Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Let's all rub our hands together with glee anticipating the fallout tomorrow from Trumps' nominee/physician-who-thinks-Trump's-in-great-shape. 

I say in order to be more welcoming we raise a glass in toast . . . er . . . . never mind.  Poor thing was just on MSNBC and he doesn't seem to realize he's been run over by the Trump train.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Kemper, I was a bit concerned but Cased posted photos from an Instagram account of the two of them over the weekend and they both looked just fine.  Maybe he is having issues in his personal life but to be honest who hasn't and we all still manage to make it into work every day and show up prepared and not like something the cat just dragged in.

My guess is that he is spending time with his kids at his CT house before his house sells and before he gets married (assuming the wedding actually happens). The bigger question is why did he buy a house to begin with that was too far away from work for him to make it to work. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cased said:

My guess is that he is spending time with his kids at his CT house before his house sells and before he gets married (assuming the wedding actually happens). The bigger question is why did he buy a house to begin with that was too far away from work for him to make it to work. 

The same reason anyone buys an overpriced mansion in New Canaan -- to prove to himself that he's a success.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I turned it on and was blinded by the platinum hair of Mika and that author.  For a minute I thought I had on an episode of Game of Thrones and they were White Walkers. 

Then she starts talking about "I was sleeping upstairs and Joe had to get coffee. You don't expect me to do that", and I was blind and nauseous. 

For God's sake Mika, shut the fuck up.  

I just looked it up to see who you were talking about (I missed this, I'm totes going to watch it soon though after this journey), and it was Joanna Coles. What in the world is a 55 year old with a long-time husband doing writing a book about dating and love in the digital age? She's never used a dating app in her life. Presumably.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, millennium said:

The same reason anyone buys an overpriced mansion in New Canaan -- to prove to himself that he's a success.

Or to keep his wife (at the time) far enough away, so as not to get in the way of him and Mika. 

• Love 2

Or he knows he can buy a house anywhere because he doesn't have to commute to work.  Bunkers!  Just walk over (or bike/moped) to wherever and grab a microphone.  Easy peasy.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cased said:

Or to keep his wife (at the time) far enough away, so as not to get in the way of him and Mika. 

Having an affair is the other go-to cliche among "successful" men.   They tell themselves they've earned it, that they deserve a better/younger woman.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, millennium said:

I think he i selling the house at a loss. Is the New Canaan real estate market in bad shape?

Tuesday Recap. Joe is in the Bunker. Mika has the morning off. She is under the weather. Willie is in NY. KC gets a lighting intro. David Ignatius, Susan Del Percio & Steve Israel.

First topic is Macro & Trump Bromance. They played some old french songs.

Next topic. Trump's doctor drinks on the job & is unqualified to be VA Secretary. Joe said TRump should stop picking people fr his cabinet based on who he watches on TV.

Joe forgot that he recommended Harold Ford Jr on TV for the cabinet & Richard Haas for Secretary of State.

Trump's cabinet is filled with Swampy people.

• Love 4

Joe said he was always ethical when dealing with lobbyists. Joe said he was very popular when he was in Congress.

A Gop congresswoman got elected by 5 points in a district won by 21 points. Joe said the GOP is doomed!.

A democrat won the key assembly seat in Suffolk County Long Island. The seat was held by the GOP since 1978. It is a bellweather according to Joe.

Vander Hei said the Democrats could win back the Senate. Cruz is in trouble in Texas.

Joe said that Democrats lost 1000 seats during the Obama administration.

KC got to talk for the second time after 40 minutes.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think he i selling the house at a loss. Is the New Canaan real estate market in bad shape?

Depends on how long he has owned the house, but yeah, the New Canaan and Fairfield County market for big homes is not great. A lot of the suburban Fortune 500 companies (ie., GE) whose execs bought these houses have disappeared. Younger people with money prefer big houses with no property in more urban environments, closer to highways and railways to NYC.

(I live in Fairfield County, but not in New Canaan.)

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Depends on how long he has owned the house, but yeah, the New Canaan and Fairfield County market for big homes is not great. A lot of the suburban Fortune 500 companies (ie., GE) whose execs bought these houses have disappeared. Younger people with money prefer big houses with no property in more urban environments, closer to highways and railways to NYC.

(I live in Fairfield County, but not in New Canaan.)

