Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, Eliot said:

This was just embarrassing to watch. The only thing worse than having to watch/listen to Mika stumble and stammer through a simple news-read is watching her when she tries to do her "serious journalist" schtick.

Love watching Michael AvenHottie getting her all flustered. I swear she's posturing the way she is to try to impress him.

As a resident scholar in MB-MA Mating Ritual Studies, I'm sure that's what she is doing. Lol

19 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I thought she was married.  Besides he's dating me (in my dreams). 

??

ETA: A belated serious note. I found it interesting when Mika started talking about abuse taking more forms than just physical abuse.

Edited by XOQueens
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oakville, I think you need to go back to school and get your MR (Masters in Recapping).

Cute!

I would love to go back to college. I still have my textbooks. I bought my daughter the DVD of Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield.

• Love 1

Anybody else catch this exchange between Avenatti and Mika this morning? That maybe Broidy is taking one for the team and the $1.6 mil wasn't for his Playmate girlfriend but for someone else Cohen reps, ie Trump.  I didn't see it discussed here. This could be yuuuge. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/attorney-michael-avenatti-hints-1-6-million-abortion-payout-trump-not-gop-donor/

I just love how he makes a point of talking to Mika, and barely acknowledges Joe. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Anybody else catch this exchange between Avenatti and Mika this morning? That maybe Broidy is taking one for the team and the $1.6 mil wasn't for his Playmate girlfriend but for someone else Cohen reps, ie Trump.  I didn't see it discussed here. This could be yuuuge. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/attorney-michael-avenatti-hints-1-6-million-abortion-payout-trump-not-gop-donor/

I just love how he makes a point of talking to Mika, and barely acknowledges Joe. 

I was just reading this article Teddysmom.  I did remember the exchange but didn't understand it.  Wow-wee if he is right on this one.

And I will consider it a total miscarriage of justice if MJ doesn't play at least one clip from the high-larious hearings with Diamond and Silk today.  Just when you thought Congress couldn't go any lower they drag these two in front of the cameras (but yet another great TV moment today).

I must confess I don't get the Mika/Avenatti shipping, unless the idea is to mock Scarborough's boundless ego by characterizing him as a powerless cuckold.   I see nothing there but Mika's desperate desire to be relevant.   Her repeated interrogation about "other women" was embarrassing.   Avenatti is probably directing his comments to Mika because although he and Scarborough need each other at the moment, there is no mutual admiration.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, XOQueens said:

giphy.gif

Look at how much fun he is having. There is a definite twinkle in his eye. And Mika can barely contain herself.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Look at how much fun he is having. There is a definite twinkle in his eye. And Mika can barely contain herself.

An instant classic. Thank you for sharing  that, Another thing I noticed, keep your eyes on Willie. What caused his reaction? He was like "Nuh uh."

12 hours ago, millennium said:

I see nothing there but Mika's desperate desire to be relevant.

It's so blatant, isn't it?  She's such a useless tool at the table when Joe is there that when she finally gets the chance to act the part of a serious journalist, she of course, goes way overboard.  My observation is that Mika is constantly aware of the camera on her and responds accordingly, with her sit-com worthy facial expressions, sighs, etc.   ------     Maybe that's the deal the lovebirds have struck:  Mika can wear the pants in the family off camera, but on MJ she has to let Joey be the boss.  It was pure serendipity that she asked MA that ? "bombshell" question (last week?) about 'was Stormy physically threatened', and now she's the Avenatti whisperer by default because of that.  It must frost Joe's b@lls, so at least something good has come of it.

• Love 5

Well I see mom and dad are back to separate bedrooms.  Wow, what a difference a day makes in terms of Mika's clothing choices.  She went from fab to phooey.  You can tell Mr. AvenHottie isn't going to be joining them at the table today.

• Love 3

I really wish someone who knows how to do these things could get a count of how many days Joe has not been physically present in the studio since...well, I guess we could start with the beginning of the year.  One really could go back a couple of years - or to whenever the "bunkers" started.  I watch Chris Cuomo at the desk alongside his co-host (who he is not sleeping with); he is prepared, they both ask questions; he at least seems to care enough about his show to be present.  God, I would love to know who negotiated the Gold Dust Twin's contracts - unlimited days off and not having to actually appear in the studio for your own show.  Why doesn't a site like Mediaite do an article on this?  I am not being catty (well, maybe a little) but I truly would love to know why this show is structured the way it is.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

It's so blatant, isn't it?  She's such a useless tool at the table when Joe is there that when she finally gets the chance to act the part of a serious journalist, she of course, goes way overboard.  

Yes, that's what I see -- Mika is literally giddy at the prospect of eliciting another "bombshell" (which is funny because to an actual reporter the first "bombshell" would have been just business as usual).   It's why she made such an ass of herself on that set yesterday.   I forget the exact words, but as she kept badgering Avenatti about when he would bring forward the apocryphal "other women," Scarborough more or less said, "Jeez, Mika, give the guy a break, I know that in the Trump era we're used to new stories breaking every 13 minutes, but ..."  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

8:16 Am EST:  Mika insinuates that Michael Cohen has homosexual feelings for trump.  Yup.

