Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

OK, this gave me a flashback to some comedian back in the day who did an impersonation of Tom Brokaw trying to pronounce Jim Miklaszewki. Gargling is a good description. It made me laugh at the time.

I have no idea who the comedian was.

I wonder if there will be a discussion tomorrow of 45 tossing paper towels to the good people of San Juan. You can't make this stuff up.

Dana Carvey did an impersonation of Brokaw having to announce various possible death announcements of President Gerald Ford. One of them was Ford being attacked by wolves.

1 hour ago, neece26 said:

This seems like Joe's new thing.  The camera zooms in as Joe stares right into it and he begins his soliloquy.   Last week it was the John McCain lecture, today the Bobby Kennedy moment.   His ego is way off the charts these days.  

Joe went through a period of Teleprompter Scripted rants in 2014. It was quite funny. I used to recap them & burst into laughter.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

@oakville you are spot on with your descriptions of Brokaw, Noonan and Barnicle!

Speaking of Brokaw, even when he was younger and a news anchor on NBC, I used to think that he had some sort of speech defect because he always sounded like he was gargling when he was speaking.  It's gotten even worse over the years. 

Thanks!. believe it or not , but Pat Buchanan used to have Barnicle's job as panelist who represents working class voters.

I like Brokaw but I think he should take a break from broadcasting. He is 77 years old & should retire.

I can't see myself working at that age.

• Love 2

I throw up a little in my mouth when Joe opines on how Robert Kennedy was his hero. Kennedy is a complex man (often considered "ruthless", initially a Cold Warrior, dogmatic)  but he changed his life after the assassination and became driven to resolve issues of poverty, inequality, racial and economic injustice, and an end to the Viet Nam war. He would have been disgusted by Joe's positions in Congress - the positions Joe held when he actually had some power and could do things. 

Want to give tribute to your idol? Spend an entire segment discussing the CHIP program - a program that would have been championed by RFK. What, not sexy enough?

That said the RFK crush explains the fondness for Barnicle, who pals around with Ethel on the Cape.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Want to give tribute to your idol? Spend an entire segment discussing the CHIP program - a program that would have been championed by RFK. What, not sexy enough?

The CHIP program that the Republicans let the funding run out for at the end of September? So 9 million poor and underprivileged and very sick children won't have health care? That one? That nobody on MJ or most of the rest of media mentioned because they were too busy reading Orange Idiot's tweets and gleefully describing how he was throwing rolls of paper towels to the small crowd in Puerto Rico? Yeah, you gotta love the MSM.

• Love 4

Wednesday recap Part 1.

The pink scarf is back. ! Mika is wearing a black top with a pink scarf. Joe is wearing a suit. Joe mocked Trump for throwing paper towels at the crowd in Puerto Rico. Joe said Trump lacks basic humanity. Heileman said he lacks empathy. There is an exclusive interview with Tillerson coming up. Tillerson called Trump a moron.

Joe is mad at Trump for complaining about the cost of Puerto Rico aid. Tax cuts will cost more.

Muttering Mika complained about the cost of Trump's cabinet private plane costs.

Joe said Trump is disconnected from basic norms of behavior. Mika & Joe never noticed that when they were friends with him for 10 plus years.

Paddock had 47 weapons . Why are the Bump stocks legal?

Joe is mad at these weapons.

• Love 4

Joe actually made me laugh in the first hour. He was doing his Trump impersonation (not bad) and referred to the NK leader as "Tiny Dancer." I didn't get it until he then said something like "You can insert any Elton John song in here."

The reporting about Tillerson was very interesting. I agree that, if he wants to stay in the job, he'll either have to deny that he called Trump a moron or grovel at Trump's feet. But maybe he doesn't want to stay. Who can blame him?

Ryan's Jedi Council? I join Trump in guffawing over that.

Why did they have that know-nothing ex-politician on from Puerto Rico?  He's not involved in the clean up and is less informed on what's happening there than the panel.  Also, he's in a political party in opposition to the current mayor of San Juan, and they both may be competing for elected seats in the future.
That was embarrassing.

• Love 1

Mika doesn't know what a Jedi Council is. Mika doesn't like Star Wars.

