Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe said at the very least, showing up in Texas helps get the bureaucracy moving.

Barnicle said FEMA is doing a good job. They are co ordinating well with the state & local agencies. However, they could break down in a few weeks.

• Love 1

Mattis is putting a freeze on Trump's transgender ban in the military.

Joe said Trump is feeding the right wing fringe red meat with the transgender ban.

joe said Trump cares about China & Japan & immigration are ripping off America

• Love 1

Joe made a good point about politics in the USA falling apart since Kennedy went after Bork. Barnicle said the problem started with the rise of Newt Gingrich. Barnicle forgot that Joe was elected in 1994 with the rise of Newt. Joe said Kennedy should not have complained about Bork promoting back alley abortions.

Joe said the left has 33% support for George W Bush being behind 9/11. The right has 33% that support Clinton murdering people in Arkansas. I think he means that there are 2 groups of extremes & a middle 33% that decide elections.

It is important to demonize your opponents.

Noah said that Trump enjoys angering the Liberal base. It gets the Trump base riled up & passionate about voting.

Eddie Glaude showed up. He wants more urban planning in Houston. Joe is worried about higher insurance premiums in flood zones.

• Love 1

Joe is a rude SOB. It's absolutely unacceptable for him to verbally slap Mika's hand on national TV.

I would be humiliated if my husband did that to in front of one person let alone millions of people.

Christ, Mika. I hope she ripped him a new one off air.

• Love 3

Joe I'm pretty sure the bureaucracy was moving just fine without Trump. 

Because if we know anything at all about this Administration, it's a fine tuned machine with a genius at the helm that gets shit done. 

36 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe made a good point about politics in the USA falling apart since Kennedy went after Bork. Joe said Kennedy should not have complained about Bork promoting back alley abortions.

I don't even know what that means. Politics did not fall apart in the USA.  Go back and read books by John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, etc if you want to see how gentile politics were in the  early years of the country.(sarcasm) 

Bork was awful, and if Joe doesn't want an abortion, then he doesn't have to have one.   Ted Kennedy was standing up for women's reproductive rights. Joe can fuck off. 

"Judge Bork's famous statement that serving on the Supreme Court would be an "intellectual feast" -- was the notion created by his testimony that justices' primary role is to wage a war of intellect and ideology divorced from any concern for the real-world impact of their rulings." - Washington Post Letter to Editor June 7 2009. 

• Love 8

I wish Mika wouldn't read the text of articles written by other people, especially when she tries to infuse them with gravitas.   She reminds me of some of the worst teachers I ever had, standing before the class, book in hand, striving for that elusive you-could-hear-a-pin-drop moment.

• Love 4

Joe made a good point about politics in the USA falling apart since Kennedy went after Bork.

Yeah...that would be the Bork that did Richard Nixon's bidding in carrying out the infamous Saturday Night Massacre, right? Sure. He would have been a fine addition to the Supreme Court.

The whole Bork thing is such a tiresome right-wing trope. It's not surprising that Joe spouts it.

Joe said the left has 33% support for George W Bush being behind 9/11.

That's absurd. Take a look at who the biggest 9/11 truther is - why it's Donald Trump's buddy Alex Jones! Hardly a left-winger.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Joe I'm pretty sure the bureaucracy was moving just fine without Trump. 

Because if we know anything at all about this Administration, it's a fine tuned machine with a genius at the helm that gets shit done. 

I don't even know what that means. Politics did not fall apart in the USA.  Go back and read books by John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, etc if you want to see how gentile politics were in the  early years of the country.(sarcasm) 

Bork was awful, and if Joe doesn't want an abortion, then he doesn't have to have one.   Ted Kennedy was standing up for women's reproductive rights. Joe can fuck off. 

"Judge Bork's famous statement that serving on the Supreme Court would be an "intellectual feast" -- was the notion created by his testimony that justices' primary role is to wage a war of intellect and ideology divorced from any concern for the real-world impact of their rulings." - Washington Post Letter to Editor June 7 2009. 

Joe has made it very clear that he is anti abortion. Mika is also pro life but is usually pretty quiet about it.