I think Joe has owned the house for about 10 years

I imagine one must be in top physical health every day to sit at a desk and breathlessly read words written by others.  All that nodding must take a toll too, along with the stress that goes with knowing when to purse your lips, interject "umm" or just echo what is being said by other people in the room.   And let's face it, $4 million a year is hardly sufficient incentive to show up when you're feeling less than one hundred per cent.

• Love 10

"Why does he need it?  I wouldn't do it...I wouldn't do it, to be abused by a bunch of politicians.  Why does he need this?"  YES TRUMP WHY DO YOU NEED THIS WHY DO YOU DO IT?? RESIGN!! RESIGN!! It's disheartening to be my age, in the shower, screaming at my cellphone playing MJ. I don't ever remember screaming over Obama, or Bush, even.

A Gop congresswoman got elected by 5 points in a district won by 21 points. Joe said the GOP is doomed!.

I didn't understand how suddenly this got extrapolated to the Republicans are going to lose BOTH houses?  Why all of a sudden is it the Senate too?  I've never heard that before.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4

I can't with Scarborough and the cute bald raconteur (who is a resolute ideological conservative activist, lest we forget) about Harry Reid being the actual true evil in all of politics.  Jesus.
OUT!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

I can't with Scarborough and the cute bald raconteur (who is a resolute ideological conservative activist, lest we forget) about Harry Reid being the actual true evil in all of politics.  Jesus.
OUT!

Aww c'mon, you gotta love that sweater (just kidding, I know Podhoretz is more than an acquired taste.  Most times I ignore him but his (sometimes) sense of humor keeps me around).

16 minutes ago, millennium said:

It made me feel queasy, like watching an older man around a teenage girl.   I don't know.

I was just thinking enough with this state visit and montages.  It's always tough to watch Trump but yesterday was beyond the pale (except that great shot of Macron kissing his wife's hand and the glare between Trump and Melania is priceless).

• Love 2

Podhoretz makes me laugh, but his avuncular charm is deceptive. 
He and Joe just road graded and "whatabouted" Heidi's big scoop on what Harry Reid knew about Russia hacking and what GOP officials knew.
Joe:  "Bbbut but but but Harry Reid.  Harry Reid?  Come on.  All of the problems on earth can be traced back to him using the nuclear option in the Senate."

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I didn't understand how suddenly this got extrapolated to the Republicans are going to lose BOTH houses?  Why all of a sudden is it the Senate too?  I've never heard that before.

Trump won that district by 20. The Republican won it by 6 last night. It is redder than the reddest red. For a Dem to come that close is really something.  Beto O'Rourke is almost tied with Ted Cruz in TX. Dems only need to take three seats and they take back the Senate.  It's showing Dems  they do have a very good chance, so the DNC will get better fund raising and will be able to help these candidates.  

And that clip of Mulvaney  saying he only talks to lobbyists that give him money is going to kill  Republicans.   

8 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

He and Joe just road graded and "whatabouted" Heidi's big scoop on what Harry Reid knew about Russia hacking and what GOP officials knew.
Joe:  "Bbbut but but but Harry Reid.  Harry Reid?  Come on.  All of the problems on earth can be traced back to him using the nuclear option in the Senate."

As will this.  GOP on Intel committees knew what was going on, but McConnell told Obama he'd scream Partisan politics to the heavens, that he was trying to sway the election to Hillary, if he tried to tie Trump to the Russians.  Now we are finding out Harry was right.

And Joe can "what about" and blubber and whatever.  The chickens are coming home Joe... and I don't mean the ones Mika tortures on her Know Your (Future Husband's) Value videos. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

"Why does he need it?  I would do it...I wouldn't do it, to be abused by a bunch of politicians.  Why does he need this?"  YES TRUMP WHY DO YOU NEED THIS WHY DO YOU DO IT?? RESIGN!! RESIGN!! It's disheartening to be my age, in the shower, screaming at my cellphone playing MJ. I don't ever remember screaming over Obama, or Bush, even.

VanderHei is overly dramatic. He is still mad that his book on Stephen Bannon was a flop. VanderHei should look at all the Senate seats up for grabs.  Don’t see how Indiana & Montana stay Democratic. 

5 minutes ago, oakville said:

Don’t see how Indiana & Montana stay Democratic. 

You haven't seen the batshit insanity running for Senate on the Republican ticket. One is worst than the next.  Donnelly is conservative enough. 