Joe said Tillerson & Trump may deny the moron comment.

George Will said Trump may have social autism.

Mika was furious at Trump for his behavior at the press conference.

Barnicle is still tired of trump. He called him the loudmouth at the end of the bar who wouldn't shut up. Isn't that what Barnicle does. ?

Joe hates the Iran agreement but thinks that you have to keep it so that Korea sees that the USA stands by its agreements.

The goal is to get Korea to sign the agreement. Why would Korea keep its promises?

Everyone is fed up with Trump's behavior in Puerto Rico.

Mika got mad at Joe when he continued to talk about baseball. Mika has important news to read & rolled her eyes at the camera.

Joe started impersonating Star Wars characters. They showed clips from the Phantom Menace.

Joe said Trump treats people like peasants.

George Will left the GOP after Ryan endorsed Trump.

Joe told a long story about him not agreeing with Senator Lawton Chiles about health care in 1993.

They were friendly after a hurricane hit Pensacola.

Joe said you have to put aside personal differences when a disaster hits. Joe said Chiles was nice to him even though he didn't like his political views.

Mika is mad at how Trump treated the mayor of San Juan.

Will is happy that Trump's behavior is so bad that it will reduce the value of future Presidents. No one will take future Presidents seriously?

Mka is mad at the former governor of Puerto Rico who is a Republican. He refused to criticize Trump over his treatment of San Juan Mayor. He said she might run for Governor in future. Joe showed empathy for Puerto Rico by not showing up for the interview.

• Love 2

Will is happy that Trump's behavior is so bad that it will reduce the value of future Presidents. No one will take future Presidents seriously?

I'm with Willie. Presidents are merely humans and need to be called on their bullshit. The corny deification of the office and the person occupying it as advanced by stuff like "The West Wing" is dangerous in its own way. In the past half century we had presidents who sent thousands of young people to fight ill-defined wars that were unjustified, impeded criminal investigations, and committed perjury. And now Trump, who's just awful in so many ways. As Dylan said, don't trust leaders, watch your parking meters.

• Love 2

What a waste of about 30 minutes on the Rex Tillerson was so mad he "almost"quit months ago story. Obviously the man has no self respect or dignity.

Every time they show Mattis or McMaster, they look like they have indigestion.

I only saw a few minutes with Bob Schiffer.

Oakville do you have a recap?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, stormy said:

What a waste of about 30 minutes on the Rex Tillerson was so mad he "almost"quit months ago story. Obviously the man has no self respect or dignity.

Every time they show Mattis or McMaster, they look like they have indigestion.

I only saw a few minutes with Bob Schiffer.

Oakville do you have a recap?

I had to leave the house to run some errands, so I didn't see the entire interview with  Schieffer. It started with him complaining about the quality of politicians today. He told them that one of colleagues daughters was dating a young congressman, but the dad was furious because he was a politician. Joe complained about online trolls who attack his family & follow his ex wife in supermarkets.

Heilemann said online critics are polite in person.

• Love 2

The most fascinating part of the Tillerson story was that there is tension between Tillerson and Haley. Haley is apparently the heir apparent to Tillerson. Other than that it was a bit disappointing. They asked the reporter, what exactly about the Boy Scout rally that angered Tillerson so much? And the reporter said, well we don't know the specifics....

It would be interesting if what is keeping Tillerson at the job is his concern that Haley would get it if he resigned, and that she is unqualified for the job.

• Love 4

Towards the end of the Schieffer interview, Willie asked him about journalist over reach in attacking Trump or other politicians. Schieffer said the journalists have to refrain from personal attacks on the people they write about.

Joe said he gets angry when he reads the snarky comments on twitter by journalists who write the page 1 articles. 

Joe complained about 62% of people getting their news on Facebook. It should be regulated.

Joe said Waltr Cronkite 's news show was regulated.

21 hours ago, neece26 said:

This seems like Joe's new thing.  The camera zooms in as Joe stares right into it and he begins his soliloquy.   Last week it was the John McCain lecture, today the Bobby Kennedy moment.   His ego is way off the charts these days.  

It was sooo obvious.   Like "hey, I got good reviews for this last time around, let's try it again."  But it reminds me of a gimmick you'd see in a Saturday Night Live sketch.

