Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

Katty is annoying to me. IMO, she's quite the lickspittle (a new word I learned this week! Ha!)  when it comes to Joe.   Ever notice how she prefaces almost every comment with, "you're so right, Joe" or "I completely agree, Joe."   She's British, employed by the BBC and speaks with a lovely accent.  Yet today, she found it necessary to agree with Joe that the kids at Berkeley are quite sad snowflakes if they can't abide the rabid far right on their campuses.  If i were on UK TV, I would be a little more careful of passing blanket judgment on English college kids.

Bingo!. The,"you're so right, Joe" that made Me sick..She sounded like a sycophant trying to keep Her spot on the panel/hosting appearance on His show..

Edited by Stoned
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

Joe really got on my nerves today.  I don't understand why he isn't president since he knows everything, knows how to handle everything, knows how to deal with every type of person.  He was a model congressman - always correctly dealing with every situation.  

Since he was so on my nerves today I was only half listening to the show, and couldn't be bothered rewinding (I dvr the show).  So only conservatives are open minded?????  Only liberal kids live in a bubble?????  What a bunch of crap.

Joe makes me laugh when he kept cutting off Julia Offe & apologizing to guests for allowing Donny to ask questions of guests. Donny asked Gov Cuomo if he was running for President & that he looked buff in his shirt.

Donny was flirting with Julia by complimenting her on her jacket.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Stoned said:

Bingo!. The,"you're so right, Joe" that made Me sick..She sounded like a sycophant trying to keep Her spot on the panel/hosting appearance on His show..

Katty need the extra $$$ that she gets paid for being a panelist. Katty is paid in British Pounds by the BBC. The BBC recently revealed that they pay women announcers much less than male announcers. Furthermore, Katty didn't even make the list of the top 20 paid by the BBC. Katty has been a vociferous opponent of the Brexit because the British Pound fell after the vote, reducing her salary in USD.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Yeah.  It's no longer Must See TV.  It was for me ever since Trump started campaigning.  I feel vaguely adrift...........  Thanks Oakville for your recaps.  I feel we need to thank you weekly for your sacrifice and service!

My pleasure!. I will be off next Friday for some minor surgery. I hope to be back a few days after that. The hospital doesn't get MSNBC.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Don't quote me on this but Chris's reference to his size could have been in relation to John Berman saying something about being 165 pounds of solid steel or something along those lines when he was reporting during the hurricane . . . it was a funny remark during a very stressful time (I am a huge fan of both Chris and John).  I saw the governor this morning and it looks like he too belongs to the "gun show" . . . :)

As for Katty, I can't say I am a huge fan but for me she is one of their seat fillers.  There are a few regular guests I look forward to but she isn't one of them.

Also, Mika has been active on her Twitter and Instagram accounts in terms of Know Your Value so maybe with MJ 10 year anniversary show next week they may reveal her next steps for that effort.  There is a hilarious Instagram photo of her posing with one of her gorgeous chickens and she is wearing 4" stilettos but it's a great shot of her and I wish I looked that good . . .  :)

I was very impressed with CNN's coverage of the hurricane. They also do a good job of covering terrorist attacks.

• Love 3
On 9/15/2017 at 0:26 PM, abbyzenn said:

I don't understand why he isn't president since he knows everything

LOL.  You just know he'd love that more than anything.  Probably the only thing keeping him from pursuing that is the dead intern situation.  It would come up, be rehashed, publicized all over again.  Suspicious as some stories made him look, even I don't want to believe that he was responsible for that.  But still......he has such a sketchy history with women, and man, he has a temper.  And yet, I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt.  (Why is that?!  He drives me nuts for three hours, five days a week!! )  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

LOL.  You just know he'd love that more than anything.  Probably the only thing keeping him from pursuing that is the dead intern situation.  It would come up, be rehashed, publicized all over again.  Suspicious as some stories made him look, even I don't want to believe that he was responsible for that.  But still......he has such a sketchy history with women, and man, he has a temper.  And yet, I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt.  (Why is that?!  He drives me nuts for three hours, five days a week!! )  

Joe has tried to get back into politics. He wanted to run for the Senate in Florida in 2010 . He couldn't believe that Rubio won that seat. Mika used to get mad at him whenever he discussed getting back into politics. She wanted to stay on Morning Joe. The show would have to be put on hiatus during any political campaign. It's unlikely at this stage of his career. I wonder if he would run as an independent?

