physically involved with my boyfriend.  It all worked out.  I'm still friends with my ex-fiance and I'm still with the man I fell in love with.  

7) I think Joe and Mika make each other better in many ways.  They balance each other out.  And, as Mika has said "I'm not sure where we begin and the other ends.  We're just really connected," Joe added "You don't know where I start, where she ends...We...she ...understands me...and makes me a lot better." When talking about their engagement he said "It just keeps hitting you that it's forever. It's forever. It's forever. And you do realize immediately what matters, what doesn't matter. It makes you treat people around you differently, people that you love". 

8) He wrote her a fucking love song.  And every time he plays it in concert he's always watching her reaction.  They look at each other like the sun shines out of their asses.  And that's pretty amazing to watch.

9) I think Joe is funny as fuck and his laugh is infectious.  And I love it when Mika is just herself and not trying to be Serious Broadcaster all the time.

Now there's a lot to clown on about MJ and I look forward to doing just that.  There's a lot to clown on me about the fact that I just posted all this shit on the internet, but who gives a fuck? And how can you not love these two?

IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

• Love 7

Welcome, Elysium!  I am pretty new myself, and I agree with you 150%.  Well, except for the X-Files thing and wanting to climb Joe like a tree.  But the rest, I am with you.  (Including on Joe's music!)

We may be in the minority here, however, as this board seems to vent a little more than celebrate. Still, it's nice to be among a group of folks that watch the show as regularly and as closely as I do!  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, scrb said:

What are you talking about wasted votes?

You want to toss out 3 of the bluest states for what reason?

Why not toss out Texas and a couple of red states which gave Trump the biggest margin?

Hillary won California by 4.2M votes, Illinois by 1.7M votes & NY by 950K votes. The national polls would reflect this advantage.

Trump won Texas by 800K, Florida by 113K & Pennsylvania by 44K.

In virtually all states, you win all the Electoral votes if you win the popular vote by 1.

Halperin was correct that a national lead in the polls by 2-4% by Hillary Clinton would not result in 300 + electoral college votes for her. I expected better of Heilemann.

During the election, Joe did say that Trump voters were not talking to pollsters. This gave Hillary a false advantage in the polls.

One of the biggest failures of Morning Joe in 2016 was not doing in depth analysis of how Trump could win the electoral college & still lose the popular vote.

You can complain about the electoral college, but that is how the Presidents are chosen.

Joe is making the same mistake this year by showing polls with Trump's approval rating in the 30's & low 40's.

Joe should remember that Trump never had high approval ratings during the campaign.

Approval ratings are useless when both candidates are unpopular.

Joe should review his shows from 2011 & 2012 when Heilemann told him that the key to success of the Obama campaign would be to drive up Romney's "unfavorables" opinion by saying that he was a greedy businessmen etc...

18 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Only reason Trump is president is that the US is still bound by some dumb laws written in the 19th century to cater to the politics at that time. (was in 1877, so that big states such as NYC and CA didn't always get to pick the Prez by over-running small states, or something of that ilk.  Well the states that voted for Trump NEED to be overrun, I say)

Agreed. It is mind boggling that Hillary Clinton's campaign did not understand how the electoral college works.

Why hasn't Morning Joe brought on "experts" from the Clinton campaign to discuss why they had no clue that they would lose Michigan,Pennsylvania, Wisconsin when the polls showed Trump winning Iowa & Ohio?

Frankly, Hillary came close to losing Minnesota,New Hampshire & Maine.

• Love 1
On 8/31/2017 at 2:50 PM, cased said:

ON 8/31/2017 AT 1:10 PM, TEDDYSMOM SAID:

Arkema Plant Explosion

This is cell phone footage from a couple who drove up to the plant, not realizing what had happened.  It's pretty rough. Looks like it took out part of an apartment complex, and apparently there's a park nearby where someone's grandchild was playing when it happened.  Near the complex that is. 

C & L website has noted the cell phone footage is from the 2013 explosion in West, Texas not the Arkema plant. They have added an editor's note to the story and taken down that footage.

Thanks for catching that! I deleted my post.  Sorry for any confusion. 

Joe seemed a little subdued yesterday. Wonder if he got read the riot act by Mika for acting like a douchebag. 

No I forgot who I'm talking about. She just sat in the corner and pouted. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Mmtx2002 said:

Welcome, Elysium!  I am pretty new myself, and I agree with you 150%.  Well, except for the X-Files thing and wanting to climb Joe like a tree.  But the rest, I am with you.  (Including on Joe's music!)

