Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Who was the guys sitting next to Wes Moore with the red tie?  We don't like him, right?

This guy? I've never heard of him, but wow, what a friggin' waste of oxygen.  I was just thinking the other day that a bullshit false equivalency would really get my day off to a good start, especially from someone trying to defend blatant nazism by saying "yeahbut, the left does it, too." You know who they needed on the show to counter that BS? Joy Reid. She would point out the intellectual stupidity and moral repugnancy of comparing BLM to some "economically depressed" supremacists. But no, we instead have Peters because he and Red Tie got in a Twitter tiff or some such and Peters wrote a story about "gee, why did 45 say what he did?" Because...it's just SO HARD to figure that out...SMH.

I would have liked to see more discussion, actually, from Peters and/or Joe, both whom were very vocal in saying that we needed to understand how the conservatives have been so repressed (on campus, in the media, yadda yadda) that of course many of them became 45 supporters. He gave them a voice. For fuck's sake, do you finally get it that the only equivalence you need to talk about is that skinhead=alt-right=conservative party. I want to see the verbal gymnastics that try to tease out an "academic argument" for conservatism/45 supporters while still denying that accepting fascism is part of it. Come on, Peters and Joe, put down the hair gel, drink your Starbucks and try again.

Also, Joe, if you need a "friend" to call for observations of 45-land, I'm your gal. I was in Indiana for a few days. I saw no fewer than three "Killary" signs and a sign for an actual goddamned real estate business that read, "Obamacare killed [name of a baby that died and I am unable to remember name or story right now]" Also, on the drive out, several cute signs that read like, "When young thugs attack, do you have a gun so you can fight back?" Another equivalency: thugs=POC.  I"m available anytime. You're welcome.  

LOL-ed at Willie pronouncing "antifa" as "an-tee-fah." Took me a minute to figure out what the heck he was saying. Is that how the kids are saying it? I prefer "anti-fascist" myself, although the fact that apparently we need to label ourselves as "anti-fascist" is a sad, sad commentary on the state of our country.  

8-15-2017 12-11-51 PM.png

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

It pains me to say this, and I like Willie Geist.  But I just don't think he can carry a morning show.  He comes off as having no energy at all and the entire panel seems to deflate.  He would be great on a Meet-the-Press type of show where he could interview and ask pertinent questions rather than try to lasso a panel full of media people.  With all that has gone on in the last few days, there is SO much fodder to get a group of people talking; but today's show just about put me back to sleep. God help me, I can't stand Joe - but I actually miss his energy when he is not on.  

You hit the nail on the head.   There is nothing very unique or terribly informative about this show.  Its only appeal is Scarborough (bells) and Mika (whistles).   Take them away and the blandness is laid bare for all to see.

6 hours ago, oakville said:

Now Barnicle said that the economy is weaker than the stats show. He questions the numbers produced by the agencies.

Fake stats? Barnicle should stick to his "kitchen table" commentary.

I agree with him.   If you have money on Wall Street, you're doing great under Trump.   Most other people are still struggling.  "Disposable income" is a thing of the past.    It could be the title of a chapter of "The Nineties" series on CNN.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

It pains me to say this, and I like Willie Geist.  But I just don't think he can carry a morning show.  He comes off as having no energy at all and the entire panel seems to deflate.  He would be great on a Meet-the-Press type of show where he could interview and ask pertinent questions rather than try to lasso a panel full of media people.  With all that has gone on in the last few days, there is SO much fodder to get a group of people talking; but today's show just about put me back to sleep. God help me, I can't stand Joe - but I actually miss his energy when he is not on.  I never ever ever miss Meek-a.  She is just a bunch of twitches, fake outrage and facial expressions...hardly ever comes up with any comments that are pertinent; or funny.  God bless her, she tries to have a sense of humor but that is something that just cannot be learned or forced.  I don't dislike her but to me...she is just "there"...

There is a lot less opportunity to snark when the King & Queen are away. 

I laugh at Mika's antics & attacks on pop culture.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, oakville said:

They showed clips of the Mooch blaming Bannon & Priebus for leaking news. Why would anyone take the Mooch seriously?

