Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, stormy said:

oakville's right about Kasie.  She should't agree to be on this show.  She doesn't need it.

I watched her show Sunday and she had, what I thought, was an aggressive interview with Dr. Kelli Ward who's running for Jeff Flakes senate seat in Arizona.  The woman is pure evil and said the most insulting things about John McCain and ass kissing things about trump and his family.  Kasie pressed her to retract her statement about John McCain but she only threw out her trump buzz words and slogans.

I recorded Kasies show. I am looking forward to seeing it when I get a free moment. 

I think KAsie has a bright future in broadcasting.

9 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

muppet-mobile-lab-426.jpg

Beaker in the Bunker!

• Love 2

Right now Joe is a million percent browbeating some poor schmoe that thought it was a good idea to write a book about Trumps' spirituality/religion.  Apparently Trump is a BEELEEVER. Excuse me while I'm simultaneously barfing and laughing.

Last night I turned on MSNBC and Donny is on and holy cow he's not wearing glasses.  He looks like a different person.  A different person who has a Neanderthal brow.  Marla will not like.

edited to add:  According to Author Schmoe, God is going to judge Trump, you, me and everyone else on Morning Joe. I think we all are doing a pretty good job of that right here, don't you think, God??

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Right now Joe is a million percent browbeating some poor schmoe that thought it was a good idea to write a book about Trumps' spirituality/religion.  Apparently Trump is a BEELEEVER. Excuse me while I'm simultaneously barfing and laughing.

Last night I turned on MSNBC and Donny is on and holy cow he's not wearing glasses.  He looks like a different person.  A different person who has a Neanderthal brow.  Marla will not like.

edited to add:  According to Author Schmoe, God is going to judge Trump, you, me and everyone else on Morning Joe. I think we all are doing a pretty good job of that right here, don't you think, God??

Mika looked like she had her own come-to-Jesus moment when Joe said whatever it was about how he is an expert in divorce. 

David Brody was his name, if I recall correctly. My visceral reaction to his smarminess was so strong I couldn't even appreciate him pushing back against Joe and saying he never got a chance to answer questions because Joe never let him speak. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, millennium said:

All that Bible larnin', and those jokers still don't recognize a false prophet when they see one. 

?✨? -----   That Trump religious/apologist was loathesome.  I wish Squinty had shut him the hell down like Meek-a did to (who was it?  Michael Wolf?) the other week.  It seemed like he wanted to but couldn't quite screw up the courage.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

Could Joe have a mobile bunker? That would be awesome. The bunker could be moved around the country in the event of natural disasters or nuclear attack.

I posted the picture of the mobile bunker in Small Cup of Joe. 

Was Joe dissing the portrait of Michelle O?  I was leaving for work and heard Mika bitching that he doesn't get art and her mom's an artist and something about ribs. 

I agreed with Joe (I think that's who said it). I think the face is weak, the shape is wrong. I don't see the fabulous and unique bone structure, especially her cheekbones. I do like the symbolism of the muted tones/colors of her skin. I don't agree with Joe that often.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I posted the picture of the mobile bunker in Small Cup of Joe. 

Was Joe dissing the portrait of Michelle O?  I was leaving for work and heard Mika bitching that he doesn't get art and her mom's an artist and something about ribs. 

I think it was Sam Stein who did not like the Michelle Obama portrait.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

?✨? -----   That Trump religious/apologist was loathesome.  I wish Squinty had shut him the hell down like Meek-a did to (who was it?  Michael Wolf?) the other week.  It seemed like he wanted to but couldn't quite screw up the courage.

As an American who grew up in Europe but now lives in the US, the whole infusion of overt religiosity into political discussion fascinates me. Because I have no self control, I had to check out David Brody's Twitter page to learn more.

David Brody‏ @TheBrodyFile

The book tour continues: On Morning Joe this morning. Let’s just say Joe and Mika weren’t very happy. I think I counted five eye rolls from Mika and two interruptions from Joe so I must be doing something right! Lol @cbnnews @realdonaldtrump @morningjoe @JoeNBC @morningmika

I'm glad Joe did not pull a Mika and throw him off set or cut short his segment. Brody is way too thirsty for that type of attention.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Wait. Did Joe change his Twitter bio after the whole of the internet accused him of emotional abuse last week?