We may be in the minority here, however, as this board seems to vent a little more than celebrate. Still, it's nice to be among a group of folks that watch the show as regularly and as closely as I do!  

I tend to agree with this. I laugh at a lot of the antics of the show, but I do think that Joe and Mika make a good couple.

I also sort of like Joe's music. It is better than I thought it would be, and I have heard much worse.

And, I definitely don't want to climb Joe like a tree, or any other way. I will leave that to Mika!

• Love 1

This was Joe's final prediction for the 2016 election. He was unable to predict his own "home state" of Florida correctly.

https://www.270towin.com/maps/Ge6Ed

He also tweeted the word "Damn" when Trump was about to win Pennsylvania.

He was also reluctant to predict a Trump win later in the evening when the NY Times was forecasting a 91% chance that Trump would win the election.

I suspect that Mika & Joe will be off tomorrow & Joe will be angry on Tuesday that Trump is ending DACA & forcing Congress to change the immigration laws to allow the Dreamers to stay.

1 hour ago, nicole21290 said:

All of Mika's fam in Maine this weekend, looks like. We'll see if they make it back to set this next week or not, lol. 

Lovely family photo. I wonder if Joe tries to monopolize conversations at the table when he is surrounded by Mika's family?

I don't see Mika's kids in the photo.

2 hours ago, oakville said:

This was Joe's final prediction for the 2016 election. He was unable to predict his own "home state" of Florida correctly.

https://www.270towin.com/maps/Ge6Ed

He also tweeted the word "Damn" when Trump was about to win Pennsylvania.

He was also reluctant to predict a Trump win later in the evening when the NY Times was forecasting a 91% chance that Trump would win the election.

I suspect that Mika & Joe will be off tomorrow & Joe will be angry on Tuesday that Trump is ending DACA & forcing Congress to change the immigration laws to allow the Dreamers to stay.

Lovely family photo. I wonder if Joe tries to monopolize conversations at the table when he is surrounded by Mika's family?

I don't see Mika's kids in the photo.

I also wonder what Joe is like at these family events, but Mika's sister-in-law Natalia seems to like him because she frequently "likes" his instagram photos, and she shows up to a lot of his music shows. 

I don't see Mika's daughters in that photo either, but they were there. There is a second photo, which they are in (if you click on the right arrow on the right hand side of the photo, it should show the second photo). 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, cased said:

I also wonder what Joe is like at these family events, but Mika's sister-in-law Natalia seems to like him because she frequently "likes" his instagram photos, and she shows up to a lot of his music shows. 

I don't see Mika's daughters in that photo either, but they were there. There is a second photo, which they are in (if you click on the right arrow on the right hand side of the photo, it should show the second photo). 

Thanks! Mika is holding Carlie carefully. Carlie is the daughter that Mika dropped down the stairs as a baby by accident when she was overwhelmed.  Joe is wearing a suit & tie, so the photo must have been taken right after he was hosting the show in the Maine Bunker.

I happy that the show has so many different bunkers. In the event of a Nuclear War, Joe can keep broadcasting from wherever he is.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, nicole21290 said:

All of Mika's fam in Maine this weekend, looks like. We'll see if they make it back to set this next week or not, lol. 

Ok meow alert but what kind of gathering is it that the guys have suit coats and/or ties?  Love the guy at the end of the table who clearly was more interested in the food than posing for a photo . . . :)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok meow alert but what kind of gathering is it that the guys have suit coats and/or ties?  Love the guy at the end of the table who clearly was more interested in the food than posing for a photo . . . :)

The old guy looks like Dr Z.'s brother.

• Love 1

Happy Labour Day! Recap. I was surprised to see Mika & Joe today, but it took me a few minutes to realize that the show was taped last week. Joe asked everyone how their weekend was & they laughed. There was no reference to Hurricane Harvey or North Korea's missile launch, si I am sure that it was taped.

Mika is wearing her bright red top with a cardigan. Joe is wearing a suit with a red tartan pattern. Katty is wearing a tight fitting light blue oxford shirt . Meacham is wearing a suit. There is a new panelist from Minnesota. He doesn't like Trump.

Joe said he liked the movie Dunkirk, but you have to understand history. Joe thanked Churchill & the UK for saving western civilization. Katty smiled & said that Trump is ending the US empire.

Joe started bashing Trump. He said the wall is Mexico is a scam. Mexicans are fleeing the USA. Illegal immigration is down.

