Type keyword(s) to search

Sleepy Hollow in the Media

More Orlando commentary

Wait, what? Is Trollando jumping ship completely? Let me head on over to the Shady Hollow tag in Tumblr to see what's what.

I think that represents the Ichatrina ship going down.  He posted that right after Katrina and Henry confronted Ichabod & Abbie and blew up the car.  Basically once Ichabod knew once and for all that Katrina was throwing in her lot with Henry

• Love 5

I think that represents the Ichatrina ship going down.  He posted that right after Katrina and Henry confronted Ichabod & Abbie and blew up the car.  Basically once Ichabod knew once and for all that Katrina was throwing in her lot with Henry

Yes - that's exactly what that meant.

One of his twitter fans (who must have stopped watching the show) was confused though - she thought he was throwing shade at the show and hoping it sunk... she then said her last show was his last show when he died and it sounded like she thought he was trashing the show that he was no longer on.

She clearly needs to catch up, lol.

"So be sweet and kind to Mother,

Now and then have a chat
Buy her candy or some flowers [black roses?],
Or a brand new hat
But, maybe you had better let it go at that
Or you may find yourself with a quite complex complex

And
You may end up like Oedipus
(I'd rather marry a duck-billed platypus)

Then end up like old Oedipus Rex!."

Edited by jhlipton

Cinema Blend is just basically quoting the TV Guide interview, but I just have to post it because the title cracks me up. They're not pulling any punches, are they?

Sleepy Hollow's Katrina Kind Of Sucks, According To The Woman Who Plays Her

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/television/Sleepy-Hollow-Katrina-Kind-Sucks-According-Woman-Who-Plays-Her-70077.html

From the interview-Here’s what Winter had to say in a recent interview with TV Guide when asked why fans have had troubling falling in love with Katrina.

"God, I've had a hard time at times. I'm doing the best with what I've given. I'm not in control over the story lines, so I've at times been frustrated with certain things. So I totally see why it's been difficult for fans."

So, there you have it. Winter has been as frustrated with her Sleepy Hollow character as fans have been. The actress doesn’t stop with that comment, though. Instead, she goes on to tell TV Guide that there are numerous problems that Katrina has had during Season 2 of the fish-out-of-water, supernatural drama.

"She's been trying to do this good thing, but she always seems to upset people. There's always someone upset with Katrina. Her son or Ichabod or Abbie or Headless, you know?... She hasn't really had that strength that I think people expect from a witch. Especially because it's been said so many times in the series, "She's got so much power!" and then she hasn't been able to prove it yet. So I think that's where a lot of the frustration lies. And also the fact that a lot of people don't like the idea of Ichabod being with someone else other than Abbie. That doesn't help."

That latter quote pretty much sums up our gripes about Katrina, although I’m not sure it’s a sharp move for the actress to complain about her personal problems to a reporter without a heads up to the Sleepy Hollow staff.

Interesting

• Love 1

Nicole was on the Tavis Smiley show tonight.

Just caught the repeat of this. NB is just so ridiculously personable and smart. Wish the interview had been longer, but I enjoyed hearing a little about her childhood and how she got into acting. She also had such nice things to say about SH fans; a class act, as always.

• Love 3

According to Aaron Baiers public Twitter page, FOX has started promoting SH again.  Baiers also included another emotions tag, if they don't show up, could a Twitter expert do the honors?  Thanks.  Also,  "Ichabod Crane's" public twitter page continues to be   . . . touched.

Aaron Baiers @abaiers  ·  6h 6 hours ago

Once again you amazing #Sleepyheads have done it!!! Some amazing promos thanks to your #SleepyHollow passion and @FOXTV @SleepyHollowFOX

• Love 1

According to Aaron Baiers public Twitter page, FOX has started promoting SH again. Baiers also included another emotions tag, if they don't show up, could a Twitter expert do the honors? Thanks. Also, "Ichabod Crane's" public twitter page continues to be . . . touched.