The media's gleeful willingness to embrace Scaramucci is sickening.   They treat him like a little darling now, when in fact he is/was part of the problem.   

• Love 4

The media's gleeful willingness to embrace Scaramucci is sickening.   They treat him like a little darling now, when in fact he is/was part of the problem. 

10 days.  He was Director for 10 days now he gets to say for the rest of his life "Former White House Communications Director" And he's like a sideshow pony that is being trotted around.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Kim Jong backed off his plan to attack Guam today. Barnicle asks Stavridis about Charlottsville. LOL!

Isn't North Korea the issue?

No one on the panel remembered bashing Trump last week for his tough talk "fire & fury" at Kim. Kim backs off attacking Guam. Maybe it worked?

Are you saying that only North Korea/Guam should be discussed, and not Charlottesville?  Because what happened there is important as well. (Although I'm sure the "LOL" was not referencing Charlottesville.)  

• Love 1

Although he is, in fact, a blowhard, I have to agree that the show flows much better when Joe is there hosting (on set, not in the bunker).  If he could cut down on the pontification and let his guests complete a sentence without cutting them off, this show would be (mostly) downright enjoyable.

P.S. - Until yesterday's show I did not know that we had TWO United States senators with the first name of "Cory".  For some reason I find this mildly amusing.  And I have nothing against the name Cory!

4 hours ago, oakville said:

I wonder why he doesn't appear on the show anymore. ? 

He's in the Senate now.  Not that that is the reason.  He's on evening shows occasionally. I think he was on a show Joy was sub hosting for a couple weeks ago. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Are you saying that only North Korea/Guam should be discussed, and not Charlottesville?  Because what happened there is important as well. (Although I'm sure the "LOL" was not referencing Charlottesville.)  

I thought that Barnicle should have asked Stravidis about Korea Guam & military strategy first.

Charlottesville is no LOL matter!

Barnicle is getting on my nerves lately:)

22 minutes ago, oakville said:

I thought that Barnicle should have asked Stravidis about Korea Guam & military strategy first.

Charlottesville is no LOL matter!

Barnicle is getting on my nerves lately:)

Korea/Guam/military strategy is no doubt crucial, but ongoing.  

Charlottesville is just as important in that it's a reflection of the emboldening of racist groups in the U.S. now that the man who shall not be named is President.  It was a quiet college town before, and now people are in kind of a shock after what happened.  I know two people who attended UVA and they can't believe what happened.  So, in short, I had no problem with Barnicle asking about that as well.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Korea/Guam/military strategy is no doubt crucial, but ongoing.  

Charlottesville is just as important in that it's a reflection of the emboldening of racist groups in the U.S. now that the man who shall not be named is President.  It was a quiet college town before, and now people are in kind of a shock after what happened.  I know two people who attended UVA and they can't believe what happened.  So, in short, I had no problem with Barnicle asking about that as well.

Ok, but Stravidis is usually brought on to discuss foreign policy & military issues.

i am sure he had opinions on Charlottesville but domestic protests aren't his area of expertise.

7 minutes ago, oakville said:

Ok, but Stravidis is usually brought on to discuss foreign policy & military issues.

i am sure he had opinions on Charlottesville but domestic protests aren't his area of expertise.

True, he's a foreign policy/military expert, but that doesn't preclude him (or any other guest, for that matter) from being asked about, and expressing an opinion about, domestic issues as well, since this is a discussion show about a range of issues.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, oakville said:

Now Barnicle said that the economy is weaker than the stats show. He questions the numbers produced by the agencies.

I...didn't hear the "questions the numbers produced by the agencies" at all, unless I have bananas in my year. What hour do you claim to have heard this? Don't think I would have missed that. I heard Mike say that Donald Trump is lying when he boasts about his effect on economic growth in comparison to growth under Obama, and perhaps question the "meaning" of the stats (that they aren't reflective in how people in the lower to middle class are suffering economically). "Questions the numbers produced by the agencies" seems to equate it to what Trump was ACTUALLY doing during his campaign-that the numbers were being "cooked", etc., and to say that's what Mike was saying is willful distortion.  Ok, now I get to bleach my brain out from having to defend Barnicle. 