Barnicle started talking about politics demonizing the other side began in 1994 with Newt. Joe immediately blew up & blamed Ted Kennedy for demonizing Justice Bork . Joe realizes that he would have never been elected to Congress in that district if it had not been for Newt Gingrich's wave election in 1994. It's hilarious because Joe's goal over the past few years has to become the new Kennedy by changing his clothes , hair & vacationing in Nantucket. He thinks he's cool because he is engaged to a princess of the Democratic elite & has left the GOP.

To paraphrase LLoyd Bentsen:

" Joe , I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was my friend, you Joe are no Jack Kennedy."

3 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Yeah...that would be the Bork that did Richard Nixon's bidding in carrying out the infamous Saturday Night Massacre, right? Sure. He would have been a fine addition to the Supreme Court.

The whole Bork thing is such a tiresome right-wing trope. It's not surprising that Joe spouts it.

That's absurd. Take a look at who the biggest 9/11 truther is - why it's Donald Trump's buddy Alex Jones! Hardly a left-winger.

I think it's fascinating to watch Joe revert to being the old fashioned GOP blowhard on occasion.

He keeps forgetting that his new meal ticket is being a Trump basher.

The show can't start anymore without Joe or Mika bashing Trump about anything.

I am surprised they didn't attack Melania for wearing high heels to go on Air Force 1.

• Love 1

Barnicle started talking about politics demonizing the other side began in 1994 with Newt. Joe immediately blew up & blamed Ted Kennedy for demonizing Justice Bork . 

This is utter horseshit to the nth degree.   Example - Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

"The Founding Mudslingers - Edward J. Larson (winner of 1998 Pulitzer Prize in History)

10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe has made it very clear that he is anti abortion. Mika is also pro life but is usually pretty quiet about it.

And I'm anti idiots.

Joe was back to "people who don't agree with me are living in their mother's basement eating Cheetoh's" again this morning.

Joe, my mother died in 1998, I never lived in her basement and I wouldn't eat Cheetoh's on a bet.  Fuck the fuck off. 

• Love 10

This is utter horseshit to the nth degree.   Example - Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

"The Founding Mudslingers - Edward J. Larson (winner of 1998 Pulitzer Prize in History)

And I'm anti idiots.

Joe was back to "people who don't agree with me are living in their mother's basement eating Cheetoh's" again this morning.

Joe, my mother died in 1998, I never lived in her basement and I wouldn't eat Cheetoh's on a bet.  Fuck the fuck off. 

Agreed. Joe is going back to a list of his greatest hits

Joe loves to call critics Cheetos eating basement dwellers.

16 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Good.

I think it's hilarious. They should have a counter at the bottom of the screen each morning to keep track of the number of insults they hurl at Trump every show.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, stormy said:

Joe is a rude SOB. It's absolutely unacceptable for him to verbally slap Mika's hand on national TV.

I would be humiliated if my husband did that to in front of one person let alone millions of people.

The last big fight between Joe & Mika occurred right before they left for France for their engagement.

Will Mika get any jewelry as a result of Joe's latest outburst?

• Love 2

I wouldn't. I would be so pissed off I would walk off the set and tell him, "you'll see my ass again when you apologize to me ON AIR. And I'd probably throw that ring at him and hopefully hit him in his squinty little eyes. 

RATINGS!!! 

• Love 1

I wouldn't. I would be so pissed off I would walk off the set and tell him, "you'll see my ass again when you apologize to me ON AIR. And I'd probably throw that ring at him and hopefully hit him in his squinty little eyes. 

RATINGS!!! 

Clearly Mika does not mind Joe cutting her off or being rude -- otherwise, she would not have fallen for him, because he does those things on occasion.  I thought today's exchange was especially snarky because it was a line that had been used about how close and connected they are (that they finish one another's sentences).  

It felt to me like Mika was mad for the rest of the show -- or at least a good while.  She got quiet.  I may be projecting.  

Later in the show, he also made fun of how she described someone's response as beautiful or something, and she clearly did not like that.  By the end, she was texting and then mocked Joe with the airport landing thing that he has done to her.  Definitely felt like they were fighting today.