I remember a few years ago when he wanted to do Meet the Press with Mika. Chuck Todd allowed him to be a panelist & he started shouting at the other guests & Chuck. Chuck told him to calm down. It didn't last long.

• Love 2

Monday Recap. Mika & joe are back together in the studio. Mika is wearing a darktop. Kasie! is wearing a star trek themed white vest. Donnie Deutsh is there bragging about his instagrams  with rented babies with him working on his biceps.

Mika called Donnie sick. Mika was in a bad mood about Trump's tweets playing golf & hitting Hilary.

Mika is working on the re release of her Know Your Value book.

Mik said it would focus on Joe's articles about Trump.

Joe said he was right about the GOP dumping Trump from 2016.

He is upset that Trump got good press last week & wasted it on a few crazy tweets.

Everyone on the panel is upset at Trump's lawyers talking about the Trump probe in a steakhoue.

Joe said Trump's lawyers are not disciplined. You aren't supposed to talk about clients in a public setting.

Mattis & Kelly may have to deal with North Korea.

Joe is upset at North Korea trying to blow up the west coast. Joe doesn't like Trump calling Kim Rocket man.

I can't keep track of all the lawyers that Trump has.

Barnicle is making fun of Iowa.

Mika is easily angered today.

• Love 2

Stavridis said people should ignore Trump's goofy tweets. Stavridis wants a naval blockade of North Korea. The Chinese & Russians may get annoyed with the USA.

Mika is still talking about Trump's tweets. Mika called Trump unbalanced at 640 am. It's a bit behind schedule.

After a serious discussion on Korea with Admiral Stavridis, Joe asked him what he thought about Ames Iowa. Stavridis said he had never been there and there was no seacoast there.I suspect this will be the Joke of the day.

Mika is worried about Trump misbehaving in front of the UN.

Baldwin won an Emmy for portraying Trump on SNL.

Mika keeps trashing Donnie. Stop with the Ames Iowa jokes.

• Love 1

Joe's droning on and on about Ames, Iowa= boring.

Joe's droning on and on about ______________ (fill in the blank with anything whatsoever) is boring. He likes to run things about 30 feet into the ground.

Oakville, if you can stream MJ on your phone in the hospital,  you get sub out your general anesthesia for a topical anesthetic and still be able to deliver our recap.  By the way, enjoy your FREE CANADIAN SURGERY.  (and best of luck)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6
Just now, WhineandCheez said:

Joe's droning on and on about ______________ (fill in the blank with anything whatsoever) is boring. He likes to run things about 30 feet into the ground.

I guess they didn't bother preparing any topics for today's show

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oakville, if you can stream MJ on your phone in the hospital,  you get sub out your general anesthesia for a topical anesthetic and still be able to deliver our recap.  By the way, enjoy your FREE CANADIAN SURGERY.  (and best of luck)

Ha! I went to the hospital for pre op meeting. They told me that I should recover from the General anestic by noon.

The good news is that I will be off work for a couple of weeks. I should be able to do longer recaps.

• Love 7

Their old man ranting that a huge percentage of American's get news from Facebook is embarrassing.  I follow each of those nitwits on Facebook and consume my news from their employers via Facebook.  Oh Gosh!  Does that suddenly delegitimize The Washington Post or the New York Times?  No, of course not.  That people consume news from Facebook is a small matter.
The issue is illegitimate news sources that are actually, truly propaganda.  Facebook is broken and poisonous because people are stupid and are taken advantage of.  And, read the comments beneath legitimate news articles.  There are always troll bot accounts beneath attempting to incite, divide, and deny.  It's a poisonous blend.

The issue isn't that news is consumed via Facebook, the issue is that Facebook can't control (or won't control) bad actors.
The bar for participation on FB should be very high, and real live humans should have to verify their accounts continually.  News outfits should have to be vetted through a strenuous process so that they are approved as real and not a fake, conservative-themed site supported by Rubles and propaganda.

• Love 4

Their problem with their outrage about the Trump tweet about hitting Mrs Clinton with a golf ball is that they implied it was out if the blue; I think Joe even said they Trump was re-fighting the election. But I saw it as a response to Clinton running around the last few weeks blaming anyone but herself for losing the election. It wasn't as totally random as the panel was carrying on it was.