• Love 2
On 8/14/2017 at 1:29 PM, oakville said:

Morning Joe has failed to bring on guests to discuss why Trump was able to obtain a higher percentage of Latino & African American voter support than Romney or McCain. It's confusing given his hostility towards illegal Latino immigration.

I would love to see just that. I am curious too. Surely there are articulate informed folks who can speak to that. I don't see that sort of thing much anywhere. MJ would do very well taking a topic that is a bit off-center from what everyone and his uncle-talking-head are discussing. 

9 hours ago, stormy said:

Will Mika and Joe be the new James Carville and Mary Matalin?

In their dreams. 

• Love 1

Well after that press conference, five bucks says the lovebirds cut their vacation short and are back onscreen (perhaps though no in the actual studio if they even remember where it is) tomorrow . . . :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BelleBrit said:

I...didn't hear the "questions the numbers produced by the agencies" at all, unless I have bananas in my year. What hour do you claim to have heard this? Don't think I would have missed that. I heard Mike say that Donald Trump is lying when he boasts about his effect on economic growth in comparison to growth under Obama, and perhaps question the "meaning" of the stats (that they aren't reflective in how people in the lower to middle class are suffering economically). "Questions the numbers produced by the agencies" seems to equate it to what Trump was ACTUALLY doing during his campaign-that the numbers were being "cooked", etc., and to say that's what Mike was saying is willful distortion.  Ok, now I get to bleach my brain out from having to defend Barnicle. 

Barnicle did not believe that the economic numbers such as the Dow & unemployment rate & GDP growth were reflecting a strong economy. He used the kitchen table argument. He said poverty still exists in America. He has no clue about what he is talking about when it comes to economics.

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

True, he's a foreign policy/military expert, but that doesn't preclude him (or any other guest, for that matter) from being asked about, and expressing an opinion about, domestic issues as well, since this is a discussion show about a range of issues.  

They could have asked him about Baseball but it's pretty useless.

37 minutes ago, oakville said:
2 hours ago, BelleBrit said:

Barnicle did not believe that the economic numbers such as the Dow & unemployment rate & GDP growth were reflecting a strong economy. He used the kitchen table argument. He said poverty still exists in America. He has no clue about what he is talking about when it comes to economics.

Ok. That's what he said, but my interpretation was that your recap suggested otherwise. My mistake.  Barnicle's words on the economy were quite generic and uncontroversial imo. 

2 hours ago, BelleBrit said:

Ok. That's what he said, but my interpretation was that your recap suggested otherwise. My mistake.  Barnicle's words on the economy were quite generic and uncontroversial imo. 

He doesn't think the numbers are rigged. If you don't have investments in the stock market, then you don't personally benefit from its current level. If you are working for minimum wage, it's tough to visit Nantucket. This is his standard talking point he has been saying for the last 10 years.

He misses the point that 20% increase in the stock market since the election does help those who have 401k's & mutual funds etc.

3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Well after that press conference, five bucks says the lovebirds cut their vacation short and are back onscreen (perhaps though no in the actual studio if they even remember where it is) tomorrow . . . :)

I would have thought they would love to be on the Presidents tv ad as enemies. They used an old picture of Mika with darker blonde hair

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

I would have thought they would love to be on the Presidents tv ad as enemies. They used an old picture of Mika with darker blonde hair

Ok, it only took me a half hour to figure out how to quote just one line . . . sigh . . . Mika with dark hair? . . . mon dieu could they not have found a shot of her leaving her plastic surgeon's office after her chin tuck?  Goodness the waters we are heading into . . . :(

And for me, I would be fine with Mike (The Plagiarist) Barnicle keeping his opinions of the current economy to himself as he lives at a level of financial security that are incapable of understanding how the majority of folks live at these days.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

He doesn't think the numbers are rigged. If you don't have investments in the stock market, then you don't personally benefit from its current level. If you are working for minimum wage, it's tough to visit Nantucket. This is his standard talking point he has been saying for the last 10 years.

He misses the point that 20% increase in the stock market since the election does help those who have 401k's & mutual funds etc.

