Type keyword(s) to search

Episodes in the Media

3 hours ago, wendyg said:

More likely, they'd have better chemistry if they had better writing. Neither Leah Remini nor Patricia Heaton would be able to do "something with" a role that's written to be personality-free. Even Nancy Travis, who displayed plenty of personality in ALMOST PERFECT, can't do "something with" the utterly non-role she's given in LAST MAN STANDING.

wendy, your repeat quoting of my "something with" suggests some disagreement (if I read you correctly), but we don't disagree. I tried to be clear that the reason Leah Remini and Patricia Heaton made an impression, beyond their own considerable talents, is that they had material with which to make that impression.

To veer it on-topic, no one can doubt that the women characters in Episodes have that material.

To veer it off-topic, say what you will about 2 Broke Girls and Mom, but those women are not generic. Those characters break through.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, wendyg said:

the three men in the room thought it was perfectly fine that the lead female was a completely blank slate and the other woman and I had to argue for giving her concerns of her own. "But most sitcoms are like that," they said. "Yes," we said, "and that's what's *wrong* with most sitcoms."

Just as I'm sure they would see nothing amiss with an overweight MLB in the lead while Jenna Fischer has to stay in supermodel shape for even a nothing role.

I'm not ragging on MLB personally, just the double standard.  I like eye candy, too.

• Love 2

I think MLB looks great, especially given his age.  He isn't starving himself to try to keep in his 25 year old shape, so he doesn't have the ridiculous look that so many actors--male and female--get when they can't accept that everyone gets older.  I don't see a lot of guys his age in real life who look so good.

• Love 4

Is there actually going to be a fifth (and final) season? If it's supposed to air in June, then I would think they had already filmed (especially with LeBlanc back on US network TV). But outside of that sentence, I can't find any mention of it.

How the heck did I miss this that there is a s5 coming? I'm so excited!!!

I only figured it out when I saw this tweet from Matt LeBlanc

Also, Dear Gods...he looks amazing! Spoiler barring this in case.  Mildly NSFW

Lordy.

Spoiler

• Love 2

Showtime's website says August 20.  Can't believe I have to wait so long, but then all my favorites are apparently worried about my mental health.  A lot of my favorite shows are ending this year (planned endings), but a different favorite keeps airing right after to keep me from going into sadness.  This should be starting just after my beloved Orphan Black ends (totally different shows, of course) but I like to think the universe doesn't want me to be too wrapped up in that, since I will be so excited to have Episodes back!

• Love 2

Jeepers. Season 4 ended in March of 2015. It will be over two years when Season 5 finally airs. The delay is baffling. If they were committed to the fifth season it should have aired in 2016 (that's apparently when it was filmed). Why wait until August of 2017? I hope they do a marathon so we can all catch up. I'll have forgotten the main plot points by then.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, Ailianna said:

Showtime's website says August 20.  Can't believe I have to wait so long, but then all my favorites are apparently worried about my mental health.  A lot of my favorite shows are ending this year (planned endings), but a different favorite keeps airing right after to keep me from going into sadness.  This should be starting just after my beloved Orphan Black ends (totally different shows, of course) but I like to think the universe doesn't want me to be too wrapped up in that, since I will be so excited to have Episodes back!

Yeah IMDB says August 20 also.  But at one point they also had some date in May-so I've been burned by them before!

Fingers crossed that an 8/20 premiere is actually happening. 

I realize that my post wasn't asking what I really wanted to know. My apologies,  it was late and I was tired. 

I can't figure out what network is airing the show in Canada.  We don't get Showtime, and I think it might have previously aired here on Showcase,  but it's been so long that I don't remember.  Currently there is nothing on the Showcase website about the show.  I tried a few other networks too and struck out.

i started watching this show the last season it was on. am watching the marathon of all episodes now. i absolutely love this. especially matt leblanc, tamsin grieg, and stephen mangan. very witty, laugh out loud and subtle both. one of the best shows i've watched. who would have thought? love.

Episodes is now on Netflix. Just binged watched season 5. We got rid of showtime right after season 4. And showtime wasn't included in last years watchathon on comcast. So, happy to finally watch the last season. 

• Love 2