She does know about having sexual feelings for the person who pay$ you. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I really wish someone who knows how to do these things could get a count of how many days Joe has not been physically present in the studio since...well, I guess we could start with the beginning of the year.  One really could go back a couple of years - or to whenever the "bunkers" started.  I watch Chris Cuomo at the desk alongside his co-host (who he is not sleeping with); he is prepared, they both ask questions; he at least seems to care enough about his show to be present.  God, I would love to know who negotiated the Gold Dust Twin's contracts - unlimited days off and not having to actually appear in the studio for your own show.  Why doesn't a site like Mediaite do an article on this?  I am not being catty (well, maybe a little) but I truly would love to know why this show is structured the way it is.

D

34 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Well I see mom and dad are back to separate bedrooms.  Wow, what a difference a day makes in terms of Mika's clothing choices.  She went from fab to phooey.  You can tell Mr. AvenHottie isn't going to be joining them at the table today.

The hotel we are staying at only gets CNN. Gordon Chang who is a frequent guest on Morning Joe  showed up to discuss the Peace summit in Korea. Cuomo said that Trump could get a Nobel Peace Prize. Cuomo said Obama got a prize for far less.

Is Joe back in his bunker?

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Wow, what a difference a day makes in terms of Mika's clothing choices.  She went from fab to phooey.  

I think she owns only three dresses.  And two of them are navy.

8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Cuomo said that Trump could get a Nobel Peace Prize. Cuomo said Obama got a prize for far less.

Are they giving out Nobel peace prizes now for threatening to rain nuclear destruction on oppressed nations?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Is Joe back in his bunker?

Yep he's in his bunker and Mika is wearing one of her navy blue dresses with an awful chiffon scarf (apologies in advance to those that may like it.  I don't care for pastels and I hate chiffon so between her and Donnie's choice of ties today it was a full on assault of my fashion senses says the woman sitting here in her robe and terry cloth flip flops). 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, stormy said:

Oh, boo hoo. I'm already sick of Michael Cohen. Until or unless he starts blabbing, I have no sympathy for him.

I am tired of hearing Donnie and Joe drone on about what a nice guy he is as he is the same guy that has done nothing but harass and threaten people for decades.  Cry more Cohen.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

I am tired of hearing Donnie and Joe drone on about what a nice guy he is as he is the same guy that has done nothing but harass and threaten people for decades.  Cry more Cohen.

Yeah. Does Joe not realize he's probably one of the Trump people who designed the blackmail threat against him and his fiancée and harassed their families?

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

8:16 Am EST:  Mika insinuates that Michael Cohen has homosexual feelings for trump.  Yup.

Eeeeoooooowwwww (but I can't imagine having any kind of feelings for him homosexual or otherwise).

2 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Yeah. Does Joe not realize he's probably one of the Trump people who designed the blackmail threat against him and his fiancée and harassed their families?

Heavens no, they wouldn't do that to them (completely ignoring the fact that Trump just completely shitcanned Cohen.  They would all happily turn on each other in the name of self preservation.  That's a real brain trust sitting around the table/bunker.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

OMG.  Blech. ?  I can't imagine how anyone has the feelz for tRump.  Yes I know, the  $$$$$ but there's not enough of that on the planet (or enough paper bags to put on his head) for me.

Wow, Meeka looked really really frumpy today, making yesterday's glammed up persona all that more glaring in comparison.  It will be interesting to see if she dolls herself up again the next time MA is on. 

Do they ever make reference to where Joe is, and why, when he's in his bunker?  This whole thing is getting tedious. 

• Love 3

I flipped to the TodayShow & they were discussing the latest sexual harassment allegations by a former nbcanchor against Tom Brokaw & MattLauer.

Did Mika mention this or will she try to get Brokaw to confront his accuser?

NBC looks bad if they don’t deal with this problem.

15 minutes ago, oakville said:

I flipped to the TodayShow & they were discussing the latest sexual harassment allegations by a former nbcanchor against Tom Brokaw & MattLauer.

Did Mika mention this or will she try to get Brokaw to confront his accuser?

NBC looks bad if they don’t deal with this problem.

Oakville I only caught a few segments of the show today but I would bet this won't come up until NBC decides to address this.  They should be ready as this has been floating around for quite a while but NBC has just done a horrible job addressing their work environment.

• Love 2

shitcanned 

Never heard this phrasology before.  It's useful!

Donny seems to be up in Cohen's ass.  Do they regularly brunch together? I was cringing when they were describing Cohen's pitious attempts to get Trump to attend Cohen's son's bar Mitzvah (mazel tov, by the way).  You know there are so many cases of people having unrealistic and unfounded loyalty to Trump.  I've never posted on this, but the Summer before the election I was having lunch with coworkers and one of them knew the lady sitting next to us and hadn't seen her in a few years. We had  been verbally grousing about Trump's election antics and the lady stated that her husband was a helicopter pilot for Trump and what a wonderful man he was and she said without a doubt, "He's going to win."  We were all mentally saying, "Bitch, please," but look what happened.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Oakville I only caught a few segments of the show today but I would bet this won't come up until NBC decides to address this.  They should be ready as this has been floating around for quite a while but NBC has just done a horrible job addressing their work environment.