But he's right.  The rich are getting richer, and everyone else can suck it.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, it only took me a half hour to figure out how to quote just one line . . . sigh . . . Mika with dark hair? . . . mon dieu could they not have found a shot of her leaving her plastic surgeon's office after her chin tuck?  Goodness the waters we are heading into . . . :(

And for me, I would be fine with Mike (The Plagiarist) Barnicle keeping his opinions of the current economy to himself as he lives at a level of financial security that are incapable of understanding how the majority of folks live at these days.

Mika looks better in the enemies or Trump ad. However, her Bond Villainess status was obtained after she switched to her white hair blond style with sleeveless dresses & pointy Jimmy Choo high heels. In the comic book version of the show, Mika would use her high heels to attack her opponents or make frownie faces at them to confuse them . Joe would threaten his opponents with hair spray or remind them about his days in Congress.

1 hour ago, cased said:

Joe is on the show today. It looks like he is in a vacation house overlooking a lake. 

I love the new above ground cottage bunker with nice lighting in the bank. Joe's hair is a mess but he brought a nice blazer to Nantucket. Joe is so outraged about Trump's press conference that he complimented Marco Rubio.

• Love 2

Today's recap brought to you by the Never Trump panel of cackles, Michael Steele, Harold Ford Jr & Hallie Jackson. Willie is in charge & Mika is taking the morning off after shopping for her new outfits . Joe was in a bad mood last night on twitter so she probably needed a few glasses of wine to calm herself down.

Joe blamed Trump for lying about David Duke.

Joe wants Chow,Kelly & Mnucin to stop enabling a white supremacist.

Cackles now says they are tainted with stench with whatever he did yesterday. Wow!. Cackles has been tainted with the stench of what she did to help Sarah Palin rise to prominence & refusing to resign until after the campaign was over in 2008.

Cackles better hope that she has a lifetime contract at MSNBC.

Should Cackles not be embarrassed for appearing on Morning Joe in 2015-2016 & bragging to Trump how popular he was with her parents? Cackles is just as guilty as the Trump cabinet. She should have refused to appear on Morning Joe when Trump was being interviewed. She is a hypocrite.

Cackles wanted to stay on the air in 2015 & 2016 after being fired from the View. She put her own financial & career objectives ahead of her "views".

• Love 2

Joe is mad at anyone who donates to the Trump campaign. No checks for the RNC or TRump. Face the wrath of Joe!.

I hope Joe puts his money where his mouth is & runs for office! LOL!

Joe now acknowledged that Washingyon & Jefferson owned slaves. It was a bumpy ride!. Did their slaves feel that way.?

Meacham said that Trump is now talking like George Wallace or Strom Thurmond. Byrd Jr is exempt from being mentioned like Wallace & Thurmond because he became a Democrat.

I was away last night at a baseball game so I missed Trump's wild press conference. Did he really tell people to visit the Trump winery in Charlottsville?

• Love 3

If you are working for minimum wage, it's tough to visit Nantucket.

I make a decent salary and I can't afford to visit Nantucket.  However, on Friday I am leaving for a one week vacation on the beach in the South of Fra.........Maryland

In the comic book version of the show, Mika would use her high heels to attack her opponents or make frownie faces at them to confuse them . Joe would threaten his opponents with hair spray or remind them about his days in Congress.

KEWT! I see adding them to the next The Avengers sequel--Mika can shoot out death rays from the furrows in her brow  from making frownie faces (depending on whether or not she gets Botox, I don't know)  Joe bellows and waves emit from his mouth, traveling down to the Florida Panhandle.

As for the important stuff going on nowadays.  WHY IS ANYONE BOTHERING WITH THE OUTRAGE????  Donald Trump's mission in life is to be oppositional.  Perhaps he has oppositional disorder--isn't there something like that (any Psychologists here?)  That's probably why he was sent to military school as a kid.  He is going to double down, triple down and bazzilional down until nothing is left but charred remains.  There is nothing to be done.  IF he is guilty of collusion it won't be proved for another 2 years, as I understand. If the Dems cannot dig around and find somebody who is under 70 to run, Trump will win again.  I used to watch/listen 3 hours a day of MJ and then another couple of hours of MSNBC.  I have cut this down substantially.  I am too optimistic of a person to take much of this anymore.