• Love 2

What a piece of elitist garbage Barnicle is. When discussing how Bannon is going to manage that ex-con's congressional campaign in Staten Island, Barnicle sniffed that maybe one, possibly two, people in Staten Island would know who Steve Bannon is. What, Staten Islanders don't read newspapers or watch cable TV? Asshole.

I had to laugh when they were showing the states that those Facebook ads "targeted" and they were all, look they were buying big in battlegrounds like Michigan and Missouri, these guys knew what they were doing (ignoring that they were also buying in non-battlegrounds like CA, NY, MD and GA.) The far more obvious explanation for this "pattern" was that the buys focused on the most populous states....like any ad but would.

Like Joe, I too want to see these ads. It will be very funny if the ads were essentially truthful.

• Love 1

I hate it when Scarborough gives Trump left-handed praise for doing a passable impression of a human being every once in awhile.   It's like, "Look!  He didn't insult anyone!   He didn't piss anybody off!"   It's like discussing a child who was allowed to sit at the grown-up table and for once didn't fling mashed potatoes.

One thing I don't get is why Scarborough and Mika are still on vacation schedule.   It's October and they're still doing the "fill-in-the-blank is off today" business.   I think they do three days together now, then alternate, each taking one day of the week off for a four-day work week.   Are you really "off" anymore when you're apparently no longer working 5 days a week?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

What a piece of elitist garbage Barnicle is. When discussing how Bannon is going to manage that ex-con's congressional campaign in Staten Island, Barnicle sniffed that maybe one, possibly two, people in Staten Island would know who Steve Bannon is. What, Staten Islanders don't read newspapers or watch cable TV? Asshole.

I had to laugh when they were showing the states that those Facebook ads "targeted" and they were all, look they were buying big in battlegrounds like Michigan and Missouri, these guys knew what they were doing (ignoring that they were also buying in non-battlegrounds like CA, NY, MD and GA.) The far more obvious explanation for this "pattern" was that the buys focused on the most populous states....like any ad but would.

Like Joe, I too want to see these ads. It will be very funny if the ads were essentially truthful.

I was very confused by the Facebook ad strategy. Why would you waste money targeting California?

I laughed at Katty being excited at how the Russians could figure out which electoral states mattered. Wouldn't they be able to analyze past election results?

Barnicle's disdain for the "working class" voters in Staten Island is absurd. He wants viewers to believe that he has the "pulse" of midle america, yet mocks them at almost every turn.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, millennium said:

I hate it when Scarborough gives Trump left-handed praise for doing a passable impression of a human being every once in awhile.   It's like, "Look!  He didn't insult anyone!   He didn't piss anybody off!"   It's like discussing a child who was allowed to sit at the grown-up table and for once didn't fling mashed potatoes.

One thing I don't get is why Scarborough and Mika are still on vacation schedule.   It's October and they're still doing the "fill-in-the-blank is off today" business.   I think they do three days together now, then alternate, each taking one day of the week off for a four-day work week.   Are you really "off" anymore when you're apparently no longer working 5 days a week?

I do wonder why Joe spends so much time in the bunker. Mika is probably "off" getting ready for her Know Your Value Tour.

Joe made me laugh when he called Trump's behavior yesterday as "Comforter in Chief" & that it was a tragedy that Trump couldn't behave like a normal human being every day.

They also issued a clarification with more audio from San Juan's mayor confrontation with Trump.

The top story today was that NBC stands by their report that Tillerson called Trump a moron. They are planning a 2 hour NBC News Special with Brian Williams with a re enactment of the scenes.:) Trump called it fake news & Tillerson said it was petty non sense.

The good news is that no Cabinet member in the history of the USA has ever made an insulting remark about the President until now.

The panel agreed that no one takes Tillerson seriously because Trump always contradicts him.

Joe believes that Trump is playing Bad Cop & the rest of the Cabinet is Good Cop.

Normally , Tillerson would resign, but they can't afford to have more Cabinet members resign.

Joe thinks Nikki Haley is running her own foreign policy.

Carol Lee still stands by her report. Who will play her in Moron Gate?

Joe said Kushner was supposed to be the Defacto Secretary of State. Wow!