Joe said the Congress doesn't want to fund the wall. It was a political stunt.

Brian from Minnesota said he has never seen a party control all 3 branches of government & fight with each other. Brian should read a history book about the Carter administration. The Democrats controlled 3 branches of government with large majorities & fought with each other. Kennedy challenged Carter in 1980.

I's always fun to have these young panelists come on the show & make statements like "We have never seen this before"

Mika called Trump an Unhinged bully & unpredictable. Joe laughed at her & said that Mika's statements are her own & asked advertisers & viewers to stay with the show.

Joe then made a good point. The GOP Congress had 7 years to draft a replacement for Obamacare & failed. Trump would sign anything Congress gave him.He's not demanding his own healthcare plan be implemented.

Joe's new theory is that the GOP success at all levels of government is due to campaigning  against Obamacare.

Is he predicting Democrats will win legislative seats since the GOP failed to repeal Obamacare.?

Meacham said John Roberts saved Obamacare.

Minnesota man said that only 8 incumbents lost seats in Congress in 2016, so don't expect a massive change in Congress in 2018.

Meacham said people want more medical procedures done, so market based approach is not efficient. No one will turn down an MRI.

Next block has 2 people complaining about tax reform. Tax cuts for corporations will not trickle down to workers.

Another panelists said that Trump should stop attacking GOP Senators like Flake.

Lynette was mad that Tillerson cut staff at Exxon even though they had a lower tax rate. Lynette forgot about the collapse of oil prices over the past 8 years.

Joe is rambling about Trump letting Goldman Sachs people into his administration. Joe forgot that he applauded Trump for hiring these people in January because it would stabilize the cabinet.

• Love 1

OK on today's repeat. Although I would have rather seen Willie or someone filling in. There was a lot of North Korea to discuss as they did on CNN.

I loved the (new?) voices of Linnette Lopez and Brad Thor. So rare to have fresh opinions on MJ.

And, ugh, Joe reminding us that w squirmed around debate questions whining, "it's hard".

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

I enjoyed the long interview with Chris Christie. Christie said his biggest mistake as governor was hiring the people who were convicted in Bridgegate.

Christie attacked Cruz for not supporting aid for Hurricane Sandy in 2012. Cruz said it was filled with pork aid for other pet projects. Christie said no.

Christie said it helps when President shows up after the disaster in 2012. It gets the bureaucrats focused.

He said he would welcome Obama again even though he was campaigning against him in 2012 as a surrogate.

Mika got angry with Christie when he said that Trump was fit to be President. Christie aid birtherism was stupid.

Christie reminded Mika that Trump was elected President & people knew what they were getting when they voted for him.

Christie said that he would not appoint himself to the US Senate if Menendez is convicted.

Joe wondered if was a witch hunt against Menendez. Christie wasn't sure.

Morning Joe hasn't really covered this issue. If Menendez is replaced by a GOP Senator, that would give them 53 votes in the Senate.

Joe said that Ted Stevens was subject to a witch hunt.

Christie said there are no flawless leaders.

Joe said that Trump does not understand checks & balances.

Mika giggled throughout the interview.

Christie took several shots at Ted Cruz.

I wonder if Trump will give him a job when he leaves office in NJ. ?

7 hours ago, stormy said:

OK on today's repeat. Although I would have rather seen Willie or someone filling in. There was a lot of North Korea to discuss as they did on CNN.

I loved the (new?) voices of Linnette Lopez and Brad Thor. So rare to have fresh opinions on MJ.

And, ugh, Joe reminding us that w squirmed around debate questions whining, "it's hard".

I like seeing new faces on Morning Joe. I am convinced that Barnicle is still on the show because he has Red Sox season tickets that Joe needs for the baseball playoffs.

Edited by oakville

Watching BBC World.

They had a promo for BBC News and it was Katty Kay, walking around and up and down stairs at the brisk pace, while talking about why you should watch BBC News.

Seemed more youthful and energetic.  Maybe it's being filmed while on the move.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Watching BBC World.

They had a promo for BBC News and it was Katty Kay, walking around and up and down stairs at the brisk pace, while talking about why you should watch BBC News.

Seemed more youthful and energetic.  Maybe it's being filmed while on the move.

There was a big scandal earlier this summer about the salaries that the BBC paid their top female & male broadcasters. The males earn a lot more money than the females even if they have lower ratings. Katty didn't even make the list of the top female salaries. She must be pretty upset

I wonder if Katty will switch to MSNBC where American viewers can consider her to be a UK expert.