• Love 2

Joe is mad at anyone donating to trump or RNC. LOL

IMO it's worse that the generals would not try to salvage and tiny shred of self respect they still might have and walk out the door today.

I at least feel better that the CEO's gave him a fuck you asshole.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cased said:

Joe is on the show today. It looks like he is in a vacation house overlooking a lake. 

I think they are at Mika's family's house in Maine based on social media.  I guess Mika got to sleep in -- or it was too expensive to send hair and makeup people for her.  :)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I make a decent salary and I can't afford to visit Nantucket.  However, on Friday I am leaving for a one week vacation on the beach in the South of Fra.........Maryland

KEWT! I see adding them to the next The Avengers sequel--Mika can shoot out death rays from the furrows in her brow  from making frownie faces (depending on whether or not she gets Botox, I don't know)  Joe bellows and waves emit from his mouth, traveling down to the Florida Panhandle.

As for the important stuff going on nowadays.  WHY IS ANYONE BOTHERING WITH THE OUTRAGE????  Donald Trump's mission in life is to be oppositional.  Perhaps he has oppositional disorder--isn't there something like that (any Psychologists here?)  That's probably why he was sent to military school as a kid.  He is going to double down, triple down and bazzilional down until nothing is left but charred remains.  There is nothing to be done.  IF he is guilty of collusion it won't be proved for another 2 years, as I understand. If the Dems cannot dig around and find somebody who is under 70 to run, Trump will win again.  I used to watch/listen 3 hours a day of MJ and then another couple of hours of MSNBC.  I have cut this down substantially.  I am too optimistic of a person to take much of this anymore.

There is a twitter handle called @Pres.Supervillain which uses Trump's quotes & photoshops them into the comics. It's absolutely hilarious.

My parents met in Cape Cod & I went there every year growing up. We hope to go there next summer & take a side trip to visit the Royal Couple on Nantucket.

The Daily Ranting & Raving of the panels over every dumb thing that Trump says is annoying. Trump starting his campaign by bashing Mexicans etc. This has been going on for 2 years now.

It would be much better for the show if they could have up & coming Democrats that could defeat Trump. Why not focus on possible GOP challengers to Trump in 2020?

Cackles is mad at GOP members that tweet complaints about Trump all day. Isn't that what she does? What happens to her show if Trump leaves office? She will be out of a job.

1 minute ago, Mmtx2002 said:

I think they are at Mika's family's house in Maine based on social media.  I guess Mika got to sleep in -- or it was too expensive to send hair and makeup people for her.  :)

That makes sense! Mika's family has a house in Maine. Perhaps they will visit with the Bush family in Kennebunkport?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, stormy said:

Joe is mad at anyone donating to trump or RNC. LOL

IMO it's worse that the generals would not try to salvage and tiny shred of self respect they still might have and walk out the door today.

I would hope that given the serious foreign policy issues with North Korea & the Middle East, that Kelly, Mattis & Tillerson stay. I wouldn't want Trump being left alone during a real crisis.

The hyperventilating over a Trump's tantrum yesterday is a waste of time.

I hope the show has a discussion on taking down statues of Confederate generals. Joe's opinions would be interesting here.

Why is Hallie Jackson not wearing her engagement ring?

• Love 1

Barnicle is on the panel now. He is so melodramatic. Aha!. Barnicle repeats his line that The President of the United States is a disgrace. !. He repeats himself everyday.

Barnicle pretends to be a poor man's Andy Rooney, yet never tells viewers that his wife is a Bank VP. He never tells viewers that he attended Hillary's fundraisers. Perhaps Barnicle could make a donation to Heather's Heyer's family or BLM/Antifa so he put his money where his big mouth is ?

The Christopher Cantwell documentary is scary. Restraint by the White Supremacists? Wow!

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

I hope the show has a discussion on taking down statues of Confederate generals. Joe's opinions would be interesting here.

Yes, I'd like to hear this discussed on the show.  TRUMP IS RIGHT--what are they going to take down George Washington statues because he owned slaves?  Thomas Jefferson?? Everybody in the Old Testament?