I made the stupid choice to follow the Ichabod Crane page without reading any tweets. Bad Idea Bears! It took 5 tweets before I decided I didn't need that mess clogging up my feed.

Edited by LeeLeePanda

According to Aaron Baiers public Twitter page, FOX has started promoting SH again.  Baiers also included another emotions tag, if they don't show up, could a Twitter expert do the honors?  Thanks.  Also,  "Ichabod Crane's" public twitter page continues to be   . . . touched.

Interesting that they’ve started sending Nicole out on all these little press jaunts…I think she did Access Hollywood as well.  And I saw a SH promo during “Empire”.  After basically hiding your lead black actress while pimping out her European Standard of Beauty co-star, you’ve decided Black is Beautiful after all and you now want to ride the Taraji-Viola wave?  Is that what this sudden need to promo the show and Nicole is all about?  Or am I being too sensitive?

• Love 8

Interesting that they’ve started sending Nicole out on all these little press jaunts…I think she did Access Hollywood as well.  And I saw a SH promo during “Empire”.  After basically hiding your lead black actress while pimping out her European Standard of Beauty co-star, you’ve decided Black is Beautiful after all and you now want to ride the Taraji-Viola wave?  Is that what this sudden need to promo the show and Nicole is all about?  Or am I being too sensitive?

Some will agree with you and I respect those opinions.  I know when Aaron Baiers mentioned promos on Empire, people jumped down his throat and the man backed down.  But Baiers (IMO) was simply suggesting a stragetic business decision.  FOX wants to be #1 network.  They have a show they like enough to give it a second chance with a passionate fan base, but has low ratings.  These same passionate fans have said writers of said low rated show have sidelined lead actress most of the season.   Now that FOX is in charge, it makes perfect business sense to a) get lead actress out and about and b) pair low rated show with your highest rated one and hope for viewer crossover.  FOX isn't a charity, they want a return on their investment and SH has a lot of catching up to do.  Trust me, if FOX didn't own SH, this wouldn't even be a question.  SH would have joined "Almost Human" and all the other low rated, now cancelled, shows not owned by FOX.

Plus, the PR department is not the same as the creative one.  The writers don't tell actors where to go to promote shows, the PR department does.  IIRC, doing PR is even written in contracts which is why you currently see actors nominated for Oscars all over the place and why it makes entertainment news when one balks.  The writers don't care if these actors go on show after show.  The PR department - who promote shows which helps bring in more money - does.   We have to all remember the word business is after show for a reason. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 7

How so? Don't venture there except for Orlando cause he so amuses me

An Ichtrina obsessed fan created it. im not sure what version of the show this person is watching, but it's not one based in our world.

I follow Orlando and highly recommend looking up #sleepyholla. Hilarious stuff!

• Love 1

If it makes you feel better, they were probably always going to make sure she attended the NAACP awards and she attended last years Black Women in Hollywood luncheon, so she would have attended this year too. If she's already going to be in LA, why not have her do promo?

Edited by Watermelon
  • Love 4

Apparently some people are mounting a campaign to get SH renewed for season 3 and created a web page. They'd better be successful, dammit. *crossesfingers*

Sleepy Hollow Hub

Glad someone posted this because there's actually a list of campaign activities posted now. Many are Twitter campaigns, including a trending event this coming Monday. Looks like there's too long a list to actually quote it here though - http://sleepyhollowhub.com/post/111580570131/updated-sleepy-hollow-renewal-campaign-and

• Love 1

It's a sensitive topic in general and they way they've handled the bulk of S2 warrants a little extra scrutiny.  They've spent the whole season in Katrinaland - a decision that has cost them.  In an effort to promote that "vision" and generate interest, they've put KW out there a lot.  And by all accounts I've read, the interviewers have found her very personable.  What generated this Katrinacentric interest in the showrunners escapes me, but no one has asked me to take the lead of a show...

As MissAlmond pointed out, it is just good business - including capitalizing on the Taraji-Viola interest.  But on a stand alone basis, I find NB beautiful, engaging, articulate and (most importantly) likable.  Sending her out on interviews should be a no-brainer whether there's Black is Beautiful buzz or not. 