I don't know where Barnicle gets off snarking about Iowa. If it wasn't for his wife's bigshot job at one of the evilest banks in America, I'm not sure where that plagiarist would be living.

When I think of Watergate-era reporter, I think of Elizabeth Drew or Dan Rather, not Sally Quinn. Blowing Ben Bradlee in the early 1970s hardly makes you an expert on Watergate. 

• Love 1
On 9/16/2017 at 7:10 AM, oakville said:

My pleasure!. I will be off next Friday for some minor surgery. I hope to be back a few days after that. The hospital doesn't get MSNBC.

Good thoughts and best wishes for your surgery this Friday Oakville.  Please know I am one of the folks that very much appreciate your recaps as I often do not watch the entire show.  Be well my friend!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Their problem with their outrage about the Trump tweet about hitting Mrs Clinton with a golf ball is that they implied it was out if the blue; I think Joe even said they Trump was re-fighting the election. But I saw it as a response to Clinton running around the last few weeks blaming anyone but herself for losing the election. It wasn't as totally random as the panel was carrying on it was.

I don't know where Barnicle gets off snarking about Iowa. If it wasn't for his wife's bigshot job at one of the evilest banks in America, I'm not sure where that plagiarist would be living.

When I think of Watergate-era reporter, I think of Elizabeth Drew or Dan Rather, not Sally Quinn. Blowing Ben Bradlee in the early 1970s hardly makes you an expert on Watergate. 

I find it strange that Barnicle of all people would mock people in rural Iowa. He spent the last several years providing commentary on "hardworking people in the Midwest trying to pay their bills at the kitchen table".

• Love 3

Morning Joe Tuesday Recap. 10 year anniversary. Mika is wearing her classic black sleeveless dress. Joe is wearing a suit. They have a studio audience.

John Ridley is on the show!. He was the first panelist.

They are talking about Paul Manafort being closed to being indicted. Mika & Joe are giddy about this. He was under investigation since 2014.

Mika is trying to get people laugh at her line of "President Trump will address the UN General Assembly". Mika is praising Jesus that Trump won't say anything inflammatory.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Joe said leaders are discounting Trump's tweets vs actual foreign policy.

Joe said that he ignores some of Mika's emails. Mika is not happy. He shouted that he was joking.

Joe is allowing Capeheart back on the set. I thought they had a falling out?

The clips of the show's past 10 years are pretty good.

Meacham is joking about the term "President Trump".

Meacham said that not everyone pays attention to the UN.

Joe is happy that Mattis,Kelly & McMaster are helping Trump run the country.

Capeheart is upset at the military running the country. However, it's reassuring because of  Trump.

Joe said that institutions have failed the country but people like the military.

• Love 1

Joe is making fun of the Democrats better deal policies. Joe said Trump would win re election if the vote was held today. Rendell warned Joe that Pennysylvania would vote GOP in 2016. Ridley said income is higher now. Harold Ford Jr is on the panel.

Joe said the rich is getting richer. Some have 40 acres of land in Connecticut:)

Willie said Biden warned him that Penn was up for grabs. Can the coastal elite Democrats get along with the Biden-Rendell wing of the party?

I like he crowd reaction shots. Joe said that Mika & Ford Jr kept saying at Joe's son's wedding that Trump will win in 2016. what?

• Love 2

10 year anniversary. Mika is wearing her classic black sleeveless dress. Joe is wearing a suit. They have a studio audience.

When I first turned it on, I thought they were filming a wake.  Everyone, including much of the audience is in black.  The audience looks so glum.  Perhaps they don't realize the historical significance of celebrating the Man who once hung up on Trump and the Woman who declared to the world that covering Paris Hilton "was not news."

I hope they at least set out a tray of Danish for that poor audience.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, oakville said:

They are talking about Paul Manafort being closed to being indicted

I obviously need more coffee as I first read this as Paul McCartney being close to being indicted and, well, I was going to freak out a little bit.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I obviously need more coffee as I first read this as Paul McCartney being close to being indicted and, well, I was going to freak out a little bit.

Don't feel bad. Yesterday I read a story on Jezebel that Kevin Hart had a contortionist who didn't think he was a good cheater.  The word was "extortionist". 

Not enough coffee. Running dog to the vet at 8:50 am. Rushing to office. GAH

This was the lamest 10 year anniversary show ever. 