I was away last night at a baseball game so I missed Trump's wild press conference. Did he really tell people to visit the Trump winery in Charlottsville?

To be fair, a reporter brought it up and then Trump bragged on it for a minute.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

The hyperventilating over a Trump's tantrum yesterday is a waste of time.

No I don't really think it is.  It's not hyperventilating.   I think we as a country are at a crossroads where we either stop Trump or allow him to give white supremacy free rein.  WH staff stated that these are views he has expressed in private, but they never thought he'd actually say them in public.  

The clip from the Vice doc Willie was talking about, which they ran on MJ this mrorning,  showed one of the leaders stating "more people will probably die". 

4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

TRUMP IS RIGHT--what are they going to take down George Washington statues because he owned slaves?  

Jon Meacham was asked this and he stated "these men were not perfect but we have to look at the circumstances under which statues were erected. Washington & Jefferson founded the country and that is what the statue honors. Lee was a traitor trying to destroy the country and his statue honors his stand for slavery". And a lot of the statues in the South were erected during Jim Crow, when the South was trying to rebrand the Confederacy as an honorable fight against tyranny, hoping everyone would forget the  Cornerstone Speech. 

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, Mmtx2002 said:

Joe was only on until 7:30. He probably had to go to eat breakfast with Mika. 

Edited by cased
Fixed typo
  • Love 2

C'mon... comparing statues of Confederate generals put up in the 1940s to obliquely intimidate non-whites to statues of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson is a straw man argument.  Lifted straight from right wing radio.

Barnicle is an idiot.  Listening to him meander through his half-baked thoughts is such drudgery.  The totality of what he says has no nuance or insight.  And he meanders through a word salad hoping he'll strike the right turn of phrase or observation.   He has no idea what makes Trump tick, and I feel as if before he gets going on a mini-rant, he takes a deep breath and wonders to himself if this time he'll get it right. 

• Love 3

What Aaron Sorkinesque fantasy world do these people live in that they actually think people may resign from this administration?  They signed up to work for him after all that happened last year and the Muslim ban this year. All you need to hear to throw away that stupid idea is that toolbag that Joy interviewed for the small business industry group. Trump is their man. They're sticking with him. 

And sorry Joe, if your beloved John Kelly sticks with this job after standing there and listening to it, he's as bad as the rest. Dispel with this idea that he was going to straighten Trump out. That grimace yesterday wasn't so much for the content of Trump's rant but the realization that he would have to deal with the aftermath. 

Yeah but some are still on. Including the CEO of GE, a major ad buyer on this show. What would Millie Dresselhaus think? (I *hate* those commercials.)

The tone of this show today reminded me the time following Pussy Tape last year. A lot of (justifiable) outrage but it will come to nothing. You can't shame a shameless man.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

No I don't really think it is.  It's not hyperventilating.   I think we as a country are at a crossroads where we either stop Trump or allow him to give white supremacy free rein.  WH staff stated that these are views he has expressed in private, but they never thought he'd actually say them in public.  

The clip from the Vice doc Willie was talking about, which they ran on MJ this mrorning,  showed one of the leaders stating "more people will probably die". 

Jon Meacham was asked this and he stated "these men were not perfect but we have to look at the circumstances under which statues were erected. Washington & Jefferson founded the country and that is what the statue honors. Lee was a traitor trying to destroy the country and his statue honors his stand for slavery". And a lot of the statues in the South were erected during Jim Crow, when the South was trying to rebrand the Confederacy as an honorable fight against tyranny, hoping everyone would forget the  Cornerstone Speech. 

Joe is now demanding that Jared & Ivanka resign from the admininstration. Joe asks what is Jared doing in the White?

Jared was busy taking your calls Joe in February when you asked him to get his father in law  to spike the story on your affair with Mika. Joe is a coward for hiding behind NBC News because he won't release his text messages to Jared.

Joe was a patsy using Jared to get scoops on the White House & use them to bash Bannon so he could get high ratings for his "breaking news". "Joe is first to report!" ads.

There are many ways to stop Trump. Why doesn't Joe & Cackles organize a protest in Nantucket against Trump?