From the pictures I've seen of NB & TM out at various events, their chemistry is almost tangible - they look like they are having so much fun and they look like the kind of people you would have a falling on the floor good time with.  I haven't seen a lot of pictures of TM with KW - a quick google search of images show them out there, but none that are particularly compelling.

I think the way the show has been handled this season, combined with Goffman's propensity to respond to  questions about Abbie with Katrina answers, is a legitimate cause to question the reason behind any increase in NB's profile (and the lack of any significant focus on Abbie in the show).  Not promoting NB was a bad decision whatever the rationale behind it was.

So...I don't think you are being too sensitive.  I think there is the appearance of a bias that a casual viewer or fan can see; the true source of that bias probably cannot be determined from that vantage point.  I mean there are folks out there that see no concern with S2 or think that it has been an improvement over S1. 

• Love 8

They've been promoting Sleepy Hollow during every episode of Empire that I've seen - since the pilot.

I think we were even commenting that fans would see the Nicole-heavy promos and think that the show was focused on her, watch and see that it was Katrina 24/7 - well, until now (although she's still there more than I'd like).

But yeah - I agree with you in spirit because before Empire, they weren't really featuring Nicole enough. The FB page and all of the promotional materials that went with Sleepy Hollow were ALL downplaying Nicole - the first issue of Sleepy Hollow magazine took a cast photo of Sleepy Hollow that had Abbie and Ichabod at the same level and blew up Ichabod to cover most of the cover and put Nicole at the same level as Katrina... I remember we were all really upset about it. Plus Hulu and other streaming services used a LOT of Katrina heavy promotion... FB had way too little Abbie... Fox, the show runners, the PR people - EVERYONE was onboard the "Promote Katrina as a central character and downplay Abbie" train for most of the season.

So - you simply aren't wrong.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2

Don't get me started on the FB page.  Whoever does the FB page must be in love with Tom Mison.   There'd be four posting prominently featuring pictures of Tom , then we might get one of some other character and then we'd get one of Nicole and Tom.  Very rarely would we get ones of Nicole solo and it was rare to see them in succession. 

When even FB (which had always been Katrina friendly) began turning on Katrina, I noticed more and more people commenting asking for more pictures of Nicole.  I wasn't the  only one that noticed.

The low was when the FB page did a pic of Hawley, Jenny & Abbie and asked some inane like which Mills sister was best for him.  This was already after the Hawley/Mills sister backlash and after they had already put the kibosh on Hawley & Abbie.   The comments were especially salty.  LOL.

• Love 2

Just watched Tempus Fugitive a few hours ago. My take is at the link below. I enjoyed it and am looking towards the future. I'm excited and hope we get a season three. This show, this cast, deserves a season three. With the right folks at the helm, Sleepy Hollow has positioned itself to finally be something great. I didn't think they could pull it off, but they did. The powers that be put together a great finale that sends a message to both Fox and its fans.

http://brownsista.tumblr.com/post/111613960559/i-just-finished-watching-tempus-fugit-and-here

"Tempus Fugitive," damn autocorrect

• Love 7

Just watched Tempus Fugitive a few hours ago. My take is at the link below. I enjoyed it and am looking towards the future. I'm excited and hope we get a season three. This show, this cast, deserves a season three. With the right folks at the helm, Sleepy Hollow has positioned itself to finally be something great. I didn't think they could pull it off, but they did. The powers that be put together a great finale that sends a message to both Fox and its fans.

http://brownsista.tumblr.com/post/111613960559/i-just-finished-watching-tempus-fugit-and-here

Thanks for this and I'm even more excited now.