And then they drag Peggy Noonan's drunk ass out? That woman hasn't been coherent in ten years. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

When I first turned it on, I thought they were filming a wake.  Everyone, including much of the audience is in black.  The audience looks so glum.  Perhaps they don't realize the historical significance of celebrating the Man who once hung up on Trump and the Woman who declared to the world that covering Paris Hilton "was not news."

24 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Ha! I thought McCartney was on show once.

I thought Mika & Joe would be excited about the wiretapping of Manafort

I wonder why the camera kept showing certain members of the audience. Were they friends of NBC?

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I would have hoped for more big names like President Obama or Clinton. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I was there... and they did give us danishes and fruit and lots of coffee.  I have to say everyone seemed in a good mood.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Hey COOL!!!  How did you get into the audience??  Give us some dirt!!  

I just requested a ticket and got lucky!  

No dirt -- and I was upstairs and didn't get to hobnob with them or anything.  But they were chatty between segments.  Mika was eating cookies from someone who brought them to her in the audience.  

Joe shook a lot of hands -- way more than Mika.  You can still see the politician in him.  There were lots of hugs and kisses for all the guests.  Joe and Mika are relatively affectionate with each other when the cameras are not rolling -- especially Mika.  

It was a smooth operation.  Have to say that Mika is actually keeping things in line, even when she is not actively questioning -- she nudges Joe and whispers off camera with direction to include certain folks in the conversation.  

57 minutes ago, oakville said:

I was surprised that Chris Christie mentioned Mika's odd attraction to him. Mika & Joe were friendly with him when he was a rising star in 2011 but not so much recently.

That was totally weird.  Mika seemed uncomfortable and like immediately grabbed for Joe from behind.  We were sitting behind them so could see a lot of the body language from the back.  

I know it is not popular, but I like Christie -- the man just says what he thinks.  That segment got a lot of somewhat uncomfortable laughter.

Edited by Mmtx2002
  • Love 10

I know it is not popular, but I like Christie -- the man just says what he thinks.  That segment got a lot of somewhat uncomfortable laughter

I posted a couple of weeks ago how it is so weird but when he talks, I believe him, and I know I shouldn't.  I wonder why his polls are so low (19%?)  people like Trump for being brash and non-polite, why not Christie? 

• Love 3

Good to see they're still kissing Christie's fat ass.

I'm pretty sure if Trump made nice with them, they'd change their tune on him too. 

Christie saying he didn't do anything wrong is as ridiculous as Trump trying to claim he doesn't have business deals in Russia.

At one point Mika said something like "a lot of laughs, a lot of talk, a lot of something", and I thought"you left out a lot of divorces"

would have hoped for more big names like President Obama or Clinton.

That's adorable.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

At one point Mika said something like "a lot of laughs, a lot of talk, a lot of something", and I thought"you left out a lot of divorces"

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants ?

I tuned in for a few minutes this a.m. and thought there were on some sort of college tour. I did see Cackles and remembered what a turnaround I've done on her. I didn't think too highly of her when she was a frequent guest on MJ, but I really like her 4:00 show.

My favorite guests are often the actual journalists who show up. Robert Costa, for example. I have no idea when that poor man sleeps, as he seems to be on different shows all day long, in addition to hosting Washington Week on PBS. How does he have time to actually, you know, be a journalist?

I really enjoyed your trip report, Mmtx2002.

• Love 8

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/09/chris-christie-whines-about-rachel-maddow

It's so much fun joking around with a sitting governor about  breaking several state & federal laws, throwing his staff under the bus, blaming another anchor of the network, and trying to explain that his ratings dropped by doing "hard stuff".

Yeah, that  blocking lanes on a bridge for four days to get political retribution is some hard stuff, isn't it you fat fuck?   Steve Kornacki, when he hosted "Up" on the weekends, was the one who blew this up Chris. He had covered NJ politics, and knew just who to call to get the scoop on your bullshit.  But I'm sure Rachel appreciates the shout out. Like she gives a shit about what you think about her. 

Maybe Joe & Mika should watch Joy Reid interview someone who lies threw their teeth.  

• Love 7

Steve Kornacki is my favorite MSNBC person because he's a leftie who geeks out on policy and knows electoral maps cold. I wish he would be on here more but I understand why he isn't - years ago when he was at salon.com he wrote a great, scathing piece on what a plagiaristic phony Barnicle is. 