Burns came on to stay that the State Department has vacancies in key deputies.

Tillerson does not respond to letters from Miss Lindsay Graham.

Ratner has been on the show for 11 minutes without saying anything.

• Love 2

I saw part of the discussion on Grimm's potential comeback. Yes, it did sound as though Barnicle was saying people in Staten Island don't pay attention to the news, but maybe he meant people in general don't follow the news as much as political junkies do. I dunno . . . it feels strange to be defending Barnicle.

Did anyone mention that Grimm is the perfect candidate in the Trump era? He's an angry, belligerent, in-your-face kind of person. He's been shown attacking a journalist. This sounds to me like someone who would appeal to Trump's base. And isn't SI the only NYC borough that went for Trump? 

I can see him winning. As 45 would say, "SAD!"

11 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I saw part of the discussion on Grimm's potential comeback. Yes, it did sound as though Barnicle was saying people in Staten Island don't pay attention to the news, but maybe he meant people in general don't follow the news as much as political junkies do. I dunno . . . it feels strange to be defending Barnicle.

Did anyone mention that Grimm is the perfect candidate in the Trump era? He's an angry, belligerent, in-your-face kind of person. He's been shown attacking a journalist. This sounds to me like someone who would appeal to Trump's base. And isn't SI the only NYC borough that went for Trump? 

I can see him winning. As 45 would say, "SAD!"

Trump did win Staten Island.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/new-york

Joe interrupted the panelists to say that most CEO's don't work well in Washington. They are used to being the boss & not have to deal with the media or the bureaucracy.

Joe & Barnicle are complaining about Zuckerberg not being transparent about Face Book ads. He keeps coming up with excuses for not releasing the ads bought by Russians.  Joe said he doesn't know Zuckerberg. Barnicle said that Zuckerberg is not self aware!

Katty is Giddy at 8 34 am. She is happy to see Peter. Katty is excited that Trump is tweting about NBC News. Alexander bragged that he spoke to senior administration officials who work at the White House!. Where else would they work?

• Love 2

Kasie! is on wearing a big beige raincoat like Detectives use to do in the movies.Is that a scarf underneath her raincoat? Joe said Trump turns out fake news on a daily basis.

Charlie" I hate Trump" Sykes is on with a new book. He has a book called "How the Right Lost its mind" with a Trump hat.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Apparently, Mika asked for more time off this year -- she has mentioned that in some articles this year as part of her know your value stuff.  She needed more time with her father, sending her daughters off to college, etc.  Here is a recent article that mentions it at the end: http://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a12486453/mika-brzezinski-morning-joe-trump-interview/

And there is some on the impact of being "out" about their relationship and working together.  They actually sound sweet, for those who actually like one or both of them.

• Love 3

From the Marie Claire article:

Despite Brzezinski's breezy competence, she and the show have had dark, challenging moments, like the Monday after the Sandy Hook shooting in 2012, when Scarborough—who received the NRA’s highest ratings during his four terms in Congress—delivered a powerful monologue calling for gun control. And November 9, 2016.

“The days leading up to the election were already very trying, because everybody thought Hillary was going to win, but we had been warning people that Trump could.” It clearly still frustrates Brzezinski that because she, Scarborough, and Geist took Trump and his voters seriously, they were accused of supporting him. “We were like, ‘No, we're trying to tell you that there is a swath of the country that feels disenfranchised, and is hurting, and Trump is touching them. He's reaching them in a way that Hillary's not.' She was the worst person in the world to run against Donald Trump. Had we had a Biden, had we had a Bernie, they would have beat him.”

I find these paragraphs to be historical revisionism. Mika & Joe did not just warn about Trump winning, they actively encouraged him during their daily interviews. Trump called them supporters. Joe mocked "Little Marco's boots for ovver a week because he was short." They went after virtually all of Trump's opponents except Kasich, who Joe said was mean & an SOB to supporters.

Joe became very upset after Sandy Hook because it occurred close to his home in New Canaan.

On today's last segment he pointed out that 95% of crimes committed with guns are done by people who are not the registered owners of the gun. Gun Trafficking is a big business.