• Love 1

Ah, finally Mison explained the baffling "Ichabod is in love with Abbie" thing, that came out of nowhere. He basically didn't mean anything worthwhile:

“He loves his wife, but he loves Abbie. He properly loves Abbie, in a different way to Katrina, obviously. And I don’t want to encourage ichabbie shippers too much, but he is hopelessly in love with Abbie because he knows he would not survive without her. And vice versa. So that is another reason he cannot follow his emotions, because these are two women he is helplessly in love with, but in different ways.”
—   Tom Mison - Sleepy Hollow Magazine, Issue #2

I take this to mean Katrina is his "True Epic Love", but since Abbie is helping him survive in the present, he depends on her. He's just wording it in a way to keep the shippers hooked. Moving on.

• Love 2

Glad someone posted this because there's actually a list of campaign activities posted now. Many are Twitter campaigns, including a trending event this coming Monday. Looks like there's too long a list to actually quote it here though - http://sleepyhollowhub.com/post/111580570131/updated-sleepy-hollow-renewal-campaign-and

They released the finale to bloggers. if you loved Sleepy Hollow season 1, I absolutely encourage you to support the renewal campaign!! 

I predict Fox will pick it up for a 3rd season. As with Awakening, the finale shows that a Fox-imposed course correction is under way.  Hope the ratings on Monday go up again!!

And, yes, they go there on the slavery issue. It was fine - not too much. The seriously dangerous situation Abbie faced as a Black woman in 1781 was not ignored, there were several tense moments, but those moments didn't weigh down the episode. Nothing offensive. I was happy to see the earlier Grace Abigail Mills make an appearance.

i will stay away from these boards for the rest of the weekend, because I'm not good at giving previews that aren't spoilers. Can't wait to re-assemble after the finale. 

Totally Agree!

• Love 3

They released the finale to bloggers. if you loved Sleepy Hollow season 1, I absolutely encourage you to support the renewal campaign!!

I predict Fox will pick it up for a 3rd season. As with Awakening, the finale shows that a Fox-imposed course correction is under way. Hope the ratings on Monday go up again!!

And, yes, they go there on the slavery issue. It was fine - not too much. The seriously dangerous situation Abbie faced as a Black woman in 1781 was not ignored, there were several tense moments, but those moments didn't weigh down the episode. Nothing offensive. I was happy to see the earlier Grace Abigail Mills make an appearance.

i will stay away from these boards for the rest of the weekend, because I'm not good at giving previews that aren't spoilers. Can't wait to re-assemble after the finale.

Ooooooo, you shameless tease!!!!

• Love 1

From the above mentioned review:

. The powers that be want us to come back. They are calling our names, sending up smoke signals, giving away free iPhones at the door. LOL

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!  Is it the iphone6?  Did I come back too soon and miss out?  LOL.  

It’s Alexis vs Crystal 2015 y’all.

Hot damn!  See SH - you have done "this" a long time ago!  

Aaron Baiers -- emoticon master:

Yes, he is.  I've seen this love of emotions before.  Something tells me Aaron Baiers is a Millennial.

This finale sounds like worthy of making old school popcorn! Can't wait until Monday!!!!!!!!!!! 

ETA - I wonder if the SpoilerTV guy has anything to say.  Perhaps I should track him down, the weather is bad and I don't have anything better to do.  Actually, I do have things better to do, but now I'm in full blown, waiting for the SH finale.  Oh, it's good to have crazy, fun Monday nights back.  Come on, FOX! 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 1

“He loves his wife, but he loves Abbie. He properly loves Abbie, in a different way to Katrina, obviously. And I don’t want to encourage ichabbie shippers too much, but he is hopelessly in love with Abbie because he knows he would not survive without her. And vice versa. So that is another reason he cannot follow his emotions, because these are two women he is helplessly in love with, but in different ways.”

—   Tom Mison - Sleepy Hollow Magazine, Issue #2

Just how old "is" this interview?  Because now that it's posted in its entirely, it seems I read this from Mison long before November.   Makes me believe even more that after one person went crazy with Aaron Baiers on Twitter, someone higher up quietly asked for parts of it to be re-leased. 

• Love 2

Nice list and very cool, but  what about advice (outside of how to watch on DVR)  for non-Twitter/ Facebook fans? 