Long time viewers remember Joe whining about the Ferguson riots & blaiming reporters for getting hit with tear gas because they wouldn't leave the riots.

The issue of slavery in the USA is difficult to discuss. Why does Meacham accept that it was OK for Washington & Jefferson to own slaves but not Lee? Slavery is bad.

Do the General Lee statues really have inscriptions that state that General Lee fought for slavery? Wow! I didn't know that.

25 minutes ago, cased said:

Joe was only on until 7:30. He probably had to go to eat breakfast with Mika. 

I would have loved to see Mika in the  morning without hair or makeup. She looked so much better in the early days of the show without the white/blond hair.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

What Aaron Sorkinesque fantasy world do these people live in that they actually think people may resign from this administration?  They signed up to work for him after all that happened last year and the Muslim ban this year. All you need to hear to throw away that stupid idea is that toolbag that Joy interviewed for the small business industry group. Trump is their man. They're sticking with him. 

And sorry Joe, if your beloved John Kelly sticks with this job after standing there and listening to it, he's as bad as the rest. Dispel with this idea that he was going to straighten Trump out. That grimace yesterday wasn't so much for the content of Trump's rant but the realization that he would have to deal with the aftermath. 

Yeah but some are still on. Including the CEO of GE, a major ad buyer on this show. What would Millie Dresselhaus think? (I *hate* those commercials.)

The tone of this show today reminded me the time following Pussy Tape last year. A lot of (justifiable) outrage but it will come to nothing. You can't shame a shameless man.

It is quite telling that Joe or Cackles won't call out Jeff Immelt who used to be their boss when GE owned NBC.

Joe should refuse to allow ads for GE to subsidize his show. The increase in ad revenue for the show has helped finance Joe's lifestyle. If Joe had any true convictions, he would offer to take a pay cut by banning advertisers that he doesn't agree with.

• Love 1

So after 45 minutes of bashing anyone that works with Trump, Joe switched sides and said that it is OK for Congress to work on issues that affect their constituents. They should work with Trump on tax reform. Congress is allowed to work on other issues but make it clear that they don't support white supremacists. Joe said it is ok to donate to Rubio or Corey Gardner because although they are GOP, they hate Trump.

Now it's back to red lines on racism.

Make up your mind Joe!. You demanded that the cabinet & Kelly resign but its OK for Congress to work with Trump on other issues?

I'm glad they had Hallie on again. I knew she  was there at Trump Tower during his loving tribute to the Brotherhood of Tiki Torches. 

Such nice people, and they always follow gov't ordinances on requesting permits. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

Joe switched sides again around 715 am. he wants the GOP Congress to stop passing bills until Trump apologizes for his remarks yesterday. Joe bragged that he did this when Newt Gingrich was Speaker of the House.

Joy Ann Reid is on now & mad at Omarosa & Ben Carson for not speaking out against Trump. Where was Joy Ann Reid when MSNBC got rid of Tamron Hall, Toure,Melissa Harris Perry & demoted Al Sharpton? She can't have it both ways.

She wants people of color to stand up to Trump. She won't stand up to MSNBC.

Robert Costa said that the staff is afraid of getting a Trump Tweet barrage against him. Willie called it pathetic.

The outrage of the panel regarding those working for Trump - why would they resign?  If they really had scruples or disagreed with Trump they wouldn't have taken the job in the first place.  Why would the Gary Cohn give up his idea of tax reform - $700- 800 million isn't enough - why give up the chance to reform the tax code so he can pay a lot less in taxes because one thing you can be sure of any tax reform isn't going to benefit those of us making between $50,000 - $100,000.  Maybe Mattis and McManus think they need to do it to curb trump's security impulses and lack of knowledge which I can sorta see but Kelly no way - he's not in a security matter job.

I haven't really had any strong opinions one way or the other regarding the statues of Lee, etc but to equate those statues with Jefferson and Washington misses a major point.  Celebrating Confederates is celebrating people who fought against this country.  Jefferson and Washington are founding fathers of this country.  Following trump's logic should we rip up the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution since white men who owned slaves wrote them and/or signed them?

The video they showed of that white supremacist was really scary.