Edited by Mmtx2002
  • Love 3

I actually enjoyed Joe snapping at Mika.   She tried to finish his sentence with her own comments that weren't where he was going with his thought and he corrected her.   She definitely had an attitude after that moment.  It wasn't as bad as when he called her a snob but you could definitely feel the tension lol.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, millennium said:

I wish Mika wouldn't read the text of articles written by other people, especially when she tries to infuse them with gravitas.   She reminds me of some of the worst teachers I ever had, standing before the class, book in hand, striving for that elusive you-could-hear-a-pin-drop moment.

Nailed it! (As usual.) Willie and a couple of the others from time to time have commented/inserted "Don't read the whole thing" so obviously they don't care for it either. I wonder how often they hear about that later.

Thursday Recap. Mika is wearing a bright red top & a black cardigan. Joe got a haircut & is wearing a red tie. Joe said a new poll shows Trump is doomed. He spoke with his friends in Pensacola & Alabama. They agreed that Trump is tearing the country apart. Trump approval is at 41% according to Fox. 56% said Trump is tearing apart the country. Joe said Trump is getting anything done. Joe wants Trump to act Presidential.

They had to report on an exploding chemical plant in Texas. More flooding in East Texas.

Katty Kay looked lovely in a light blue oxford cut shirt. ! Meacham is there..

I watched Fox News last night & they said that Pelosi & Mcconnel's approval rating was much lower than Trump.

• Love 2

They showed a clip of Trump voters in Pittsburgh. It was very interesting. They complained about Trump's tweeting. He was his own worst enemy. He has to act professional. Joe said his friends agreed with the focus group.

Joe said this reminds him of the focus group in 2015 that supported Trump as one of us. Trump isn't acting professional not even Presidential.

• Love 1

Mika said Kelly is having trouble controlling Trump. Joe said people are exhausted with Trump being on TV every day. I agree with Joe.

Halperin said there is more news on Russia. It will put pressure on Trump.

Trump does not have the power to pardon state crimes. Manafort could be charged by NY State. Mika mispronounced the Scooby voice of "Ruh Roe". It's like the dog that says Oh No!

Jonathan Lemire is the new panelist. He is interesting.

Schneiderman hates Trump so the panel is excited. He settled the Trump University lawsuit.

• Love 1

Mika & Joe are fighting again at 645 am. Joe called Trump a NY City Democrat who would not support a transgender ban. It's just a play for the right wing base. Joe doesn't believe that Trump wants a transgender ban. They let Mattis figure out the details so it won't really happen.

Joe made a good point that Trump is a day trader & by firing Comey it made things a lot worse with Muller investigating him. It's brilliant that Boy Diplomat Kurshner recommended firing Comey.

Mika said that Trump can't co ordinate anything. It's too much credit for Trump. He likes Hungry Hippo not Chess.

• Love 3

Joe's argument that the Democratic party would win more elections if it wasn't so leftist would make sense, except for the fact that the Democrats haven't run any candidate who could arguably be called a leftie since 1972. Even Dukakis was more of a mildly liberal technocrat.  In the last election, the party rejected a left candidate in favor of a pro-business centrist who gets foreign policy advice from Henry Kissinger and who once compared black children to wild dogs.  Some leftist.

If he means that the party needs to be less pro-choice - does he really think there are people who would vote Dem if only for the party's pro-choice platform? Come on.   The *hardcore* pro-life people usually agree with the GOP on a lot more other issues too. They ain't switching sides if in some fantasy world the Dems nominate Bob Casey for president.

Lol at Charlie whatshisface's snark that Mrs. Clinton is finally visiting Wisconsin...for her book tour, with Mika snarking back, how much is she charging for tickets?

• Love 1

I think Joe's strategy of calling Trump a Democrat is to allow him a chance to rejoin the GOP when Trump leaves the White House.

The focus group in 2015 was a warning to establishment GOP fans that they won't accept a Paul Ryan or Jen Bush led party.

I really wish Joe & Mika would take the Obama/Clinton sticks out of their collective butt.   I thought I could hold a grudge. JFC Joe you have more Obama envy than Trump.   