Todd Rokita, one of them, is referred to by the press in Indiana, on the record, as "a jerk".  In the Indianapolis Star, on "Indiana Week in Review" on our local PBS station.  The three of them running  for the seat are fighting over who is more like Trump.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, oakville said:

First topic is Macro & Trump Bromance. They played some old french songs.

Aw, am I the only one who liked this segment? I saw it on the 8:00 rerun. First, any time someone uses "La Vie en Rose" as the background song, I'm in. Second, any time someone makes Trump look hypocritical/goofy/whatever, I'm in.

But the bit with the dandruff? That had to be Trump reverting to his John-Wayne-alpha-male thing, right? I still remember a segment (we're going back decades now) of Trump on the Larry King Show. In the middle of something King was saying, Trump said "You have bad breath." King was startled, and then (if I'm remembering this correctly), Trump said that was a technique to win an advantage over an opponent. Such a nice guy . . .

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

You haven't seen the batshit insanity running for Senate on the Republican ticket. One is worst than the next.  Donnelly is conservative enough. 

Todd Rokita, one of them, is referred to by the press in Indiana, on the record, as "a jerk".  In the Indianapolis Star, on "Indiana Week in Review" on our local PBS station.  The three of them running  for the seat are fighting over who is more like Trump.  

Morning Joe used to have Senate candidates as guests. It was interesting to see new faces on tv. Now morning joe focuses on Barnicle & creepy Donnie Deutsch. Was Steve Israel allowed to say anything interesting while he was on the show?

i don’t know anything about Indiana other than it usually votes GOP.

Didnt Dionnelly beat a weak GOP candidate in 2012?

56 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Aw, am I the only one who liked this segment? I saw it on the 8:00 rerun. First, any time someone uses "La Vie en Rose" as the background song, I'm in. Second, any time someone makes Trump look hypocritical/goofy/whatever, I'm in.

But the bit with the dandruff? That had to be Trump reverting to his John-Wayne-alpha-male thing, right? I still remember a segment (we're going back decades now) of Trump on the Larry King Show. In the middle of something King was saying, Trump said "You have bad breath." King was startled, and then (if I'm remembering this correctly), Trump said that was a technique to win an advantage over an opponent. Such a nice guy . . .

I watch the news in French from France. They were upset that Macron was friendly with Trump. It’s the top story in France.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, oakville said:

i don’t know anything about Indiana other than it usually votes GOP.

It's conservative in the outlying rural areas, and the wealthier bedroom communities, but Indianapolis is pretty liberal, believe it or not. We have a Dem controlled council and a Democratic mayor, who used to be a federal prosecutor.  My district got gerrymandered recently. Andre Carson was my Congressman, but after gerrymandering it's Susan Brooks. (shudder). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

According to the Twitter counter, this is Mika's 20th morning off in 2018.

At around 14 weeks so far this year, that's 1.7 days off a work week.  That extrapolates to 85 days off in a year, and 1/3 of all available work days.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

At around 14 weeks so far this year, that's 1.7 days off a work week.  That extrapolates to 85 days off in a year, and 1/3 of all available work days.

This makes me laugh. I wish I could do this at work. 

I wonder how many days Joe takes off.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

And that clip of Mulvaney  saying he only talks to lobbyists that give him money is going to kill  Republicans. 

Yes but it's going to take weeks to slap the smile off of my face . . . what a guy.

• Love 1

According to the Twitter counter, this is Mika's 20th morning off in 2018.

Can someone less lazy than I extrapolate this out--assume this tend will continue for the remainder of 2018, and come up with an HOURLY SALARY for Mika??!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I watch the news in French from France. They were upset that Macron was friendly with Trump. It’s the top story in France.

No surprise that the French would be angry.  I'm American and I'm pissed off.  Is Macron popular in France?

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Mika isn't unwell. She's getting her hair done and stuff. ?

I do think this was from Tuesday, though. It looks her Tuesday outfit.

• Love 1

Using 250 workdays / yr

4 hrs/ workday (FB Live doesn’t count!)

250- 83( 1/3 of 250)=167 ( days Mika works)

167x4=668 hrs a year

4 million a year in comp  

$5988 per hour

i think that’s right

• Love 7
On 4/24/2018 at 1:52 PM, teddysmom said:

I still think Mika makes him sleep outside in the barnyard and he goes after the salt lick. It would explain all the puffiness. 