I predict Fox will pick it up for a 3rd season. As with Awakening, the finale shows that a Fox-imposed course correction is under way. Hope the ratings on Monday go up again!!

I haven't watched since the Mama Mills episode but based on you're comment, I'll give the finale a shot
  • Love 1

Nice list and very cool, but  what about advice (outside of how to watch on DVR)  for non-Twitter/ Facebook fans? 

Maybe someone else can be of better help (I know little about DVR stuff) but if you're currently living in a giant pile of snow thus remaining home tonight like me then you can still participate without Twitter by watching on Hulu Plus or the FOX website - http://sleepyhollowhub.com/post/111619703486/sleepy-slumber-party-saturday-feb-21

Come join the #SleepySlumberParty hosted by Sleepy Hollow Addicts and in collaboration with Aaron Baiers, beginning with trivia games and prizes and concluding with the viewing party. Make sure to tweet #SleepySlumberParty!

Scheduled Programing: Pilot - S01E1, Sanctuary S01E09, Kindred S02E02, and Awakening S02E17.

PS - Someone needs to give Aaron Baiers on award. He's doing the work Goffman should be doing.

Edited by CinnamonCW
  • Love 1

He's doing the work Goffman should be doing.

Well... he did do it but he was freaking horrible at it and drove more viewers away with his mindless prattling about Katrina, Katrina, Katrina. Now, even if he were to enthuse about the actual leads of the show, Abbie and Ichabod, people would hear it as a load of bullshit.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 8

!.  So so jealous!

2. Is the link spoilery?

3.  Still jealous.

I haven't watched since the Mama Mills episode but based on you're comment, I'll give the finale a shot

Maybe watch last week's episode too or at least the last fifteen minutes to lead into the finale.

RE: Aaron Baiers and and all the petitions and online hoopla. .. This is hilarious how FOX has turned the tables and has the fans/viewers doing all the SH PR for them- free of charge.

Well done after having alienated and disgusted their audience... hats off to FOX for creating all the free and enthusiastic buzz...

It's great that these guys are going all out there campaigning and trying to convince FOX to renew the show. These are the true fans. And from what it sounds like, Monday's episode is going to be the "Please Forgive Us" episode that will bring back the masses. At least I hope!!

I am so looking forward to Monday too. SOOOO MUCH!!! Glad to hear the episode was done well and makes season 1 lovers happy. Viewers will come back, if they KNOW that the problems with season 1 are dead and gone!

SpoilerTV guy put up his Advanced Preview. He doesn's sound completely dejected, leading me to believe that Katrina survives. Too bad. A few spoilery things in his review (like how the episode ends). But overall it sounds really good, however choppy his review is. TV Juriste and Blackhoneys comments did so much better in generating excitement for me, TBH. Is Monday here yet??

• Love 1

10 Reasons You Should Come Back To Sleepy Hollow

This is pretty funny!

Did marauding Nick Hawley piss you off with his flesh beard and his habit of hitting on both Mills sisters? No problem, he’s gone. Were you tired of hearing about Henry Parrish’s daddy issues? He’s totally dead. Sick of Katrina not having a purpose besides whispering? She’s gone dark side and her new mission is to make sure her husband, Ichabod Crane, winds up dead.

Well said.

SpoilerTV guy put up his Advanced Preview. He doesn's sound completely dejected, leading me to believe that Katrina survives. Too bad. A few spoilery things in his review (like how the episode ends). But overall it sounds really good, however choppy his review is. TV Juriste and Blackhoneys comments did so much better in generating excitement for me, TBH. Is Monday here yet??

Well, that's disappointing.

• Love 3

Oh, as I've said before, I'm pretty damn sure that FOX decided top renew SH awhile ago, but wasn't going to announce it until after S2 was over.

I could be way off base, but, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an announcement shortly after the season finale.

I really really hope so. Just annouce it already. What are they waiting for? Though I've heard the reasons are settling contracts, getting a new showrunner, waiting to see ratings, etc. It's still annoying.