There was a very strange looking lady, Andrea Bernstein  with the weirdest hair style I have ever seen on Morning Joe. It looked like she was wearing a dirty grey & white mop on her head.

Bernstein had a scoop on Ivanka & Don Jr inflating the values of  a condo hotel project. They were almost charged with a felony , but Trump's lawyer made a donation to the district attorney to have the charges dropped. That's pretty shady.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Bernstein had a scoop on Ivanka & Don Jr inflating the values of  a condo hotel project. They were almost charged with a felony , but Trump's lawyer made a donation to the district attorney to have the charges dropped. That's pretty shady.

I thought surely he would mention the Trump Ocean Project/Trump Baja fiasco involving the spawn a few years back. Same same, fraud. Get with the prior bad acts, people, you're on national TV, use your access. Maybe tomorrow.

::: sigh :::

• Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

I was very confused by the Facebook ad strategy. Why would you waste money targeting California?

I laughed at Katty being excited at how the Russians could figure out which electoral states mattered. Wouldn't they be able to analyze past election results?

Barnicle's disdain for the "working class" voters in Staten Island is absurd. He wants viewers to believe that he has the "pulse" of midle america, yet mocks them at almost every turn.

It's not just where they targeted the ads.

It's more important whom they targeted with those FB ads.

Two former CIA chiefs said no way the Russians knew whom and where to target just by themselves.

Campaigns spend millions on data analytics to build up profiles or personality types for voters, which ones can be swayed by which types of ads or message.

Trump campaign boasted of their Cambridge Analytics data operation.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, suomi said:

I thought surely he would mention the Trump Ocean Project/Trump Baja fiasco involving the spawn a few years back. Same same, fraud. Get with the prior bad acts, people, you're on national TV, use your access. Maybe tomorrow.

::: sigh :::

I remember that scam! Ivanka was hiding behind her dad back then. The Trump Hotel in Toronto went bankrupt when they tried the same phony rental revenue projections.

I was mesmerized by Andrea's hair so I didn't pay attention too much to what she was saying.

2 hours ago, Mmtx2002 said:

Apparently, Mika asked for more time off this year -- she has mentioned that in some articles this year as part of her know your value stuff.  She needed more time with her father, sending her daughters off to college, etc.  Here is a recent article that mentions it at the end: http://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a12486453/mika-brzezinski-morning-joe-trump-interview/

And there is some on the impact of being "out" about their relationship and working together.  They actually sound sweet, for those who actually like one or both of them.

Mika does deserve some time off, but the show gets very uneven when Joe is yelling at people from his bunker.

They should let Willie & a female co host do the show in the studio.

• Love 2

Mika does deserve some time off, but the show gets very uneven when Joe is yelling at people from his bunker.

Oh man I roll my eyes when the show goes on and it's a Brady Brunch-like array of live feeds from various locations. Willie and Katty Kay (or Cackles, or Kasie if Congress isn't in session) are perfectly capable of doing the show.

I did lol at Joe kind of lovingly goofing on Scarborough Country, repeating the ad taglines. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Oh man I roll my eyes when the show goes on and it's a Brady Brunch-like array of live feeds from various locations. Willie and Katty Kay (or Cackles, or Kasie if Congress isn't in session) are perfectly capable of doing the show.

I did lol at Joe kind of lovingly goofing on Scarborough Country, repeating the ad taglines. 

I don't remember too much about Scarborough Country, but I remember that I didn't like it because I thought that Joe did nothing but yell. For some reason, once he moved to Morning Joe I liked him a little better, because he had to interact with people more, which I though moderated his loud voice. I didn't realize until recently that Joe did his Scarborough Country show from Florida, which probably explains all the yelling, because it would be similar to his bunker appreances on MJ.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, oakville said:

A lot of California votes Republican.  Those Californians were needed to put people like Darrel Issa in Congress, thus increasing the chances that the GOP would have a majority in both houses of Congress to go along with the WH. 

5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe interrupted the panelists to say that most CEO's don't work well in Washington. They are used to being the boss & not have to deal with the media or the bureaucracy.