• Love 3

Joy Ann Reid is on now & mad at Omarosa & Ben Carson for not speaking out against Trump. Where was Joy Ann Reid when MSNBC got rid of Tamron Hall, Toure,Melissa Harris Perry & demoted Al Sharpton? She can't have it both ways.

She wants people of color to stand up to Trump. She won't stand up to MSNBC.

SERIOUSLY? That is about the weakest example of "what-aboutism" I've ever seen. There is a world of difference between canceling a TV show due to low ratings and and working for an administration that is throwing its weight behind Nazis, white supremacists, and the KKK.

I hope you were being sarcastic.

Maybe Mattis and McManus think they need to do it to curb trump's security impulses and lack of knowledge which I can sorta see but Kelly no way - he's not in a security matter job.

That point came up on the show today. Someone asked the question, "If they go, who in the world will take their places and will they be worse?"

I am giving Mattis and McMaster the benefit of the doubt, but not Kelly. He has been way too gung-ho excited about enforcing the Muslim ban and stepping up ICE enforcement. He's been a big disappointment. But I see Barnicle is still clinging (see what I did there!) to the fiction that Kelly is going to bring some sort of integrity to the office.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, abbyzenn said:

The outrage of the panel regarding those working for Trump - why would they resign?  If they really had scruples or disagreed with Trump they wouldn't have taken the job in the first place.  Why would the Gary Cohn give up his idea of tax reform - $700- 800 million isn't enough - why give up the chance to reform the tax code so he can pay a lot less in taxes because one thing you can be sure of any tax reform isn't going to benefit those of us making between $50,000 - $100,000.  Maybe Mattis and McManus think they need to do it to curb trump's security impulses and lack of knowledge which I can sorta see but Kelly no way - he's not in a security matter job.

I haven't really had any strong opinions one way or the other regarding the statues of Lee, etc but to equate those statues with Jefferson and Washington misses a major point.  Celebrating Confederates is celebrating people who fought against this country.  Jefferson and Washington are founding fathers of this country.  Following trump's logic should we rip up the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution since white men who owned slaves wrote them and/or signed them?

The video they showed of that white supremacist was really scary.

Joy Reid was mad at George HW Bush for running the Willie Horton ads in 1988 despite denouncing David Duke in 1991.

Joy Reid was mad at President Johnson for calling African Americans Negroes in the 1950's.

The discussion about removing historical statues is fascinating.

Washington & Jefferson did help found the country, but weren't there astericks in the Constitution when it came to "all men created equal"? Slavery & the rights of women, & minorities were not the same then.

Weren't Washington & Jefferson considered to be traitors to the British Empire for revolting against the King of England.

7 minutes ago, Eliot said:

SERIOUSLY? That is about the weakest example of "what-aboutism" I've ever seen. There is a world of difference between canceling a TV show due to low ratings and and working for an administration that is throwing its weight behind Nazis, white supremacists, and the KKK.

I hope you were being sarcastic.

That point came up on the show today. Someone asked the question, "If they go, who in the world will take their places and will they be worse?"

I am giving Mattis and McMaster the benefit of the doubt, but not Kelly. He has been way too gung-ho excited about enforcing the Muslim ban and stepping up ICE enforcement. He's been a big disappointment. But I see Barnicle is still clinging (see what I did there!) to the fiction that Kelly is going to bring some sort of integrity to the office.

The Morning Joe panels are demanding every 15 minutes that everyone quit the Administration over Trump's press conference. The country's entire agenda should come to a standstill over Trump's latest temper tantrum. 

As someone pointed out earlier on the forum, Mnucin wants tax reform done, which will likely benefit the Goldman Sachs crowd. Mattis & Tillerson want to prevent Trump from using nuclear weapons.

Joe wants CEO's to quit the Council of CEO's but won't call out his friend Jeff Immelt.

Joe won't demand that GE stop funding his show. He's playing to the cheap seats.

Joy Ann Reid is a strong defender of race issues but won't stand up for her colleagues when they get fired. It wasn't solely ratings.

She is more than happy to take their place.

MSNBC made a conscious decision in the last two years to remove as many progressive voices as possible from their network.

Mika & Joe applauded the move & were happy that "their people" got promoted.