Good to know that the show reset itself and they can go anywhere from there. Another reason is I believe that FOX demanded a complete overview of season 3 - i.e. what direction it will go - before allowing it to go ahead. They don't want to make the season 2 mistake again.

Well, that's disappointing.

Have hope! LOL. It doesn't seem like it based on what he wrote. I figured he would have been more melancholy, but he has to ensure that major death does get spoiled, though I still do think it's Ichabod actually. "Killed" then resurrected. Better be Katrina though. Better be....

• Love 1

Okay, I'm all in now, so Fox better not let me down! For the first time since probably the season 2 premiere, I'm going to make sure I watch live and tweet while watching with the rest of the fans.

We're going to get renewed and have an epic viewing/social media celebration, or we're getting cancelled and will go down swinging, passionate, and making sure every showrunner involved goes down with the show. 

Either way, I'm here for it. 

• Love 4

RE: Aaron Baiers and and all the petitions and online hoopla. .. This is hilarious how FOX has turned the tables and has the fans/viewers doing all the SH PR for them- free of charge.

Well done after having alienated and disgusted their audience... hats off to FOX for creating all the free and enthusiastic buzz...

Crafty, sly FOX. SH writers may be a little clueless, but the PR people aren't stupid.

It's great that these guys are going all out there campaigning and trying to convince FOX to renew the show. These are the true fans. And from what it sounds like, Monday's episode is going to be the "Please Forgive Us" episode that will bring back the masses. At least I hope!!

I am so looking forward to Monday too. SOOOO MUCH!!! Glad to hear the episode was done well and makes season 1 lovers happy. Viewers will come back, if they KNOW that the problems with season 1 are dead and gone!

The only person's opinion you should be listening to is mine. If I am happy, you will be doing a dance at 10:00 pm. You know me.

• Love 7

The only person's opinion you should be listening to is mine. If I am happy, you will be doing a dance at 10:00 pm. You know me.

LOL. This made me laugh!! *grin* And yeah, I do know you and your past opinions/info and I totally agree. If you are happy and writing positive things, then I'm gonna be very, very happy. On the flip side, I take it there is going to be a meltdown of epic porportions at 10:00 pm too. It won't be pretty. *grabs popcorn*

I'm not watching until I get confirmation Goffman is no longer associated with show in any way, shape, or form.

The renewal announcement probably won't even be released for a few weeks, and then they MAY announce Goffman leaving, or just saying 'Season 3 showrunner for SH is <name>." Watch the episode. Give it the ratings the show deserves for a season 3. You heard Blackhoney. Seriously...if she is happy, you will be, we all will be and the Therapy Thread may not be needed anymore!!

• Love 3

Indi, if nothing else, put the show on Hulu or Fox while you do something else. We need the ratings!!

Tell all your friends to watch, every way they can.

Oh, as I've said before, I'm pretty damn sure that FOX decided top renew SH awhile ago, but wasn't going to announce it until after S2 was over.
I could be way off base, but, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an announcement shortly after the season finale.

The cynic in me thinks that they're delaying announcing to drive up fan frenzy (and thereby ratings).

ETA (from 10 Reasons):
anigif_optimized-20566-1424541378-26.gif

"Actual perfect mermaid warrior princess."

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 1

Speaking the truth isn't being cynical. That's EXACTLY what they're doing. That's part of the hilarity I was referring to. .. although, who knows who's orchestrating it...O/K? FOX? BOTH? But, they're in cahoots.

;)

Ah, at this point fans on the margin need to make a decision---do you feel the show should come back or not? We've heard from those in the know-- (Blackhoney and TVJuriste) neither of whom have been uncritical Ichatrina fans  (to say the least).  We've seen the penultimate episode which (IMO) was all I could hope for. Will Sleepy Hollow STAND or FALL? It's on YOUR heads! 

OK, I've been watching too much Game of Thrones lately…. Ignore me, please.

Edited by RiddleyWalker
  • Love 4