And the stuff about equal pay for women? Wonder why the GOP has a problem with women & minorities? There's a clue. Government overreach? Too much regulation?  I love how men think women don't need to be paid equally to them or be in charge of their own bodies.   Joe & Charlie Sykes can kiss my ass.   

Mika you sold whatever soul you had for a co hosting gig and a diamond ring. You should be ashamed to sit next to and marry that misogynist asshole. 

I think Joe's strategy of calling Trump a Democrat is to allow him a chance to rejoin the GOP when Trump leaves the White House.

It's obvious Joe is trying to ride both sides of the fence. I'm an independent, who basically still thinks like every other old rich white guy in the GOP.  Don't let the women and minorities have anything we've held onto with our decrepid ideology for the last 200 years. 

• Love 7

You can tell where Morning Joe's priorities are.

Huffington Post & CNN were both covering the Arkema Plant explosion  around 7:30 am while JoMika were blathering on about Trump voters finally realizing the guy they voted for was a fucking psychopath. 

Maybe hire a producer who has the balls to tell you "we need to break in and cover this plant explosion, we've got NBC people there ready to go". 

I think we can take five minutes from bashing Trump to discuss another disaster happening in Texas. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said people are exhausted with Trump being on TV every day. I agree with Joe.

So do I.   It's like brainwashing, or those movies about dystopian futures where broken people stare mindlessly at screens where the leader drones on endlessly about the superiority of the republic.   Try to imagine a week without Trump or Trump-related crises on TV.   Just a regular, sedate, slow-news week.   I think many would start to feel withdrawal symptoms.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, stormy said:

This morning, Mika responded "That's generous" to one of Scarborough's observations and he nearly took her head off.  "That's not generous!" he snapped.  "That's not generous at all.   What are you talking about?" or something to that effect. 

Mika withdrew.

I don't know if it's part of the schtick or what, but I can't imagine letting yourself be treated like that on national television.  I mean sure, couples have a certain back and forth in private and if it works for them, fine, but there are things you just don't do out in the open, let alone on TV.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, millennium said:

This morning, Mika responded "That's generous" to one of Scarborough's observations and he nearly took her head off.  "That's not generous!" he snapped.  "That's not generous at all.   What are you talking about?" or something to that effect. 

Mika withdrew.

Something's going on. Joe has been like a bear with a sore tail (one of my dear old Dad's greatest expressions) for the last week. 

What's wrong Joe?  You should be so happy! You tweeted that HAIM likes your song!!  

Won't Paul McCartney return your phone calls?  Madison Square Garden not booking the band for your tour? 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, millennium said:

Mika withdrew.

I don't know if it's part of the schtick or what, but I can't imagine letting yourself be treated like that on national television.  I mean sure, couples have a certain back and forth in private and if it works for them, fine, but there are things you just don't do out in the open, let alone on TV.

That was an interesting exchange. Mika and Katty were both pushing back on the idea that there is any sort of "coordinated strategy" between Trump and Mattis. It's like Joe is still clinging to this preposterous idea that Trump knows what he's doing in any possible way and that his chief cabinet members haven't recognized the futility of trying to follow his fumbling "lead" and are simply going it alone and making the best decisions they possible can to keep that orange asshole from getting us all killed.

Even the dimwitted voters in the focus group are catching on to reality. Come on, Joe, keep up!

• Love 8

They showed a clip of Trump voters in Pittsburgh. It was very interesting. They complained about Trump's tweeting. He was his own worst enemy. He has to act professional. Joe said his friends agreed with the focus group.

I enjoyed this video of the focus group.  It finally made me understand how Trump got elected.  It showed the entire gamut of reasons.  It also helped me understand how my boyfriend voted for him. Perhaps I'll start sleeping with him again (BF, not Trump) insert Comic Sans font here

Try to imagine a week without Trump or Trump-related crises on TV.   Just a regular, sedate, slow-news week.   I think many would start to feel withdrawal symptoms

I AM SO THERE.  I have come to rely on it. Its like if you tune in Sirius Channel 7 (the 70s) and they are playing Lil Wayne.  Does not jibe.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Try to imagine a week without Trump or Trump-related crises on TV.