Because the government is not a business that needs a CEO.  It is there to serve the American people, not become a profit center for rich white guys like CEO's.  It is supposed to be government of the people, by the people, FOR the people.  Not government of the people, by rich white CEO guys, for the increased profits of rich white CEO guys.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I remember that scam! Ivanka was hiding behind her dad back then. The Trump Hotel in Toronto went bankrupt when they tried the same phony rental revenue projections.

I was mesmerized by Andrea's hair so I didn't pay attention too much to what she was saying.

They were off half the summer!

The only reason I complain is because the show ranges from boring to outright sucking without the two of them on set.   They created a dynamic that depends on two of them.  Scarborough can't carry a show on his own.  People would grow sick of him within days.  Mika can't do it either because alone she she is a snoozefest.  The fill-ins (like Katty Kay today)?   Forget it.  Willie Geist bores me to tears.   

I watched the first half hour today and switched off.   

It just kinda bugs me that I tune in expecting the classic show and now at least twice a week get served something else with the explanation that "Joe/Mika is off today."  I don't think either of them has done five days straight in months.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, millennium said:

They were off half the summer!

The only reason I complain is because the show ranges from boring to outright sucking without the two of them on set.   They created a dynamic that depends on two of them.  Scarborough can't carry a show on his own.  People would grow sick of him within days.  Mika can't do it either because alone she she is a snoozefest.  The fill-ins (like Katty Kay today)?   Forget it.  Willie Geist bores me to tears.   

I watched the first half hour today and switched off.   

It just kinda bugs me that I tune in expecting the classic show and now at least twice a week get served something else with the explanation that "Joe/Mika is off today."  I don't think either of them has done five days straight in months.  

I understand your concerns.  I think they are "coasting" after a big election year. In the past, the show was weaker during non election years. Joe in a Bunker is a relatively new addition to the show. 

• Love 1

I noticed the lady with the wild hair this morning, too.  Geez, what was she thinking, knowing she was going to be on national teevee?  I think the story is fascinating, though.  Especially shocking is that the DA was Cyrus Vance, Jr., son of Carter's (I think it was Carter) former Secretary of State.  The whole thing just sounds soooo fishy; especially in light of the story reporting that all the other state lawyer's involved wanted to go ahead with prosecution.  My main question, and I have not heard anyone ask this....is it too late to go back and prosecute?  I think The Trump's paid a fine, so I guess that is it.  Wonder if Vance Jr.'s career will suffer?

• Love 3

If it's too hard for Joe and Mika to work five days a week, maybe it's time for their entire show to be scrapped.  I have no doubt there are a lot of other people out there who would love to have their own daily morning show, and who show up to work every day and overtime. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, izabella said:

If it's too hard for Joe and Mika to work five days a week, maybe it's time for their entire show to be scrapped.  I have no doubt there are a lot of other people out there who would love to have their own daily morning show, and who show up to work every day and overtime. 

ITA.  There's an irritating cockiness that goes with them not showing up, like they come first, not the audience.  It leaves the impression that they're phoning it in (almost literally from the bunker), that maybe they have bigger fish to fry elsewhere.

• Love 4

When I see people complaining that Joe and Mika aren't on the show enough, I am reminded of the "Annie Hall" joke where two old people are complaining about the quality of the food at the resort, and then one of them adds, "and the portions are so small." 

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 4

For me, if someone needs time off and I am grateful for any organization that grants this time for not only the person on air but also their family.  My problem with Mika and Joe's absence as it interrupts the flow of the show as the other morning cable shows have most folks on set on a consistent basis.  These two are like Where's Waldo in terms of who is going to appear and in what studio and to be honest I don't think it's fair to the viewers.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

For me, if someone needs time off and I am grateful for any organization that grants this time for not only the person on air but also their family.  My problem with Mika and Joe's absence as it interrupts the flow of the show as the other morning cable shows have most folks on set on a consistent basis.  These two are like Where's Waldo in terms of who is going to appear and in what studio and to be honest I don't think it's fair to the viewers.

There's a growing attitude in this country among people/companies who provide a service, and that attitude is "you'll take whatever we give you, because you need us, we don't need you."  Whether it's a bakery that doesn't bake enough muffins each morning and tries to foist a bagel on you instead or plumbers, electricians, etc. who blow you off because your clogged drain doesn't have the same dollar value as a bathroom remodel -- or even no-show morning television hosts who are arrogant enough to think people will watch anyway because the show's just that good -- this attitude is becoming more and more prevalent.