The sans-glasses look really isn't helping him out any.

joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-atte

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

No surprise that the French would be angry.  I'm American and I'm pissed off.  Is Macron popular in France?

The railway unions are on strike. His popularity is in the 40s . It’s a different system with runoff election. Macron got 65% of the vote against the NationalFront which is run by marine Le Pen

• Love 1
4 hours ago, novhappy said:

Using 250 workdays / yr

4 hrs/ workday (FB Live doesn’t count!)

250- 83( 1/3 of 250)=167 ( days Mika works)

167x4=668 hrs a year

4 million a year in comp  

$5988 per hour

i think that’s right

Wow. This would appear to reveal her as quite the opportunist (in case there was any doubt). I almost feel bad for him. 

• Love 2
On 4/14/2018 at 12:25 PM, oakville said:

This is pretty stunning information. Perhaps, TMZ or Blind Gossip should be informed?

I find it very strange that Joe took his music off itunes. I can't play his songs anymore. Mika & Joe are so weird. It's not a normal cable co host duo.

I watch now for these clues into what's happening between this duo.

From what I gather there’s no way she’d ever throw him under the bus by contacting blind gossip or TMZ. She likes the guy for some reason and evidently she’s never said anything about him wearing leather. I once say someone post something on how she thinks he’s hot and never responded. I think he really liked the ego post because she’s cute and liked his music. She never implied he was having an affair and I agree he’s pretty sprung on Meeks. I can see him liking and responding to cute girls if they were fighting or something. I’ve checked out his music page when it had more traffic and it seemed he was running that page. He signed his name many times. One thing she told me that was interesting is that she told him her favorite song of his and he said  he would play it just for her.

also interesting: he’s now added Facebook messenger on both accounts and an email address. He stopped his music account messenger in February. So it’s interesting he’s making himself available to fans again. I truly think he got destroyed when he released that song for the women’s march and took his music down. I don’t know his FB/Instagram account well enough to know how many pics he likes on there of fans. The last thing she told me is that after he liked/loved/commented on her posts six times on FB/IG he implied he was taking a break. 

As gross as it may sound I think he’s pretty sexual and likes talking to cute girls 

• Love 2

This is from Brian Stelter's latest email blast (kind of a who wore it better battle for the morning cable news shows):

A birdie at MSNBC tells me that "Morning Joe" has Michael Avenatti booked at the same time as Trump on Fox... 8am ET...

• Love 4

Hoo boy, they are going all in on the Avenatti love this morning.  It just dawned on me, if he is on at 8am ET that means they have to be live for the entire three hours today.  I hope Mika rested well in preparation for this marathon.

• Love 5

I'm not going to be home to see Avenatti this morning  :(

Although I saw him with Lawrence last night, I figure he's the only one that can pull this show into alive status. I mean, Turley quoting Voltaire?

Edited by stormy
4 minutes ago, stormy said:

I'm not going to be home to see Avenatti this morning  :(

Although I saw him with Lawrence last night, I figure he's the only one that pull this show into alive status. I mean, Turley quoting Voltaire?

Stormy I'll post the link if it shows up on Mediaite which I am pretty sure it will.  I'll also try and find it on MSNBC's site but I don't always have great success with finding things there for some reason.

Should be an interesting interview and I wish I could remember which show I was watching but one of the pundit lawyers on CNN kind of inferred that Avenatti was playing fast and loose with something he said about Cohen's plea.  He usually doesn't let that stuff slide so I'll be interested to see if he addresses it.

• Love 1

I'm becoming more disgusted with the superficiality of the reporting and subject matter on this show lately.   They'd rather moon over Trump and Kanye West than discuss that Trump has just killed a 2016 law that protected transgender people from discrimination by doctors and hospitals.   Obama put the law in place, so that any doctor or institution who received any federal funding (virtually every medical provider out there) could not discriminate against transgender patients.  To appease conservative groups and a coalition of Catholic hospitals, the Trump administration has removed that protection.  Transgender people can now be turned away by medical providers who'd rather not deal with them.  

Then there's Ben Carson, who wants to triple the rents of low income people receiving HUD assistance ... 

But please, Morning Joe, tell us more about Stormy Daniels, Kanye and Twitter.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6