Quoting myself to add to this: He also just changed his Instagram bio to the same line and changed his photo to one of him bending down listening to Mika. 

Did Joe get scolded? Did he read his Twitter mentions? Lol

• Love 3
1 hour ago, revbfc said:

For the love of all things holy won't someone explain to Joe what, exactly, Google is and isn't.

wait what does he THINK it is?  The concept of search engine is too difficult for Mr Know it All? 

So Joe is now my boss' 87 year old father?

Is he sending money to Nigerian princes?   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Quoting myself to add to this: He also just changed his Instagram bio to the same line and changed his photo to one of him bending down listening to Mika. 

Did Joe get scolded? Did he read his Twitter mentions? Lol

Sigh, for me they do this for the same reason that Mika posted that ridiculous photo of her with a shotgun which some sharp eyed folks said wasn't even loaded.  Apparently their personal lives have fallen off the Page Six mentions so they are off to drum up more business.  I wish they realized the only two people that think that they are funny are themselves.

Oh and by the way, did we ever hear why they are in DC today?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

They didn't say why they were there. They probably had some sort of personal business in the area. I think I heard Mika say as an aside that they were going to be doing more shows in DC coming up.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I wish they realized the only two people that think that they are funny are themselves.

So true, especially when they engage in those "playing dumb" routines at the beginning of each show.   "Well, no news today, Joe, nothing happening in the world this morning." "That's right, Mika, all's quiet on the western front.  Wait, what's this?   The Trump White House unable to get its stories straight regarding accused wife-abuser Rob Porter?  That can't be true, can it?"

Somebody please tell them it's not cute or entertaining.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I missed Chris Matthews and Joe talking about "man's talk" this morning (*rolling eyes*). Was that why the MSNBC app played Hardball the first hour? Too much Chris Matthews today lol.

(Low-key, Mika's weird OTT reactions bring so much more attention to the engaged/living together topic than if she would act like a normal human.)

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/13/chris-matthews-joe-scarborough-mika-cleaning/

Yeeeeeiiikes, I missed this too!  How did this not make Mediaite and force us to rely on the Daily Caller?  But after watching that clip, MSNBC really needs to do something about Matthews as he is way past his expiration date no matter what show he is on including his own.

4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Yeeeeeiiikes, I missed this too!  How did this not make Mediaite and force us to rely on the Daily Caller?  But after watching that clip, MSNBC really needs to do something about Matthews as he is way past his expiration date no matter what show he is on including his own.

It did make Mediaite, actually

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-matthews-asks-joe-mika-who-does-the-cooking-and-cleaning/

• Love 2
On 1/22/2018 at 6:32 AM, millennium said:

So Joe just wished he had "been around" in the summer of '67.  I think 1963 comes before 1967, but whatever.

Sorry, I can't seem to delete that quote box.  Don't judge too harshly.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, navelgazer said:

Wait, Joe apologized to Heidi and admitted he was wrong about something?  Joe actually did a nice thing after being kinda rude.  Unexpected!

He's spreading love on Valentine's Day.

• Love 1

Morning Joe is pre empted again today. It started at 7 am. Mika & Joe are in DC. Joe asked to kiss Mika on the set. Mika said no. Carol Lee is confused.

It's make fun of  General Kelly over not knowing about Porter.

Mika likes Valentine's Day but doesn't want Joe to do any PDA on the set. It's not professional.

Why is Mika in Black?. She is sitting awfully close to Joe. They used to have a bigger set.

• Love 3

Did I remember this correctly? 