I've lost count of the number of customer service representatives who actually lecture me over the phone about how unreasonable I'm being to expect their company to honor its promises/contract/etc.  "You have to understand ..." they all start off. 

Well, no, I don't have to understand.   I don't settle for bagels when I want a muffin.  I go somewhere else that's better managed and has what I'm looking for.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I noticed the lady with the wild hair this morning, too.  Geez, what was she thinking, knowing she was going to be on national teevee?  I think the story is fascinating, though.  Especially shocking is that the DA was Cyrus Vance, Jr., son of Carter's (I think it was Carter) former Secretary of State.  The whole thing just sounds soooo fishy; especially in light of the story reporting that all the other state lawyer's involved wanted to go ahead with prosecution.  My main question, and I have not heard anyone ask this....is it too late to go back and prosecute?  I think The Trump's paid a fine, so I guess that is it.  Wonder if Vance Jr.'s career will suffer?

I think the lady with the wild hair is related to Anand Giridharadas who is also a guest on Morning Joe.

Dr Z did not get along with Cyrus Vance and enciuraged him to quit the Carter administration after the Iran hostage rescue fiasco.

5 hours ago, izabella said:

I would be surprised if Mika & Joe will show up tomorrow. Joe is angry about the mighty Red Sox getting blown out 8-2 today. Furthermore, friend of the show, Harvey Weinstein is facing a sexual harassment allegations from several Hollywood actresses.

I think Mika & Joe will stay with the show until 2020. If Trump gets re elected, they will quit.

59 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I would like to have Mika & Joe in separate Bunkers. There is no question that the flow of the show is disrupted when one is in an undisclosed studio.  I think Posh Katty is being extra friendly to Joe lately. She always agrees with whatever he says. Could Katty be a replacement for Mika when she is off.?

• Love 1

I don't like the bunker thing either -- and I thought it was super annoying when they were both in bunkers while in London.  I think they took a lot of time off this summer to be with their kids, which makes sense.  I bet we will see more regular attendance for the rest of the year (minus holidays).   

Based on Instagram, Mika went up to Dartmouth to help her daughter today, hence her no show.  I guess Joe is less interested in showing up in person when Mika is out.  It is a long drive in from CT.  

I had much prefer some fill-ins around the table and no bunkers, but we will probably have lots of bunkers from here on out as they vacation together.  For example, some of the time this summer, Joe was in the Nantucket bunker with Mika on vacation.  I guess that is how they will handle it to try to minimize mutual absences.  Still, it is a different show when they are not actually around the table.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, millennium said:

There's a growing attitude in this country among people/companies who provide a service, and that attitude is "you'll take whatever we give you, because you need us, we don't need you."  Whether it's a bakery that doesn't bake enough muffins each morning and tries to foist a bagel on you instead or plumbers, electricians, etc. who blow you off because your clogged drain doesn't have the same dollar value as a bathroom remodel -- or even no-show morning television hosts who are arrogant enough to think people will watch anyway because the show's just that good -- this attitude is becoming more and more prevalent.

I've lost count of the number of customer service representatives who actually lecture me over the phone about how unreasonable I'm being to expect their company to honor its promises/contract/etc.  "You have to understand ..." they all start off. 

Well, no, I don't have to understand.   I don't settle for bagels when I want a muffin.  I go somewhere else that's better managed and has what I'm looking for.

Have you been listening into my phone calls to Comcast . . . ugh?  Seriously, to be honest I have been watching New Day on CNN more and more as they do more news and not so much opinion (I realize it's a balance but I think they have been doing a better job).

• Love 1

Around 7:00 AM today there was some glitsch where you could hear the crew talking in the background for about 5 minutes.  would be curious if it was on the main set or in one of the Brady Bunch boxes.

Around 8:15 we find out that Ivana trump, Ivanka's mom, talks to The Donald once a week and has advised him to continue tweeting. I imagine it would go something like this: "Vy yes, Donalt, by all meanz continue the tveeting, you are so strong and masterful. And yes, continue to send me my $100,000 a month alimony..."

• Love 1