My favorite guests are often the actual journalists who show up. 

Yeah I like actual journalists as opposed to the opinion writers they often have on (eg Eugene Robinson) because frankly, any one of us on this board could be an opinion writer. Real beat journalists bring something to the table. I also prefer the journalists to the "former" such-and-suchs ("former press secretary", "former communications director" etc.)

Interesting how Joe talked about how they almost moved to CBS. Rarely do shows talk about business stuff like this.

Have to say that Mika is actually keeping things in line, even when she is not actively questioning -- she nudges Joe and whispers off camera with direction to include certain folks in the conversation

Tres interesting!

I gotta a little annoyed when Joe started talking in reverential tones about how Russert gave the show gravitas in its early days by appearing and having fun. I know I'm a minority here but I was not a Russert fan and am puzzled by his beatification these past years. 

I also prefer the journalists to the "former" such-and-suchs 

As in "former Reagan speech writer, current consumer of vodka, habitually confused and yet still condescending to the normals, ie anyone who didn't work for Reagan,  Peggy Noonan. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 7

I gotta a little annoyed when Joe started talking in reverential tones about how Russert gave the show gravitas in its early days by appearing and having fun. I know I'm a minority here but I was not a Russert fan and am puzzled by his beatification these past years. 

I'm with ya.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Eliot said:

I'm with ya.

It was a big deal back in 2008 when Russert showed up on Morning Joe.

15 hours ago, teddysmom said:

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/09/chris-christie-whines-about-rachel-maddow

It's so much fun joking around with a sitting governor about  breaking several state & federal laws, throwing his staff under the bus, blaming another anchor of the network, and trying to explain that his ratings dropped by doing "hard stuff".

Yeah, that  blocking lanes on a bridge for four days to get political retribution is some hard stuff, isn't it you fat fuck?   Steve Kornacki, when he hosted "Up" on the weekends, was the one who blew this up Chris. He had covered NJ politics, and knew just who to call to get the scoop on your bullshit.  But I'm sure Rachel appreciates the shout out. Like she gives a shit about what you think about her. 

Maybe Joe & Mika should watch Joy Reid interview someone who lies threw their teeth.  

Isn't Christie auditioning for a job with msnbc? Mika & Joe are trying to make him look credible. He does have friend of the show status.

Wednesday Recap.

Mika & Joe are in studio together. Mika is wearing a new zip up 1960's patterned yellow top. Joe's hair is a mess. He is wearing a pink shirt with a red scotch patterned tie.

They are very subdued today. There must have been a big party yesterday.

The hurricane & earthquake got the first five minutes.

Trump's Rocketman speech at the UN was covered. Joe liked the speech more than expected. Joe said that the elite media will get all lathered up in a tizzy about Rocketman but the American people will like it.

Trump trashed the Iran deal.

Joe is mad at the GOP for trying to repeal Obamacare with 17% support. Joe did not mention that " friend of the show" Lindsay Graham is the co sponsor of the legislation.

Joe said that 60% of the USA would support trump's speech.

Andrea Mitchell showed up to complain about the speech. It was too bombastic.

Trump & Barnicle are arguing about what % of the USA would support his speech.

Ignatious liked the speech.

Joe said Trump is learning not to be isolationist.

The show needs caffeine this morning. Mika is so quiet today.

• Love 2

Joe & Andrea are pushing back o the Manafort was wiretapped before the election story. Joe said the FISA warrant is almost impossible to confirm. Andrea is worried about the credibility of the Mueller investigation.

Could Trump be right about being wiretapped?

Andrea & Joe are not impressed with CNN's reporting of the issue.

People are shouting at Nancy Pelosi for the Dreamer policy.

Tim Ryan! the Democrats last best hope according to Joe.

Tim does not like the GOP health care plan. The deductibles are too high.

• Love 1

Joe is shouting at Richard Haas over North Korea being the 51 st state of China. He is mad at them for funding Morth Korea.

Haas wants more diplomacy & that we should trust China. Haas is afraid of the total destruction of North Korea.

North Korea could make oil out of coal!. This would be bad for the environment.

• Love 1

Joe is wrapping his arms around the leader of the free world's speech. He invoked Harry Truman's name more then once!  He's nine months in and he finally gets the job!

Nevermind that he sounds like a crazy man using the name "Rocket Man" in front of the world. He's so clever.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 5