Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Wig

I had to laugh at Nick sniffing Reagan's hair because I had a coworker who would jokingly sniff my hair when he was pretending to be a creepy guy. But yeah, Reagan, you suck for not having the balls to just break up with someone. I had a friend who was the same way and it drove me crazy to see the way he would try to get out of breaking up with a girl.

It's been a long time since I lived in LA, but back in the olden days burritos came wrapped in yellow paper (sometimes white paper, which was considered inferior). Most of the places I go to in San Diego when I visit my parents still use paper to wrap burritos. Foil wrapped burritos are more of a northern California thing, which I LOATHE. The foil steams the tortilla which increases the likelihood of a bean blowout as you're eating (burritos in southern California are grilled, not steamed). Yes, this is what I was focusing on while everyone was eating burritos.

• Love 1

I'm guessing that part of the idea of the Reagan character was to bring in someone who's not especially nice to shake up the dynamics of the loft, but at his point I'm glad that she's just a temporary fill-in for Jess. Everybody's trying to be friendly, even Nick in his super-creepy way, and she's cold and aloof. Maybe the rest of the story arc will be about her finally warming up... hope so.

Schmidt and Cece may want to spring for a hotel room.

Much as I love this show I'm afraid it doesn't have too many seasons left.  I think the number of posters here is an indicator of the level of interest in the show  :(

Oh, and I thought I'd hate Megan Fox on my New Girl, but I'm not minding her.  Do come back right quick, though, Zooey!

• Love 2

Much as I love this show I'm afraid it doesn't have too many seasons left.  I think the number of posters here is an indicator of the level of interest in the show  :(

The activity on the forums rarely corresponds with actual viewership of a program. A lot of it has to do with the demographics that watch the show versus who is actually on here.

That said, the entirety of Fox's Tuesday night lineup is performing pretty poorly in the ratings right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see sweeping changes to their lineup after this season ends. Since New Girl just crossed the (somewhat) magical episode number 100 that makes it a prime candidate for syndication, which could give it a ratings boost. But it also could mean it's a good time to cut it for something new.

The Reagan character isn't cutting it for me, at all. She's a poor fit for the misfits who regularly populate this show. They could have gotten along fine without her. The little snippet of CeCe trying to make the bed was great and proved they didn't need a replacement for Jess. I also loved how CeCe went "full Nick" after finding the fake IDs. I did like the whole gang trying to back up Reagan's story about being a criminal and making up gang names and such. "You're Japanese?" But it was the gang that made that scene work, not Reagan. 

• Love 3

"I'm Full Nick all the time, can you imagine what that's like?"

I really enjoyed the episodes where it was just the other four getting up to shenanigans. Regan's just kind of there to tread water at the moment, but I guess that's okay over a 22 episode season. And at least she did a little more this week than just be there. The worming out of breaking up with someone thing has been done, but at least it gave her something to do.

Everything about Nick always kills me... full Nick, Nick might actually be 50, etc.

At the end, when Reagan's ex was trashing "her" room and "her" stuff, I kept waiting for someone to realize she was probably trashing Jess's stuff.

This! Jess's ribbons where probably torn to shreds. And now I want a burrito

• Love 1

I loved how you could hear the scorned girlfriend yelling in the background while trashing the room. At one point she said something like "what are all these ribbons?!"

Winston might just be my favorite character on television. It doesn't matter what he's doing, he kills me.

• Love 1

I don't mind Regan, she has some funny lines, but her being there makes me like Cece a lot more.

Winston, as always, was the star of this episode. His whole reaction to Regan trying to break up with him was hilarious. (D-apostrophe-Lante.)  

• Love 5

I've been surprised how OK I am with Megan Fox. I mean, they have pretty much just heaped every piece of Megan Fox paraphernalia on her -- bisexual aloof hot bit-of-a-user Megan Fox. But she's deliberately constructed to be the Anti-Jess, so that works. If anything, I feel it keeps Jess's presence around because it's obvious the affect she's had on Cece and the guys. It's a bit like when Coach came back and the dynamic had changed due to Jess, causing him to adjust and open up. I wouldn't want it to permanent by any stretch, but I like the opportunity to see how things have changed since Jess first moved in.

• Love 1

How many barge.ins does a person need , to start locking their freakin door? Or hang a sock ? Even without Reagan there, r in an apartment with multiple roommates, there has to be a way to not be barged in on during I intimacy.