It's hard not to hear about Trump related crises if you're at all connected via internet, or just have the tv on.

That's why in the evening I use Netflix as my escape if I'm home. I'm in Season 4 of 30 Rock. Narcos Season 3 starts tomorrow. There's only so much of 7 hours of rehashing the same story a sane person can take. 

I know MSNBC's ratings are dependent on them covering all things Trump, but unless he runs around the Rose Garden naked yelling "I DID IT I DID IT I COLLUDED WITH RUSSIA! WE HELPED THEM HACK VOTING MACHINES!" give it a little bit of a rest. 

This morning I had JoMika on I guess enough to hear Joe act like a total asshole. The rest of the time I watched the end of Skyfall. "Welcome to Scotland". 

I did like Halperin's comment about Mueller "he's a cyborg with a head, heart and brain". He is not going to stop.  Oh, you think you can pardon federal crimes?  I've got the NY Attorney General's subpoenas ready to send out. 

TWIST! 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 11

Try to imagine a week without Trump or Trump-related crises on TV.

Looks like this is wishful thinking. 

Benjamin Wittes tweeted at 4:36 am this morning - "It's going to be a long day. Buckle Up". 

He's James Comey's pal, the guy who tweets "Tick Tick Tick" every time something big is going to happen. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

Something's going on. Joe has been like a bear with a sore tail (one of my dear old Dad's greatest expressions) for the last week. 

What's wrong Joe?  You should be so happy! You tweeted that HAIM likes your song!!  

Won't Paul McCartney return your phone calls?  Madison Square Garden not booking the band for your tour? 

I would think they would be happy on air after spending time together with Mika's family in Maine.

The Matalin Carville shtick won't work with Mika & Joe because Mika backs down too quickly now.

Did anyone else see the Twitter fight between Professor Eddie Glaude & Joe this week? 

Joe got Eddie to back down on his position about Berkeley 

The problem with Morning Joe is that it can't handle any topics other than Trump now.

Did they even bother to have a scientist on to discuss the chemical explosion in Texas?

• Love 1

Did they even bother to have a scientist on to discuss the chemical explosion in Texas?

Unless they did after 8:30. I tweeted at Joe at 7:30 "The Arkema Plant exploded and CNN is covering it. You might want to take a break from the Trump BS and cover it". 

It's hard to type with cheetoh dust on your fingers. 

They mentioned it at 8:00 am but that was from the 6 AM show opening.  That it could go. Not that it had. 

• Love 2

Joe really really really annoyed me this morning.  I'm sick of him saying trump is a NY Democrat.  Just which of his policies are something Democrats push for - scuttle environmental regs?  scuttle consumer protection regs?  spend public money on private schools?  scuttle equal pay for equal work?  letting the mentally ill buy firearms?  more drilling on national park land?   I don't think there's one thing trump has done that a Democrat would do.  Face it he's ruling, and chomping at the bit, to rule as far right as he can.

And then for Joe to follow that with how President Obama changed everything Bush did - I just don't think that's right.  But it does seem trump is determined to obliterate anything President Obama did.

It was annoying listening to that focus group.  Sure go on and on about all the bad things of trump, not one of which should be a surprise, and say you don't regret your vote.

I'm also tired of hearing about where's the Democrats.  At this stage in the Obama presidency did any think trump would be the Republican nominee?  But oh my heavens who is gonna be the Democratic candidate in 3 years?  I want a name NOW!   Hey Joe and company maybe we should wait until after next year's midterms - that might give us some clues as to the direction the country will be going in.

Did I say Joe really really really annoyed me today?

• Love 10

I did like Halperin's comment about Mueller "he's a cyborg with a head, heart and brain". He is not going to stop.  Oh, you think you can pardon federal crimes?  I've got the NY Attorney General's subpoenas ready to send out. 

TWIST! 

Every time they mention the stone cold efficiency of Robert Mueller, it gives me great comfort. Now that NY Attorney General Schneiderman is involved, and I'll bet Preet Bharara is pitching in from the sidelines, I feel that there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Unless they did after 8:30. I tweeted at Joe at 7:30 "The Arkema Plant exploded and CNN is covering it. You might want to take a break from the Trump BS and cover it". 