Joe was asking the faith of donald trump author why Trump never acted religious in public, or said anything religious in public. And this guy says Trump talks religion all the time, like sitting in a car with (what I believe was a two bit grifter tv preacher) and talking to him and then getting out and hugging the guy and telling him he loved him. So Joe asked again if trump had spoken publicly, and the guy said, yes he talked to him about loving god, where  = on a golf course (this really cracked me up because it seemed like the most likely place to find Trump on Sunday). Joe said but had he done it in public - yes the guy answered again, on the golf course,.  maybe it was a public golf course - 

so at that point the discussion is over,  completely missing or avoiding the point. 

altogether, pretty amusing and the only kind of moments I watch this show for. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, cased said:

I would be surprised if Mika & Joe did not have their housekeeping staff sign Non Disclosure Agreements.

1 minute ago, holly4755 said:

Did I remember this correctly? 

Joe was asking the faith of donald trump author why Trump never acted religious in public, or said anything religious in public. And this guy says Trump talks religion all the time, like sitting in a car with (what I believe was a two bit grifter tv preacher) and talking to him and then getting out and hugging the guy and telling him he loved him. So Joe asked again if trump had spoken publicly, and the guy said, yes he talked to him about loving god, where  = on a golf course (this really cracked me up because it seemed like the most likely place to find Trump on Sunday). Joe said but had he done it in public - yes the guy answered again, on the golf course,.  maybe it was a public golf course - 

so at that point the discussion is over,  completely missing or avoiding the point. 

altogether, pretty amusing and the only kind of moments I watch this show for. 

I just saw Brody on CNN. What a bizarre book? I remember when the media used to complain about Obama not going to church regularly. Trump is the the least religious President I can think of in my lifetime.

• Love 6

Joe should never have retired from congress.  He was the most perfect congressman to ever hold that title.  He would have fired any staff member that wasn't up front or found to have lied, he found out what the story of the year the month the day the moment then made decisions accordingly, talked to all his constituents  and voted with their best interests mind.

It's amazing.

John Sipher rocks!

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

Carol Lee is a welcome addition to the panel. She said Jared can't get a full security clearance. This looks bad.

1 minute ago, stormy said:

Joe should never have retired from congress.  He was the most perfect congressman to ever hold that title.  He would have fired any staff member that wasn't up front or found to have lied, he found out what was the story of the year the month the day the moment then made decisions accordingly, talked to all his constituents  and voted with their best interests mind.

It's amazing.

John Sipher rocks!

Joe is lucky that he resigned his seat 6 days before 9/11. I doubt he would have been re elected in 2002 given what happened to his intern.

There was another Congressman around the same time who was accused of murdering his intern, Chandra Levy. The media would have tried to cover the mysterious death of Joe's intern even though Joe denied being involved in her death.

• Love 2

Well Jared's lack of credentials only makes a difference to the rest of us.  I'm pretty sure  the trump voters, as with anything meaningful or important, could give a rat's ass.  No matter what John Sipher says.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

Morning Joe is pre empted again today. It started at 7 am. Mika & Joe are in DC. Joe asked to kiss Mika on the set. Mika said no. Carol Lee is confused.

It's make fun of  General Kelly over not knowing about Porter.

Mika likes Valentine's Day but doesn't want Joe to do any PDA on the set. It's not professional.

Why is Mika in Black?. She is sitting awfully close to Joe. They used to have a bigger set.

At the beginning of the 6:00 hour, Joe blew a kiss to Mika, and touched her on the cheek. Mika wouldn’t let him do it again at 7:00. Mika wished Joe happy Valentine’s Day on Instagram, but she doesn’t like PDAs on the show. 

• Love 1

7:42 AM  Joe:  "People were out in the rain voting (OH DAMN)... I mean WOMEN WERE STANDING IN THE RAIN VOTING" (KA-CHING)

At the beginning of the 6:00 hour, Joe blew a kiss to Mika, and touched her on the cheek. Mika wouldn’t let him do it again at 7:00. Mika wished Joe happy Valentine’s Day on Instagram, but she doesn’t like PDAs on the show. 

She would make a great next wife for Trump.  Then she can abandon all this Know Your Worth crap--the worth will be in the pre-nup, all spelled out....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

They gave a speech at a Goldman Sachs event. Joe's band played, and then Joe got weird about Lloyd Blankfein dancing with Mika.