I would be surprised if Joe said anything. He refused to comment on Halperin,Tavis Smiley or Harold Ford Jr. Joe used to defend Bill Cosby when the first charges were laid against him.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ali Velshi addressed it on MSNBC Live today, but it'll be interesting to see if any of that trickles back to the his-and-her bunkers.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Ali Velshi addressed it on MSNBC Live today, but it'll be interesting to see if any of that trickles back to the his-and-her bunkers.

I just hope it means that finally put that cow out to pasture and stop parking him on various shows and panels because he's a big bore (on top of apparently being a big perv).

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, teddysmom said:

HOLY SHIT  I think this will be the thing that takes it all down

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, 30rockaway said:

uk for another "this is football" 

Seriously?

32 minutes ago, stormy said:

Holy shit indeed. I wonder if that's why Avenatti got all Professor Dumbelldoor when he was on Erin Burnett the night before. He said "there are dark days ahead".  LOL

And from another franchise, "Winter is coming". 

• Love 2

I received a Twitter notification that "Mika" posted "My latest ---> [link to Joe's latest WaPo piece]," which must have been deleted in short order and then Joe posted the same thing under his correct Twitter handle.

I'm equally LOLing and cringing out that he is on her Twitter account enough to accidentally post to it.

Does he post as her often?

How fuckin' controlling, man.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika added her to a list of female NBC staffers that support Tom Brokaw. I wonder if Mika & Joe will let him appear on The show?

Did Mika do it or did Joe do it pretending to be Mika? ?

It’s quite likely that Brokaw did not harass Andrea Mitchell or Rachel Maddow or Mika. However, the journalist making the claim is well known.

I am very curious to see how Mika deals with this topic during her book tour.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

It’s quite likely that Brokaw did not harass Andrea Mitchell or Rachel Maddow or Mika. However, the journalist making the claim is well known.

I am very curious to see how Mika deals with this topic during her book tour.

Not to be Captain Obvious, but it irks me how Mika so often forgets her privilege. A man like Brokaw, or a man of a similar standing, of that generation, isn't going to harass Zbig Brzezinski's daughter. The currency of her father's last name changed the power dynamics for her in so many ways. If she came from a background similar to her first husband, it would be a totally different game. I really don't think she gets this. 

I don't think this book tour is going to be good to her, unless the new Trump tidbits she shares are just so scandalous it overshadows everything else (like, I've heard rumors for a long time he tried to move on her -- if something like that turns out to be true...). I don't think she thought any of this through, about how it looks for her to be championing equal pay and women's empowerment when her story in achieving equal pay was entirely built upon help from the boss she is marrying. If they had an affair, I hope she's prepared to talk about it, because I can't see it not coming up. I mean, someone is going to ask why Joe was so invested in helping her when he's fairly sexist to the majority of women passing through the set of Morning Joe.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Not to be Captain Obvious, but it irks me how Mika so often forgets her privilege. A man like Brokaw, or a man of a similar standing, of that generation, isn't going to harass Zbig Brzezinski's daughter. The currency of her father's last name changed the power dynamics for her in so many ways. If she came from a background similar to her first husband, it would be a totally different game. I really don't think she gets this. 

I don't think this book tour is going to be good to her, unless the new Trump tidbits she shares are just so scandalous it overshadows everything else (like, I've heard rumors for a long time he tried to move on her -- if something like that turns out to be true...). I don't think she thought any of this through, about how it looks for her to be championing equal pay and women's empowerment when her story in achieving equal pay was entirely built upon help from the boss she is marrying. If they had an affair, I hope she's prepared to talk about it, because I can't see it not coming up. I mean, someone is going to ask why Joe was so invested in helping her when he's fairly sexist to the majority of women passing through the set of Morning Joe.

I think her book tour would go as well as Joe's music career.  This is a great post xoqueens but I honestly think she thinks she earned her place on MJ and that their affair had nothing to do with it and projects that blissful attitude onto their audience.  Good luck on the road Mika but if I were you I would stay home and count my money and/or chickens.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I think Mika should refrain from taking any questions about her affair with Joe & any questions concerning the #metoo movement. 

9 hours ago, XOQueens said:

"Mika and Joe are engaged. Congrats! It's like a #MeToo worked out." Michelle Wolff at the WHCD. 

?

I doubt Mika & Joe will comment on this. They are easily offended by any mention of their relationship. Mika & Joe used to attend the WHCD & host a show on the White House Lawn the morning after the dinner.

Joe was very upset when he was parodied on SNL.

I wonder if Morning Joe will cover the event at all on Monday. ?

• Love 3