• Love 1

Tuesday Recap. Today's show is live. It's dark color day on Morning Joe. Mika is dressed in a black top. Joe is wearing a navy blue suit. First topic was Korea. It took till 6 02 am for Joe to blame Trump for inflaming tensions with South Korea by threatening a trade war. David said that Trump is frustrated with South Korea & North Korea.

Kim is rebuffing any negotiations with the USA. Sanctions aren't working.

North Korea will let the people starve, so they don't care about their people.

Binary choice is live with a nuclear North Korea . Joe said the foreign policy community will live with a nuclear North Korea. The west coast would be vulnerable to a nuclear attack by Korea.

Haass likes the idea of a missile defense system.

Joe said he could sell the technology to Isis. This would be bad.

Joe said no one is facing reality. joe is naming west coast cities that will be destroyed.

David doesn't like the word binary.

Mika is quiet.

No one wants to discuss military options. David wants to use technology to disable their missiles.

Heilemann is on the panel. The USA lived with deterrence during the cold war.

Everyone wonders what China will do to North Korea. Will they cut off oil to North Korea?.

Mika thinks that Trump is an unstable at Kim. Mika thinks Trump is unhinged. Mika said "some say" . LOL.

She didn't have anything to say either than Trump is crazy after the 15 minute segment.

Joe blamed Obama for invading Libya. Gaddafi gave up weapons & got killed. Pakistan was smart to keep nuclear weapons. They were allowed to keep Bin Ladin.

Haas said the USA could fire a pre emptive attack on a missile site.

The next topic was DACA. Mika started shouting Transgender for some reason. Mika called Trump a bully.

Joe realized that the Executive Order is not permanent. Joe trashed Congress for going on twitter & complaining about DACA. It's Congress's job to legislate immigration law.

Joe wants Congress to vote on fixing DACA. They should stop whining & vote.

Harold Ford Jr showed up. He is wearing a black suit.

I wonder if the panel is attending a funeral after the show. ?. Perhaps it is for Megyn Kelly's career at NBC?

Mika said it was nice for Trump to visit the Harvey victims in Texas.

Joe doesn't know why Trump spent the summer attacking McConnel, Mccain & every other GOP leader.

• Love 1

Joe said that Trump should go do relief work in Houston for a month. Leave legislating to the professionals.

Joe is excited about Jeff Flake challenging Trump in 2020.

They showed the clip of Trump bragging about his big hands in Houston. Joe said his hands are big for a 9 year old.

Mika reaction shot was hilarious.

Trump botched the handing over of a bucket to a pickup truck driver.

• Love 2

I enjoyed the long interview with Chris Christie. Christie said his biggest mistake as governor was hiring the people who were convicted in Bridgegate.

I heard this while heading out for the 3 day weekend.  Almost drove off the turnpike.  Giant balls, CC has.  It's weird, now that we have dealt with Trump CC sounds reasonable and even keel.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, stormy said:

LOL  trump in Houston doing good for a month. Joe that was hilarious. The video of him "helping" was priceless.

Morning Joe did not want to show the clips  that were airing on MSNBC of Trump playing with kids & answering questions from a flood victim in Houston. 

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Morning Joe did not want to show the clips  that were airing on MSNBC of Trump playing with kids & answering questions from a flood victim in Houston. 

Probably because it's dumb to think that just because he pulls his crazy shit together for a few hours and manages to not throw up all over himself or insult someone he's suddenly become a president. Good for them.

• Love 17

It was so phony. He put a box in the back of a pick up truck and handed someone a Styrofoam tray of food.  Right up there with Paul Ryan's fake dish washing at a homeless shelter.  What a humanitarian!!!

I want nothing bad to happen to anyone in FL or anywhere, with the oncoming Hurricane Irma. But I find it deliciously ironic that somebody's golf club estate is in the path.  "Good luck!!" 

Wonder how many of his employees at Mar A Lago and other clubs are DACA recipients.  Maybe he can get some of his white nationalist fan boys to bus tables and pick up trash. 

• Love 13

That is a lot of vodka at the table.   The venue is absolutely beautiful, but the suits and ties, and water bottles, and pre-purchased packaged sandwiches seems incongruous.  It's like this whole thing was thrown together as an afterthought.  I guess it's a rental and not a family home.

There are no pitchers on the table.  No ice.  No mixers for the vodka.   No bowls of lemons.  No platters of food.  It's more like a corporate lunch than a family having fun... which is not to say that it wasn't fun.