It's hard to type with cheetoh dust on your fingers. 

They mentioned it at 8:00 am but that was from the 6 AM show opening.  That it could go. Not that it had. 

THIS . . . you are my hero . . .  I haven't watched much of the show this week and it sounds like I missed more of the same ole.  If I want to watch Harvey coverage I go to CNN, if I want an escape I go to HLN (especially S. E. Cupp's new show in the evening, love it).  If I want to ruin my morning I tune into MJ who according to ratings have had their best month in over a year which folks may attribute to Trump but I think just watching those two snipe at each other on the air and those strategically placed articles are fueling that particular rise in ratings (YMMV).

The even better news for them is that even before Megyn Kelly premiers next month there is also a dead panic about the show so when/if she bombs maybe these two will scamper off to network NBC and recreate SNL's "Morning Latte".

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, abbyzenn said:

I'm also tired of hearing about where's the Democrats.

I also tweeted to Joe that the Dems on the ground &  in Congress were able to stop the ACA repeal. 

If not for everyone yelling to the heavens at town halls and outside MOC's offices that they wanted to keep their healthcare, and Democratic members of Congress going on MSNBC complaining that they weren't allowed to see the bill, that it was bullshit and nothing but a way to have the $ to give the tax cuts.

I'd say that was pretty pretty good. 

I realize it took the three Republicans to actually stop it, but it was the groundswell that made those three realize how awful it was.

And McCain probably did it just to say Fuck You to Trump. "Dont like people who are captured, huh? How do you like this then?" 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I also tweeted to Joe that the Dems on the ground &  in Congress were able to stop the ACA repeal. 

If not for everyone yelling to the heavens at town halls and outside MOC's offices that they wanted to keep their healthcare, and Democratic members of Congress going on MSNBC complaining that they weren't allowed to see the bill, that it was bullshit and nothing but a way to have the $ to give the tax cuts.

I'd say that was pretty pretty good. 

I realize it took the three Republicans to actually stop it, but it was the groundswell that made those three realize how awful it was.

And McCain probably did it just to say Fuck You to Trump. "Dont like people who are captured, huh? How do you like this then?" 

I am struggling along with many of folks my age (60) to find a job let alone one that provides benefits.  Lord knows I am not alone and worse my heart breaks for younger folks that are struggling to find a foothold in our economy which in my day was easy if you were willing to show up and do a good job. My political leanings are moderate probably leaning a tad left but I would have voted for McCain back in 2008 if not for the Republicans sticking him with Palin.   I believe McCain for the most part votes for what he truly feels is the right thing to do earning the maverick label.   So I feel he honestly felt he did the right thing (and I completely agree) in tanking the repeal of the ACA and I more than wish him whatever joy he took in throwing down that wonderful thumbs down on camera as Trump will never, ever get over it.

5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Arkema Plant Explosion

This is cell phone footage from a couple who drove up to the plant, not realizing what had happened.  It's pretty rough. Looks like it took out part of an apartment complex, and apparently there's a park nearby where someone's grandchild was playing when it happened.  Near the complex that is. 

Oh goodness I hope this isn't true as I thought they had evacuated an area over a mile and half around the plant before it exploded but then again these a-holes won't release what chemicals may be leeched into the environment based on said "potential" explosions. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, abbyzenn said:

Joe really really really annoyed me this morning.  I'm sick of him saying trump is a NY Democrat.  Just which of his policies are something Democrats push for - scuttle environmental regs?  scuttle consumer protection regs?  spend public money on private schools?  scuttle equal pay for equal work?  letting the mentally ill buy firearms?  more drilling on national park land?   I don't think there's one thing trump has done that a Democrat would do.  Face it he's ruling, and chomping at the bit, to rule as far right as he can.

And then for Joe to follow that with how President Obama changed everything Bush did - I just don't think that's right.  But it does seem trump is determined to obliterate anything President Obama did.

It was annoying listening to that focus group.  Sure go on and on about all the bad things of trump, not one of which should be a surprise, and say you don't regret your vote.