• Love 3

Do Joe & Mika have any friends who aren't sexual harassers? Of every person in this country whose life has been touched by a death due to drug overdose/addiction, etc. they can only find Eric Boling? A troll on Fox News? The millions of people across this country and they're having this asshole on their show?

I'm sorry about his son's death, but yeah I can't imagine why Trump calls you seven times, Eric. 

JFC at least make an attempt to not be so ignorant to how shit like this comes across. 

Your little rich white social circle is not the world.  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

JFC at least make an attempt to not be so ignorant to how shit like this comes across. 

Followed up by casually throwing in, two and a half hours into the show, that this show is sponsored by Goldman Sachs.

Word of the day: sketchy.

• Love 4

Whoever told her to wear those scarves, okay the joke's over.

It was funny for a while, but laying a long strip of material around your neck is not fashionable. You look like an idiot. 

2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

They gave a speech at a Goldman Sachs event. Joe's band played, and then Joe got weird about Lloyd Blankfein dancing with Mika.

And what exactly are their credentials for speaking to stockbrokers and financial analysts?  

BRB my head re exploded. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, cased said:

I had to go look at the Instagram in question. Does she realize how dirty this sounds? Lol...

Joe's Valentine post sounds like torture...

mikabrzezinski Glowing in the dark .. a late night and an early morning ... Happy Valentine’s Day @joescarborough

Edited by XOQueens
Once you start on Instagram you just can't stop.
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

They were very matchy-matchy today.  It's almost as if Burlington Coat Factory had a two-for-one deal.

I do think that Joe dresses enter since he & Mika went public. Joe used to wear cereal stained fleece tops. I think Mika makes sure that the bunker has a suit jacket & tie when he broadcasts from the Bunker.

• Love 2

Sorry, I tried to edit that previous post saying this is Joe's post and my response is yes you two are in love and God bless but you are also anchors of a cable news show and the two don't meet.  I apologize for being technology challenged with Instagram but isn't there a privacy setting that they could share this with their friends?  Ick.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

WTF is going on with these two?  

Why all this lovey dovey bullshit all of a sudden?   I thought they were in DC.  Isn't it a little chilly outside for sitting outside and tropical plants? 

Why, you think it's odd to cuddle up together while talking to Michael Bloomberg (while wearing matching clothes)??!!??

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Sorry, I tried to edit that previous post saying this is Joe's post and my response is yes you two are in love and God bless but you are also anchors of a cable news show and the two don't meet.  I apologize for being technology challenged with Instagram but isn't there a privacy setting that they could share this with their friends?  Ick.

I wonder if Joe is in trouble for being rude to Mika last week?

I hope Mika & Joe s kids don’t have access to Instagram.

18 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Why, you think it's odd to cuddle up together while talking to Michael Bloomberg (while wearing matching clothes)??!!??

Mika used to get very excited when Bloomberg showed up on set after he announced his Big Gulp ban in NYC. Mika hated soda & called it poison. Mika said there were too many overweight people in NY & blamed fast food & soda for the problem

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, oakville said:
28 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I wonder if Joe is in trouble for being rude to Mika last week?

I hope Mika & Joe s kids don’t have access to Instagram.

I don't think Joe is in trouble for anything as neither of their behaviors have changed since their engagement was announced.  It's just gotten really icky in the past week and I'm not sure where this is coming from.

As for their kids having access to Instagram, of course they do and again this is my problem with their personal relationship.  

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

WTF is going on with these two?  

Why all this lovey dovey bullshit all of a sudden?   I thought they were in DC.  Isn't it a little chilly outside for sitting outside and tropical plants? 

I think this photo was from their trip to France when they got engaged. It is not from their current DC trip.

6 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I don't think Joe is in trouble for anything as neither of their behaviors have changed since their engagement was announced.  It's just gotten really icky in the past week and I'm not sure where this is coming from.

I think they've probably always been like this, they are just gradually getting a little more comfortable acting this way in public.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

The thought of Joe and Mika waking up and drifting off to sleep together, is not something I really want to contemplate.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

As for their kids having access to Instagram, of course they do and again this is my problem with their personal relationship.  

The kids must be mortified by Mika & Joe’s behavior

• Love 2