I'm also tired of hearing about where's the Democrats.  At this stage in the Obama presidency did any think trump would be the Republican nominee?  But oh my heavens who is gonna be the Democratic candidate in 3 years?  I want a name NOW!   Hey Joe and company maybe we should wait until after next year's midterms - that might give us some clues as to the direction the country will be going in.

Sigh . . . I am tired of hearing billionaires being classified with a particular party as for the most part they vote/lobby/strongarm for whatever is in their best interests.  Back in the day of "old money" it was much clearer but now with all this mindboggling "new money" who knows?  There are many that are trying to use their wealth to help those that are less fortunate but then there are those that use their wealth (Peter Thiel tanking Gawker (and for the record shame on them for outing him but there was a better way of handling it).  I am a Mark Cuban fan as opposed to Zuckerberg if that makes sense.  

6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I'm watching more of it. This is awful.  Around 6:40 mark they get up to the complex. The whole front of it is blown out. Houses across the street were hit a roof is collapsed. 

When the footage was posted no one knew it was the plant yet.  I don't even know if any networks have anyone there, as they're all in Houston, etc.  

Rachael Maddow was all over this last night.  With the ratings she has been enjoying, I am hoping it will shine a light on this terrible situation and how the company has been handling it.

10 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

With the ratings she has been enjoying, I am hoping it will shine a light on this terrible situation and how the company has been handling it.

I sent the footage to her, just in case. I'm sure her staff saw it on the C&L web site. (where I got it) 

• Love 1

Joe tells us this morning that he spends a lot of time on the phone talking to friends and family about fat ass. He's very busy.

The Peter Hart focus group may say they hate the tweets but  those that voted for him, say they're sticking with him. Blech!

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4

Oh, great day in the morning, Meek-a!  You're actually "disappointed" because your former friend, the Princess Royal/Czarina, agreed with her daddy that the Obama-era equal pay proposal for large corporations was scrapped?  Really?  Excuse me while I give myself the classic Captain Picard face palm because by now you should know better.

With all due respect, what did Meek-a actually expect?  Honestly?  Ivanka knows where her bread is buttered and the idea that this overly exalted, self-important woman had any say in policy whatsoever has to be one of the biggest hoaxes I've ever seen.  The last time I checked, she wasn't elected to do anything and it still astounds me that people are "disappointed" that she doesn't have all this sway over her father's policies (such as they are).

She's a con artist just like her daddy, just wrapped in a prettier, surgically enhanced package.  Meek-a, gurl, you got played--albeit with your permission!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, oakville said:

The Matalin Carville shtick won't work with Mika & Joe because Mika backs down too quickly now.

This is just a hunch on my part, but I get the feeling that off the air, Mika is more dominant in their relationship, and Joe has to back down. Then he gets his revenge on air.

Edited by cased
typo
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

If I want to ruin my morning I tune into MJ who according to ratings have had their best month in over a year which folks may attribute to Trump but I think just watching those two snipe at each other on the air and those strategically placed articles are fueling that particular rise in ratings (YMMV).

I think in the next few weeks, there may be a barrage of Mika/Joe publicity to coincide with the 10th anniversary of MJ. It was already mentioned that there is a CBS Sunday morning show feature upcoming, and on yesterday's show, Mika happened to mention that they had been doing a lot of interviews in the last couple of weeks.

I am sure that Joe also sees this as a way to get more publicity for his music.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

It's hilarious that a show that obsesses over a horse race politics & polls wants an immediately declare the 2018 race over or the 2020 race Democratic Nominee be selected now.

I am amused at so called experts like Chuck Todd that had no clue that Trump could win an electoral college until 11 pm on election night.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Arkema Plant Explosion

This is cell phone footage from a couple who drove up to the plant, not realizing what had happened.  It's pretty rough. Looks like it took out part of an apartment complex, and apparently there's a park nearby where someone's grandchild was playing when it happened.  Near the complex that is. 

C & L website has noted the cell phone footage is from the 2013 explosion in West, Texas not the Arkema plant. They have added an editor's note to the story and taken down that footage.

• Love 2